Photo
- - - - -

A Bonanza of Weapon Mod Pics!

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#41 Luftwaffles1000

Luftwaffles1000

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:42

Hooray for a double gun turret on the HP. I may be able to defend myself now!

#42 Karma-Police

Karma-Police

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:42

Ok so I keep my money !

#43 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:54

Why, I've just been looking at a book with a N17 with twin Lewis, plus twin Vickers!! These things did exist..

#44 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:58

I hope to have it as a seperate plane someday. Would be better than a weaponmod.

#45 Nonolem

Nonolem

Posted 22 June 2012 - 13:02

Did the SpadVII ever have a 20mm ? I seem to remember reading this. Maybe I am mistaken

No, it was the SPAD XII, with a 37mm cannon firing through the axis of the propeller.
Not very concluding (the cannon had to be manually reloaded after each shot), so the SPAD XII became the SPAD XIII.

Guyenemer and Fonck have obtained several victories with a SPAD XII and its canon.

#46 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 22 June 2012 - 13:07

I hope to have it as a seperate plane someday. Would be better than a weaponmod.

True Paf.. there were many, many variations.. But I even see in the windsock data file that Nungasser had a N17 with Lewis and Vickers fitted.

#47 Dads1958

Dads1958

Posted 22 June 2012 - 13:18

No RFC style single Lewis gun for the N17? What were they thinking….How do I get my money back. :(

#48 Karma-Police

Karma-Police

Posted 22 June 2012 - 13:24

No RFC style single Lewis gun for the N17? What were they thinking….How do I get my money back. :(

You can't be refurbished.
Always wait the last time to preorder something.

#49 Karma-Police

Karma-Police

Posted 22 June 2012 - 13:28

Why, I've just been looking at a book with a N17 with twin Lewis, plus twin Vickers!! These things did exist..

Only on one aircraft…
How many N.17 were built ?
The twin Lewis variant was used by the French navy.

#50 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 22 June 2012 - 13:33

Those Lewis' on the Nieuports don't look like they can elevate. Is that correct?

#51 Dads1958

Dads1958

Posted 22 June 2012 - 13:36

Yes I saw the note that they could not be refunded. I bought every field mod and several weapon mods to help support 777. (Never mind they have gotten over $240.00 out of me for this game) But not making a single Lewis gun armed N17 was a bonehead decision. That was the last time I buy any more planes or maps mods etc for the sole reason to support 777.

#52 Deloy

Deloy

Posted 22 June 2012 - 13:47

Wow Thx jason :P cant wait

#53 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 22 June 2012 - 13:50

Only on one aircraft…
How many N.17 were built ?
The twin Lewis variant was used by the French navy.

Yes mate, as stated there were many variations, plus lots of 'preferences' from individual pilots, and yes, in particular the RFC variants had specific orders in regard to the fitting of overhead lewis guns, but I guess it may prove impossible to provide us with every type of weapon fit that all these aeroplanes had..
We are getting a HP 0-400 with a Davis gun, but not every bomber had one of those fitted either!
I would dearly love to fly an RFC N17 career with a single Lewis as per standard too, maybe we just have to wait a bit longer for that one..

#54 SYN_DerHesse70

SYN_DerHesse70

Posted 22 June 2012 - 14:02

Nice pics of the dolphin with cockpit mounted lewis :mrgreen: :

http://forum.planeta...da6f71da5d0420d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.planeta...et/viewtopic.ph … 1da5d0420d

#55 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 22 June 2012 - 14:11

Did the SpadVII ever have a 20mm ? I seem to remember reading this. Maybe I am mistaken

No.

Does the Spad 13 have new weapon mods? looks like Balloon guns but I could be wrong easily.

Yes, it looks like balloon guns, same as N28.

Strange thing is there are no weapon mod avalaible for Spad XIII in store…

If I recall correctly, the Spad XIII cockpit required a lot of modification in order to be able to fix the guns. So, they were originally not going to supply this weapon's mod. However, they've managed to do it!

So, it is a nice surprise (like the twin defensive parabellums). I assume they'll add it to the shop later??

Yes - apparently it would have taken a large amount of additional work and wasn't feasible. We can hope that an RFC version might be added to the Channel map, but like the engine variants (early S.E.5, Pfalz D.XII) I think there may be doubts about the profitability. Of course, this is just a guess.

