• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:31

Attention Pilots!

As most of you know already, you can purchase airplanes and other add-on content as gifts and send the activation code to a friend or family member. This was a feature requested by the community and it’s been available to all ROF users for a while now, but we still get questions about how to do it properly, so are detailed instructions to make it easier to understand the process.

All you need is an ROF player account and an activated copy of ROF to participate.

Here’s how it works:

1. In the ROF Store you will now see an option to Buy as a Gift on each product page. You can purchase more than one if you would like. Simply follow the usual procedure for purchasing a plane or demo upgrade from our website using a credit card or PayPal.

2. After purchase your account will now list the license(s) available to send to your friend or family member. To see the license(s) simply click on Profile and then Gifts while logged into the ROF website. You will see a list of codes purchased by you and whether or not they have been activated yet.

3. To send a Gift code to a friend click on Send and then enter the person’s Forum Nickname. Hit Send and an email will be sent to the email address associated with that person’s ROF account.

4. If our automated email fails to reach that person, you can always send an email to them yourself or send a PM through the forum with the proper code.

5. To activate a Gift code code simply click on Profile and then License while logged into the ROF website. Then enter the code into the Gift Activation box and click on Activate. Now launch ROF and Login Online one time to sync your account and then that plane is available to your ROF account forever.

6. Once a code is activated by a recipient, that code will show as activated on your Gifts page.

7. Currently the Gift feature is available for individual Airplanes, Campaigns, Maps and Personal Packages. Due to the complexity of unlocking Field Mods and Weapon Mods gifting of these items is not currently available. Gifting of Demo Upgrades is also not available, but we will hopefully change that in the future.

We hope you will enjoy the Gift feature and help us spread more Rise of Flight joy to the flight-simulation community!

Jason

#2 LeBigTed

LeBigTed

Posted 05 June 2012 - 18:44

Thank you for the explanations Jason !!! :S!: :S!: :S!:

And Keep Up On the Good Work ;o)

Ted ;)

#3 Planemad

Planemad

Posted 05 June 2012 - 19:08

Thank you for the explanations Jason !!! :S!: :S!: :S!:

And Keep Up On the Good Work ;o)

Ted ;)

I agree with Ted :D

Thanks Jason :S!:

Planemad

#4 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:48

Bummer about not being able to gift any weapon mods currently. :(

#5 J30HansRicht

J30HansRicht

Posted 17 July 2012 - 16:55

Salute<>

Have been enjoying the weapon mods and wanted to buy the set as a gift for a pilot. Any idea when the gift option will be available for the weapon mods?

Thanks,

J30<>Hans Richt

#6 captjoe10

captjoe10

Posted 03 November 2012 - 20:31

Thank u jason!!! u helped me alot!! and now i shall shoot u down
me: :x
you: :xx:

#7 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 20:53

A bit at a time …. thx Jason

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#8 pooka

pooka

Posted 23 December 2012 - 17:14

I was given Iron Cross Edition of RoF, I presently have the "Free" version and want to update it to the gift I was given. It will not work by putting in the "Gift Code" because its a License not a gift like an a/c or map.
I'm told to enter profile and then license and add the code there. The only place to enter numbers is in the Gift Box and they state Invalid when entered.

I've purchased a few planes and worry of losing them by starting from scratch, thus losing the planes and settings.

Any help or advise appreciated.

#9 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 23 December 2012 - 20:46

Send an email to rof@777studios.net (they're usually very quick at sorting these problems out, but they won't be in the office over the weekend and the holidays may delay things).

#10 Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Posted 24 May 2015 - 19:15

Wich "Gift" icon? I have went to the "profile" and I can just find the icons for "purchases" "profile" and "license keys". I bought the Nieuport 17GBR as a gift to my friend but I don't know how to send it.

If a bear can be in the artillery, why not in the airforce too?

#11 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 24 May 2015 - 19:28

Wich "Gift" icon? I have went to the "profile" and I can just find the icons for "purchases" "profile" and "license keys". I bought the Nieuport 17GBR as a gift to my friend but I don't know how to send it.

Yes, the store/gifts interface has changed since this was written. 

You can find your gifts in your licence keys tab of your profile, here: http://riseofflight....e/license-keys/ . Look at very bottom.

If your gift is not activated, there should be a "send gift" button next to licence key for your gift. Press it, and you should be able to type in your friends forum nick to send gift directly to him. Can't check how exactly it works, I have no unsent gifts.

The error-free way is to copy the key of your gift, send it to your friend via PM, email or chat, and have him activate it by pasting it in activation window on top of his licence keys page, again here http://riseofflight....e/license-keys/

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#12 JG1_Rall

JG1_Rall

Posted 04 March 2019 - 00:39

Does anyone want to send a free steam gift to me?? I can't afford the dlc on steam..:(

#13 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:51

Which one you want buddy?
siggy-26.png

#14 US103_Doolittle

US103_Doolittle
  • LocationORD

Posted 10 March 2019 - 00:05

Which one you want buddy?

2nd Lt. Talbot, can I be your buddy???  :D

*Ostara is coming up soon

• Sopwith Pup + Modifications  
  • Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter + Modifications
  • Sopwith Triplane + Modifications
  • Nieuport 17 C.1 GBR + Modifications
  • Hanriot HD.1 + Modifications
  • Bristol F2B (F.II) + Modifications
  • Breguet 14.B2 + Modifications  

{50% discount for 6 items, but I'm not the greedy type}

S!

mh4z7l.jpg

#15 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:00

Steam or no?

siggy-26.png

#16 US103_Doolittle

US103_Doolittle
  • LocationORD

Posted 10 March 2019 - 14:47

No Steam...

S!

mh4z7l.jpg

#17 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 10 March 2019 - 18:16

Ah well I got steam and looks like I can only buy through steam. Doesn't let me gift through the traditional ROF store.
siggy-26.png

#18 US103_Doolittle

US103_Doolittle
  • LocationORD

Posted 10 March 2019 - 19:50

Ah well I got steam and looks like I can only buy through steam. Doesn't let me gift through the traditional ROF store.

C'est La Vie, Mon Ami!

I bought a bunch during the 75% off Lunar New Year Sale last month -

Just bought the three Sopwiths + Modifications...

When the Eagle drops it's monthly turd I'll probably buy more -

We can still be buddies...  :icon_e_biggrin:

S!

mh4z7l.jpg

#19 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 10 March 2019 - 21:53

C'est La Vie, Mon Ami!

We can still be buddies...  :icon_e_biggrin:

S!

As long as you're in those entente planes flying for freedom and democratic rule of law!
siggy-26.png

#20 US103_Doolittle

US103_Doolittle
  • LocationORD

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:53

As long as you're in those entente planes flying for freedom and democratic rule of law!

S!

mh4z7l.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users