Photo
- - - - -

Airfield objects - first 3d models

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#81 Avatar

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:29

…I hope one day we'll see some of these objects (and more) in the game as official update and then we can all use them.

I'd also love to see that happen!

ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133, Win 7 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 2 MFCDs, 32" Bravia & 2 19" Syncmaster monitors

#82 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:41

Very nice :) Keep it up

#83 AussiePilot

AussiePilot

Posted 03 November 2012 - 23:29

Thanks Vander, I get what your saying. I guess they are new files, unlike other mods that are changing exsisting files.

#84 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:42

Aussie, it's possible to make it so that clients download additional content, but it's a bit complicated and difficult to manage. It could easily lead to players not be able to download a newer version of the mission so I don't bother with it.
I hope one day we'll see some of these objects (and more) in the game as official update and then we can all use them.

In my opinion, you shouldn't stop with that. As Jason said earlier, the inclusion of such objects in official mode will not be done anytime soon. Some early testing with what is working now - no matter how the downloable content is transmitted - could help testing, correcting bugs, and accelerate the inclusion process. Well, at least that's my way of seeing things.

#85 LordNeuro_Srb

LordNeuro_Srb
  • LocationNovi Sad/Serbia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:54

I agree with J.j. u cann iven make same small unofficial beta tester teams and tray it. I think those feed beck could maybe iven speed up the proces of ur wonderfall object be in the next patch. If it is not much of a trobol there is no reson to not tray it. I know i would be delithet to contribute iven a small way by being the beta tester.
:S!: for gr8 work.

#86 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 04 November 2012 - 13:16

Don't worry, I haven't stopped! :)

#87 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 04 November 2012 - 13:41

Thank God! :D you did a great job

#88 ParachuteProne

ParachuteProne

Posted 10 November 2012 - 15:52

I don't seem to be able to find the objects in the editor.
Text file installed to lucascripts/world obj.
Should they be under blocks?

#89 VonGerlach

VonGerlach

Posted 17 December 2012 - 21:11

Fantastic work Vander very very nice indeed. thank you so much.

Director and Lead

3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin

"We Build Worlds"

#90 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 17 December 2012 - 21:45

Yes under blocks, "arfieldobj_1" I think. Scroll all the way down.

#91 ParachuteProne

ParachuteProne

Posted 17 December 2012 - 22:31

Strange. Its not there. Perhaps the file is corrupt.

#92 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:39

Well I checked the download and it seems okay. You need to have both files under /graphics/blocks and under /luascripts.

#93 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:11

Look more than great!
IDK if the personnel of the airfield used to dress like regular soldiers,but despite all,it makes the game different!

#94 ParachuteProne

ParachuteProne

Posted 14 January 2013 - 14:56

Well I checked the download and it seems okay. You need to have both files under /graphics/blocks and under /luascripts.

Sorry, Been away from the game for awhile.
I must have something wrong but no idea what.
The zip file installs 6 files to c:\rof\graphics\blocks
and 1 file to c:\rof\lucascripts\worldobjects

In the editor I scroll to the very bottom under blocks - last entry is ship_stat_tank
Checked the whole list under blocks.

Guess I'll just leave it for now, hopefully they will be included in game soon :)
Thanks for the help

#95 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:55

Any Progress here Vander? Is there any posibility of making animated soldiers? like the ones you see in the opening scenes of the training missions?

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#96 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 29 January 2013 - 13:08

Oh yes, lot's of progress. I hope to give you guys an update soon about what I have been making so far. But I'm on a business trip righ now, so might take two weeks….

#97 M.H

M.H

Posted 29 January 2013 - 14:55

Which file in the folder are 3D models of soldiers ? You can replace their weapons and put them in trenches and columns . :D

#98 sleipnir1981

sleipnir1981
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 January 2013 - 18:05

Two weeks… ;)

#99 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 29 January 2013 - 18:05

Done that. Except the columns. I don't see a solution for that. You could model a column of marching troops, but what if they get attacked? How to model that?

#100 Browning

Browning

Posted 29 January 2013 - 18:29

Perhaps the balloon winch down behaviour could be exploited some how…

#101 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 29 January 2013 - 18:34

BTW,RoF soldiers model is pretty good,with a great amount of details.I hope they are "light" to the game so a dozen or more of them don't overload it.
I guess new models can be done with the old models as template.It would be awesome to have french,brit,german and american infantry models.And different models for ground crew (different faces,I mean).

#102 Waxworks

Waxworks

Posted 29 January 2013 - 19:21

If a column took damage, you could have it stop and the soldiers assume dispersed stationary prone or crouching positions for some time? You might have to omit some animation in the transition, but then again this would be very quick. The game already removes corpses from the back seat of your machine, this solution doesn't seem any worse?

Perhaps unarmoured vehicles should also stop when attacked?

#103 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:35

Vander, would you consider putting together some youtube vids sometime in the future showing how all of this is done, including the programs required? It would be great if we could get some more people working on these sort of things..

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#104 M.H

M.H

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:21

Maybe we could have them run away on the diameters of a epplipse one or two stopping to try for a shot . They could be treated as points with running and shooting animation .

