Photo
- - - - -

Stuttering after patch

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#1 RichardG

RichardG

Posted 02 September 2009 - 18:18

Game is stuttering much worse after patch. Sometimes dogfight is impossible.

I suspect it has something to do with texture loading.

#2 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 02 September 2009 - 22:29

agh Im not the only one….i have the same stuttering, it is even worse above battlefield…in the same mission and every other mission before the patch my game was smooth….Im so sad now…really….
my spec:

i7 920@3,3Ghz
GTX 275 with latest nvidia drivers
4GIGS of RAM
Win 7 RTM
Trackir 4 pro with v5 software

#3 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 02 September 2009 - 22:42

Do you guys have AA ingame option selected? If so does the problem still exist with AA off?

yedwwtfx.gif

#4 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 02 September 2009 - 23:41

yes but less….stutters are happening almost always after changing from flyby view to cockpit view…

#5 =IRFC=CpDarling

=IRFC=CpDarling

Posted 03 September 2009 - 00:44

Your not the only ones .I,ve noticed it too .Was nice and smooth before for me .Funny how its only affecting a few of us .Maybe its something we have in common .
Q9550 @ 3.4
Nvidia gtx 285
Win 7 64

#6 =IRFC=CpDarling

=IRFC=CpDarling

Posted 03 September 2009 - 00:46

Oh and Trackir 4 with v5 software too :?

#7 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:27

I have found it much smoother, faster FPS and no stuttering since the patch - I am using TIR4 but not the latest TIR5 drivers.

#8 =MR.FOX=

=MR.FOX=

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:33

I for one have a weird problem. FPS didn't increase, and with AA on, it looked like the ground was wavy, like a hot day with the heat radiating from the ground. I read the post here, and turned off AA, and FPS jumped from an avg 15-30 to an avg 30-45. and that is great! EXCEPT! now the planes look all choppy due to not having AA turned on? anyone got a fix?

#9 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:43

i think thers nothing to do with trackir since i tried without trackir and got stutters again….are you guys all using win 7?

#10 Damocles

Damocles

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:53

Stuttering here as well.

Win 7 64 bit
6 meg ram
GeForce 280 (190.62)

All settings high, 8x AF, 4x AA
No post effects

#11 Slick

Slick

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:19

Stuttering for me too, using win 7. tried uninstalling, reinstalling, changing graphic settings etc but still no good. dont know what to do now.

#12 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 03 September 2009 - 13:16

interesting….one guy from simhq runs XP and i7 and hav stutters…it seams its not the cpu or os or trackir or drivers that causing slowdowns and stutters after teh patch…it is something else…..but what?

really strange at least

this is really frustrating….before the patch i bought all the planes and now alb III is here but NOW I cant play…. :evil:

#13 RichardG

RichardG

Posted 03 September 2009 - 14:47

I have eliminated most stuttering.

I forced 4XAA through the Nvidea control panel, instead of the ingame AA setting, which I turned off.

This causes more "shimmer" in the horizon, but the game is playable.

Still some stutter when flying near ground vehicles.

#14 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 03 September 2009 - 15:46

I have considerable stutter, too. And get this:

AMD Athlon X2 5200+ @ 2.6GHz
4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR800
Asus NVidia GeForce GTX 295
Matrox TripleHead2Go DE, 5040x1050 resolution

Last night, I reinstalled Windows XP SP3 from scratch. I then installed ROF, TrackIR, and basically nothing else (Okay, Firefox). The game runs like ass even with the lowest quality settings. I realize my system is maybe a *little* CPU bound, but I do have a quad core processor on order which will arrive next Tuesday.

I just can't believe that this game runs like crap on a vanilla XP install and a high-end system. It's bogus.

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

http://quetoo.org

#15 ordway

ordway

Posted 03 September 2009 - 16:51

My rig is now stuttering worse after the Sept 1 patch too.

