Photo
- - - - -

J14-Lukas von Frank skin my first skin

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Heindl_Woiffe

Heindl_Woiffe

Posted 08 September 2012 - 16:32

hello this is my first skin.ALBATROS DIII.Pleas vote yes for my skin. :S!: Please dowmloaded the firrst zip download skin.

Attached Files

#2 DennyMala

DennyMala
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 September 2012 - 16:57

There is no poll to vote…

#3 Heindl_Woiffe

Heindl_Woiffe

Posted 08 September 2012 - 16:58

we can im vote

#4 Huber_Sepp

Huber_Sepp

Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:05

i vote yes

#5 Heindl_Woiffe

Heindl_Woiffe

Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:06

thank you

#6 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:13

I edited your first post to add the necessary poll, but I also noted a few things you'll need to fix with your download file:

1. Please do not attach the .zip file directly to your first post as you have done above - the devs have asked us to upload these skin files to some free third party file site (I prefer MediaFire, but there are others as well) so we don't clog up their forum storage space (that they have to pay for) and can instead use their money to pay the team to keep developing cool new stuff for Rise of Flight.

2. Your download .zip file only contains the .dds skin file itself - you need to have all 3 required files (the .dds skin file, the 300x100 preview picture .jpg file, and the .txt file with the required info and localization sections - for the latter you should use the pre-translated template I provided in the second post in this thread: Clarified Naming Guidelines for "Fun" Skins - UPDATED ! )

3. Your .dds skin file is too small - that usually indicates a problem with the way you saved down your .dds file, typically related to your alpha channel.

Please check the instructions threads and the "How To" guides linked to in this thread for more info on the skin creation and submission process:

STICKY THREAD COMPILATION - Useful Skinning-related Info

I know it may seem complicated at first glance, but it's really not that bad and becomes pretty routine and easy after you've done a couple of skins.

One thing I'm just curious about - it's a nice, plausible-looking skin overall, but I couldn't see anything particularly personal about it - is there some sort of personal marking I missed when I was looking at the screenshot, or were you just going for a generic/default type look for this first one?

Good luck!

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#7 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 08 September 2012 - 17:16

Who`s the autor of this skin?

#8 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 08 September 2012 - 18:27

I vote yes; because I agree with your skin's stand on the issues. :lol: :S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#9 Heindl_Woiffe

Heindl_Woiffe

Posted 08 September 2012 - 18:27

thx

#10 kaempfer

kaempfer

Posted 08 September 2012 - 19:46

i vote yes

#11 Heindl_Woiffe

Heindl_Woiffe

Posted 08 September 2012 - 19:47

thx

#12 Heindl_Woiffe

Heindl_Woiffe

Posted 08 September 2012 - 19:54

thank you all for voting

#13 HARRYq

HARRYq

Posted 08 September 2012 - 22:32

Yes ! Like it too ! :S!: ^^

#14 Heindl_Woiffe

Heindl_Woiffe

Posted 08 September 2012 - 22:36

thx

#15 kaempfer

kaempfer

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:56

Np Lukas ist is a good skin i like it. Cool :S!:

#16 Cloud.Bandit

Cloud.Bandit

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:44

Yeeessss….

#17 Heindl_Woiffe

Heindl_Woiffe

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:56

thx cloud bandit
its my skin ok???

#18 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:32

Voted yes :S!:

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#19 Heindl_Woiffe

Heindl_Woiffe

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:42

Thx Baron

#20 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:21

Your dds-file is too small
5,33MB

#21 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:05

Please note the following issues with your submission:

1. Please do not attach the zip file to this forum - the devs has asked (in the posted instructions) that we instead upload the files somewhere else (e.g., MediaFire, a good and easy free file hosting site that I use a lot), and then just post a link to that file site location in your first post.

2. All 3 files in your zip file package must have the same file name (except for the 3-letter file extensions, of course).

3. Your .dds skin file is too small - this usually indicates a problem with saving the alpha channel improperly or otherwise having your .dds file save settings incorrect. Check the How To guides linked to in this thread for instructions on saving the .dds file properly: STICKY THREAD COMPILATION - Useful Skinning-related Info

4. Your .txt file does not follow the naming convention for fictional skins, - it would help speed my processing if you would use the pre-translated template I provided (see second post in this thread: Clarified Naming Guidelines for "Fun" Skins - UPDATED ! )

5. Your download file does not include the required 300x100 .jpg preview picture, taken from the correct angle and zoom level, per the devs' posted instructions (see below) - and you should not include the large .png and .jpg images in your .zip file (the only picture in there should be the 300x100 .jpg preview picture).

Please take care of these issues before your poll closes (or, if it's going to take you more time than that, please edit your first post to extend the poll by a few days to give yourself more time).

Also, please note in your first post when you have updated the download file.

If you have any questions about any of the submission requirements after you have reviewed all the relevant information linked to in this thread: STICKY THREAD COMPILATION - Useful Skinning-related Info , please feel free to PM me about them and I'll try to help. I know it probably seems complicated this first time around, but once you've done a couple of them you'll find it's really a pretty easy routine to get into.

Thanks,

Panther

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#22 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:53

I noticed that there's been no action on getting this skin submission fixed, and this one has languished for a while. I’m gonna lock this one up for now – if you’re ready at some point to resurrect this one, just PM me and I’ll open it back up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users