- - - - -

Help with luascripts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NakedSquirrel

NakedSquirrel
  • Tester

Posted 24 September 2012 - 20:23

Is anyone else out there who is tinkering with the luascripts or is wanting to tinker with them?

I am running into a couple of road blocks, and I need some help.

1: I want to unlock the z axis of the CTF flag's influence area. I think I have to make a whole new object to do this, and I've been running into a road-block trying to finalize this

2: I'm trying to see if it's possible to link more than one (gun) to an AAA or AA object, though I'm kind of at a loss as how to do this without adding a second AI bot. The goal would be to have a dual gun (like a mg turret which are completely different object types) not 2 AI bots aiming (because an object with more than 1 bot takes up more than 1 AI's worth of CPU)

The idea behind linking more than 1 gun to an object would be to make an over sized "turret" object with off center guns (Think of running an invisible bar through the sides of an MG and attaching invisible guns through it). Tracers would have to be removed from the peripheral guns to avoid a psychedelic light show and to keep the illusion of multiple MG nests rather than a single object, but the over-all goal of this would be to make a 'shotgun' of mg turrets, flak guns, ect.

Now I'm not sure how much of a burden extra projectiles will put on a server/computer, but I have a feeling it would be far less than having an extra AI object.

#2 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 17 October 2012 - 18:36

Just bump in and hope some can help you!!!
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#3 NakedSquirrel

NakedSquirrel
  • Tester

Posted 22 October 2012 - 17:51

Thanks.

I'm a bit busy but I've had some progress with #1 using "attach to." I hope to have time later to finish this. It isn't optimal however, because I am unable to link anything to or change the flag's parameters (Speed, unblock/block, ect). I may try again next week if I have time, but it looks like a dead end.

I haven't had time to address the 2nd idea yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users