Intel quad 2.66 Gz
XP pro.
GEFORCE 7950 GT
"current display mode" (32 bit) 1024x768 60Hz
2Gigs RAM
Phoenix award bios v 6.0
Track IR3

#16 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 03 September 2009 - 17:10

Power management? New motherboards can variate power supply to CPU and other components depending on load. It is different thing then CPU states or throttling as it is done on motherboard level. MSI calls it APS, Asus - EPU and other vendors use other names. Consult the manual and check if your motherboard has such feature; and try disabling it. I have stutters in IL2 because of this (If I look at sea and then look at city with planes over it, APS lags a little and I get 0.5s stutter). However, if you get constant long stutters, then power saving can't be blamed.

#17 deano

deano

Posted 03 September 2009 - 22:23

Yup!it was smooth sailing before the patch,now got the stutters…&sound went random,latest x-fi drvers solved the sound.
Graphics;Tried latest nvidia driver;no joy..Does nvidia bother making updates for driver issues with flight sims?hmmmm….
Looks like we will be waiting a while;before most issues are solved for most of us!Got to be patient with neoqb;they've brought us something we waited a long time for.There team (on the credits )is hefty;look at all the unresolved bugs aces didn't fix in cfs3(massive letdown) & fsx(Quiet good) and that was a giant team!Good graphics engine in rise and planes that feel right to fly…

Question.:is rise of flight running on a version of il2/1946,by that i mean the core engine ????That stuttered if you overclocked parts of your pc.I'll look into this issue…
Amd64/3.1ghzdual core not overclocked…
gtx260 extreme+
2gb ram

#18 Rook95

Rook95

Posted 03 September 2009 - 23:30

Add me to the list of stutterer's post patch, though I only seem to get them briefly enroute to primary target, perhaps when objects are loading? I have no issue any other time, furballs with flak is still fun (except for ai collisions). But I was running smooth (60 fps capped for the most part), maxed out setting out of the box prepatch, perhaps my rig is just displaying precombat jitters :lol:

I run win 7 x64 8GB, on a AMD 940 Quad and a 4890 1GB card if thats of any interest/use.

Also using TIR5 with 5.0b software with no issue pre or post patch.

Regards

Rook

#19 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 04 September 2009 - 20:32

I did a fresh install with win XP sp3 and stutters and slowdowns are still there….also tried with medium graphic settings in the game….tried with low sound quality..nothing changed….I can see now that more and more ppl are comin to ROF site with stuttering issue….I hope they willl fix that for us who are so "lucky" after the last patch…

:cry:

#20 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:14

I can remember that some folks had problems with stuttering in IL2 and that was sound related….
…I have onborad sound Realtek ALC888 (HD)…I will try to disable audigy and to enable onboard to see what I will achive (ofcourse Ill take the lastest drivers)…then I will report here…

what sound cards do you have guys? Any of you have some of the better sound card like xfi gamer or similar?

EDIT: tried with onboard realtek hd audio sound and stutters gone but the game is still not smooth as before the patch and my trackir is not sluggish….

see you

#21 =IRFC=CpDarling

=IRFC=CpDarling

Posted 05 September 2009 - 13:43

Im using the realtek hd onboard audio and my setup hasnt changed since before the last patch

#22 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 05 September 2009 - 14:52

strange it seams that i have less stuttering online….only 2-3 short stutter…and trackir is less sluggish….but i think it could be a sound related thing…I wonder if some of the guys experiencing stutters got any of the stronger audio cards..on ex. x-fi gamer or such

#23 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 06 September 2009 - 00:03

Hi Guys sad to say what could have been a great sim will be comfined to the great sim scraphead. Its unplayabe on my machine stutering in dogfights is terrible. I not going to waste much more time with it anymore A waste of money. Loading times shocking I do not believe you will survive if you do not do something quick. Machime specs
Dual core 2,4 cpu Video card Nididea 8800gt 2 gigs ram.

Depner

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#24 XE

XE

Posted 07 September 2009 - 19:54

For the record. Maybe can help somebody.

I was suffering hvy stutter before and after the patch. Tried lots off settings… finally activated "run as administrator in trackir" and 90% stutters gone lol.

My settings
E8400
8800GTX
4gb ddr3
trackir 4 with clippro. Trackirv5 software
hotas cougar
W7 Ult 64.

S!

