Photo
- - - - -

Official Bug List

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 JohnBanks

JohnBanks

Posted 09 November 2009 - 20:07

Since 1.008 i am getting the out of memory error message. As of now only while flying online. Just got it twice tonight. Never had that before! Game loads just fine and i can also fly without stutters, but all of a sudden the game freezes and i go back to windows using the win key and i see the message.
Maybe that's due to some people using custom skins?

#42 AgentX20

AgentX20

Posted 11 November 2009 - 19:53

Getting bad stutters after 1.008 patch.Gamr runs fine for most of the time.about every 3rd rotation when i get into a fight it seams to run at about 2 FPS.Eventualy goes normal again.This is not an overheating problem.ONLY STARTED WITH THE NEW PATCH!!!

Similar experiences here. (Although can't say for sure this only started with latest patch)

E8500 C2D, ATI4890 1G, 4GB RAM, TIR3 Disabled, MS Precision Pro, Vista 64bit fully updated.

#43 Flowbee_602

Flowbee_602

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:40

In campaign missions the game goes into slide show mode(4fps) every time enemy planes appear. After a few minutes or when enemy shot down by rest of squad things go back to normal.

If I survive mission and land, hit ESC and then select Finish, the game is terminated and I get option to send error report to MS. I'm running XP SP3. Can only finish missions if I crash or die.

——————-

Have tried running without fraps and in full screen mode. Flew mission out of formation ie flew on ahead. Only slight slow down when 5 enemy appeared. At end waited until everybody was down then clicked finish without problem. Not sure if this is was a cure as it was a different mission. Using same problem mission above the symptoms were repeatable 3 times over.

#44 =MFC=Gunloon

=MFC=Gunloon

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:51

Looking through this thread I haven't seen other than an oblique reference to a most annoying bug:

In both SP and MP, if one plane hits another, it usually takes no damage, gets a point for a kill, and flies off while the other plane flutters in pieces earthward…often with a dead or wounded pilot aboard.

I've heard this is a known issue, but I did some searching and looked through all five pages here without seeing it specifically mentioned.

I swear, the AI knows this is possible and has been deliberately ramming me in SP! :shock:

It's pretty annoying in MP as well, I don't know what the criteria is that ROF uses to determine who is the rammer and who is the ram-ee, but to my mind, a catastrophic midair should result in both planes damaged or destroyed, no points awarded, and injury or death to BOTH pilots.

[MF] Gunloon

#45 Emmer

Emmer

Posted 17 November 2009 - 20:35

When flying online for say about 5 to 10 minutes i get the message: game server connection lost.
Now , i am behind a router which has wired and wireless connection functions.
For me , i am using the wired connection.
I found out if i dsiable the wireless function i don't get that message anymore and can fly as long as the mission lasts.
I thought i share this "solution".

Maybe if somebody else has similar issues he (or she) can try this (at home ;) ) and let me know if this "solution" works for them as well……. 8-)

Then this problem is solved as far as i know.

#46 Jon18

Jon18

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:48

Keypad commands don't work…especially the throttle (+ & -).

#47 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 02 December 2009 - 14:18

this is what I have and was posted by another forum member…..texture issues (textures popping up)…

It seems like it could be something with lighting or texture pop in. When the clouds suddenly change texture. The far away clouds don't do it till I get close. I'll have a few clouds in the sky and there will be one medium sized cloud doing this brightness change (popping up).
I'm having a simular issue with trees. The trees, change a from a lighter shade of green to a darker shade of green. They still retain all their leave textures in both shades of green and that makes me think its a shader or texture pop in issue. Say ,, if I fly around a group of trees, they will eventually all fill in with the darker green and stay that way.

#48 Centaurorome

Centaurorome

Posted 02 December 2009 - 21:16

Crash always out in a multiplayer server, after the mission is started. Sometimes after 10 sec. if im lucky 40 sec.

I have windows 7 64bit

#49 [Fr]Vylsain

[Fr]Vylsain

Posted 06 December 2009 - 20:06

Not really a bug but at each flight, the record settings are back to default. We have to modify it at each flight.

