Photo
- - - - -

Freetrack stutters when used with MS force feed back 2 ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Plimmy

Plimmy

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:36

Hi all :)
I seem to have an odd problem when using freetrack. When flying around using my ff2 stick the motion of looking around is quite stuttery to say the least….. But if I go to autopilot and use freetrack, without using the stick, the movement is completely smooth. Has anyone any ideas as to why this is happening as I need to use freetrack for online play.

Cheers :)

#2 Plimmy

Plimmy

Posted 23 June 2012 - 16:00

This is def an odd one.
I unplugged my ff2 joystick and then started freetrack and then ROF. Freetrack is smooth whether auotpilot is used or not. So it looks like its a joystick problem cusing the stutters. I did notice another wierd thing……… if I have freetrack running and I unplug the joystick it causes Freetrack to disconnect from the WIImote…………….this is really weird.

Can anybody test this for me please :)

#3 Plimmy

Plimmy

Posted 23 June 2012 - 20:18

Right………found the prob…………although not the cause.

If anybody is having similar problems I solved it by turning off force feed back in the input menu :)

Would still like to use force feedback though :-/

#4 catchov

catchov

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:57

Hmmm no point having the MSFFB2 without the FFB otherwise it's just a MS2. :?

Try Options –> Camera –> Smoothing. Set smoothing to the highest level and see if there's an improvement.

#5 Plimmy

Plimmy

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:07

Hmmm no point having the MSFFB2 without the FFB otherwise it's just a MS2. :?

Try Options –> Camera –> Smoothing. Set smoothing to the highest level and see if there's an improvement.

Hi………… I think that will only mask the problem. I know that Win7 doesnt officially support FF2 joysticks, crazy I know, as there are no drivers attached to it. And I read on another forum about issues with USB bandwidth sharing between devices.

Would be nice to hear from a dev on this one ;)

#6 von_Pilsner

von_Pilsner

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:31

Hi………… I think that will only mask the problem. I know that Win7 doesnt officially support FF2 joysticks, crazy I know, as there are no drivers attached to it. And I read on another forum about issues with USB bandwidth sharing between devices.

Would be nice to hear from a dev on this one ;)
I know you would like a dev, but in case they don't respond right away maybe something here could help…

I have TiR and MSFFB2 so I tested it out and don't get stutters even with smoothing on 0 (I had had it set to 10). I don't know much about USB bandwidth but I have the following plugged in: MSFFB2, USB Game controller (for the xtra buttons), X52 Throttle, TiR, USB Mouse, USB KB. I have legacy USB disabled in the BIOS. I have Joystick and TiR plugged directly into my computer's back USB ports (not through a HUB, I believe they can cause issues).

If you happen to have a dual core (I know you don't use TiR, but the stutter issue sounds similar)
windows 7 and MS Sidewinder FF2
For me:

Win 7 32 + MS FFB2 + TrackIR4 + dual core = stutters
win 7 64 + MS FFB2 + TrackIR4 + dual core = smooth gameplay
win 7 64 + MS FFB2 + TrackIR4 + dual core + 1.012 = stutters
win 7 64 + MS FFB2 + TrackIR4 + quad core + 1.012 = smooth gameplay
Other stuff to try:
http://www.free-trac...pic=1524&page=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.free-trac...t/forum/index.p … 524&page=3
You could try and change processor affinity (and possibly priority) for Freetrack (if it works you could use something like Prio to save the affinity settings), I used to have to do that with TrackIR on my old computer (with 1 or 2 games).

[Fixed] Changed to MS FFB2, ROF now stutters
Another thread with similar issues (may be worth reading).

Good luck, I hope you get it working smoothly. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users