#25 dave66

dave66

Posted 08 September 2009 - 18:34

Mine still stutters :evil:

Dual Core E8400 @ 3,0 Ghz
9800 GTX+
4 Gigs RAM
Win Vista 32 Bit
1200X960 Pretty much EVERYTHING on low settings

#26 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 08 September 2009 - 19:32

forcing nvidia AA and AF over the games AA and AF helped a bit…but not much…also it seams that ROF has problem with trackir proper function…also someone mentioned that trueview is better to be off for ROF in trackir settngs…dunno what to say…
As they said they changed someting to fix drop of performance with icons ON but they messed up something else…

Ill take a break till next patch….then I will decide…ARMA2 here I come…

bye

#27 rindal

rindal

Posted 09 September 2009 - 17:26

My fps got a lift with the new patch, now Im flying with 40-50. Funny thing is: When Im flying usermade missions the fps is reduced to 15 - 25 and the stuttering begins. Any suggestions?

#28 =IRFC=AirBiscuit

=IRFC=AirBiscuit
  • LocationNaples, FL USA

Posted 09 September 2009 - 18:41

I upgraded to a Phenom 9950 (quad core @ 2.6ghz) yesterday. The game runs better, but it still has frequent stutters and skips. F this.

=IRFC=Air Biscuit

http://quetoo.org

#29 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 09 September 2009 - 20:38

I spent a 100 bucks for this game and purchased all additional planes….I WILL TELL YOU NOW….IF THEY DONT FIX THIS I WILL THROW ROF TO TRASH AND ONE OF MY GREATEST DREAMS IS GONE….SOMEONE WILL SAY: ITS ONLY A GAME…BUT ITS NOT, FOR US TRUE SIM FANS…..ITS OUR HOBBY..IF NEOQB THINKS ONLY FEW OF US HAS PROBLEMS…LET IT BE….THEY ARE DESTINED FOR OBLIVION AND THEY WILL GO TO HISTORY!

this is my last post here…I dont care anymore….I dont have a problem with ARMA 2 or any other game regarding overall performance or trackir performance…because those games are correctly programmed and optimised

goodbye f a

#30 Damocles

Damocles

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:21

See you soon then. ;)

#31 papabear

papabear

Posted 10 September 2009 - 18:44

I started out with flight sims on Red Baron 3D. WWI aviation is my passion. I watched this sim's progress eagerly, waiting for it to be completed. I have been patient while the various patches have been rolled out. I believe these guys really care about their product and about the community. But that said, it is almost un playable. I have a dual core E6850 @ 3.00GHz, 2812RAM and GeForce GTX 275 SLI. While not the state of the art, this should be able to run this game just fine. But the stutters, looooong loading times, not to mention the rigid multiplayer structure, makes most of my encounters with RoF an exercise in frustration management. I will try again in a few months. Hopefully many of the issues that hamper the sime's enjoyment will be resolved by then.

#32 Herodotus

Herodotus
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 September 2009 - 20:11

The stutters and camera gltiches are beyond annoying now. I use "Empire Total War" as a benchmark for performance, and I play that on Ultra settings with no FPS drop (and it is a beastly system hog). Also the disappearance of my own plane icon from the inflight map is a major glitch for me, I don't know about anyone else.
As usual, no response from Neoqb. Rapidly losing patience with this product, which showed so much promise, and still could. But the lack of developer support/response is unnerving. Won't spend any more cash on planes until all problems are fixed, as it just might be money wasted on a game that may soon be unplayable. Back to DCS Black Shark for me.

#33 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 10 September 2009 - 23:30

Hi All I think I found the stutter problem. Its definatly a video card issue. I went into my Nvidia control panel and them to manage 3d setting , program settings and turn on all to highest setting for rise of flight and game is playable again hope this helps . Still only useing low settings will try higher later
Cheers Vo Depner

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#34 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 10 September 2009 - 23:43

Hi Vondepner, could you please expand on this explanation, like what are your actual settings one by one in your nvidia control panel..Thanks

#35 Philski24

Philski24

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:26

The stutters and camera gltiches are beyond annoying now. I use "Empire Total War" as a benchmark for performance, and I play that on Ultra settings with no FPS drop (and it is a beastly system hog). Also the disappearance of my own plane icon from the inflight map is a major glitch for me, I don't know about anyone else.
As usual, no response from Neoqb. Rapidly losing patience with this product, which showed so much promise, and still could. But the lack of developer support/response is unnerving. Won't spend any more cash on planes until all problems are fixed, as it just might be money wasted on a game that may soon be unplayable. Back to DCS Black Shark for me.