#56 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 22 June 2012 - 15:15

The RFC Nieuports would make a nice extra plane by themselves, maybe throw in a NP16 & 24 as well.

#57 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 22 June 2012 - 15:17

The RFC Nieuports would make a nice extra plane by themselves, maybe throw in a NP24 as well.

And the N16.

#58 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 22 June 2012 - 15:18

Beat me to it :)

#59 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 22 June 2012 - 15:53

Yes I saw the note that they could not be refunded. I bought every field mod and several weapon mods to help support 777. (Never mind they have gotten over $240.00 out of me for this game) But not making a single Lewis gun armed N17 was a bonehead decision. That was the last time I buy any more planes or maps mods etc for the sole reason to support 777.

So in short you were all about supporting 777 but because they aren't providing a single Lewis N17 with the weapons mods in 1.026 you have now dropped this pure support stance. That right?

Keep in mind you don't know what their reasoning was for not providing that particular N17 configuration. Also keep in mind that there are many, many things other people want that aren't going to be provided in 1.026 either. By your logic, none of those people should be "help[ing] support" 777 either, resulting in the likely early end to further development of RoF and a sad loss to all of us who consider this such an engrossing hobby.

The positive that I see is they are introducing some of the things that have been asking for for a long time (realistic rate of fire, moveable overhead Lewis, at least some of the mods themselves, reloading animation for the Lewis to name a few). As always, the game evolves for the better (even if too slowly for some). And we still don't know the full list of changes that will come with 1.026. I support the team for their continuous work to improve the sim. And that they do listen to what we ask for and try to deliver it when possible.

Pat on the back to ya for the support you've shown to date, btw. :S!: That's about 60% of the love I have shown them, so I understand the cost outlay.

And to the dev team: this is looking to be a fantastic update. Can't wait to give it a try!

#60 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 22 June 2012 - 16:09

As with all things, you will never please everyone. We all have different wants and priorities as to what we would like to have.
I can understand people being fed up to a degree if their personal need has not been fulfilled, but as a grown up I understand they can't give us everything.
Can't understand the negativity as there is so much to like, regardless of the fact that they haven't been able to give every single person their 'dream' update.

#61 schizo321437

schizo321437

Posted 22 June 2012 - 16:10

Maybe the vickers can be disabled as an option. It's not clear from the comments.

#62 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 18:56

You can load up the Lewis and not the Vickers with the N.17 WM so you can at least fly with only the armed Lewis, but the Vickers is still there, just enpty.

The problem with the single Lewis N.17 is that it was used by British squadrons as a special build of the N.17 from what I know. That makes it more than a mod and causes problems for the Career. Because if we gave you the option of just an N.17 with a single Lewis the first thing we'd hear from you guys is to put it in the Career and outfit the whole squadron with it. We cannot do that with Weapon Mods in Career. Only player plane can have mods. Plus its always a balance between money and resources and time of which we always have a shortage.

So, this is something we know you want, but we do not have any easy answer for you at this point in time. Maybe we can address it again in the future. Right now, we need to focus on getting the mods we have built out the door which are already too far behind schedule.

Jason

#63 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 22 June 2012 - 19:07

Thanks for that answer mate.. at least in the short term there is a 'workaround' :)

#64 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 22 June 2012 - 19:10

Those Lewis' on the Nieuports don't look like they can elevate. Is that correct?

I don't want to say for sure, and risk spoiling the mood of anticipation, but I do believe they can be elevated. The front of the barrel clips to the rectangular framework, and the main supporting strut for the gun has a hinge. This should be true for the stock N.11 as well.

#65 semi_auto

semi_auto

Posted 22 June 2012 - 19:14

They look great. Thanks for all the hard work, almost all of us appreciate it.

#66 Dunringill

Dunringill

Posted 22 June 2012 - 19:29

My God, look at the DH4! :-)

#67 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 20:22

How about a snap of the new working foster mount on the SE5a :D!

#68 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 22 June 2012 - 20:36

You can load up the Lewis and not the Vickers with the N.17 WM so you can at least fly with only the armed Lewis, but the Vickers is still there, just enpty.