#105 BazzaLB

BazzaLB

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:59

Maybe we could have them run away on the diameters of a epplipse one or two stopping to try for a shot . They could be treated as points with running and shooting animation .

Have them explode like Lemmings :D

#106 M.H

M.H

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:10

Have them explode like Lemmings
I can,t wait for that little mod . :shock:

#107 Catfish

Catfish

Posted 17 February 2013 - 13:06

This is one of the few things that are still better in OFF - if you/we can make this possible in RoF, and officially - phantastic ! :S!:

#108 WWSittingduck

WWSittingduck

Posted 17 February 2013 - 13:40

Vander, I modified a mission and server files so as to use Difis's aimtargets in a MP mission, and it worked fine. Went to do the same with your Airfield objects, and noticed your airfieldobj_01.txt file in luascripts/worldobjects reads like this:

////// PhysicsBody properties
VisualImage=0,"graphics/Buildings/airfieldobj_01.MGM",true
CollisionBody="graphics/Blocks/airfieldobj_01.col"

shouldn't that .mgm file be in blocks, and not buildings? (you do not create a buildings folder)

Granted, it seems to work in a SP mission, just seems like something might be missing with it calling for that file in another folder.

And, when I try to use your opjects in a MP mission, the loading screen just sits at 99%.

Old Fokkers Squad

#109 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 17 February 2013 - 15:27

Vander, I modified a mission and server files so as to use Difis's aimtargets in a MP mission, and it worked fine. Went to do the same with your Airfield objects, and noticed your airfieldobj_01.txt file in luascripts/worldobjects reads like this:

////// PhysicsBody properties
VisualImage=0,"graphics/Buildings/airfieldobj_01.MGM",true
CollisionBody="graphics/Blocks/airfieldobj_01.col"

shouldn't that .mgm file be in blocks, and not buildings? (you do not create a buildings folder)

Granted, it seems to work in a SP mission, just seems like something might be missing with it calling for that file in another folder.

And, when I try to use your opjects in a MP mission, the loading screen just sits at 99%.

Yup, must be a typo. It's a block, not a building.

#110 VonGerlach

VonGerlach

Posted 13 May 2013 - 22:33

Any thing new Vander? looking forward to seeing these finally work got too much and i had to put ROF away for some months, just getting back now. :)

Director and Lead

3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin

"We Build Worlds"

#111 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:44

Anything new?

Check this!!!

ROFMODS website is now open!

All objects created so far have been released on the mods downlad site. A sample mission is included with each package.

#112 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 17 May 2013 - 15:35

S! All

I download The JSGME program, Downloaded and installed the 4 versions of objects. Took all of 10 minutes to download, and install.

Now lets see, If I fly mods on, it is ok. If I fly Mods off it is ok.

This is a win win! Install, Activate and no worries.

Great !!!!

Now as to mission building.

Added some planes, crates, shells, and ground crew. Saw everything but the groundcrew. Thaught things were messed up on the install. Spent an hour trying to figure what went wrong. Should have known nothing was wrong. Went back to mission and made ground crew a linked entity et voila! There they were.

Anyway to get ground crew as an object that shows up like the crates or planes, without being a linked entity?

ty

sig9.png

#113 Klugermann

Klugermann

Posted 18 June 2013 - 23:06

Thank you Syn_Vander for these very cool Objects.
How can I add them to an airfield? I know it has to be done manually, but is there a tutorial somewhere to walk me through doing this?

#114 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:53

SYN_Vander - It is possible to modify the rate of fire and rotation speed of all weapons. As a result we can create any weapon that we already have a projectile for in the sim.

So, it is technically possible to create infantry (or an invisible object) that can shoot a bolt-action rifle - without needing the help of 777 Studios.

What do you think about this? Is it time to arm you soldiers?

#115 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:48

Hi Avimimus,

Yes, this is possible. In fact, I already did so; the soldiers in the rofmod package will fire with a rate of fire of 1 bullet per 2 seconds or so, with a reload time after 5 (?) rounds. Only the middle soldier will shoot ( the one with the raised rifle).
Unfortunately, you can't change/add sounds to game objects so I had to re-use the machinegun sound so you'll always hear multiple gun shots.

#116 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:11

It shows I need to learn how to use the mission editor :)

Any plans to create a version of the Cruiser or Submarine which will fire small arms at the player?

:S!:

#117 M.H

M.H

Posted 06 July 2013 - 17:03

Can mission editor be used to create whole maps ?

#118 steppenwolf_

steppenwolf_

Posted 06 July 2013 - 20:06

+1 to an invisible object that simulates rifle fire.

#119 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:26

…Any plans to create a version of the Cruiser or Submarine which will fire small arms at the player? :S!:
I can see the cruiser having several AAMG's, but the first line of defense for any submarine is to submerge as quickly as possible. Nobody would want to stay on deck or in the conning tower of a sub just to take a few rushed shots, then struggle to get the MG and themselves back inside before the hatch is awash. Just IMHO…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users