Photo
- - - - -

A request for the Fokker DVII with DIIIaü engine...

• Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#41 Frankyboy

Frankyboy

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:38

personal wish would be that 777 would put the D.IIIaü in the existing Fokker D.VII and Pfalz D.XII and replace their engines (and FM) - as they did in the past already with the Pfalz when its D.IIIa engine was replaced with the actualy BMW….

Yes, i know, no money to earn with this.

An Albatros Va with D.IIIaü engine or an Albatros III with D.III engine should be new planes to buy IMO.

#42 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:41

I agree, for reasons I've mentioned often before it would be very problematic to offer the D.VII with D.IIIaü as payware. It should replace the current D.VII in career and campaign missions, and people would either be forced to buy it, or they would be unable to play these features with this plane any more.

Also, an 'engine mod' as it's done with the field- and weapon mods is not practical either. It would deviate from the current way planes with engine variants are offered (as seperate planes, packaged together in all cases except the D.VII and D.VIIF), and it would prevent mission makers and server hosts from controlling what variants are available in missions.

I'm sure there must be another, elegant solution that will work for both 777 and the ROF community, though.

#43 VonSensburg

VonSensburg

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:04

Let's keep this topic for the D.VII D.IIIaü please, before the devs can't see the forest through the trees with all the requests.
Let's keep this post alive!
+1 D.VII D.IIIaü - You can count my money on this!

#44 150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:28

BUMP!
BUMP!
BUMP!

#45 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:23

And this one:

:)

#46 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:43

This thread reminds me of how much more excited I can get over a new scout than a new two-seater!

Albatros D.III (Johannisthal)
Nieuport 24
Hanriot HD1
SS D.IV
Snipe

Bring 'em!…After the D.VII with a Mercedes D.IIIau. ;)

#47 4./JG53_Wotan

4./JG53_Wotan

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:20

personal wish would be that 777 would put the D.IIIaü in the existing Fokker D.VII and Pfalz D.XII and replace their engines (and FM) - as they did in the past already with the Pfalz when its D.IIIa engine was replaced with the actualy BMW….

An Albatros Va with D.IIIaü engine or an Albatros III with D.III engine should be new planes to buy IMO.

That would be preferable but probably not likely. They need to keep a revenue stream through sales. Any time put into redoing planes most of us already own is not going bring in money.

As such if the choice is between no D.IIIaü D.VII / D.XII and paying for them I think most of us would begrudgingly buy them (at least the D.VII). I think they know that and will weigh that against how much they can make off a completely new aircraft as a opposed to another variant of an existing plane.

Wotan

#48 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:34

I would by them with out trepidation, as I've always liked having as many different machines in a sim as possible. When I fist started, I was a bit puzzled by the lack of a Albatros D.V…

#49 rolikiraly

rolikiraly

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:59

This thread reminds me of how much more excited I can get over a new scout than a new two-seater!

Nieuport 24
Hanriot HD1
SS D.IV
Snipe

Bring 'em!…After the D.VII with a Mercedes D.IIIau.

Absolutely!
+1

#50 SYN_Ricky

SYN_Ricky

Posted 03 October 2012 - 13:32

+1 for the D.VII with DIIIaü :)

#51 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 03 October 2012 - 14:01

Nieuport 24
Hanriot HD1
SS D.IV
Snipe

Bring 'em!…After the D.VII with a Mercedes D.IIIau.

Absolutely!
+1
Me too I think Gavagai is right. 2 Seaters and bombers are nice to have and I am very happy with them and will buy the others too when they come out. But I think the main asset of a WWI combat sim are the fighters and the last year and a half the emphasis has been a bit too much on bombers and 2 seaters for my taste.

:S!:

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#52 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 03 October 2012 - 14:11

+1

I'd buy two!

Well maybe not two, but you get the point…

Also Nieuport 24 please.

#53 150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro

Posted 03 October 2012 - 14:39

Good choice. For these scouts i would pay now the preorder….

Fokker D.VIIau
Siemens-Schuckert D-IV

Nieuport 24
Hanriot HD1
Sopwith Snipe

…but the must to have "NOW" are the two germans we can't absolutely cut off in these sim: D.III (Johannisthal) and Fokker D.VIIau.

#54 Voidhunger

Voidhunger

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:05

I want to hear at least : sorry guys we will not make it this year, but at the beginning of the new year you will have it! :x please 777 :)

#55 Stick-95

Stick-95

Posted 03 October 2012 - 16:16

I agree that the D.IIIau engine variant should be available. However, if the Fokker D.VII D.IIIau engine model is sold as a separate aircraft in the store I believe it will cause issues as who will buy the plain vanilla 110hp version afterward?

IMHO I think the best approach is to merge the Fokker D.VII models into one aircraft for sale in the store with its multiple engine variants, just like the Spad VII, Bristol F2.B (F.II/F.III) and the Halberstadt CL.II. This would include the D.IIIau engine. The price should be in line with aircraft with multiple engine options.

