Photo
- - - - -

Official Bug List

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 13 September 2009 - 13:49

This is the official bug list that we will continually update for neoqb to reference. Please post ONLY the bug and any further description that is needed. If the bugs involves certain actions, please provide a step-by-step process to recreate the bug.

Please DO NOT start discussions here. Just list the bug you have, description, and steps to follow. Anything else will be deleted by myself. Just giving you a heads up on that.

#2 awreaper

awreaper

Posted 13 September 2009 - 14:23

Elevator not centered when control stick is centered. Some planes are worse than others; SE-5. This causes the pilot to have to maintain forward stick pressure even at very low throttle settings.

Edit by stethnorun: This is not actually a bug. There are huge debates back and forth on this topic, but the end result is that, for now, the game is working "as intended". Check here for (lots) more information: http://riseofflight....&t=2564&start=0">viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2564&start=0

Attached Files

#3 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 13 September 2009 - 15:34

Loosing center head position while moving ones head with TrackIR. This is more prominent in the "order" planes but I do get some shifting in the "opposite" plane set as well.

For instance: In the Spad, at the start of the mission I hit F12, which is mapped to both recenter TrackIR and return to center in RoF. Everything is centered and fine until I turn my head to left or right. Upon returning to center the view is now shifted left or right of center. Looking up or down will result in a shift from center in the vertical. Typically the shift is opposite the direction of head movement (ie. look up and the view shifts to low in the cockpit upon returning to center. Extreme head movements elicit greater shifts, in fact, looking to the extreme left or right causes a visible shift where the seat back will move to obscure the rear view.

In the "opposite" planes this shift seems to be limited to the vertical and is limited by comparison.

I am using TrackIR 3 with the latest drivers.

Admittedly there may have been a fix described for this but I have not seen anything as yet.

I would really like this fixed as it is a real problem when it comes to flying the "order" craft: a quick check six while engaging an enemy results in no longer having a good bead for my shot. I have to lean to such an extreme angle to attempt the shot that I am prone to fall out of my seat.

#4 Brutal_Baron

Brutal_Baron

Posted 13 September 2009 - 16:40

The most persistent problem for a lot of users like me is the game crashing and getting that dreaded “rof.exe” error prompt box on a black screen. It occurs randomly but more so after missions.

#5 Seiseki

Seiseki

Posted 13 September 2009 - 20:10

Disabling reflections in options doesn't work, I still see reflections in-game.

#6 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 13 September 2009 - 20:48

1.Game stutters and crashes more often after 1.006
2.Shadows get blurred when changing angle of external view
3.Medals doesnt work right when starting a new career with same profile(medals appear twice and SHOW ON DESKTOP box uncheck doesnt work right)
4.Plane symbol in map disappers sometimes
5.Moving ammo belt animation doesnt work when shooting
6.Friendly flight pops up at airfield in front of my flight just before take off

#7 Tailspin1945

Tailspin1945

Posted 13 September 2009 - 21:01

Space key (bar) does not skip cut-scenes.

#8 TJTAS

TJTAS

Posted 13 September 2009 - 21:33

1). Host cannot kick or ban clients on server (vote only worth 25% with 1 client in).

2). sometimes pan view with hat stops working (acts like shifting view). F9 does not change it.

3). If you are typing a message in MP when the mission starts you lose keyboard input during the mission.

4). AI Aircraft sometimes not taking off in MP missions.

5) AI Pilots and gunners far too accurate.

#9 TJTAS

TJTAS

Posted 13 September 2009 - 21:46

AI Ability to "flutter" control surfaces. Should be restricted to human possible speeds (of motion).

#10 Cobra6

Cobra6

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:55

Force Feedback is to soft on all planes when flying, and the falloff when the speed is lowered is to drastic.
Forces need to be increased for all in flight effects for all planes, because most of them give no resistance at all when flying except when you shoot you Mg's, and that is not correct.