#50 Winkle

Winkle

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:20

When spectating in a multiplayer game. F11 and moving around No Mans Land. Artillery is being fired at me. Even though I'm not in a plnae. Or maybe its being fired all the time and we don't realize it until we get to the mud. Could be extra server load that doesn't need to be there.

#51 mochuelorojo

mochuelorojo

Posted 07 December 2009 - 14:17

With new update 1.009 when I load any mission with new winter terrain the grass disappears.

What I have to do is exit the game and load a mission with all settings at minimum, exit once again, and finally enter the game with all settings at maximum one more time, then the grass reappears.

BUT, if I'm playing missions with NO winter terrain texture there's no problem, but once I've loaded again a mission with winter terrain texture, the grass disappears, and I have to do all this again…

It's since this last update.(Obviously I have activated grass option)

#52 Tobus

Tobus

Posted 07 December 2009 - 14:35

Since the 1.009 patch, RoF either freezes (graphics "stop") or crashes (screen turns black).
Sound continues and reacts to inputs (throttle idle –> full), so game continues to run in the background. Only way is ctrl-alt-del and closing RoF via taskmanager. This happens in flight in about 10-20 minutes after mission start.

This is new for me, I have never experienced problems in earlier patchversions.

#53 Porco_Rosso

Porco_Rosso

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:27

Following the 1.009 patch, in the Morning Hunt mission, as the plane reaches the border of "no-man's land", the game freezes up and ROF exe crashes.

As others have noted in previous posts - this kind of problem has not occured with earlier patches.

Running the 1.009 patch on my pc, the memory usage is lower than previous patches. Its running between 60-80% depending on my settings.

Great game, I hope its possible to discover what is causing this soon and resolve it. ROF is definitely going in the right direction! Keep up the good work!
Porco Rosso
Squadron One.

#54 =MR.FOX=

=MR.FOX=

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:36

For me its textures.

plane textures and ground textures Flicker randomly.

- on the plane it will flicker to default skin and back to the one you chose.

- ground texture just flickers then settles.

#55 famich

famich

Posted 10 December 2009 - 17:58

CTD s on stock missions with the Fokker dr I or Camel , simply CTD all of sudden, especially when wieving friendly and enemy crafts /SH +F2 CTRL +F2/ .

No SLI support FPS same with SLI or with just one card enabled- again, why ? after so many "updates "….?

#56 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 10 December 2009 - 18:14

Pfalz D.IIIa 500 round loadout gives you no bullets. Feeds are empty and all. 1000 round loadout is still good.

#57 Kwiatek

Kwiatek

Posted 10 December 2009 - 22:54

For me its textures.

plane textures and ground textures Flicker randomly.

- on the plane it will flicker to default skin and back to the one you chose.

- ground texture just flickers then settles.

I confirm these.

Also more :

- more shimmering with 1.009 at the same all settings( game and system)

- there are lags in many servers where with 1.008 there weren't

- no possible to change curves profiles without saving it all time

- frequently problems with working some function in game e.x zoom in and zoom out - when problem occurs is needed to restart game then it work again

- problems with map some keys in game menu input - like keys for zoom in and zoom out ( these functions casue twice the same button) - so there is needed to set these keys in out game settings

- still there are stutters when enemy planes coming into visual

- RAM memory usage is very low in game < 1 GB Ramm ( at medium graphic settings)

- using of procesor is constantly 100% for both cores ( Dual Core) even in game menu

Attached Files

#58 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:56

After adding in an additional keypress to activate the in-game recorder into my various .map files using RoF updater\settings\input, all of my custom .map files became corrupt.

I was unable to swap between them using RMB widget menu\spanner method. "Unable to load - Input map is the wrong format" (or words to that effect) was the error.

Only one of my customised .map files survived, as I had neglected to add the extra keypress command via the updater\settings\input method.

All the affected .map files had initially been created with the in-game widget\spanner method but subsequently edited by the updater\settings\input method.

