• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 28 September 2012 - 18:26

Pilots,

Some of you have been experiencing some login difficulties with ROF. It appears this was due to some hardware issues with our Amazon S3 servers. The team informs me that this should be corrected now. If you are still having problems please write to rof@777studios.net and we will look into it.

There have also been some technical suggestions here in the forum and at SimHQ for you to try if you are having difficulty.

Can't log in game or website from my regular IP [solved]
cant login online tonight??? (solved for me)
http://simhq.com/for...tml#Post3651384" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://simhq.com/for...bbthreads.php/t … ost3651384

This issue affected a small and seemingly random portion of the community. We apologize for the inconvenience. We've done everything we can on our side to solve the problem. The root hardware problem was Amazon's doing unfortunately.

Regards,
Jason

#2 belfastman2

belfastman2

Posted 05 October 2012 - 18:21

My trackr 5 f7-f12 keys do not work in game they will work outside the game by pausing and centering the last fix took them out, I have checked my ROF to see if they were assignedto other fuctions they are not what gives this is very frustrating

#3 Laser

Laser

Posted 05 October 2012 - 19:06

My trackr 5 f7-f12 keys do not work in game they will work outside the game by pausing and centering the last fix took them out, I have checked my ROF to see if they were assignedto other fuctions they are not what gives this is very frustrating

Try to run TrackIR and RoF with the same user permissions (both as admin, or neither)

#4 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 05 October 2012 - 20:05

And this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand…

#5 hoots2

hoots2

Posted 05 October 2012 - 23:39

Another helpful customer hint from lukeff… Qudos to laser for actually trying to help.

#6 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 06 October 2012 - 15:12

To return to the topic….

I still can't access the ROF site over 3G for some reason, either using my laptop MIFI dongle or my iPhone. This started a week or so ago and the problem hasn't cleared. All other sites still load fine, apart from the ROF site. Nothings changed in my phone or dongle settings, from one day to the next it just stopped working.

Network UK O2 (Giffgaff)

#7 belfastman2

belfastman2

Posted 07 October 2012 - 22:50

thanks laser got them to work running as admin on both ,but can't get gun sights to lock,disable f9 get sight where I want it enable f9 goes right back to old sight pic.Oh yeah thanks for help luke

#8 nory

nory

Posted 27 December 2012 - 15:33

Hi Jason,this is my first ever post in any board. I have a "burning" question.
Since a few years several software companies have decided to marry the "web authentication",which is fine(i've ALWAYS bought brand new original games just because i like to get the original package,map,charts,book-let's remember Falcon 4,for example);Now,what if a company shuts down(with the server included,obviously),and let's say one day one has to reinstall the game from scratch because Windows sometimes has weird attitudes…(i admit is kinda paranoic,but nonetheless true)we couldn't do that,could we? When the interface asks us to login and the servers isn't existing anylonger,what could we do? I'll tell you a further story:I'm still addicted to Grand Prix Legends(Papyrus)as well as Falcon4(microprose) and several others which hit the store shelves in '98,well i'm still playin' em because they don't require any web authentication,but what would have happened in case it was that way,since Papyrus(the company who created it) shut down in 2003,just like Microprose? Would we get,in extreme cases,a little patch in order to run it anyway?
Would ther be an "assistance" server in order to cope with that?
Once again,it all sounds much like a paranoic attitude mine,but that doesn't mean i'm wrong,nor mumbling about something that would never ever happen.
You know,all this concern of mine comes from the DEEP LOVE i got for this ultra-refined sim(the more you get addicted to something the more you're afraid of losing it…). Thanx again 4 havin' crafted the finest sim i ever gotten since the mid 90's.
Chhers,Alex.