I am talking about the resistance and airflow over the wings when manoeuvring, and for instance wind effects when flying in general. The control surfaces on most planes do give a little or no resistance on the joystick what-so-ever.

Cobra 6

Attached Files

#11 NickM

NickM

Posted 14 September 2009 - 15:09

1. Padlock works only once or does not work at all

2. Sometimes TIR stops working after using external camera

3. SHIFT-F2 and CTRL-F2 often do not work, or show only one aircraft

Edit by stethnorun: MattM added this to point 3: This depends on how far you are away from the other planes. There is a fixed range around you (3 km?), if other planes are outside that area, you can't see them with F2.

#12 Voidhunger

Voidhunger

Posted 15 September 2009 - 13:06

When the depth of field option is selected, sometimes the external view is completely unfocused.

#13 Seiseki

Seiseki

Posted 15 September 2009 - 19:17

If you choose a skin in multiplayer, and then switch plane, the skin will still be applied to that plane, even if it's for another plane.

#14 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 15 September 2009 - 19:25

Sometimes there is a very weird, purple line in the air. Possibly the edge of the skybox or something.

Also, when two roads meet, there is no crossroads texture, only a blank grey square.

Sometimes, when just flying in a straight line, but even moreso when doing some simple manouvres, your wingman will just fly into you.

Sometimes, it is possible to fly straight through a building without collision.

#15 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 15 September 2009 - 21:29

I had a quick question. Is barrel temperature modeled ingame?

The reason I ask is this. Put on unlimited ammo and hold the trigger down. After a few seconds I have not counted exactly the tracers will turn bright orange and start shooting at really weird angles. Sometime 90deg angle off barrel and even crossing before they even pass the prop.

I didnt know where to post this as I am sure rarely would anyone encounter this except for when using unlimited ammo and no jams. Since I suck at gunnery that is why I use it so

#16 Buzpilot

Buzpilot

Posted 15 September 2009 - 22:53

My worst issue with the game is a TrackIr issue, it's moving me around in cockpit incrementally if i see beyond head limits ,(at tail until head movement stops ,and straight up and back). i usually end up looking around like i was shrinking ,so i have to reset TIR a lot.(And thats not always easy to align my head to center of screen during a dogfight)
I tried this out on 2 PC's ,one Windows7 with TIR5 and other XP sp3 using TIR4 ,both reasonable fast so I have profile moving my view pretty fast.
To disable x and y axis in TIR helps ,but it's restricting my view too much.
I have several other flightsims using same TIR profile ,FSX ,Falcon4 AF,BlackShark ,LockOn and IL2 1946 ,with no problems,so it has to be something in the game making this happen.

Edit by stethnorun: Addition by FF_Jori - This happens to me too, especially in the German aircraft. My head position would just get lower and lower as I'm manouvring, until I can't see over the cockpit any more.

Last Edit;
I've been testing TrackIr a lot more now ,and it looks like it's the TrackIr5 software thats causing it ,installed the older TrackIr4 software ,and it seem to be ok now.
So this post should probably be removed.

#17 Tailspin1945

Tailspin1945

Posted 17 September 2009 - 15:39

At the completion of a mission the report screen spells balloon as baloon.

#18 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 20 September 2009 - 13:20

Steam users cannot SHIFT+TAB to chat to mates, this usually works even if the game is not via steam with other games.

#19 sturmkraehe

sturmkraehe

Posted 20 September 2009 - 21:28

For multiplayer statistics almost nothing is counted. No gunnery acuracy missed most since in game you hardly see your hits and there's no possibility to make tracks with ingame track tool allowing to do some postmission analysis (by switching planes in external view)

#20 NakedSquirrel

NakedSquirrel
  • Tester

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:58

Sticky look

While leaning to the left or right out of the side of my plane, my head will sometimes become 'stuck' leaning out of the plane. Even after using the button to reset my head position, my head will lean back over the side of the plane.

I don't use TrackIR, so it has something to do with key inputs. I think if the reset (Look to front) button actually reset all inputs, I think this would be fixed.