So that current owners don't feel miffed, 777 should offer a limited time (say one month) upgrade only purchase option for the Fokker D.VII with the D.IIIau engine to those who own both the D.VII and the D.VIIF. Pricing could be less than the cost of a full scout if the development time proves to be less.

I think the above is a win-win situation. Current owners get the D.IIIau in the VII. 777 gets paid for its development. The store becomes consistent for aircraft purchases by future customers.

#56 VonSensburg

VonSensburg

Posted 03 October 2012 - 18:03

I agree that the D.IIIau engine variant should be available. However, if the Fokker D.VII D.IIIau engine model is sold as a separate aircraft in the store I believe it will cause issues as who will buy the plain vanilla 110hp version afterward?

IMHO I think the best approach is to merge the Fokker D.VII models into one aircraft for sale in the store with its multiple engine variants, just like the Spad VII, Bristol F2.B (F.II/F.III) and the Halberstadt CL.II. This would include the D.IIIau engine. The price should be in line with aircraft with multiple engine options.

So that current owners don't feel miffed, 777 should offer a limited time (say one month) upgrade only purchase option for the Fokker D.VII with the D.IIIau engine to those who own both the D.VII and the D.VIIF. Pricing could be less than the cost of a full scout if the development time proves to be less.

I think the above is a win-win situation. Current owners get the D.IIIau in the VII. 777 gets paid for its development. The store becomes consistent for aircraft purchases by future customers.

It should be even easier: charge new customers for new DVII with DIIIaü as a separate aircraft (3rd fokker in the store). Reduce price (let's say 50%) for us who already bought basic DVII? (Still I'm goinng to buy whatever price it'll be - it's so important plane!)

#57 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 03 October 2012 - 18:04

That would be preferable but probably not likely. They need to keep a revenue stream through sales. Any time put into redoing planes most of us already own is not going bring in money.

As such if the choice is between no D.IIIaü D.VII / D.XII and paying for them I think most of us would begrudgingly buy them (at least the D.VII). I think they know that and will weigh that against how much they can make off a completely new aircraft as a opposed to another variant of an existing plane.

Wotan

I would gladly buy them to show my support for fixes I care about deeply. I honestly don't give a damn about seaplanes and would much rather spend money that directly goes toward the rehabilitation of our anemic German scouts.

#58 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 October 2012 - 19:50

For the reasons I stated, I think they should make the Fokker D.VII D.IIIaü available to all who already own the D.VII. However, I wouldn't mind if they actually exchanged it and then offered the D.IIIa variant for sale to everyone….the D.IIIaü is just a must have and you can't tell everyone who already owns the D.VII that they can't play their campaigns or careers any more because they have to buy the new engine variant.

And, you simply cannot have the D.VII D.IIIaü without applying it in those campaigns and careers.

Both would be a big mistake.

#59 DerAck

DerAck
  • LocationRhinebeck, NY - USA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 19:59

gavagai

I would gladly buy them to show my support for fixes I care about deeply. I honestly don't give a damn about seaplanes and would much rather spend money that directly goes toward the rehabilitation of our anemic German scouts.

I heartily concur! (Although I do like and appreciate Our Brandenburg W12.)

ALLES FÜR DEUTSCHLAND

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

#60 SJK

SJK

Posted 03 October 2012 - 20:02

The Spad 7 is $10.99 with two engines. The Fokker D.VII is $7.62. A difference of $3.37. I would not personally buy a whole new plane just to have a different engine. I also love the new sea plane. I'd rather pay for another one of those than an engine that should have been there in the first place.

#61 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 03 October 2012 - 20:13

The Spad 7 is $10.99 with two engines. The Fokker D.VII is $7.62. A difference of $3.37. I would not personally buy a whole new plane just to have a different engine. I also love the new sea plane. I'd rather pay for another one of those than an engine that should have been there in the first place.

I understand the logic, but where's the financial incentive? Everything costs money. All I ask is for the opportunity to put my money toward something that is important to me.

When the Fokker D.VIIF came out, paying $7.62 for the same aircraft with a different engine is exactly what we did.

In the end, it's not about the money, whether an airplane costs 1 pint of beer or 2. What matters is that the mercedes-powered D.VII finally receives the care and attention it has lacked for so long.

#62 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 03 October 2012 - 20:15

Although I agree that the engine should have been there in the first place, I would still prefer having the chance to be able to buy it instead of never getting it. It's to important to have for the reasons Vander said.

#63 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 October 2012 - 20:25

I understand the logic, but where's the financial incentive? Everything costs money. All I ask is for the opportunity to put my money toward something that is important to me.

When the Fokker D.VIIF came out, paying $7.62 for the same aircraft with a different engine is exactly what we did.

