Photo
- - - - -

weather generator beta 1.6

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#41 pufik

pufik

Posted 13 April 2012 - 17:45

Basicly if I understand it right, make a file for each of the weathers I want in bloody April, and attach them to the mission by deleting the bin file and editing the mission file with the right name for the sky. (I now can open them in my mission builder and save them with the new sky. So that I get a bin file? As for multi player I do not want the players to download the mission file, causes all kind of error and takes to long. This is the only stage I have not tested.)

Now I set up a package with the files that end up in data\graphics\sky. Make that and self unzipping file so the gents flying ba just have to point it to their RoF install. They install the sky files and I run run the missions, hey presto another dimension added to the campaign?

Already played around quite a bit today and have to say I am very impressed with what you can create with this, including adding you own clouds to it.
Масло-маслянное :P . Средний скрин самый реаллестичный 8-) .

#42 Paule1914

Paule1914

Posted 13 April 2012 - 18:56

COOL!!!!!!!

#43 =UA=Flash

=UA=Flash

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:03

Amazing!

Дифисыч, ты царь :S!:

#44 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:03

по пунктам.

В файле миссии, который имеет расширение *.Mission есть строчка, которая описывает путь к папке выбранной погоды.
Сейчас каждая погода в игре - это отдельная папка с конфигурационным файлом и облаками к нему.
В самой игре внутри ее структуры таких папок 9:
-clear
-clearfog
-average
-averagefog
-heavy
-heavyfog
-precipitation
-precipitationfog
-thunderstorm

Поэтому сама игра как в полном редакторе, как в быстром редакторе - без режима модов использует эти стандартные имена погод, зашитые в структуре данных.
Если создать в папке (например) d:\games\rof\data\graphics\sky\heavyfog и туда записать свою погоду, то в режиме без модов в игре будет оригинальная погода, а в режиме включенных модов - будет ваша погода. Тогда ее можно выбирать в быстром редакторе.
Быстрый редактор использует только три погоды - clear, averagefog, heavyfog.

Идем далее.
Не влючая режим модов - можно тоже использовать сторонние облака и погоды. Игра это позволяет.
Для этого нам необходимо в той же папке SKY записать с помощью моей программы любую погоду, с именем отличным от стандартных.
после этого берем любой необходимый файл миссии (с расширением *.Mission), находим в нем строчку CloudConfig = "имя погоды\sky.ini";
и на месте "имя погоды" - пишем наше название папки, что мы создали.
Далее удаляем файл миссии с таким же названием, но с расширением "*.msnbin", потому что игра по умолчанию загружает его, а в нем мы не можем изменить имя погоды (он бинарный).
На этом все. Загружаем нашу миссию без режима модов, и видим нашу погоду.

Народ пишет, что если подправить имя погоды в файле миссии и потом загрузить ее в полный редактор, то это имя сохранится при редактировании и записи из полного редактора, и в файле "*.msnbin" - будет записана уже наша погода, а не дефолтная.

#45 elephant

elephant

Posted 14 April 2012 - 17:06

Google translation of the above text:

the points.

In your mission, which has the extension *. Mission is a line that describes the path to the selected weather.
Now each of the weather in the game - it is a separate folder with a configuration file, and the clouds to him.
In the game within its structure of folders, 9:
-Clear
-Clearfog
-Average
-Averagefog
-Heavy
-Heavyfog
-Precipitation
-Precipitationfog
-Thunderstorm

Therefore, the game itself as a full editor, as editor, in a fast - no mods regime uses these standard names weather, sewn into the data structure.
If you create a folder (for example) d: \ games \ rof \ data \ graphics \ sky \ heavyfog and there to record their weather, in the mode without mods to the original game will be the weather, and in the mode of mods included - will be your weather. Then you can choose a fast editor.
Quick editor uses only three weather - clear, averagefog, heavyfog.

Go on.
No mode switches on mods - you can also use third-party clouds and weather. The game allows it.
To do this we need the same location to record SKY with my program any weather, with a name different from the standard.
then take any desired mission (with the extension *. Mission), found in its line of CloudConfig = "name of the weather \ sky.ini";
and on the spot, "the name of weather" - we write our name for the folder that we created.
Next, delete the file with the mission of the same name but with extension "*. Msnbin", because the game loads it by default, and in it we can not change the name of the weather (it is binary).
That's all. Load our mission without mods regime, and see our weather.

