• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 08 October 2012 - 20:19

Dear Pilots,

We are pleased to host a special user created mod for ROF that allows a closer more integrated relationship between ROF and Pat Wilson's Camapaign Generator.

This mod was created by talented community member AnKor85 and integrated into PWCG by Pat Wilson. It is recognized by 777 Studios as an easier way to manage PWCG with ROF so we have agreed to host it and encourage PWCG fans to try it. It is important to note that 777 Studios is not responsible for the content in the mod or its effects on your ROF install. We will also not provide technical support related to this mod. Tests have revealed no problems, but use at your own risk. All questions and comments about the mod should be addressed to AnKor and Pat Wilson. AnKor and Pat have agreed to monitor this thread and answer questions about the mod.

What is it?

This mod adds the ability to launch PWCG from the ROF Main Menu and then launch missions directly from the PWCG menu system. In essence it allows the user to "ping-pong" back and forth between the two. This removes the need to Alt-Tab between the two programs and allows both programs to be running at the same time greatly speeding up the process of launching missions and getting to PWCG debrief.

It will also warn you if you do not have automatic mission log turned on in ROF which PWCG requires to operate properly. It will also turn it on for you if you do not.

How to install and use?

Install:

1. Simply download the following archive and unpack into your main ROF directory.

[updated for 1.032]

see post #319 in the thread below for link to latest version for 1.032:

ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released

2. Install and configue the latest version of PWCG as usual. PWCG 11.3 or higher is required. [latest version as of 25 April 2013 is 13.3 - go here for latest version at any time: http://www.pwcampaig...bSite/PWCG.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pwcampaig...bSite/PWCG.html ]

3. Turn Mods On in ROF.

Use:

1. Launch ROF and click on the PWCG button to launch PWCG program.

Attached File  PWCG_GUI_Button.jpg   295.09KB   19406 downloads

2. Select you mission in PWCG and click Fly Mission.
3. ROF will expand launch the mission automatically.

Attached File  PWCG_GUI_Mod_Countdown.jpg   223.93KB   19385 downloads

4. Fly mission and hit Finish Flight when complete to return to the PWCG menu.

Attached File  PWCG_GUI_Mod_Finish.jpg   166.56KB   19382 downloads

Many thanks to Ankor and Pat for taking up this challenge and making such a cool mod.

We hope you enjoy this mod and good hunting!

Edit: Updated for ROF Version 1.030 on 4/1/13.

Jason

#2 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 08 October 2012 - 20:25

Wow, How great is this!!
Thanks to Ankor for this Mod, Pat for his beautiful Campaign generator and Jason for incorporation. Good work, really good work guys & great style Jason! :)

#3 89

Posted 08 October 2012 - 20:47

I am flying the fantastic St Michiel campaign by Vander, but I am nearly finished with it and was already thinking of what to do after. Beta career is just too "samey", but I've heard good things about PWCG and will definitely try it now. Thanks Ankor!

#4 Edward_Gale

Edward_Gale

Posted 08 October 2012 - 20:48

Great news! Thank you!!

#5 Browning

Browning

Posted 08 October 2012 - 21:12

Fantastic to see this kind of support.

#6 Major_Marvel

Major_Marvel

Posted 08 October 2012 - 21:21

Great!! I love PWCG thanks for inter grading it into the game

#7 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 08 October 2012 - 21:37

Great, no need for my RoF Selector anymore. Two questions before testing:

Any way not to be forced to have mods on? I often fly both RoF or PWCG in "mods OFF" mode, because sometimes after a PWCG mission I just go multiplayer for a quick flight before quitting the game (in mods on, I will need to remember to change mods and restart the game if I want to go online).

Also, I'm assuming it disables logging whenever I restart and fly "vanilla" ROF missions/multiplayer (if my last session was PWCG's?).

#8 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 08 October 2012 - 21:53

VERY Cool!

Great Mod, Ankor!

Thank you for adding it, Jason!

:S!:

HT

#9 Avatar

Posted 08 October 2012 - 22:17

Excellent stuff! Thanks to all that were involved in this. :S!:

ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133, Win 7 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 2 MFCDs, 32" Bravia & 2 19" Syncmaster monitors

#10 Pip2

Pip2

Posted 08 October 2012 - 23:44

Nooby question here: what is pwcg?

#11 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 08 October 2012 - 23:56

Nooby question here: what is pwcg?

Re: "PWGC" - WAS IST??

#12 stevetryagain

stevetryagain

Posted 09 October 2012 - 00:37

Sweet!