#59 ishbu

ishbu

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:42

Sound totally porked after 1.009 patch.Every thing is fine with small number of aircraft. But when action heats up with more action and more aircraft I get severe sound stuttering and chattering making game unplayable. Also some video stuttering. Never had this problem till this recent patch. Running vista premium 64 bit on a hp 9750 Quad with 8 megs of ram. Hopefully there's a fix for this.

#60 SlickWilhelm

SlickWilhelm

Posted 16 December 2009 - 20:39

"Unable to load - Input map is the wrong format" (or words to that effect) was the error.

I received this error last night, too.

The previous evening, I had set up my CH HOTAS and TrackIR4 settings and saved the mappings to the default "input" profile.

Last night, upon loading the "Free Flight" option, I discovered once in the game that none of my control mappings were enabled.

I exited to the main menu, still inside the game, where I tried to load the input profile. This is when I received the error quoted above regarding the input map being in the wrong format.

I exited the game completely and restarted it. At the game menu, I selected "settings" and discovered that the input profile was back in it's default state.

I had to reconfigure all of my mappings again, saving it under the "input" profile once again. This solved the problem and I was able to continue without further ado.

Hopefully I won't have to do the same thing everytime I start up RoF.

#61 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 16 December 2009 - 20:43

Pretty sure this bug arrived with the ability to edit the curves, provided you don't use the launcher\settings\input route to change things in a curve-edited map, the .map files do not get corrupted.

#62 MattM

MattM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 17:28

If flying the Dolphin and your head is above the rollbar (which is the proper flying position), there is almost no windsound at all, even though, there is no windshield.

When behind the windshield (and machinegun sight), the wind is actually a bit louder.

#63 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:23

Didn't see these mentioned in this thread with respect to the 1.009 patch (though I thought I'd seen some of it posted somewhere else):

1. Flight leader in DR1 career mode missions flies too slowly since 1.009 (wasn't happening with my DR1 careers in 1.008) - not sure how he keeps from stalling, but all the other flight members have to keep weaving (and often collide with each other) trying to stay in formation behind the leader. If a different AI plane inherits the leadership of the flight (e.g., if the leader gets shot down), he starts flying too slow and the problems repeat.

2. There are still a number of fairly large black dots/circles/spots in some of the clouds, visible from quite a distance - very immersion-killing. Some (but not all) clouds still exhibit an odd "popping up"/stuttering movement effect as you fly close to them.

3. During rain/fog weather missions over the front lines, there are very visible straight lines/edges within the smoke/fog over the trenches and NML craters - everything looks great (nice, smooth fog effects) over normal terrain, but not over the front lines. Not sure if anything can be done with the textures in that area or something, but these lines really detract from the otherwise awesome atmospherics of the rain/fog missions.

4. The out-of-game "settings" input mechanism seems to be having problems with the squadron leader command key binds - nothing I've been able to do has succeeded in getting the game to accept a two-key combination (such as Ctrl + 4) for these commands - if you clear one of them, it won't even accept the original default 2-key combo that it had before you cleared it. Not sure if it's a bug, or if there's some special trick to entering 2-key combos that I've forgotten, but I don't remember having any problem with this functionality after any previous patch.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#64 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 22 December 2009 - 20:43

Every time i receive the Iron Cross first class
(which is actually a EK II without ribbon :!: ),my Iron Cross 2nd class disappears!
So please fix the wrong EKI and give me my EKII back,Neoqb!

Still the pilot gestures do not work when flying as flight leader..!!

#65 -=Demon=-

-=Demon=-

Posted 23 December 2009 - 15:02

Hi all,

I experienced problems joining and creating servers in MP. What happens is that I create a server, start the game, it loads, takes around 30 secs and I am back in the main menue without prompting any error. Same when a friend of mine opens a server. I join it and after 10 secs or sometimes after 40 secs I am back in the main menue. That happened the last time I played the game. Connecting to other servers was no problem.

cheers,

Demon

#66 AI-Neoqb

AI-Neoqb

Posted 23 December 2009 - 15:06

Hi all,

I experienced problems joining and creating servers in MP. What happens is that I create a server, start the game, it loads, takes around 30 secs and I am back in the main menue without prompting any error. Same when a friend of mine opens a server. I join it and after 10 secs or sometimes after 40 secs I am back in the main menue. That happened the last time I played the game. Connecting to other servers was no problem.