In the end, it's not about the money, whether an airplane costs 1 pint of beer or 2. What matters is that the mercedes-powered D.VII finally receives the care and attention it has lacked for so long.

I agree. But if 777 doesn't do this exactly right, even if they offer it as payware, they can lose customer base on it.

#64 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 03 October 2012 - 20:49

I agree. But if 777 doesn't do this exactly right, even if they offer it as payware, they can lose customer base on it.

Those who are going to leave completely over the FM issues have already done so. There's no wrong way to put the D.IIIau in the D.VII.

#65 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 October 2012 - 20:52

Those who are going to leave completely over the FM issues have already done so. There's no wrong way to put the D.IIIau in the D.VII.

Gav, I very much disagree, for the reasons I gave before. I don't want people to be forced to buy a new plane in order to be able to enjoy game modes they have access to now, and I don't want to see the D.IIIaü added without the career mode or the campaigns being amended.

#66 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 03 October 2012 - 21:37

Campaigns don't need to be amended. They can keep the D.VII we have now.

As for career mode, you're going to have that problem whenever a plane is added that fills a gap. It's not a problem that is special to the D.VII. So what's your general solution if 777 wants to add a HS powered SE5a, an Albatros D.III, or a 235hp Spad 13?

#67 SYN_Rabitski

SYN_Rabitski

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:34

I would like and pay for any plane that adds more depth to this game, so yes +1 for me.
I would also pay for a flight model review so long as it was across the board w/h all planes getting looked at the one time that need it (but that's not going to happen soon, so I'll run w/h the hand I got)
I would as a player who 99.99% of the time fly allied planes have to ask whats in this for us? Could it be paired w/h up-engined allied scout or there was talk last year about the snipe what ever came of that one?
Anyways I'll keep a stiff upper-lip and plug away in my 1916-17 put-puts for the time being.

#68 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 04 October 2012 - 14:39

I wonder what Jason thinks of it.

#69 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 04 October 2012 - 18:05

I wonder what Jason thinks of it.

Yes, regardless of the implementation details, I think 777 has a winner here. What say ye Jason and Moscow? :S!:

#70 Rots5

Rots5

Posted 04 October 2012 - 23:26

This idea would by probably supported by my wallet.

#71 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:51

This idea would by probably supported by my wallet.
Sure thing for me ;) .

#72 SYN_Kollwitz

SYN_Kollwitz

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:01

and a yes from me as well :)

#73 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:25

If implementing this was easy then I suspect we'd have it already.

I agree that I'd really like to see this done in a way that doesn't piss people off, the best way is to exchange the current Diiia for the Diiiau version, that way no campaign or MP missions are broken. How do you achieve that without taking the DVII away from existing customers though… you can't take something away that people have paid for.…

#74 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:47

I will have no problem to pay full price for DVII with "au" engine especially because I will actually fly it (unlike two-seaters, and I bought all of them).
However I also think it would be more fair to have it bundled with existing DVII like they did with engine variants of Spad 7.

#75 150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:05

About the D.III Johannisthal, would be good for ex., this kinde of agreement: buy it so we could fix also D.III OAW FM (speed if i remember well).

The same later for the Sopwith Pup, preorder the Strutter and fix the Pup FM.

However, in a way or an other is time to have these two german scouts in RoF. Too much time without an answer from Jason & c., so now this is a real request.

#76 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 06 October 2012 - 13:24

Agreed, though I'm not looking forward to engaging them in a SPAD :/

+1 though, I'd love to have it, plus of course the Johannisthal

#77 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 06 October 2012 - 15:16

Yeah, now we have the Diiiau in game I think we need an answer to this.

Maybe we could have a Diiiau bundle for existing users, adding the Pfalz D12, Fokker DVII and Albatros DVa with the Diiiau?

#78 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 06 October 2012 - 17:26

Yeah, now we have the Diiiau in game I think we need an answer to this.

Maybe we could have a Diiiau bundle for existing users, adding the Pfalz D12, Fokker DVII and Albatros DVa with the Diiiau?
Good idea.

#79 Soilworker

Soilworker

Posted 06 October 2012 - 18:28

I also think we need the D.VII with the D.IIIaü and I also think (and I'm sure many will agree with me) that we should get the Pfalz D.XII with the D.IIIaü as a replacement for the BMW version as there is no proof that there were any BMW D.XII's at the front apart from the word of Anthony Fokker who was a notorious bullshit artist.
8-)
On a different though somewhat related note, could someone explain to me why we need the D.III Johannisthal? This isn't a negative question, I simply don't know anything about it. :oops:

#80 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 06 October 2012 - 19:35

The D.III Johnnisthal came into service at the beginning of the period that the current OAW one fills now. Really it should be Johnnisthal only initially than moving over to OAW ones. (as I understand it.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users