- - - - -

Stuttering after patch

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#41 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:03

I completely agree with that suggestion. There's no need to calculate and render shadow volumes on other aircraft, altho I would still like for them to cast a shadow on the ground (useful when tracking enemy in dogfight).

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

http://quetoo.org

#42 Philski24

Philski24

Posted 11 September 2009 - 21:01

Antialiasing works great on my rig, anisotropic filtering seems to have problems though as it is the reason for the shimmering at low angles.

got screens? id love to see that.

ive been looking back through the NeoQB screens and none of them have any AA in the distance… or on the planes really…

#43 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 11 September 2009 - 21:24

TVDRI I never said its a fix I said I think I found whats causing it. I could not even play mine before it stuttered so bad

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#44 ThomasH

ThomasH

Posted 11 September 2009 - 22:29

Attached File  2009_9_11__23_2_4.JPG   113.19KB   310 downloads

#45 ThomasH

ThomasH

Posted 11 September 2009 - 22:31

Attached File  2009_9_11__23_3_59.JPG   114.96KB   297 downloads

#46 ThomasH

ThomasH

Posted 11 September 2009 - 22:36

I force 4x aa & multisampling transparency aa through the nvidia controlpanel…

#47 ThomasH

ThomasH

Posted 11 September 2009 - 22:54

The shimmering at a distance is caused by lack of anisotropic filtering. If AF worked and you could use all 16 mipmap levels the problem would be nonexistant…

#48 Philski24

Philski24

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:37

what are your other settings, im interested in trying them out to see if they work for me..

#49 ThomasH

ThomasH

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:50

Nothing fancy here;

AF - Program controlled (doesn't work properly anyway)
AA - Force 4x (not enhance)
Transparency AA - Multisampling
Prerendering - 1 (reduce input lag)
Texture filtering - Highest (got a swedish cp :-))
Texture filtering - Clamp
Triple buffering - Off
Threaded optimization - On
V.sync - On

These are the essential stuff you could look into. When AF finally will work properly, transparency aa could potentially be a "bridge to far" for my mid end rig :-)

Good luck
Thomas

#50 Philski24

Philski24

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:05

no joy, didnt work.. im thinking that its because you are running at a much lower resolution than i am. i have RoF on my laptop and have no issues with the AA "not working"

#51 ThomasH

ThomasH

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:37

That doesn't make sense. With 1680x1050 on my 22", I should be the one with jaggies

#52 Philski24

Philski24

Posted 13 September 2009 - 15:04

i know… nothing about the graphical setup about this game makes sence to me. its frustrating.

#53 J2_Enth

J2_Enth

Posted 16 September 2009 - 00:51

I'm finding that after installing the latest GeForce/Ion drivers (190.62), my frame rate has improved dramatically, and I no longer get the stuttering issue over the No-Man's land during Dogfights and running missions.

I have a GeForce 295 card, and can now run everything again at maximum settings.

#54 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:45

I have the same drivers and GTX 275 and I still have stutters…with the same card adn drivers before the patch everything was smooth and I had more FPS

#55 The_ant

The_ant

Posted 16 September 2009 - 17:21

Salute All!

Hi i think the stuttering is graphic card related,i used to play on a nvidia 8800gtx 768mb with major stuttering on every setting i would try.
Today i bought a new ati radeon 4890 1 gb ram.
And the stuttering is gone completely.Can now play in max settings in 1680*1050,have flown 6 n17 campaign missions,most off them were over the front,and had at most in one mission 5 n17 and 4 spad-13 on our side,against 4 albatros-d5 and 3 aeg4 recon planes in one big dogfight.No stutter and it was just awsome.

#56 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:06

So we all going to have to spend a $1000.00 to upgrade our PC so we can then maybe play this crappy game which cost me a $100. already, dont think so I believe NEo NOOPs have bitten of more than the can chew. They should take a look at Battle of britain wings of glory to see how a good sim should work

Attached Files

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#57 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:09

Salute All!

Hi i think the stuttering is graphic card related,i used to play on a nvidia 8800gtx 768mb with major stuttering on every setting i would try.
And the stuttering is gone completely.Can now play in max settings in 1680*1050,have flown 6 n17 campaign missions,most off them were over the front,and had at most in one mission 5 n17 and 4 spad-13 on our side,against 4 albatros-d5 and 3 aeg4 recon planes in one big dogfight.No stutter and it was just awsome.

you are completely wrong….did you saw topic "guys with stutering post your spec"? Most of the folks with stuttering issue hav a powerful cards like GTX 275, GTx 285 and even 295 and sli systems….stuttering does not have any relation to hardware…and as I said a million times before…before the patch everything was smoother and musch faster (all maxed out in settings)..without stutters…

#58 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:51

I haven't read all the previous posts in this thread, but isn't the stuttering isue related to certain missions only? In my case this is definately so. I make missions myself and in one of them my framerate was suffering from "stuttering". I changed something in the mission (it was a copy from another mission), I believe I deleted a column of vehicles somewhere, and the stuttering was gone. This led me to believe the stuttering was/is related to how the mission was created and how/which resources it uses.
I have created complex missions with lots of aircraft and no stuttering. Yesterday I flew online in "Dogfight over Arras" server and I had lots of stutters, in fact the game was almost unplayable…

#59 The_ant

The_ant

Posted 17 September 2009 - 13:37

Salute All!

you are completely wrong….did you saw topic "guys with stutering post your spec"? Most of the folks with stuttering issue hav a powerful cards like GTX 275, GTx 285 and even 295 and sli systems….stuttering does not have any relation to hardware…and as I said a million times before…before the patch everything was smoother and musch faster (all maxed out in settings)..without stutters…

salute!

