Photo
- - - - -

Remove oil effect

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 11 July 2012 - 00:19

I cannot see how oil will blow over you when your engine seizes from incorrect mixture etc A hit to your prop triggers the oil. We need hit boxes on the engine for this to work properly. A hit in the top of the engine may throw oil but should also eject steam in your face if a water chamber is hit but a hit in the sump should not. Radial engines dont have oil in them so how can it spew out oil. Its mixed with the fuel. unless it a hit on the castor oil tank and even then the cowl should stop most of it and direct it downwards

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#42 Strykar

Strykar

Posted 15 September 2012 - 17:39

The oil effect is ok, if only it wouldn't completely cover the goggles so much. If the oil would leave a clear spot directly in front, i.e. you could see your gunsight (I have seen this effect often), you would still get the indication of engine damage and be able to see to rtb or emergency land. One thing that does bother me though, how do you get oil on goggles in first place? You have a windshield that should divert the air flow over your head, yes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users