Photo
- - - - -

Ambient AAA remover

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Browning

Browning

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:03

Did you have the real absinthe, or just the cheap export stuff? You can't get the real thing in N. America, legally, or so I've heard. Correct me if wrong. Wanna send me a bottle?

The US ban was lifted in 2007, although you can't call it "absinthe" and the thujone levels are restricted.

#42 Tex2002

Tex2002
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:46

Hey guys-

am late to the party as usual - will this mod work ok with 1028?

*edit* It does! & thanks to Matt, this increases immersion mate - thankyou!

:S!:

#43 Doconicus

Doconicus

Posted 21 January 2013 - 14:11

I don't mind the 'ambient' flak. I believe that it's supposed to be air explosive rounds to hit the enemy infantry. I think it should stay but be a LOT LOWER, around tree top level.

Air explosive rounds were a huge cause of casualties in the Great War, that, and the ground pounding explosives were horrific for the chaps in the trenches.

On another thread, I had mentioned that it would be prudent to make it very dangerous to fly low over the trenches as it was in the real war. I think that a sim should indeed simulate.

…So, can you make a mod with the ambient flak at a low altitude?

#44 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:54

This is great! Just seen it, many thanks :)

#45 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 27 February 2013 - 23:09

Just flown in my career with this great mod… at last I can now emulate some of the stories I read about.
The flak is now only fired at my flight, or other friendly planes, or any enemy aeroplanes that are approaching my lines!
This has made such an improvement… flak is only active when there are planes in the sky.. not filling the whole front area.. again, many thanks :)

#46 BuddyWoof

BuddyWoof

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:24

Would be great if 777 allows mods off for this.

#47 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 05 March 2013 - 17:15

Would be great if 777 allows mods off for this.

+1 :idea:

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#48 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 05 March 2013 - 19:12

S!

It would be very nice in Mods off.

For Multiplay, would this become a server config file line?

Flak = 0 ______________ //1 Ambient flak over the front, 0 no ambient flak

sig9.png

#49 Fabioccio

Fabioccio

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:39

I also think this should be a graphic switch option on the client in mods off.
The most useful mod I ever tried!
Thanks Matt
:S!:

#50 gareth2

gareth2

Posted 12 March 2013 - 20:17

Is the folder "world objects" to be placed in LUA scripts folder, as there isn't one there?
With mods on, how do you use it in game version 1.029b?

#51 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 12 March 2013 - 20:28

Use the JSGME mod utility.. you can load/unload mods much easier. It will load all the files into the correct place in the game, and take them out again if you want to play mods off.. saves all the hassle :)

#52 Soilworker

Soilworker

Posted 12 March 2013 - 21:48

What I would love to see is the enemy AA stopping when enemy aircraft are near (and vice-versa).

#53 BigDuke66

BigDuke66

Posted 20 April 2013 - 21:49

How can I identify the ambient AAA at all?
I mean sometimes there is really AAA close to the front and could also be doing some of the "clouds".

#54 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 April 2013 - 21:54

the only real AAA is the AAA that is exploding near you. The rest is all ambient. (also of course if you see high clumps of it together its shooting at another player too), but if you see random flak blasts, its ambient.

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#55 BuddyWoof

BuddyWoof

Posted 17 August 2013 - 17:08

I don't think that's true. Ambient AAA is just random and doesn't have a source/target. Non-ambient AAA can be exploding far away from you as long as there is a source/target.

#56 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 21 August 2013 - 16:38

A bit OT, but is there a a way to remove ambient artillery explosions along the front? Artillery spotting can be a bear when it is close to the front and you don't know whether the explosions are ambient or really from your battery.

#57 MattM

MattM

Posted 25 August 2013 - 18:28

Not off-topic at all and the answer to your question is in the OP. :)

#58 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 25 August 2013 - 18:57

Is it that hard for 777 to add it to mods off? The other day I naively chased three airplanes that were being fired upon in our side of the front (or I believed), but they were ours. It was not only frustrating, but it killed the atmosphere.
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#59 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 25 August 2013 - 20:53

Is it that hard for 777 to add it to mods off? The other day I naively chased three airplanes that were being fired upon in our side of the front (or I believed), but they were ours. It was not only frustrating, but it killed the atmosphere.

+1 to that, SeaW0lf! 777 should just take it out of the game entirely, or at least make it an option to mods-off servers.

#60 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 25 August 2013 - 21:35

RTFM. What a concept :).

Thanks.

#61 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 25 August 2013 - 21:47

+1 to that, SeaW0lf! 777 should just take it out of the game entirely, or at least make it an option to mods-off servers.

Yeah! And since people say that the game has the "real AAA", which fires at enemies, I can't imagine why they created the fake one. Then it nullifies the real one and turns everything into "fake flak".

#62 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 25 August 2013 - 22:54

Yeah! And since people say that the game has the "real AAA", which fires at enemies, I can't imagine why they created the fake one. Then it nullifies the real one and turns everything into "fake flak".

It was an attempt, and not a bad one, at creating atmosphere. I just don't think that they realized the ramifications of such atmosphere.

#63 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 26 August 2013 - 00:00

It was an attempt, and not a bad one, at creating atmosphere. I just don't think that they realized the ramifications of such atmosphere.

I understand, I kind of griped a bit. :S!:

#64 MattM

MattM

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:48

RTFM. What a concept :).

Thanks.
No problem. :)

I deliberately only wrote how to get rid of the ground explosions instead of uploading such a mod aswell, because i was very afraid that people would download that mod without thinking and would then complain about the ground explosions being gone aswell, even though they wanted to make the ambient flak disappear only. :D

BTW, i can understand why they added this ambient flak in the first place. Nothing wrong with that. However, i would've preferred to have the option to not see it. Especially when it's such an easy fix. I was actually hoping that they would use this mod (which just delets some lines a text file basically) and turn it into a setting in RoF. Unfortunately, they haven't done so yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users