Got the Idea of this skin from MvR's Skin

Pictures In-Game:

PICTURES SOON

Download:
Click Here (Reamde)

#2 FREDFREDBURGER

FREDFREDBURGER

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:33

MvR flew a few different triplanes and they were painted differently. The triplane skin I think you are refering to ingame is the skin in which he scored his last 2 victories. There are some skins that look like the one you showed already ingame. They are in the skinpacks, and I forget which ones, but go to the useful materials tab under community. That is where you can download them. As for .dds files, download "WinRAR". It will help you. Once you have it, download the packs and extract them with WinRAR, to the appropriate skin folders. Hope this helps. :S!:

#3 AndyJWest

AndyJWest

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:35

What? You want it to look like a shiny gloss-painted replica? Or you want it to look like a grainy black-and-white photo of another colour scheme entirely? Which one?

No Clue…

…need Help…

Ok, here's a clue. Do some research. Tell us what is wrong with the existing scheme. Provide evidence. :roll:

#4 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:44

If you're not complaining about the one in game, then why do we need another one? That, and I agree with Andy about using modern replicas as your source.

Voted no.

#5 PropellerFactory

PropellerFactory

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:59

I will post pictures with both skins and explain the difference

#6 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:06

I agree with Luke and some others. I don't want to discourage you from trying your hand at skinning and even taking on something as iconic as MvR's triplane, BUT if you want to propose a replacement for one of the in-game skins, I think you need to go at it in a more rigorous and organized fashion. For example, you should post one or more screenshot(s) of the specific in-game MvR skin you want to replace (as noted above, there are several different MvR triplane skins already in game so we'd need to know which one you're talking about replacing), and indicating which specific features or elements of the existing skin that you believe are wrong or could use improvement. Then post one or more screenshot(s) of your proposed replacement skin, showing how it is different and better (and backed up with citations to appropriate photos of the original aircraft or other relevant historical reference materials so people can review the materials if they wish and form their own opinions about which version (yours or the one already in game) they believe would be best).

Since it looks like it's going to be a while before you can get access to a computer that you need to generate some of this stuff, and since you do not have a submission-ready package available yet, I'm going to move this thread to the main skin discussion forum section. The poll subforums like the one that you posted in are just for actual submission polls. It's no big deal - you can always start a new poll thread in that subforum when your submission package is actually ready, and in the meantime you can use this one to float your ideas and get some initial reaction from the community that might help you improve your ultimate submission.

Good luck!

PS - I also modified your poll questions a bit to better reflect the general information-gathering stage this is in now - you can/should of course change back to the original formulation of the questions when you post your actual submission poll thread when you're ready.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#7 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:52

Voted NO

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#8 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:14

No, but I`m alright to do the other skins and set them into the category "replica" but the picture two, perhaps as an alternate skin for Manni.

Callahan

#9 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:57

If you want I can try to do those skins :P

#10 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:17

I hate to vote NO but I did, we already have one ingame and we don't need a second one.

8-)

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#11 oneeyeddog

oneeyeddog

Posted 10 August 2012 - 13:40

This appears to be the first attempts at this by some young guy with a less than state of the art computer.There's no need to be mean or discouraging, is there?

#12 Murilo_Specht

Murilo_Specht

Posted 10 August 2012 - 13:41

It's kind of rude to steal someone's thread like that…

#13 oneeyeddog

oneeyeddog

Posted 10 August 2012 - 13:49

You're right.

#14 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 10 August 2012 - 14:12

Hey Callahan - I'm sure you were just trying to be helpful but posting your alternate versions in this thread was just getting people confused and hijacking the OP's thread inappropriately, so I've removed all those confusing posts and tried to let the OP get this one back on track.

If you want to put your alternate versions up for discussion as well, please do so in a separate thread.

Thanks,

Panther

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#15 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 10 August 2012 - 14:55

Hey Callahan - I'm sure you were just trying to be helpful but posting your alternate versions in this thread was just getting people confused and hijacking the OP's thread inappropriately, so I've removed all those confusing posts and tried to let the OP get this one back on track.

If you want to put your alternate versions up for discussion as well, please do so in a separate thread.

Thanks,

Panther
Okay, sorry for that, I didn`t knew that, I`m sorry again to all! :oops:

Regards,
Callahan

#16 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 10 August 2012 - 14:57

Since the OP does not have access to his good PC, he asked me to post some screenshots of his skin as well as some of the other MvR skins already in the game, to assist in the discussion of his skin in this thread, so here they are:

Existing MvR triplanes already in game (there may be a couple more early versions, with little or no red on them, but you get the idea) - you can click to enlarge these shots:

And here are some shots of the OP's proposed skin:

A.

