- - - - -

O_Capt_Maxx's personal DFW C.V Skin

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Capt_Maxx

Capt_Maxx

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:20

Guten Tag!Hello everyone!

Here is my personal DFW C.V Oceanic Skin for approval, for inclusion in ROF.

Download Here

Thank you for votes.

#2 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:28

Yes :) .

:S!:

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#3 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:29

Don't you think it's a bit pretentious and disrespectful to wear a historical combat award on your fictional personal skin?

#4 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:42

Don't you think it's a bit pretentious and disrespectful to wear a historical combat award on your fictional personal skin?
Personally, I don't mind at all.

:S!:

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#5 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:06

Pretentious like your avatar?

#6 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:11

Yes. Muppets are very pretentious. What were you thinking, Imp?

Attached Files

#7 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:16

:)

http://www.urbandict...php?term=muppet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.urbandict...php?term=muppet

#8 Capt_Maxx

Capt_Maxx

Posted 03 April 2012 - 20:19

ImPeRaTor AKA: hq_Imp,

Really no different than you placing “The mad Halberstadter” (der tolle Halberstadter), or “the mad Christian,” on your DFW C.V skin and likening yourself to Christian the Younger, German Christian der Jüngere (born Sept. 20, 1599, Gröningen, Bishopric of Halberstadt [Germany]—died June 16, 1626, Wolfenbüttel, Lower Saxony), duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg-Wolfenbüttel, Protestant military commander, and soldier of fortune during the early part of the Thirty Years’ War (1618–48), who made his reputation predominantly through his wholesale plundering and burning. Or maybe you were liking yourself to his unruly disposition.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your stepping forward out of the shadows and providing constructive criticism. Most dissenters prefer to remain anonymous rather than provide their reasoning which might have a valid basis. However, I disagree with your suggestion that this is in anyway pretentious or disrespectful. So, we will have to agree to disagree! ~S~

#9 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:48

Nice to see somebody got the reference. It was actually not my idea and it is primarily a reference to the fact that the aircraft was built by the Halberstädter Flugzeugwerke. However I have to concede that you have a tiny bit of a point, well played :D

But I accept your proposal to agree to disagree :)

P.S. I did not actually vote on your skin, neither for nor against it

#10 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 06 April 2012 - 19:10

Voted no. It doesn't have proper markings, it looks silly, and it's terribly pretentious to put medals all over your plane.

Tasteless.

#11 Capt_Maxx

Capt_Maxx

Posted 07 April 2012 - 00:28

ImPeRaToR AKA: hq_Imp,

I appreciate your acknowledging my point if only a tiny bit, most people would not. The forum indicates fictional skins and like your signature saying in Latin "It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, but because we do not dare, things are difficult." So I want to do something unique that hadn't been tried knowing some people might not care for it. You should know that my Family Crest contains a Maltese Cross, my email is blue-maxx and my family Motto is "To lead but never yield". Therefore, the items I placed on the skin have importance to me. It was nice to hear from you and I do hear what your saying but view the situation differently. Thank you for your additional post.

#12 Sherman7

Sherman7

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:19

Beautiful colors. Blue and gold always catch my eye. My positive vote is in. (Even with the "pimped out" wheels.)
Is the shading modeled in, or is that a graphics affect?

#13 Capt_Maxx

Capt_Maxx

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:47

Sherman7,
Thank you for the compliment! I did a shading layer over the wheel hubs and Blue Max.

#14 O_Mollusc

O_Mollusc

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:53

I am a squad mate of O_Captain Maxx, but feel entitled to express an opinion: to me, the (mostly blue) Blue Max skin is a cheerful visual pun on his ROF name, and thus appropriate for Hauptmann Maxx to be flying.

#15 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 24 April 2012 - 23:50

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users