cheers,

Demon

Search a solution here http://riseofflight....forum.php?f=131">viewforum.php?f=131 please…

#67 Zent

Zent

Posted 27 December 2009 - 14:28

I am on patch 1.010 .
i have these bugs:
1. Every once in a while: rof.exe is not working anymore ( i experience that in Career mode, havent tried multiplayer yet)… i have to close with taskmanager then…this is very bad, seems to indicate a general instability of the core exe file….or ROF isnt really Win7/64 compatible..

2. Weird performance bug with antialiasing enabled. When i enable antialiasing in the ROF setup, with AA x2 i get a kind of constant 30 fps in game (measured with Fraps), with AA x4 i get about 25 to 28 fps… this is in resolution 1440x 900. In all other resolutions i get similar results which are 2-4 fps higher or lower when i go into lower resolutions a few more fps, when i go into higher res a few less.
Now what is surprising, as soon as i deactivate AA in game setup my fps go usually higher then 60 even in 1920x1200 all maxed out. IN 1440x900 more then 80-90..
I have an ATI 5970 (dual gpu, 1 gbyte each gpu) and when i enter Catalyst and activate AA there it has no effect on the game, if AA is disabled in gamesetup no AA is working at all in game. I cant force AA through the driver. I am running with all features selected on high except distant forests..

my system: Windows 7/64 bit, Asus EAH 5970, , I Core7 960, all systems latest drivers, 12 Gig Ram, Creative X-Fi soundcard.

and by the way, its not a bug but really is a sign of sloppiness from the developers:
a lot of texts in german have stupid spelling mistakes: in the mission option menu for example they spell a few times "automatisch" and then two time "atomatisch" (missing the U) or in the beginning of a fly now mission it says "Tart" instead of "Start" and so forth…. if neoqb can not even get those simple things right i wonder how much more bugs they have in the code…

apart of that it seems a very nice simulation with a lot of potential. I like the flightmodelling, the graphics and so on a lot.
But i am quite disappointed about the singleplayer… i remember an interview i read a long time ago in which ROF was announced and the idea of a really immersive single player was promoted… well.. i cant find that…

Zent

Attached Files

• Attached File  25.jpg   195.47KB   2 downloads

#68 [ER]Fischer

[ER]Fischer

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:58

I notice, that the bullet-shells don't fall out of 2 planes. Pfalz D.IIIa and Pfalz D.XII. Please fix that.

Another problem is the support for crossfire-systems. I have 4 HD 5870, but only 30 fps by a solution of 1920x1200 and max settings.
When I disable CrossfireX in the Catalyst-center, I have 80fps with the same settings. But only one card works. Please implement Crossfire-Support!!!

#69 Eldur

Eldur

Posted 03 January 2010 - 19:21

Another problem is the support for crossfire-systems. I have 4 HD 5870, but only 30 fps by a solution of 1920x1200 and max settings.
When I disable CrossfireX in the Catalyst-center, I have 80fps with the same settings. But only one card works. Please implement Crossfire-Support!!!

Der Fischi hat nen Zock-Reaktor Image

80fps is OK, but still you have the problem that you need to disable Crossfire just for RoF. That should be fixed.

I haven't seen anyone post the TrackIR + FFB issue yet, it's still there. Using a ForceFeedback stick causes excessive TrackIR motion stuttering. Rendering fps are fine, but the "camera motion" feels like 1-5fps max. And I don't want to switch off FFB, because it's not a fix.