Collisions

I saw collisions mentioned, but I think a lot of collisions in multiplayer are missed because of latency (LAG). Planes will sometimes pass through each other, and only one will register the collision and fall apart, while the other will fly off unscathed or with marginal damage.

#21 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:33

In MP if I go into a server, then ALT+TAB out after a while the whole computer frezes.

#22 knightflyte

knightflyte

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:24

1) Frequently when I restart a mission I'll immediately get the Eye of Sauron death animation. This is post September 25th patch.

2) Planes will kamikazee/ram me quite often now. To be honest I never ever had it happen pre patch. In four RRs I had a Neiuport ram me. Then the next time the Breauget (sp) and finally on the last RR the Spad hit me. HUH???!!!?

I was giving the Dolphin a run with the Balloon Attack mission. The bloody Fokker hit me. Again. I've never been rammed before.

3) SERIOUSLY guys. Fix the sniper AI. I'm getting tired of peppering planes and causing minimal damage in COMPARISON to the one hit wonder shots of the AI that disables my engine or injures me. It's getting old and is ruining the fun of the game. NOT every pilot can be a sniper like these AI pilots are. It's time to make this a priority. It's not my gunnery skills I'm frustrated with but the almost certain inordinate damage I'll take when I am confronted with an enemy who manages an extreme shot.

Post patch the AI seems more agressive. No problem. I like a challenge, but the added aggression and sniper AI is getting out of hand.

#23 knightflyte

knightflyte

Posted 28 September 2009 - 14:01

Sorry.

I may as well add stutters to my list. They seem to happen upon first pass with the enemy. In RR the Noop engages me and when he fires at me I get a freeze. When I evade and eventually get on his six and fire I get a freeze.
This happens with every plane I encounter in RR.

Other random times I'll get stuttering.

Thanks

#24 Winkle

Winkle

Posted 28 September 2009 - 14:22

When looking around in external and checking out Enemy and Friendly (F2 keys)and I go back to cockpit. My view is now zoomed in. Unzooming works but goes right back. After repeatly going to external view back to cockpit it will fix itself. But my zoom function is now instant.

No speed control.

#25 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 28 September 2009 - 15:30

In my multiplayer stats I have no recorded time in the Pfalz D.IIIa which is my preferred ride. Instead I have a very large number of hours logged in the Albatros D.Va which I almost never fly.

#26 NickM

NickM

Posted 02 October 2009 - 19:30

The Pfalz D.XII is trimmed nose down, even at full power, using a FFB stick (MS FFB2). It is the only aircraft like this and it should be slightly nose-up at full power.

Nick

#27 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:57

Se5a Elevator bug:

I've noticed that when starting a mission 'in the air' the Se5a elevator is at first correctly trimmed at nuetral. It is only after the pilot first applies elevator that it adopts positive trim.

Ground missions always start with positive trim.

Regards.

Edit by stethnorun: Correction by MattM - "…that's the auto-level, that get's deactivated, once you move your joystick or rudder more than 50% to one side."

#28 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:15

The entire T&T server patrons were getting consistent #10019 errors and getting kicked back to the hangar after almost every mission this evening.

Necessitated simply rejoining the server and all would be fine until the next msision ended with the same results.

Most all said the total experience was smoother though.

#29 LvR

LvR

Posted 31 October 2009 - 17:02

Not a bug per se but definitely something that affects gameplay for keyboard flyers (Yes, there are some of us out there) The lack of a rudder centering key is crucifying when trying to manoeuvre. Please consider adding one, it would make *such* a difference.

Thank you.

#30 Kwiatek

Kwiatek

Posted 01 November 2009 - 20:58

It look that with 1.08 old bug with freez game during online mission back.

I and my other mates found anyoying bug in game during online playing. We get mostly in the same time screen freez when game pauses but sound still working. After a few seconds of freez screen game crashes and exit to window. I got these quite often during online playing. I know that other people have the same - so i think it is not any computer problem.