Thank you all :S!:

#13 vonu

vonu

Posted 09 October 2012 - 00:54

This is very excellent. :) Thanks to all involoved.

#14 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 09 October 2012 - 00:54

Hats off and Kudos to 777 for adding this in.

FWIW I fly both careers and enjoy them both.

EDIT ; Buzz Kill , I'm getting an error "Java SE binary has stopped working"

This application might need a support thread of its own.

#15 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:14

Hats off to 777 team for this addition!

Pat work really deserve it! It's now fully part of ROF simulation!…well, mods on…

Much easier to switch between both careers generators. And no more startup config to change :S!:

#16 BSS_DrGlow

BSS_DrGlow

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:09

Hats off and Kudos to 777 for adding this in.

FWIW I fly both careers and enjoy them both.

EDIT ; Buzz Kill , I'm getting an error "Java SE binary has stopped working"

This application might need a support thread of its own.

I get the same error any help??

#17 Avatar

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:12

Okay, I just thought I'd try it out but I'm not sure it's working for me. I started up Pat's generator and picked a campaign and generated a mission. I then started up RoF and clicked on the PWCG button and saw a message saying it was loading and then "waiting for the next mission" I waited 5 min. and nothing happened. I clicked cancel and then went into Single mission and flew the mission. Got an incomplete as I didn't get to patrol the whole area (ran into too many enemy planes and after downing 4 got shot up and flew home to land just on our side of the lines due to engine failure. I then clicked on the PWCG button again and saw the same thing, got the loading message, and then waiting for next mission where it just hangs there. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I reinstalled both PWCG (11.4) and this mod after the first time I encountered this and I still get it. The only way to continue is to do as we had to before this mod, i.e., alt tab and generate a new mission.

ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133, Win 7 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 2 MFCDs, 32" Bravia & 2 19" Syncmaster monitors

#18 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:19

You need to launch ROF first, then click the PWCG button and you must have Mods On.

Jason

#19 Avatar

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:43

You need to launch ROF first, then click the PWCG button and you must have Mods On.

That's the first way I tried it and it just hangs at waiting for the next mission so I then tried like I described above and have the same results. Just to be sure I tried it again like you said but it's just like the first time. Just plain doesn't work for me at all. :(

#20 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:13

What do you mean hanging for the next mission? Where is it hanging? In ROF or PWCG?

Jason

#21 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:19

Hi, everybody!
This mod should work as Jason said - you start ROF, click PWCG button in its menu and it automatically switches to PWCG and back. You don't need to start PWCG manually.

But looks like it doesn't work as smooth as it should for some people. I'm investigating the "javaw.exe" crashes right now - they may be caused by older versions of java. Before release the mod was tested by several people and nobody had this problem so I'm a bit wondering why it happens now.

As for Avatar's problem - I'm not sure yet what happens. You can try this:
- do not start PWCG manually
- start ROF with my mod
- click PWCG
- now since nothing happens for you at this point, wait some seconds and try to alt-tab and tell me if PWCG is started or not (maybe it was actually started but wasn't brought to foreground). Depending on your result I will think what to do next.

I think we can use Pat Wilson Campaign Generator support for support questions, but I will monitor this thread too.

#22 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:46

Any way not to be forced to have mods on? I often fly both RoF or PWCG in "mods OFF" mode, because sometimes after a PWCG mission I just go multiplayer for a quick flight before quitting the game (in mods on, I will need to remember to change mods and restart the game if I want to go online).

Also, I'm assuming it disables logging whenever I restart and fly "vanilla" ROF missions/multiplayer (if my last session was PWCG's?).

I understand that "mods ON" conflict with multiplayer, but no, at this point it is just a mod.

Disabling/enabling logging requires a restart - my mod just checks if logs are enabled before starting PWCG (and disabled before starting normal missions) and if something is not right asks a permission to enable/disable them and then restarts the game.

#23 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:50

Just have two installs of ROF. One for Mods On and one for Mods Off. It's what I do and totally easy with ROF. Just copy the whole folder and make a new shortcut.

Jason

#24 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:27

I really appreciate the care and cooperation you have all put into this. I'm very much looking forward to using it.

S!

#25 NickM

NickM

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:49

Ace - this looks really good! Will try it tonight.

#26 Fabioccio

Fabioccio

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:24

WONDERFUL!
Will try it ASAP
Thank you
S!

#27 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:38

Looks great !

