J14-Lukas von Frank skin my first skin
Posted 08 September 2012 - 16:32
Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:13
1. Please do not attach the .zip file directly to your first post as you have done above - the devs have asked us to upload these skin files to some free third party file site (I prefer MediaFire, but there are others as well) so we don't clog up their forum storage space (that they have to pay for) and can instead use their money to pay the team to keep developing cool new stuff for Rise of Flight.
2. Your download .zip file only contains the .dds skin file itself - you need to have all 3 required files (the .dds skin file, the 300x100 preview picture .jpg file, and the .txt file with the required info and localization sections - for the latter you should use the pre-translated template I provided in the second post in this thread: Clarified Naming Guidelines for "Fun" Skins - UPDATED ! )
3. Your .dds skin file is too small - that usually indicates a problem with the way you saved down your .dds file, typically related to your alpha channel.
Please check the instructions threads and the "How To" guides linked to in this thread for more info on the skin creation and submission process:
STICKY THREAD COMPILATION - Useful Skinning-related Info
I know it may seem complicated at first glance, but it's really not that bad and becomes pretty routine and easy after you've done a couple of skins.
One thing I'm just curious about - it's a nice, plausible-looking skin overall, but I couldn't see anything particularly personal about it - is there some sort of personal marking I missed when I was looking at the screenshot, or were you just going for a generic/default type look for this first one?
Posted 08 September 2012 - 18:27
Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away.
Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:05
1. Please do not attach the zip file to this forum - the devs has asked (in the posted instructions) that we instead upload the files somewhere else (e.g., MediaFire, a good and easy free file hosting site that I use a lot), and then just post a link to that file site location in your first post.
2. All 3 files in your zip file package must have the same file name (except for the 3-letter file extensions, of course).
3. Your .dds skin file is too small - this usually indicates a problem with saving the alpha channel improperly or otherwise having your .dds file save settings incorrect. Check the How To guides linked to in this thread for instructions on saving the .dds file properly: STICKY THREAD COMPILATION - Useful Skinning-related Info
4. Your .txt file does not follow the naming convention for fictional skins, - it would help speed my processing if you would use the pre-translated template I provided (see second post in this thread: Clarified Naming Guidelines for "Fun" Skins - UPDATED ! )
5. Your download file does not include the required 300x100 .jpg preview picture, taken from the correct angle and zoom level, per the devs' posted instructions (see below) - and you should not include the large .png and .jpg images in your .zip file (the only picture in there should be the 300x100 .jpg preview picture).
Please take care of these issues before your poll closes (or, if it's going to take you more time than that, please edit your first post to extend the poll by a few days to give yourself more time).
Also, please note in your first post when you have updated the download file.
If you have any questions about any of the submission requirements after you have reviewed all the relevant information linked to in this thread: STICKY THREAD COMPILATION - Useful Skinning-related Info , please feel free to PM me about them and I'll try to help. I know it probably seems complicated this first time around, but once you've done a couple of them you'll find it's really a pretty easy routine to get into.
Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:53
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users