Here is the final release for 1.031. The mods now support JSGME for those that prefer it. Readme files can be found inside of each mod's 'documentation' directory.
All of these mods are independent of each other - For instance, you can install the 'Gunner positions mod' after another gunner AI mod and combine most of their features.
Gunner AI mod 1.032
- A new structure which allows different settings for different types of gun positions (e.g. front gunners and gunners with Becker cannons now behave differently)!
- A new burst firing pattern that improves ammo conservation (and is less predictable at long range, while being very lethal at short ranges).
- Various other tweaks to accuracy, target updating and ranging.
- The F.E.2 gunner uses a version of Gavagai's "Gunners that Fight" mod with further tweaks (reacts at longer ranges, uses longer bursts, but is more vulnerable to gee forces).
Gunner Positions mod 1.032
- More realistic movement rates for the gunner positions. This should also make different types of gunner positions feel different for the player (both using them or attacking them).
- Support for the new aircraft and weapon mods (including a Felixstowe mod that increases the firing arcs for the side guns.
- A GUI correction thanks to the contributions of J.j.! Now in a separate mod to improve compatibility.
- Support has been added for the Sopwith Strutter
Note: This mod should be updated after every patch or you will have to select 'mods off' if you want to use weapons mods for new aircraft. Uninstalling the mod until it is updated will also work.
Flak Mod 1.030/1.031 (version 1.032 update is still in progress)
- This mod lowers the effectiveness of large caliber anti-aircraft cannons against fast / low flying targets. This simulates fine traverse during aiming and difficulty with fusing.
- Land based guns do not fire at low flying targets (where they are likely to hit nearby buildings), but naval guns will still fire near the deck.
- Small caliber machine guns are unaffected (although the 37mm M-Flak has been tweaked to rotate more slowly, but still be fired like a machine gun)
Note: I recommend remove early versions of the Flak mod and installing the 1.030-1.031 version.
- Place the data directory in your Rise of Flight directory (so the files should be in [Rise of Flight]\data\LuaScripts\worldobjects\*.*)
- Remember to select "mods on" in the option menu!
See the readme files for more details.
Let me know what you think,