People wrote that if the correct name of the weather in your mission, and then load it into a full editor, the name will remain in editing and writing of the full editor and a file "*. Msnbin" - is written already, our weather, and not the default '.

:S!:

#46 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 14 April 2012 - 17:36

Thank you, Elephant! :)

#47 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:32

Upd. Version 1.3 from 15.04.2012
Final randomisation module.
+ "Set_01", "set_02" clouds.

#48 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:21

DiFiS you rock, I find this one of the coolest user add-ons to this game. Keep it coming. After Bloody April II intend to immerse myself fully, all it would take to implement in multiplayer is for gents to download the correct sky files ahead of time. @ Vander, have you tried this out? Could totally kick ass for the vintage missions. The overcast with holes in it is the most immersed I have felt in this game. So ominous!

#49 pufik

pufik

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:57

А того что на среднем №3 скрине таких не будет? :(

#50 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:13

Very cool indeed! Don't we need to run in "Mods on" mode to be able to see the new clouds?

#51 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 15 April 2012 - 13:20

А того что на среднем №3 скрине таких не будет? :(
Что значит не будет. Человек сделал скриншоты используя мои облака. они все есть в комплекте к программе.

#52 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 15 April 2012 - 13:22

Very cool indeed! Don't we need to run in "Mods on" mode to be able to see the new clouds?

Yes!
If you want to see any new clouds in game - make your set, export to "average_01" and use my mission "tmp_test.Mission".

#53 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 15 April 2012 - 13:45

DiFiS, а ты не хочешь в свою утилиту встроить код, который будет патчить выбранный .Mission и .msnbin, вставляя туда нужное имя облаков?
Если хочешь я могу сегодня написать C# класс, который это делает.
Файл .msnbin можно патчить либо вручную (там на вид очень простой формат), либо через утилиту resaver, который появился в 1.024.

ENG: I'm asking about a feature to patch any existing .Mission and .msnbin file with new cloud config. I can provide a code to do this. Such feature may be convenient for testing.

#54 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 15 April 2012 - 14:45

в текстовик - без проблем могу вставить. в бинарник пока не знаю как. я ваще-то не программист. с# освоил тока что, чтобы этот генератор написать. надоело руками конфиги облаков править.
держи код. вставь сам. Там маленькая совсем программулька.

Attached Files

#55 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 15 April 2012 - 18:10

Большое спасибо AnKor85 за помощь!

Он добавил в код программы кнопку правки миссии на выбранную погоду.

Обновил версию до номера beta 1.4

Attached Files

#56 SarahZOOM

SarahZOOM

Posted 15 April 2012 - 19:18

I am load Quick Mission and I do not see difference in clouds :( I export this cloud!

Attached Files

#57 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:41

for Quick Mission use MOD ON and name of weather as: averagefog or heavyfog

#58 SarahZOOM

SarahZOOM

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:04

for Quick Mission use MOD ON and name of weather as: averagefog or heavyfog
LOL Thankyou so much!

#59 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:01

Получено добро на вставку сгенерированных погод в карьеру.

Требуется создать максимально возможное количество разнообразных наборов на каждый тип:
1)average - количество облаков от 5 до 20. Типы брать легкие, и средние.
2)heavy - количество облаков от 10 до 30. Типы облаков брать плотные и большие.

называть погоды номерами "average_01" (02, 03, 04 и т.д), heavy_01 (02,03,04 и т.д.)

Каждую погоду надо загрузить в игру и проверить ее красивость (перасекаемость облаков и т.п.). Сделать скриншот.

Если все будет нормально - все версии погод уйдут в карьеру в следующей версии патча.

Кто поможет? Руки вверх. Выкладывать готовые сеты можно здесь.

P.S. Внимание - расположение облаков на небе в моей программе и в самой игре - различаются, так как рандомизаторы разные.

#60 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:53

Quick translation (this is English forum after all):

Developers agreed to include generated weather into the career.

We have to make as many various sets of weather as possible for each type:
1) average - number of clouds 5 to 20. Use light and medium types.
2) heavy - number of clouds 10 to 30. Use dense and big ones.

Configs should be named "average_01" (02, 03, 04 and so on), "heavy_01" (02, 03, and so on).

You need to load each weather config into the game and make sure it is good looking (clouds intersection etc). Then make a screenshot.

If everything goes right our weather sets may be added into the career mode in the next patch.

Who can help? You can upload completed sets here.