#28 3instein

3instein

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:57

First great work on this guys,it can only enhance what is an excellent sim.
I installed as you instructed,but when I go to take off the game crashes "ROF is no longer working,windows is searching for solution" message.
I had clicked the mods on,
PWCG appeared in my list next to the beta career

Everything seemed to be working OK.
Until I tried to take off.
Question I was wanting to ask is,I already have PWCG installed and configured,and is the latest version.
Do I need to delete this and re-install before extracting the rar into ROF folder or vice versa,or is it good to go with the version of PWCG already installed?
Regards,
Mick. :S!:

EDIT: I don't have any other mods on or JSGME mods in my ROF folder. :)

#29 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:18

Cool, can't wait to try it. :)

#30 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:26

3instein, no you don't need to reinstall PWCG, the mod works with existing version.

Let's try to find out what happening:
Turn OFF mods, start the game and select the problematic mission as you do normally, i.e. go to Missions list and start it manually.
If the mission still crashes in "mods off" - there is a problem in the mission and it must be a bug in PWCG. This is very unlikely, though.

If the mission doesn't crash "mods off" then turn "mods ON" again, but this time uninstall the UI mod (delete "data\swf\interface.gfx" before starting the game) and try to run the same mission manually. If it still crashes then there's a problem with some other mod. Do you normally use any other mods?

However, if it crashes only with my UI mod then I'll have to think what may be wrong there.

Added
EDIT: I don't have any other mods on or JSGME mods in my ROF folder.
Hmm… Just noticed that.
Well, I'd still try to check how the same mission works "mods off" and "mods on but without interface.gfx". Just to rule out any chances for leftover incompatible files from other mods.

#31 3instein

3instein

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:21

Thanks AnKor85,
I will try what you suggest and let you know.
Pats career works on it's own no bother,
Just tried again (not with what you suggested)
Everything seems fine but once,after bout 4-5 mins in the air,everything just went back to desktop with no game running? mm strange.
But I will let ya know how I get on with your suggestion.
Cheers,
Mick.

#32 lederhosen

lederhosen

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:52

seems to work fine

#33 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:40

I understand that "mods ON" conflict with multiplayer, but no, at this point it is just a mod.

Disabling/enabling logging requires a restart - my mod just checks if logs are enabled before starting PWCG (and disabled before starting normal missions) and if something is not right asks a permission to enable/disable them and then restarts the game.

Thanks for the reply, AnKor. And congrats for you and Pat for the good work. :)

#34 EAF92_Whiskey

EAF92_Whiskey

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:53

Both of the first two missions I tried crashed to desktop a few seconds after mission start while I was sitting in the cockpit.

Looks like it was a conflict with some other mods though. I was running Criquets AI Pilots and the AI Gunner mod and after a few seconds the mission would produce an RoF.exe error. I disabled all mods through JSGME and the PWCG mod worked. I then added each of the other two mods in turn and tested and it still works OK.

Only tested briefly as time is short but so far so good.

WB.

#35 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:55

Cool Stuff I`ll give it a try :D :D :D

#36 aircastellon

aircastellon

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:02

Just have two installs of ROF. One for Mods On and one for Mods Off. It's what I do and totally easy with ROF. Just copy the whole folder and make a new shortcut.

Jason

Seems easy Jason but when you update the game, you must copy the entire folder another time or you run the update two times (for mods on and mods off)?.

Thanks

#37 Avatar

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:25

What do you mean hanging for the next mission? Where is it hanging? In ROF or PWCG?

It hangs here in RoF:

Attached File  PWCG.jpg   445.96KB   556 downloads

PWCG never launches. Yes, I alt-tab to make sure it's not staying behind the main RoF window.

#38 Avatar

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:25

Seems easy Jason but when you update the game, you must copy the entire folder another time or you run the update two times (for mods on and mods off)?.

Thanks

Just run the updater in each install and you're good to go. No need to copy again.

#39 Avatar

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:27

As for Avatar's problem - I'm not sure yet what happens. You can try this:
- do not start PWCG manually
- start ROF with my mod
- click PWCG
- now since nothing happens for you at this point, wait some seconds and try to alt-tab and tell me if PWCG is started or not (maybe it was actually started but wasn't brought to foreground). Depending on your result I will think what to do next.

I think we can use Pat Wilson Campaign Generator support for support questions, but I will monitor this thread too.

I have waited up to 5 min. and PWCG never launches. Further communication will be in Paul's support thread. Thanks!

#40 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 09 October 2012 - 15:06

Try doing an alternate clean install of ROF with no other mods other then PWCG and GUI Mod. See if that works. If it does, it's something in your install.

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users