#9 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 27 December 2012 - 15:36

Since a few years several software companies have decided to marry the "web authentication",which is fine(i've ALWAYS bought brand new original games just because i like to get the original package,map,charts,book-let's remember Falcon 4,for example);Now,what if a company shuts down(with the server included,obviously),and let's say one day one has to reinstall the game from scratch because Windows sometimes has weird attitudes…(i admit is kinda paranoic,but nonetheless true)we couldn't do that,could we? When the interface asks us to login and the servers isn't existing anylonger,what could we do? I'll tell you a further story:I'm still addicted to Grand Prix Legends(Papyrus)as well as Falcon4(microprose) and several others which hit the store shelves in '98,well i'm still playin' em because they don't require any web authentication,but what would have happened in case it was that way,since Papyrus(the company who created it) shut down in 2003,just like Microprose? Would we get,in extreme cases,a little patch in order to run it anyway?
Once again,it all sounds much like a paranoic attitude mine,but that doesn't mean i'm wrong,nor mumbling about something that would never ever happen.

Nory, you have posted this question several times. From now on, once will do, I promise. Our community is very responsive and I see that all of the threads you've started with the same question have all been answered. Welcome aboard! :S!:

#10 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 27 December 2012 - 15:43

I can't log in either. I'm getting an invalid email or password message :(

#11 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 02 January 2013 - 21:03

Since the whole evening, I can login but I get a 10009 connection lost after a few minutes, sometimes a few seconds. I don't know if it's the same issue.

:xx:

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#12 dugazmus

dugazmus

Posted 24 January 2013 - 21:17

WTF!!!!!!…after update I can't log in either. I'm getting an invalid email or password message..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#13 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 15:12

WTF!!!!!!…after update I can't log in either. I'm getting an invalid email or password message..aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

RoF withdrawel can be tuff ….. but I gues I can say that as i can log on fine …. sorry for your problems though … 8-)

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#14 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:44

Welcome to the Forums - sorry you're having tech troubles. If you've rechecked it and you're sure you typed in the correct username/password info and it's still not working, your best bet it probably to send them an e-mail ( rof@777studios.net ) and let them check to see if something has gone wrong with the authentication process on their end.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#15 Baslar

Baslar

Posted 03 February 2013 - 16:59

Hi there,

Why are all the headings now in Russian? I hope we are not expected to learn the language now because I for one wouldn't stand a chance!

Cheers, Baslar

#16 navair2

navair2
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 17:05

Hi there,

Why are all the headings now in Russian? I hope we are not expected to learn the language now because I for one wouldn't stand a chance!

Cheers, Baslar

Not sure, but in the upper left corner of the page, select "ENG" and it will put a box around it.

I also don't blame you for feeling you wouldn't have a chance at learning Russian… I know some French and a little Spanish, but Russian with its alphabet and pronunciation escape me totally. :lol:

I wouldn't stand a chance either. :S!:

Case: Corsair 650D Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4 PSU: Antec TruePower New 750 Blue CPU: Intel i5-2500K ( Socket 1155 )

CPU Cooler: ZalMan CNPS9500A LED GPU: EVGA GTX 580 MEM: 8 GB G.Skill PC12800 DDR3 1600
Soundcard: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Monitor: Samsung 2343 BWX 23"@ 2048 x 1152 OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

#17 Stealth_Eagle

Stealth_Eagle

Posted 10 February 2013 - 17:34

I am unable to login. It says it can't reach master server and nothing related email/ password. My internet is working fine but I don't know why I can't login.

#18 thx1138

thx1138

Posted 10 February 2013 - 20:44

You know,all this concern of mine comes from the DEEP LOVE i got for this ultra-refined sim(the more you get addicted to something the more you're afraid of losing it…). Thanx again 4 havin' crafted the finest sim i ever gotten since the mid 90's.
Chhers,Alex.

norry, Jason already in another thread answered this.

YES, the game will get unlocked and you I we will be able to play it as long as we want. do a search and you will see Jason's response.

We will probably get a patch somewhere to unlock the game if and when 777 finally move on.

Oh… no problems logging with the game in so far here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users