P.S. Note: cloud placement differs in the game and weather gen. because of different randomization.

#61 InYourCrosshair

InYourCrosshair

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:27

I made quite a heavy sky with this program, when playing in game my computer lagged to an unbearable extent. is this normal my computer is quite powerful and performs well with the standard rof heavy and overcast clouds.

thanks

#62 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:47

I made quite a heavy sky with this program, when playing in game my computer lagged to an unbearable extent. is this normal my computer is quite powerful and performs well with the standard rof heavy and overcast clouds.

thanks

send your weather here.

Creating the weather, you need to know exactly what you are creating.

Average RoF default include 10 clouds, Heavy - 15 clouds

#63 SarahZOOM

SarahZOOM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:32

It is possible to also randomize the rotation and scale of the clouds? I think as long as they are the same rotation, they will show repetitious patterns even if randomly generated with the Weather Generator.

#64 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:26

Yes.
Now the game is not possible to rotate the cloud.
you only need to create other models.

just do it.
You can create a single cloud, turn it 4 times and give the game as a source for generation.

#65 SarahZOOM

SarahZOOM

Posted 17 April 2012 - 18:59

Here's a Video I made on your clouds package using the weather Generator! Such Beautiful Work! Thankyou for you creativity for all of us to enjoy!

Attached Files

#66 JohnnyDNGRSLY

JohnnyDNGRSLY

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:26

Here is Tweak Version of DiFis Clouds that came with Weather Generator, can install without Generator.
I love you.

:P

#67 SarahZOOM

SarahZOOM

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:50

A Dramatic and Heroic Ending for the Gotha!

Forgot to Add Make sure to Use 12:00PM High NOON during Summertime in your Missions! for Best Cloud Effects!

#68 SarahZOOM

SarahZOOM

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:10

I love you.

:P

Awww how sweet! *hugs*

#69 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 23 April 2012 - 18:44

So nobody wants to try to make a sky for career mode? :xx:

Here's another idea to raise the interest for cloud making.
I can't test it right now, but it *may* be possible to use custom clouds in multiplayer missions with mods OFF and WITHOUT the requirment to download them manually.
However, to test this I need a server instance of RoF and I don't have time to setup one.
The idea is simple: for each mission there's a special .list file that is used to automatically download localization and other media files from the server to player's computer.
What if we add cloud config files into this list? Anyone tried it?
Sky configs are placed in different folder than mission files, but fortunately the list file uses paths that are relative to game data folder and thus allows to specify required subfolder:
filename="graphics\sky\average_01\sky.ini","da69700e"
and similar lines for .clt and other stuff.

My concerns are:
- does the game really allow to use arbitrary paths in the .list?
- will it create "average_01" folder if it doesn't exists?

Anyone with a server and willing to try?
We need a server instance to see if those files are really downloaded to the client.

По-русски вкратце:
Раз никто не хочет делать облака для карьеры, предлагаю другую идею.
Теоретически может быть возможно использовать кастомные облака в мультиплеерных миссиях без модов и без предварительной загрузки этих облаков пользователями. Я попробовать не могу, т.к. надо делать сервер, а у меня на это времени и знаний нет.
Мультиплеерные миссии используют .list файлы для передачи списка доп. файлов (локализация, картинки и т.п.). Так почему бы не добавить в этот же .list новые файлы облаков (типа sky.ini и .clt и т.п.)?
К счастью .list содержит полные пути, поэтому можно указать что-нибудь вроде graphics\sky\average_01\sky.ini
Однако не известно будет ли игра действительно загружать что-то в эти пути и создаст ли она подпапку average_01, если эта папка не существует.

Нужен кто-то с сервером, чтобы проверить работает ли это.

#70 avlSteve

avlSteve

Posted 23 April 2012 - 22:14

I'm not getting something, and I guess I missed a post or a file.

Are there any instructions anywhere? It says "nothing to export" no matter what I've tried.

Edit: Well I can get it to export to average_xx or heavy_xx. Mods on, no effect. Any help appreciated. :(

#71 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:20

Это конфигурационный файл погод, на все 800 дней войны.
В идеале можно забить 800 вариантов погоды на каждый день.
Но достаточно и нескольких десятков для разнообразия.

