Photo
- - - - -

A Bonanza of Weapon Mod Pics!

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#161 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:17

Gamecock has an excellent point. Of course, the fact that nobody actually dies when they are shot down is also getting away from the historical aspect of the sim. I'm not sure why that isn't a problem for the "purists"…

Good point :S!:

No, that's not a good point. Wanting historical accuracy and wanting to die are two different things on two very different levels.

No, the fact that we don't die is everything. It's not a history sim, it's a flight sim. We're just "flying" the aircraft, we're not reliving history.

If we died, that would be reality, not history, and not a simulation. It's a goofy argument. :P Of course we aren't reliving history. But some of us would like to come as close as we can within the safe confines of our computer caves.

#162 Flying_Dutchman

Flying_Dutchman

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:42

… Let's knock off the arguing now….. Just focus on the fun you're about to have. :S!:

Jason
+1

Great job to you and the team Jason!

#163 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:00

… Let's knock off the arguing now….. Just focus on the fun you're about to have. :S!:

Jason
+1

Great job to you and the team Jason!
+2

#164 roketfiq

roketfiq

Posted 29 June 2012 - 21:00

Can someone tell me what the deal is with weapon mods? Some are selectable in the store and some are not. Does that mean I have a few already? And besides "new" weapons - what do they add? Do they overpower the planes? What is the point in having them?

I know I sound a little put off but I now own nearly 21 planes through your occasional sales and like to play SP and multiplayer but do these mods and new weapons and such unbalance the game? And with regards to patch 1.026 - did only weapons mods get changed and updated or did ALL weapons get changed and updated?

Thanks! I love your work! I thoroughly enjoy this game.

#165 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 29 June 2012 - 21:12

Here's the release announcement for 1.026. It details what the changes were:
1.026 is ready!

Also, read this:
A few words about Synchronizers and Version 1.026

Regarding the weapon mods (i.e. new gun configurations) only human pilots can use them so impact in SP is entirely up to you. These are still very new and I don't think there is a consensus about how they impact MP yet. It will ultimately be up to the mission designers in MP as to whether the mods are used or not.

The aircraft do suffer certain performance penalties when they carry extra guns and ammo though.

#166 Wolfman23

Wolfman23

Posted 16 July 2012 - 17:12

Hp 0-400 with a cannon SWEET!!!!!!! I need that gest so the Huns will stop messing with my planes

#167 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:41

Can someone tell me what the deal is with weapon mods? Some are selectable in the store and some are not. Does that mean I have a few already?

Only Alb D.V and Spad XIII weapon mods everybody already have.That mods you say you can't buy are from planes you don't have.I guess…

#168 seoexpert

seoexpert

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:20

Hi Jason_Williams,
I just passby here and saw your attachedment wm_Alb2.jpg [ 832.79 KiB | Viewed 6744 times ] and it's really nice…

#169 chrisjane

chrisjane

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:15

only human pilots can use them so impact in SP is entirely up to you. These are still very new and I don't think there is a consensus about how they impact MP yet.

#170 Kreny

Kreny

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:37

awesome cant wait……
You don't have to, it's in a game for couple of months already :)
and welcome in the forum!

#171 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:16

awesome cant wait……
You don't have to, it's in a game for couple of months already :)
and welcome in the forum!

You're talking to a spambot.

#172 joeyPop

joeyPop

Posted 31 March 2013 - 19:10

Amazing images… is there any updates or new stuff to be tackle in this thread like the Guns in that planes. I'm new to this game.

#173 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 31 March 2013 - 20:31

Hi joey, welcome to the forums!

These images in the first post reporesent weapon modifications that you can buy for each plane, they are already available in the store:

riseofflight.com/en/store/weaponmods

There are also field modifications that add things like extra instrumentation or gun sights:

riseofflight.com/en/store/fieldmods

Click on the box of a plane to see what mods are in the package. Of course, you need to own the plane before you buy these!

The weapon mods for the two planes in the free to play version, the Albatros D.Va and SPAD13, are also available for free.

Check out the manual here to see how you can activate the weapon mods on a plane, if you have them:

riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=393&t=27806

Good luck!

Joris

#174 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 28 April 2018 - 21:08

Why is this pinned? Moderators please remove this.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users