I got spec:

Core2Duo 3ghz, 8800 GT 512 DDRAM, 4 GB DDR2, Win XP 32bit, Virtual Memory set by system.

#31 O_Stribo

O_Stribo

Posted 02 November 2009 - 00:13

Getting bad stutters after 1.008 patch.Gamr runs fine for most of the time.about every 3rd rotation when i get into a fight it seams to run at about 2 FPS.Eventualy goes normal again.This is not an overheating problem.ONLY STARTED WITH THE NEW PATCH!!!

Specs .x58 flammingblade,6gig corsair ram,ATI hd4870,raptor HD,trackIR 5,Windows7 64bit.

#32 musicman

musicman

Posted 02 November 2009 - 00:31

Mine is crashing allot too during single missions. Also still have those multi color graphic issues. I've tried one card 2 cards no cards sli on sli off phys x on or off every setting in graphic control. No help. Happins more in online and have to leave game and restart ROF. And no it's not heat related. Bout to give up. My puter's more than enough. Frame rates are fine but do get the 1 second delay sometimes.

Quad 4 black amd 3.0 gig
4 gig ram dual channel
sli 9800tgx x 2 plus onboard graphic Sli hybrid
Win xp 64
MM

#33 PAWPAWPAW

PAWPAWPAW

Posted 02 November 2009 - 00:33

Still getting the bad ground textures in places http://riseofflight....php?f=49&t=3568">viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3568

Purple line in sky as mentioned by someone earlier still exists

#34 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 02 November 2009 - 00:45

I get purple lines on MvR textures of DR1 and Alby III as well, it probably has to do with certain texture maps and reflections. Or that's the impression I get.

#35 Voidhunger

Voidhunger

Posted 03 November 2009 - 19:44

Fuel mixture lever in Fokker Dr.I doesn´t work correctly. When I want to decrease fuel mixture, the lever is stuck. To decrease it, I have to press keys to increase fuel mixture several times first, and then the lever works.

When a burning Fokker Dr.I crashes the ground, it stops burning.

#36 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 03 November 2009 - 20:31

As much as I love the look of the new summer textures, there seems to be issues with the trees having changed locations and collisions occurring where trees used to be.

To demonstrate this, one needs to load up my "Up and at 'em" mission for an Entente plane and take off straight out of the hanger (heading 285 degrees). If you haven't got this mission you can find it here:

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3700

I keep the link in the first post updated to the latest version, so you need not worry about digging for the current version.

Prior to 1.008's new textures there were some trees located just left of center, about 200 meters out, that were easy to avoid with a bit of right rudder on starting to roll. Now the way seems clear, but on several runs in the Camel I collided with an invisible obstruction just after leaving the ground. These collisions appear to occur roughly where the trees used to be.

#37 Armored_Sheep

Armored_Sheep

Posted 04 November 2009 - 21:20

Earning campaign medals makes no sense. Sometimes I got a lot, sometimes no after tenths of kills, also campaign might suddenly finish after few missions. (http://riseofflight....hp?f=128&t=4323">viewtopic.php?f=128&t=4323)

#38 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 04 November 2009 - 21:28

Not a bug per se but definitely something that affects gameplay for keyboard flyers (Yes, there are some of us out there) The lack of a rudder centering key is crucifying when trying to manoeuvre. Please consider adding one, it would make *such* a difference.

Thank you.
Maybe a bit off topic but…How on earth can you play this sim with only keyboard?

~S~

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#39 A.P.

A.P.

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:57

My most persistent problem is the game crashing and getting that dreaded “rof.exe” error prompt box on a black screen. It occurs randomly but more so after missions.Has been happening since I first installed it.

#40 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:46

Control of AA settings:

seldom my FPS go down by 50 %, allthough I don´t change any graphic settings.
(ingame AA off, ATI card 4 AA)

I can regain my FPS by switching ingame AA on - start game - switch ingame off again.

When I tested all possible graphic settings, I had the feeling, that the forced and ingame
graphic settings work more randomly than reproducible together (…or against each other).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users