#70 71st_AH_Mastiff

71st_AH_Mastiff

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:15

problem with mouse cursor on screen

:ugeek:

Attached Files

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back " 
Asus-z370 MH WiFi||i7x8700k.4.2GHz/H100iv2||DDR4-32GB-3300||GTX 1080-8gb|| AX1200 Corsair||Turtle Beach TAC||Win7x64pro||TrackIr 4 Pro/ir||Gladiator mki pro||MFG||X55||G15 Kybd/Mouse||32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc

#71 PikAs53

PikAs53

Posted 15 January 2010 - 14:47

Using the current patch 1.010 I have serious problems:
System: 3GHz QuadCore, P45 Mainboard, 4GB Ram, ATI4870 512MB (5870 are not available at the moment or only at fantastic prizes, but I will get one soon)Sound X-FI,
Input via G15 keyboard, TrackIR4 and TrackClip with TIR5 Software, and either complete CH-Gear or G940 Logitech Gear. Both CH and G940 were used and had the same problems.
Solution is 1920x1200, AA and AF x 2. Memory usage is at 72%
System is WinXP SP3, as clean as possible (I use two HDD with WinXP installs one for work one for play, turning them on or off in the bios, no dualboot)
Problems:
1.) sudden and unpredictable drop of framerate to a slide show with 1 picture every 20 to 30 seconds, while the game runs in the background without problems (so it seems as the sound goes on playing normally). Keyboard and mouse input during this phase is also veeeery slow reacting. Droping to mainscreen everything is normal again, sometimes it says "Connection to Master Server lost". This could happen with one or 20 planes in the air and in single play. I didn't go online yet because I don't want to bother other players with idiotic flying.
2.) TIR in game sometimes smooth sometimes jumping, like in a lag.
3.) Input: sometimes the game bring the Joystick axis in disorder. Joystick is sometimes Joy0 sometimes Joy2 but only one axis is wrong the other it recognises correct. A problem I never ever had before except here. This happens with both gears CH and G940.
4.) With mods on and after playing a mission when pressing Spiel verlassen, (quit game) the game freezes absolutly. Nothing helps except pressing F13 (reset) and reboot.
5.) Online: during online the stutter with TIR gets worse. Also even with lowered graphic specs the game is jumpy making me an easy prey. Most of these lags are not server related.

Ok, this are the main problems I have to deal with. If there are others I will enhance this list. In the meantime I hope that there will be a patch which will resolve the problems (wishfull thinking) otherwise "brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita".

#72 SlickWilhelm

SlickWilhelm

Posted 19 January 2010 - 15:52

Sound X-FI

Try removing the sound card and using the onboard sound card from the motherboard. Many people have reported this solved all of their issues.

There seems to be something about the Creative sound drivers that RoF doesn't like.

#73 AI-Neoqb

AI-Neoqb

Posted 19 January 2010 - 16:08

Sound X-FI

Try removing the sound card and using the onboard sound card from the motherboard. Many people have reported this solved all of their issues.

There seems to be something about the Creative sound drivers that RoF doesn't like.

Confirm http://riseofflight....hp?f=128&t=6714">viewtopic.php?f=128&t=6714

#74 Kwiatek

Kwiatek

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:34

I wonder if there will be fixed bug with textures fragment flickering? From patch 1.09 i got occasionaly very fast textures flickering ( fragment textures from ground, planes etc). These looks like some fragment of textures pass you very fast.

In 4.08 - there was ok - no textures artefacts, aslo very low shimmering at distance

4.09 - textures artefacts, high shimmering

4.10 - the same as in 4.09

Plz dont write to me about check your system, drivers - etc. I didnt changed anything between 4.08 till 4.10.

My friends which have NVIDIA graphic cards have the same issue.

I got 8800 GT, my friends even with 275GTX have the same issue.

I dont play ROF since bad 4.09 patch becasue of these issues.

I wonder if neoqb will make something with these?

#75 PikAs53

PikAs53

Posted 23 January 2010 - 00:48

Now I am sure it is the input, I used both CH gear and G940. The problems happen with both. First the controls and buttons behave strange, than the game crashes. Seems ROF don't like multicontroller input.

#76 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 25 January 2010 - 15:13

In Single Player Career mode the Breguet XIV drops bombs on own ground installations (here: own aerodrome) just before landing. I have not checked the DFW C.V…

Attached Files

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy
http://1pl.boo.pl

#77 AI-Neoqb

AI-Neoqb

Posted 30 January 2010 - 19:54

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users