I'm actually excited about this (at least we have something). Hopefully, there will be a way to enable it for AI though.

#69 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 22 June 2012 - 20:39

The problem with the single Lewis N.17 is that it was used by British squadrons as a special build of the N.17 from what I know. That makes it more than a mod and causes problems for the Career. Because if we gave you the option of just an N.17 with a single Lewis the first thing we'd hear from you guys is to put it in the Career and outfit the whole squadron with it. We cannot do that with Weapon Mods in Career. Only player plane can have mods. Plus its always a balance between money and resources and time of which we always have a shortage.

So, this is something we know you want, but we do not have any easy answer for you at this point in time. Maybe we can address it again in the future. Right now, we need to focus on getting the mods we have built out the door which are already too far behind schedule.

Jason

That's no problem.
Maybe one day you'll be able to release the RFC N17 as a brand new plane.
This should be quite easy, now :)

I'm just a bit sad that AI can't use any weapon mods.
So i guess they still blow up balloons without rockets?…

#70 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 22 June 2012 - 20:56

Yes it's a shame :(
When I saw the pictures of the Albatros with the overwing Becker gun, but with the Spandaus removed I felt sure we would get the N17 with just the Lewis gun.. but it seems its not to be.. Hope in the future we see it though :)

#71 Finkeren

Finkeren

Posted 22 June 2012 - 21:00

Jason

It's a shame, that it isn't possible, but it might give an incentive to one day make an RFC N17 as a seperate plane. It should be a relatively easy thing to do (all the components are basically there) and we are a lot of ppl who would gladly pay full price for it.

#72 WWIEAF-Puff

WWIEAF-Puff

Posted 22 June 2012 - 21:04

I would gladly pay for the RFC N17…gladly :)

#73 rolikiraly

rolikiraly

Posted 22 June 2012 - 21:14

It's a shame, that it isn't possible, but it might give an incentive to one day make an RFC N17 as a seperate plane. It should be a relatively easy thing to do (all the components are basically there) and we are a lot of ppl who would gladly pay full price for it.

Firstly, i understand Jason's reason, but this can be a simple solution in the future (even without that full price thing)

#74 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 22 June 2012 - 21:16

I think we would need a different Lewis mount as well, than the one that has been made as a weapon mod.

#75 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 22 June 2012 - 21:19

It's a shame the AI can't use the mods. Some are strongly associated with a particular squadron and time frame, it would have added a nice bit of variety and historical relevance to career mode.

Imagine flying a 2 seater and being attacked by Albert Ball in his NP17 plus his rockets.

#76 Capn_Binky

Capn_Binky

Posted 22 June 2012 - 21:23

That buy all button is dangerous

#77 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 22 June 2012 - 21:26

So, this is something we know you want, but we do not have any easy answer for you at this point in time. Maybe we can address it again in the future.
Thanks for the explanation, Jason. Something more to hope for in a future update: Single Lewis N17, appearing in the Career and AI being able to use weapons mods.

#78 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 22 June 2012 - 21:30

Yes, it needs a weapon loadout in the career mission screen as well as fuel bombs/ammo etc.. that would be excellent!

#79 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 22 June 2012 - 21:50

I am very impressed by the ROF team and their efforts. I promised that I would continue my financial support, when the team addressed my concerns. While I have not seen the flight model fixes, I consider the value adding labor of the team, demonstrated in the upcoming patch, to be substantial, material and in keeping with the standards I expect from Bethesda, EA or any company, big or small. So, in good faith, I will presume that these efforts will continue and I will commit to buying future add-ons, maps and related ROF or 777 Studios products. :S!: MJ

p.s. Anyway, I have been covertly playing ROF, while I was, "Away," from ROF, under the nick, Gooder, so I might as well play out in the open. :lol:

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#80 Finkeren

Finkeren

Posted 22 June 2012 - 21:58

I think we would need a different Lewis mount as well, than the one that has been made as a weapon mod.

Well, the Foster Mount exists on the S.E.5a already and will be used with a lot of the new mods, so it's not like it's something completely new.

Just to be clear: I'm not whining or anything. The new mods and the overall changes in gunnery will be awesome. I'm just talking about future posibilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users