Photo
- - - - -

Buttkicker Gamer2

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 Rivfader

Rivfader

Posted 14 August 2012 - 20:19

yes I use the onboard sound, what sound card you would suggest? I have no free PCIe slots. I use stereo headphones.

edit: Oh and I had a general question about bkg2 in ROF , any vibrations when engines are idling? And when you are taxiing/ taking off / landing, does it vibrates?? thanks :D

#82 der_zahn

der_zahn

Posted 14 August 2012 - 22:14

They still make some pretty good regular PCI sound cards, such as the Asus Sonar. I would check newegg or amazon and look at the customer reviews. This one is only 30 American dollars, and seems to have pretty positive feedback. Amazon Sound Card.

I am using an older Sound Blaster x-fi extreme music and it sounds really nice. Much better with the headphones I use than the Realtek HD sound on my motherboard.

The lower the frequency the more it vibrates, so yes idling gives a real good feedback as does sticking your head out the side of the cockpit while flying. You will feel the wheels touch down, and machine guns firing. Flax bursts are awesome and probably the best feature.

#83 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 14 August 2012 - 22:24

I have the sound blaster Xfi as well. Love the card. Great sound, and worth the investment for everything sound related on the pc.

The BKG2 is also terrific for movies, youtube, other games, and music.
I've been watching the YouTube version of the 16 part BBC series on the great war, and when they show the guns, the bkg2 kicks in. Very glad I acquired it.

#84 Rivfader

Rivfader

Posted 14 August 2012 - 22:57

Ok guys thanks, I'll look for those sound cards in the 25-30 dollars range. I can't wait to test mine ( will clamp on an office chair) Man those flak bursts are gonna come alive!!!!!!!

edit : Ok I got the ASUS one 15$ lol. Seems like it will improve from onboard audio. Thanks for the help!

#85 der_zahn

der_zahn

Posted 14 August 2012 - 23:14

You are welcome. :S!:

I agree with what BroadSide said, it really makes everything better.

Expect to have a big smile on your face no matter what you are using the BK for.

#86 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:26

Heh! Yes, it's impossible to stifle an ear to ear grin when the BK goes off for the first time (particularly with the flak burst). :D

#87 Scott_Steiner

Scott_Steiner
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:35

It's funny that you don't have a 5.1 with your onboard soundc Rivfader. Most motherboards for the last billion years have been shipping with Realtek units and these have been 5.1 compatible with plenty of jacks on the back for a very long time.

No worries though, you can't go wrong with a decent dedicated soundcard and if you got a card for $15, I would say that is a small and worry free investment to get a buttkicker running properly.

#88 Crash_Moses

Crash_Moses

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:55

For anyone interested…the Buttkicker Gamer 2 is back in stock at Amazon. Not as cheap as originally mentioned ($140 US). I really like it.

#89 O_Rod

O_Rod
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 September 2012 - 21:54

Guys,
looking for some assistance here.
I got the Buttkicker Gamer and my sound set up is Creative Fataliy titanium connected to the Logitech 5.1 Speakers.
My drama's that I see a few have had but someone may have figured out the solutions.
I set the Buttkicker as described in the setup card but I was getting nothing from it even with the Sub turned to max.
I know it works because when I go into the soundcard properties and click the sub to test it it nearly throws me out of the chair.
I swapped the output from the Sub out to Front out and it rattles along nicely, albeit always rattling really, not quite the effect I was expecting.
How do I improve the effects in RoF while getting it from the Sub Channel.?
the other problem is the old USB headset. Anyone have any luck getting the BK to work as well as the USB Headset? or how can I change the settings to have Speaker sound for game, headset sound for teamspeak?
Cheers
Rod

Vitae elit Brevior

#90 Rockin-Rollin

Rockin-Rollin
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 December 2012 - 14:52

Howdy All,

I've had a BK for a couple years now and thinks its great. After u play with it for a while u get so used to it if it cuts off for some reason you miss it right away. I use a sounblaster X-Fi with a splitter on green plug. one line to headphones,one like to BK. Seems to work fine for me and i have to turn down the BK volume { + and _ buttons,not high cutoff freaq } quite low to get little red light to stay off most of time. I have headphones that give simulated 3-d sound, $35.00 plantronics gamer, that I need for my trakIr 5 proclip anyway. All planes have a differant vibration to them since engines sounds are differant. I feel the rummble of the ground when taking off or landing. Flack is piss ur pants scary when close. All good fun!
You guys who dont want a office chair look into other BK units that cost more { Have More power } and mount on a pad that you simply put under the chair leg. I use the dreaded office chair, but it has armrests. Works for me because seat hieght is adjustable, and swivels to see the t.v. when im waiting for battle. Carpet under chair gives enough resistance that chair does not move with pedals, and i play rough enough to rip joystick out of mount in middle of fight. If you go with a car seat, something i have thought much about, you will still have to rig up someway of connecting the BK . and mount the whole unit to floor so u can slide back and forth on chair rails, Hope you have very understanding wife!
To sum it up, BK is nice to have but not as important as a HOTAS setup or TrakIr. If you have the extra cash. Whats that? Go for it.

#91 Scott_Steiner

Scott_Steiner
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:28

I just got one last week and am enjoying it myself. One thing I must ask though, does it not work much when you look behind you and your rear satellite speakers are the ones making the engine noises?

I run it to a 5.1 system out of a SB X-Fi on the center/sub channel with the splitter cable. Works great when looking forward but when looking at your 6 and the engines and stuff in front is all in the rear speakers it quits. I guess this means the subwoofer also dies down too, I guess I had never known this before in ROF (I'm thinking a lot of games do this probably) but I am sure it has always been there.

I could see running some kind of massive splitter so besides the center/sub channel, the rear speakers also get looped to the buttkicker and it just picks up everything that is below 40hz. Might be something to think about if I can not figure out how to get the sounds to stay when looking back.

All in all it is great fun and definitely adds to the immersion. I have it clamped to the steel tubing underneath my Obutto Ozone and it works great that way.

#92 neuro

neuro

Posted 06 January 2013 - 16:44

OK, here's my 2 cents after a few months using BK2: wasted money. I'm still using it because… I have it, and it works, but if I had tried it beforehands, I would have invested my $120 in beer instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users