Did you read what i wrote.I think its graphic card related, i used to have a nvidia card,and the game was unplayable.When i changed too a Radeon the problem was gonne.the graphic cards you name are nvidia cards.

#60 MattM

MattM

Posted 17 September 2009 - 15:33

Well, from what i read here it seems that the majority of people who experience this problem indeed have NVIDIA cards, so The_ant does have a point.

They probably fixed something in the last patch that now produces problems with NVIDIA cards.

#61 Del-Dredd

Del-Dredd

Posted 17 September 2009 - 19:05

There are a few in the post your spec thread who are using ATI cards, so its not just Nvidia.

I use a 4890HD 1Gb with no problems.

The problem they have in finding the issue, is that there does not seem to be one specific setup that is suffering.

Hope they get it sorted soon though, for those afflicted.

Del

#62 wooby

wooby

Posted 21 September 2009 - 23:10

Since the patch, I get random red pixel flashes, and a slight stutter

Intel 2.8 dual core
ATI 4850 1g video card
8g memory
Windows Vista

#63 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:31

Hi all,
I tried a new slant on trying too get this game working for me. I believe the problem is with the grahic card driver. I reinstalled an old Nvidia driver and the game is playing okay with everthing on high except landscape on MEDium. I have a gf 8800gts 512 mem card. The driver I used is the 185.85 driver from NVIDIA you have to go back and look for it in their driver files. Hope this helds some as I have not been able to play this game till now.

#64 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 23 September 2009 - 10:45

I only see stuttering (tho plenty of it, mind you) when other aircraft are in the air. The game runs significantly better on the Take Off or even Ground Attack missions. However, even in just the Roulette missions (1 AI aircraft), the stuttering quickly crops up and is extremely noticeable. So it's either a problem rendering other aircraft (unlikely, since the game has no problem rendering mine in any views), or with the AI code. In fact, come to think of it, in multiplayer when there are no AI controlled planes present, I don't think I've experienced stuttering.

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

http://quetoo.org

#65 Potenz

Potenz

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:50

Well in a back to back test with one of my squad mate, and problaby the only two guys in argentina that owns RoF, we found that stuttering is probably related to Vcard manofacturer, as we have almost the same computer, but he have a Ati4890 and i have a 9800GTX+ he don't suffer from stuttering that much and for me sometime the game is unplayable, even if i tuned down to 29% memory usage.

Potz

#66 IM.LOFT

IM.LOFT

Posted 23 September 2009 - 13:03

Well in a back to back test with one of my squad mate, and problaby the only two guys in argentina that owns RoF, we found that stuttering is probably related to Vcard manofacturer, as we have almost the same computer, but he have a Ati4890 and i have a 9800GTX+ he don't suffer from stuttering that much and for me sometime the game is unplayable, even if i tuned down to 29% memory usage.

Potz

:( We try to find anything that can solve problem. We can`t find thise problem at ofice. Any inforamtion useful.

#67 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 23 September 2009 - 13:07

I only see stuttering (tho plenty of it, mind you) when other aircraft are in the air. The game runs significantly better on the Take Off or even Ground Attack missions. However, even in just the Roulette missions (1 AI aircraft), the stuttering quickly crops up and is extremely noticeable. So it's either a problem rendering other aircraft (unlikely, since the game has no problem rendering mine in any views), or with the AI code. In fact, come to think of it, in multiplayer when there are no AI controlled planes present, I don't think I've experienced stuttering.

I have stutters both online and offline…I tried with upgrading my sound card from audigy SE to X-Fi gamer but nothing changed…also tried with fresh install and with older drivers…nothing…tried without trackir but again no change….really strange…before the 1006 patch everything was smooth….I know that neoqb guys did something regarding performance tunning (with icons on)…maybe they changed something…

@Loft - just advice…start with the changes you made in 1006 patch…..most of us got stutters ONLY after that update….

#68 IM.LOFT

IM.LOFT

Posted 23 September 2009 - 13:58

@Loft - just advice…start with the changes you made in 1006 patch…..most of us got stutters ONLY after that update….

Ofcourse we understand. But nothing. We bought some new hardware in ofice, now wait for delivers. I hope problems there. We continue to seek ways to help those who have problems.

