- - - - -

Newguy's spad XIII Carmilla

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 07 October 2012 - 00:46

3 negative votes?

Is that file you sent me earlier the final MJ? And it includes the newest .DDS file with the fixed number on the tail?

I am pretty sure, Lib. Could you test it out? I am currently on a laptop and not on the personal computer I have ROF and all of the files, so I can't check it again. I am almost positive that the .dds is the one with the XIII on the tail, not the earlier one with the XII. :S!: MJ

P.S. Sorry to ask you to check, Lib. I am very sure it is the right .dds, but Murphy's Law has been all over me today, like Sun on shine… :lol:

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#42 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:38

3 negative votes?

Is that file you sent me earlier the final MJ? And it includes the newest .DDS file with the fixed number on the tail?

I am pretty sure, Lib. Could you test it out? I am currently on a laptop and not on the personal computer I have ROF and all of the files, so I can't check it again. I am almost positive that the .dds is the one with the XIII on the tail, not the earlier one with the XII. :S!: MJ

P.S. Sorry to ask you to check, Lib. I am very sure it is the right .dds, but Murphy's Law has been all over me today, like Sun on shine… :lol:

Lib,
Ok, I was able to check out the skin and it is the corrected final version of Carmilla, Lib. :S!: MJ

#43 Pigmachine

Pigmachine

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:40

5 negative!? Must've been since I showed my ugly mug here.. praising the plane :(
As I am not a 'public' favorite around here!

Some people just hate 'fictional' planes.. no matter how good they look, and yours do look good!
My latest creations can be debated.. but they are 'personal' and 'fictional'

#44 Tex2002

Tex2002
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:49

@Newguy, very impressive work!

@Pigmachine - nice bike!! :)

#45 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:03

@Newguy, very impressive work!

@Pigmachine - nice bike!! :)

Thank you Tex, but all the credit should go to Libereator. :S!: MJ

#46 Tex2002

Tex2002
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:07

Ah indeed - to Liberator too - very excellent work!

#47 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:13

5 negative!? Must've been since I showed my ugly mug here.. praising the plane :(

Some people just hate 'fictional' planes.. no matter how good they look, and yours do look good!
My latest creations can be debated.. but they are 'personal' and 'fictional'

So true, fictional plane schemes are not for every ROF'er. I always vote yes to include the personal skins of others, because I adore my personal skins and I know that we all adore our personal rides. For the ROF'ers not into personal skins, they don't have to install our skins, even if and after our are approved for fictional skin use, so no one will ever have a skin forced on them; that is the beauty of the system :S!: MJ

#48 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:38

I'm not the most popular guy on the forums either ;)

I think personal skins are more realistic because they created their own aircraft back then and we should now and not masquerade around as someone else (as long as their historically plausible, in my opinion).

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#49 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 October 2012 - 18:43

I updated the Download link.

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#50 Wolfgang_Klose

Wolfgang_Klose

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:04

Beautiful work! Looks clean and very well done…

Now to put some holes in it!

Salute.

#51 Pigmachine

Pigmachine

Posted 20 October 2012 - 00:43

(Still contains a subdir,) and the resolution on the preview is 36,9 pixels per inch, instead of the normal 72 P/I so it might look fyzzy

#52 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 20 October 2012 - 00:48

(Still contains a subdir,) and the resolution on the preview is 36,9 pixels per inch, instead of the normal 72 P/I so it might look fyzzy

You are right, Pigmachine. I will correct it. Thank you! :S!: MJ

#53 Markow

Markow

Posted 20 October 2012 - 00:55

wow

campribV.png

#54 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:24

Pigmachine,
I made the picture 72 dpi plus I eliminated the subdirectory problem. Here is a new link. I am trying to reach Liberator, so he can update the OP. :S!: MJ

speedy.sh/fXFEt/S13-Newguy-V2.zip

#55 Pigmachine

Pigmachine

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:40

Sub dir 'S13_Newguy_V2' still there. but preview pic looks a lot better! :S!:

I'm not a 'skin-police' :D I just think it would be bad if not included, from a small issue, since a damn nice skin!

About sub directories

"NOTE - when you put a D/L file link in your poll submission threads, it is better for me when I process the files if you would simply put all of the skin files in the root/main .zip file, with no directories or subdirectories at all, no matter how many skins you are submitting in one poll thread (e.g., even if you are submitting say 10 AD5 skins for your squadron, it's best to put all 30 required files in the .zip file without any folders or subfolders)."

So it's not a must to have it in 'root' of .zip , just easier for them to work with

Source to sub-dir or not comment

#56 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:41

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users