B.

C.

D.

Now - please try to be helpful with your comments - the OP appears to be new at this.

#17 PropellerFactory

PropellerFactory

Posted 10 August 2012 - 15:11

Ohhhhh Thank You Panther
Now without Explaining, Diffrence is Explained By it self….
Attached File  RoF-MvRAF-MOS1.jpg   101.51KB   257 downloads
Attached File  RoF-MvRver1.jpg   118.11KB   257 downloads
Please Think Again about Voteing
Thanks

#18 WF2

WF2

Posted 10 August 2012 - 15:20

I still have to vote NO. The ones in RoF are of very high quality in comparison.

Please do not make these skins the way they are be Historical, for personal use … okay.

#19 N28_Uberplane

N28_Uberplane

Posted 10 August 2012 - 15:25

Hey Air Force,

Your skin is labelled Dr.1 512/17, but it is indeed a fictional version of that aircraft. 512/17 never had a white nose, and I agree with Womenfly that the in game skins are of much higher quality. This is not an insult to your skin making, but I merely wish that you use this skin for personal use, and not submit it into one of the historical skin packs.

=IRFC=

#20 PropellerFactory

PropellerFactory

Posted 10 August 2012 - 15:30

MOS"]Ohhhhh Thank You Panther
Now without Explaining, Diffrence is Explained By it self….

Please Think Again about Voteing
Thanks
oh ok then…Its your Choice
Hey Air Force,

Your skin is labelled Dr.1 512/17, but it is indeed a fictional version of that aircraft. 512/17 never had a white nose, and I agree with Womenfly that the in game skins are of much higher quality. This is not an insult to your skin making, but I merely wish that you use this skin for personal use, and not submit it into one of the historical skin packs.

ok then but I dont understand what do u mean with "the in game skins are of much higher quality"
Actually I see no difference in Quality between them….

#21 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 10 August 2012 - 15:39

It would help him improve if the comments could be more specific - "others are higher quality", while perhaps true, doesn't really help him figure out what to do to improve his skin.

For example, I did notice that the proposed skin appears to have a messed up alpha channel, as it looks too dull/flat and has no reflective characteristics. This is usually caused by not correctly saving down the file as a .dds - if you check the How To guides linked to in this thread: STICKY THREAD COMPILATION - Useful Skinning-related Info , you will find some guidance on how to fix or avoid these alpha channel problems.

Also, the red appears to be a bit pink-ish - that may be in part due to the alpha channel problem, but it may just not be red enough.

Also, the white nose/cowling seems to be too bright - it could probably use some toning down (as you may have noted, the game brightens things up quite a bit so you really need to make things look darker in your image program than you would normally think, so that it will look right in the game). You can use the viewer program to get a decent idea of how things will look in game as you're working on your skin - it's quicker than having to start the game up every time, though eventually of course you will need to test it in game once you get it basically done, to make sure.

#22 N28_Uberplane

N28_Uberplane

Posted 10 August 2012 - 17:14

Let me put this a bit more simply, no MvR triplane looked like the one you have made, therefore it is a fictional skin.

Edit: I'll elaborate a bit later.

=IRFC=

#23 WF2

WF2

Posted 10 August 2012 - 18:47

He should look at and study the skins in RoF by other talented skinners. Try to match what they did. To say the Red is to pink, or the weathering is to black, etc. does not convey what the writer/view is really trying to express or what they see needs to be improved. Its all subjective when it comes to color and ideas. Artistic talent does not come overnight and takes years and a good eye for art. No one can stand over ones shoulder and tell them how to paint a picture, not even Picasso.

This skin should be voted as a "Personal skin Poll." Then I would vote, yes.

"some people have talent, some will never."

#24 PropellerFactory

PropellerFactory

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:03

Actually I thought that my skin was MvR's original skin, and the one in-game was a replica…So sorry for misunderstanding….
Changing topic's name to [AirForce]MOS's Personal Fokker Dr1 Skin
Fixing the nose's Color
Fixing The Pinky color….

#25 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:20

OK - I've revised the poll in the first post to reflect the change to the title made by the OP, and moved it to the proper poll subforum.

#26 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:55

Voted no, cause this is just a copy of MvR`s plane without any personal markings or something else, who looks different. only the colour seems a little bit lighter than the original game-file.. sorry mate, but try it again.. think theres some members here, the would help you, if you have some questions..

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#27 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:27

Poll concluded; thread locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users