#69 inferno-canada

inferno-canada

Posted 23 September 2009 - 14:26

Thanks for your hard work. Hope you can find out what is wrong soon.
BTW, It seems only happen on High end device. It works very well on my system with
Q6600 and N8800GT…

#70 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 23 September 2009 - 14:44

EDIT: tried with onboard realtek hd audio sound and stutters gone but the game is still not smooth as before the patch and my trackir is not sluggish….

Is this still true? Seems like classical IRQ problem. What motherboard do you have? Have you checked IRQ table for sharing conflicts? (yes, it is still a problem with nowadays computers). If you have Asus mainboard, you can look at manual, Asus always gives IRQ table in manual.

#71 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 23 September 2009 - 21:08

stutters are manifesting like fast slideshow on my rig (on 1vs1 offline missions and online when Im above no mans land or near….) Its random and after that everything is ok for a few sec…then again stutters…also my trackir is more sluggish than before 1006 patch (tried with tuning trackir soft but nothing)…in fact ROF was really fast and smooth before last patch…really strange

my DXDIAG:

http://rapidshare.co...3905/DxDiag.txt">http://rapidshare.co...3905/DxDiag.txt

#72 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 23 September 2009 - 21:46

Hi all as I said its worth atry to roll back your driver and install an older version and see if it helps you can always reinstall the latest driver again

#73 Kwiatek

Kwiatek

Posted 23 September 2009 - 21:53

After patch 1.006 i got such problems which was less or no before:

- over front line there are less FPS about even 10 fps

- Freetrack ( Track IR) look around in cocpit is not such smoothing like before

- there are more stutters ( micro pauses) - expecially when enemy planes firstly closing to me

- there are game crashes (CTD) with memory error ( before it not happend)

I have:

Intel Core2Duo 3.0ghz
Mainboard Asus P5KC
RAM 4Gb DDR2
Nvidia 8800GT 512 RAM, nvidia drivers 186.16
Realtek Sound integrated with motherboard
Freetrack 2.1
Saitek Evo Force Joystick
System WinXP 32-bit

Setting in game: mostly low to medium settings only trees and textures at HIGH , memory usage 33%.

#74 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 23 September 2009 - 22:20

Hi all as I said its worth atry to roll back your driver and install an older version and see if it helps you can always reinstall the latest driver again

yes i tried the 182.50 and 186..nothing….tried with different OS-es…tried with all kinds of settings….even upgraded my sound card…nothing…..

@Kwiatek - exactly the same problems I have after the last patch, but i have a micro stutters online also…

#75 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 23 September 2009 - 23:25

Hi guys just flew a stint in ROF and engaged 5 emeny planes over the trenches and no stuttering.
As I said in previos post it looks like it is the video card drivers. I installed an older version Nvidia 185.85 driver, and I now came say its a game and it looks great. I hope this works for all of you who are having issues. Its worth giving it a go all setting on high except texture on medium AA on 2 no post effects yet
Cheers Von Depner

#76 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 23 September 2009 - 23:50

Hi all sorry that landscape on medium I just tried it now with post on and a slight bit of stutter but not not enoungh to affect the game.

#77 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:29

Hi guys just flew a stint in ROF and engaged 5 emeny planes over the trenches and no stuttering.
As I said in previos post it looks like it is the video card drivers. I installed an older version Nvidia 185.85 driver, and I now came say its a game and it looks great. I hope this works for all of you who are having issues. Its worth giving it a go all setting on high except texture on medium AA on 2 no post effects yet
Cheers Von Depner

its the video card for you…not for me since I tried with numerouis versions of drivers…

#78 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 24 September 2009 - 18:39

my ROF CPU LOAD history :shock:

http://img84.imagesh.../rofcpuload.gif">http://img84.imagesh.../rofcpuload.gif

image is quite big (but small in kb) so i provided only a link….

#79 Kwiatek

Kwiatek

Posted 24 September 2009 - 21:34

I change graphic drviers from last ones ( 186.18) to the odlers ( 170.40) which i used some time before. I notice better general performance. Last drivers for Nvidia are not the best for oldest card like 8800 GT. I notice it in e.x. Il2 Sturmovik where i got very noticable fps drop with newest drivers expecially with clouds. With the oldest one i have nearly no fps drop with clouds.

Backing to ROF with the oldest drivers ( nvidia 170.40) i got such notices:

- some online missions work very good i got stable 40-60 fps and Freetrack work good expecially when is not big fps drop during looking around ( -+ 10 fps)

- in some mission i have initialy good fps 50-60 then after a few minutes i got drop for 30-40 fps and noticalbe worse working Freetrack ( these is not overheat issue i checked it)

- always during online mission when enemy is close i got a few pauses - something like was loading enemy planes to memory - it works like early warning radar

#80 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:19

Why do people play around with drivers, and add-on graphics performance programs to fix a problem that has nothing to do with their hardware or software? :? The problem is not been caused by the latest vid drivers, nor is it your graphics settings in game, or your settings in NCP or Catalyst. Trying to fix it really is a waist of time, and rolling back drivers isnt the answer, because some of our other newer games performance will suffer because of it. They been "ROF" have admitted there is a problem, and should have it fixed next patch..COUGH…COUGH.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users