Photo
- - - - -

MrMorton's Personal Spad XIII

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MrMorton

MrMorton

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:47

Hi all, I am very new to Rof but when i discovered customized skins could be created, I instantly started working on one.

So here it is, the concept behind it is a standard light yellow (more commonly found on the spad VII, I know) British Spad with red and white additions and a black and yellow checkered cowling.

Huge thanks to J2_Wallenburg for the "Dicta Gimp"

If this skin made your eyes bleed, please tell me why :)

link: here

#2 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:29

Lovely, Yes.

:S!:

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

#3 SirFreddie

SirFreddie

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:36

Truthfully it looks a tad circus like and the roundals are MASSIVE (that's the bad news)

Colours,shades,tones are well done and you can/should vote for your own skin (good news)…you can make good skins.

A bit harsh (considering some personal skins I've not commented on) but I've voted no becauase I know you can do MUCH better (check the bad news for my personal problem with it)

Hey at least I've said why I voted no which is more than most do :S!:

#4 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:11

Flat out cool…and hell yes! S! MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#5 MrMorton

MrMorton

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:48

Truthfully it looks a tad circus like and the roundals are MASSIVE (that's the bad news)

Colours,shades,tones are well done and you can/should vote for your own skin (good news)…you can make good skins.

A bit harsh (considering some personal skins I've not commented on) but I've voted no becauase I know you can do MUCH better (check the bad news for my personal problem with it)

Hey at least I've said why I voted no which is more than most do :S!:

yea it is a bit "colorful"

how would you recommend doing the roundels, because I oversized them on purpose (didn't realize it would be was as noticeable as it is) to get a nice smooth looking circle without having some of the original colors showing through on the edges (gimp's magic wand type tool isn't very good).

#6 SirFreddie

SirFreddie

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:15

Nooo! In my view make the roundels 2/3 their size (ish) …love the red under the MG's and your colours in general (though i've just noticed the clashing cowling :xx: ). As it's a personal skin make it how you want it.

If you really care about my view (which you shouldn't) make it look like a pilot that would have flown it would have painted it at that time :?

#7 MrMorton

MrMorton

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:28

Nooo! In my view make the roundels 2/3 their size (ish) …love the red under the MG's and your colours in general (though i've just noticed the clashing cowling :xx: ). As it's a personal skin make it how you want it.

If you really care about my view (which you shouldn't) make it look like a pilot that would have flown it would have painted it at that time :?

I may try painting over the original roundels all together (I used them as a guide for this skin, and then just hand draw new ones.

And for some reason I really like the clashing cowling :lol: red and white just didn't do it for me.

#8 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 26 February 2012 - 13:58

Welcome! To me the red wing ornament is a bit too 1930s, but it is, after all, your personal skin.

Technically, I don't know about your experience, but it seems you did a solid job here.

I'm glad I could help you get the basics straight. I voted 'yes', but I only have historical and semi-historical skins installed on my computer.

#9 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:11

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users