During the war many two-seaters were flown without defensive weapons. After the war, most aircraft had their guns removed (but still had long service lives). I've often wondered what it would be like to fly RoF unarmed… so I've started sometimes selecting 'empty' for my loadout (and just enjoying the sensation of flight).
Long story short - here is a mod that will:
- visually remove the turret ring and gun
- keep your gunner from standing up… You're gunner is now a passenger
- Place the file in the following directory:
[Your Rise of Flight install]\data\LuaScripts\worldobjects\*.*)
- Remember to select "mods on" in the option menu!
- Delete the file to remove the mod
Give it a try and let me know how it feels…
I've also added some poll options that center around the idea of the civilian in Rise of Flight