Made by NGoro
Dancer personal skin.
RE8_Dancer.zip

Attached Files

69f899eca96d.png

#2 SE_UnrealPie

SE_UnrealPie

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:10

I like it, though it feels far from being finished. I'll hold my vote for now.

#3 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:55

Its a personal skin,so personal choice!
I voted yes.
:S!:

#4 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:08

I am sorry, but I voted no. The scheme isn't bad, but as Unrealpie pointed out, it's far from complete. It looks like it was made with 16-color MSpaint. I don't mean to belittle your efforts, as I gather that skinning is not easy, but I have no choice but to down-vote this.

A couple of suggestions: make the black much less dark and make the red a bit less bright. I don't know much about skinning, but those two problems are clear even to me.

#5 -bbob

-bbob

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:45

Looks horrid, no.

#6 J13Dancer=Rus=

J13Dancer=Rus=

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:10

I am sorry, but I voted no. The scheme isn't bad, but as Unrealpie pointed out, it's far from complete. It looks like it was made with 16-color MSpaint. I don't mean to belittle your efforts, as I gather that skinning is not easy, but I have no choice but to down-vote this.

A couple of suggestions: make the black much less dark and make the red a bit less bright. I don't know much about skinning, but those two problems are clear even to me.
Do not like the skin, or the quality?

#7 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:15

I voted no simply because it doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on just what other than it's BRIGHT red and does not seem to fit. But i bet you'll have fun with it offline. Boy, if colour is figured into AI behavior, they'll see you comeing before you take off. Sorry, no ….

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#8 WWDubya

WWDubya

Posted 16 May 2012 - 00:49

Holding my vote.

Desaturate and darken the reds (not by much, but noticeably), lighten the black, and overall reduce contrast and the skin will look much more polished and ready for vote.

I do like the boldness of the work, however!

#9 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:40

I noticed that your .dds file is smaller than normal. This usually indicates some problem with the way you saved down or converted to the .dds file, often having something to do with not saving the alpha channel properly. There are some threads in the general Skin discussion section of the forum about how to do this, depending upon which image program you're using to make your skins. (see here if you use GIMP: Dicta GIMP - your newbie guide to skinning or… (ENG/DEU) ; or here if you use Photoshop: Basics of the skinning.dds ).

I have extended your poll to give you more time to update your download file. Please do so before your poll closes (or, if it's going to take you more time than that, please edit your first post to extend the poll by a few days to give yourself more time).

Also, please note in your first post when you have updated the download file.

Thanks,

Panther

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#10 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:27

Thread closed as requested by submitter.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users