Photo
- - - - -

[VIDEO] Boom & Zoom basics gameplay tutorial

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 17:55

All this would work perfectly well fighting SE5a AI with a D.VIIf..oh wait that's exactly what you show in the video.

Still waiting for your video tutorial or at least your step by step tips on the proper way to B&Z. You seem to have plenty of time to make completely baseless criticisms against my basic tutorial but not the ability to make actual statements about the way it should be done.

Step up to the plate and provide something better. You just can't do it, can you?

Hellshade

I'm not an expert but I've been flying almost exclusively the SE5a and Spads since I bought the game last august or July, whenever it was. I went through a long and frustrating process of watching videos, getting tips from people on the forum and recorded tracks people gave me and what's shown in your video is exactly the type of stuff that got me killed and pissed off flying the SE5a early on before I knew what I was doing.

There's already many very good videos out there for BnZ from Requiem and Newguy such as these

I don't think Requiem's guide is quite as useful as it once was because of the flight model change to the SE5a but he said he'll be revisiting it at some point. MJMorrow's video is very useful for multiplayer and applies to single player as well in a couple ways.

But sure I'll make a video showcasing some of the things I have accumulated from others on this forum as being the best way to BnZ. It probably won't get done until tomorrow though and I'll just be using annotations on youtube for the actual commentary.

#42 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 July 2012 - 18:11

Very nice videos.

Approach from above = have an altitude advantage
split S onto his tail = attack from behind
He went into much better detail on when to fire where I simply said gun accuracy is important.
Extend away = shows him climbing up after the attack which is the zoom climb I talk about.

I still can't see how everything I said was wrong Red. To me, the videos confirm what I said in mine. Though I will readily admit the Flight Ambush Tutorial was certainly more detailed in how to shoot than mine. But whatever. You just hate what I did, even though it offers nearly identical tips to the ones you like. I simply fail to see a single thing in either of those videos that contradicts what is in mine. I'll take any advice that makes me a better pilot sir. Perhaps you could point it out where anything in either of the two videos you shared directly contradicts what I had in mine.

Peace.

Hellshade

#43 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 18:22

The difference is he's fighting one single opponent, you're fighting 5 crippled planes with a vastly superior aircraft showing an offensive combat that just isn't viable in the actual BnZ labeled planes in Rise of flight.

Also I said that the actual gameplay is what's wrong not really your points, but I think the difficulty for new players, or at least for me was I actually needed to 'see' good boom and zoom, not just hear how it's supposed to be done.

#44 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 July 2012 - 18:31

Hate away sir. Every post you make serves to bump the thread up to the top so more people can view my work. I appreciate your help in getting more people to see how it's done. :S!:

Hellshade

#45 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 18:43

Ugh, making a video is too much work, fraps keeps splitting the video file into like a dozen separate files.

So oh well, your poor rendition of boom and zoom prevails, hopefully newcomers find Requiem and New guy's videos before yours.

/hatehatehatehatehatehate

#46 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 July 2012 - 18:55

There is a new version of fraps that doesn't have a 3.9GB file size limit sir. Or you may choose Bandicam which can record them in much smaller file sizes because it does the video compression on the fly. It'll just put the stupid "bandicam" logo at the top center of your video until you register it.

Hellshade

#47 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 19:00

I'll have to download it then, I have a pretty old version of fraps.

#48 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 19:03

If you'd like to see the video I can send you the track file and you can watch it in rise of flight, it just won't have any actual commentary obviously. It's rather long anyways, about 10 minutes fighting 3 Fokker D.VII's with one SE5a. I took a bit too long cause I haven't gotten sleep yet and kept losing my opponents lol.

#49 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 04 July 2012 - 19:12

Thanks guys.
I have my eye on something else that will be coming out but doesn't yet have a release date. The previews look excellent though and I'm very much looking forward to spending a lot of time with it.
Hellshade knowing you from different flysim forum like OFF, and I think we have the same taste , so I would like to what game are you previewing

:?:
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#50 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 19:14

He's talking about WOFF, acting as if he isn't already a huge fan of OFF P3 lolk.

#51 OlPaint01

OlPaint01

Posted 04 July 2012 - 19:17

Hellshade, please continue making your tutorials that RedPiano can criticise. I personally enjoy watching how other pilots shoot down opponents, since I am have a hard time, as a rookie to do it myself. Whether it is technically correct to fly a superior aircraft against inferior ones, or not, I learn something new every time I watch a great pilot do his stuff.

RP, I am looking forward to learn how it is supposed to be done from watching your upcoming video contributions.

OlPaint

#52 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 July 2012 - 19:29

Yes RP, that was what I was talking about. However despite whatever difference I have with 777 management, I wouldn't post video from another sim or game on their official forums.

My next prediction is that this thread will be removed once it gets noticed by management. I could be wrong, but as much as I am a fan of (W)OFF, I can completely understand why a company wouldn't allow videos of competing products to be posted on their forums.

and it's not that I was "acting like I wasn't already a big fan of OFF (P3)", Red. Anyone who knows me already knows that I am. I just didn't want to mention it by name or get into an utterly pointless sim war.

Hellshade

#53 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 July 2012 - 19:33

OlPaint01 - I have literally a couple of hundred videos - most of Over Flanders Fields, Rise of Flight and Wings of Prey on my youtube site. Just do a search for Hellshade68 on youtube and you'll find my page sir.

Hellshade

#54 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 19:34

Well you've got a point there, about the sim war that is. I removed the video though I think Jason is O.K with posting videos of other sims as I've done it before.

Regarding fraps, it sure is remarkably expensive to buy. There's no less than legal cracked version available for 3.5.5 either :*(

#55 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 19:55

Got fraps 3.5.4, DAYUM it's way better than what I was using before. I'll upload the video today, it'll be done later.

#56 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 July 2012 - 21:05

Hello Hellshade,
I have just put your YouTube page into favourites for a look later on.
Thanks for taking the time to do all that work. 263vids was it?… :o
As I and others have said, everything helps us newer pilots.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#57 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 04 July 2012 - 21:14

For the beginner I would also recommend practicing this manuevre (the hi yo-yo) from Requiem. It is probably one of the most useful moves in BnZ. When you're comfortable with it move on to others. Practice until your nose bleeds.

#58 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 21:32

Yeah that maneuver is definitely a must when going on the offensive.

#59 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 July 2012 - 23:03

Thanks JoeCrow,
I will try it out soon. At the moment I am having trouble with two 13cSpads (average skill) in QuickMission with my Dr1. I have been told the Dr1 (I am addicted to Dr1's) is not the best for B&Z but that yoyo move may help heaps.
Cheers,'
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#60 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:39

Uploading a video now, hopefully it'll go this time.

EDIT: Apparently youtube is broken right now so I'll upload it whenever they fix it.

#61 Laser

Laser

Posted 05 July 2012 - 21:10

In love & war, anything goes :P (older video, and definitely not a tutorial)

#62 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 21:19

Nice video, good kills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users