I agree, tho for me its not so much the stuttering but the complete lack of any AA in the program…and what annoys me most is that i have First Eagles on my system as well, and on 16AS and SLI32AA it still runs more fluidly and looks better than RoF- with its supposed AA checked on… no silly jaggies all over in FE… and this from a product that really isnt that new or wasnt meant to be a serious sim (mind you i have texture mods in place).

wheres the fix for that?

#36 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:53

Herbs The settings are

Antialiasing gamma setting … ON
Antialiasing mode …. Enhance the app settings
Antialiasing transparancy …. mutisampling
conformant texture clamp….use hardware
Extention limit ….On
max prerenderd frames….8
multi display mixed gpu acelleration … single display preformamce
texture filter… on
texture filter …allow
texture filter quality …preformance
threaded optimisation …on
tripple buffering …on
Vertical sync ….force on

Hope this helpes guys

#37 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:01

Thanks VonDepner, i am currently using the below settings, and its stuttering, so i will give the settings you are using ago.My fingers are crossed!!!

Nvidia Control Panel
Physx: Disabled
Ambient Occlusion: Off
AF: 16X
AA Gamma: Off
AA Mode: Override
AA: 8X
AA Transparency: Multi
Conformant Texture Clamp: Use Hardware
Error Reporting: Off
Extension Limit: Off
Max Pre-Rendered Frames: 3
Multi Display/Mixed Gpu: Single
Power Management: Prefer Maximum
Texture Filtering-AA Sample: Off
Texture Filtering-Negative Lod: Clamp
Texture Filtering Quality: Quality
Texture Filtering-Trilenear: On
Threaded Optimization: Auto
Triple Buffering: On
Vertical Sync: Force On

ROF
Resolution: 1900x1200
Landscape: High
Grass: High
Trees: High
Shadows: High
Reflection: High
Textures: High
Filter: High

AA: Yes
Vertical Sync: Ticked
Post Effects: Nil( Dont seem to make much diff to graphics on or off for me)

Herbs

#38 Tanner

Tanner

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:50

System specs are as per signature.

Settings are everything off or low
Filter Bilinear
Antialiasing Off
Vsync On
Res 1280x960
Video memory usage: 12%

These are the lowest settings possible.

Performance is poor to stuttery. Frame rates are poor.

#39 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:32

Hi All I think I found the stutter problem. Its definatly a video card issue. I went into my Nvidia control panel and them to manage 3d setting , program settings and turn on all to highest setting for rise of flight and game is playable again hope this helps . Still only useing low settings will try higher later
Cheers Vo Depner

so you are running ROF with low settings adn you call this a fix? :mrgreen:

#40 ThomasH

ThomasH

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:09

I have done some testing trying to figure out what's causing the stuttering so I fired up RoF in windowed mode. By doing that I simultaneously could monitor cpu load & memory management using the task manager. I have for the record a decent rig based on a Q9650, GTX260oc, TIR5 blablabla :-)

There is no memoryleak what so ever. When settled the pagefile stayes on 1.38 gig allocated memory all of the time (I flew for a good 20 minutes just to be sure). The cpu utilization never exceeds 50%. All four cores are taking a load as they're supposed to.

What stumbles me a bit is that I get major stuttering when flying the one vs one mission while when flying the semi-historical ditto, (Bolle & Boelke) everything is as smooth as it ever could be, even during the allied assault on our home airfield at the end of the mission.

Antialiasing works great on my rig, anisotropic filtering seems to have problems though as it is the reason for the shimmering at low angles.

I have a proposal to the developers: Why not introduce an option to disable/simplify shadows on other other aircraft than your own? I don't have a problem with shadows but it could substantially better the performance on low to midrange hardware. Dynamic shadows take a heavy toll on your cpu(s)…

Over and out
Thomas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users