2conditions.cfg

[Conditions]
period="1916.09.01","1916.09.01"
WType=0
WindPov=0
WindDir=355
CloudConfig="ClearFog\sky.ini"
CloudLevel=2000
CloudHeight=0
PrecLevel=0
PrecType=0
Turbulence=0
TempPressLevel=91
Temperature=16
Pressure=753
[end]

[Conditions]
period="1918.11.12","1918.11.12"
WType=1
WindPov=0
WindDir=60
CloudConfig="AverageFog\sky.ini"
CloudLevel=2000
CloudHeight=0
PrecLevel=0
PrecType=0
Turbulence=0
TempPressLevel=91
Temperature=12
Pressure=750
[end]

Attached Files

#72 ROSS_DiFiS

ROSS_DiFiS

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:14

test for two levels :P

Attached Files

#73 SYN_MrWolf

SYN_MrWolf

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:30

Looks beautiful Difis!

#74 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 25 April 2012 - 14:13

Раз никто не хочет делать облака для карьеры, предлагаю другую идею.
Теоретически может быть возможно использовать кастомные облака в мультиплеерных миссиях без модов и без предварительной загрузки этих облаков пользователями. Я попробовать не могу, т.к. надо делать сервер, а у меня на это времени и знаний нет.
Мультиплеерные миссии используют .list файлы для передачи списка доп. файлов (локализация, картинки и т.п.). Так почему бы не добавить в этот же .list новые файлы облаков (типа sky.ini и .clt и т.п.)?
К счастью .list содержит полные пути, поэтому можно указать что-нибудь вроде graphics\sky\average_01\sky.ini
Однако не известно будет ли игра действительно загружать что-то в эти пути и создаст ли она подпапку average_01, если эта папка не существует.

Нужен кто-то с сервером, чтобы проверить работает ли это.

я пробовал давно добавлять новые объекты(невидимый флаг, зенитные машинки с пулеметами и т.п.) в миссии через лист
это работало, но только со второго запуска игры
т.е. при первом входе на сервере доп файлы загружаются в папки, но т.к. игра уже запущена - она их "не видит"
поэтому работать они начинают только после перезапуска игры

#75 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:30

я пробовал давно добавлять новые объекты(невидимый флаг, зенитные машинки с пулеметами и т.п.) в миссии через лист
это работало, но только со второго запуска игры
Понял. Раз файлы загружаются, то это уже хорошо. Я как-нибудь найду время и попробую сам, вполне может оказаться, что вещи вроде облаков грузятся вместе с миссией и подхватятся на лету. Хотя кто его знает как там работа с файловой системой устроена… эх…

И всё больше убеждаюсь, что всё уже проверено и попробовано раньше ;)

DiFiS, я надеюсь, что если получится просто и удобно прикрутить возможность добавлять облака в мультиплеер, да чтобы в режиме без модов, то и спрос на них улучшится. Хотя тут не угадаешь, что авторам миссий на самом деле нужно.

Sorry for lots of Russian here - we are discussing the way to use custom clouds in multiplayer. As I said before there may be some way to download them automatically when mission starts. But I need to do some experiments before I can say whether it is really possible.

#76 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:34

test for two levels :P

Is it the same clouds doubled or different layer which can consist of totally different looking clouds?

Is it possible to draw different clouds than cumulus?
Like stratus or cirrusclouds (between 5 - 13km)

#77 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 16:40

Looks nice!

Jason

#78 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:01

=FB=Vaal, DiFiS – загрузка облаков в мультиплеере работает!
Добавил строчки в .list файл для каждого файла, относящегося к погоде
filename="graphics/sky/tests/cloud.clt","00000001"

filename="graphics/sky/tests/sky.ini","00000012"

Все загрузилось и самое главное сработало при старте миссии. При этом моды выключены.
Единственное что надо понимать – если каждый автор будет делать облака для своих миссий, то надо, чтобы имена папок не совпадали, а то конфликты начнутся.
Я не очень понимаю что значат 8 цифр идущих в конце, видимо это какой-то случайный идентификатор для отслеживания обновлений – если файл обновился, то надо и идентификатор обновить.

Теперь разрекламируй эту функцию и продавай облака по доллару за штуку :)

Good news for those who is interested. We can use custom clouds with MODS OFF mode in multiplayer missions. All necessary files are automatically downloaded if specified in .list as shown above.
Anyone interested in this feature?

#79 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:04

Anyone interested in this feature?

Hell Yes!! :)

#80 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 25 April 2012 - 18:50

That's good :)
I will try to discuss the matters with devs before posting any detailed instructions. I still have some concerns about correctness of this approach.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users