* * * - - 2 votes

Morane Saulnier Type N of " The Leather Helmets"

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 Shutter

Shutter
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 30 March 2012 - 23:45

WOW!!!! Wouldn't that be cool!! Then again, if I had all the money in the world I'd pay the development team to build every plane that saw even five minutes over ANY of the fronts. Heck, I'd want all the fronts, too! I realize Rise of Flight can be difficult to fly with no computer aides turned on, but honestly that's why I keep coming back to it, daily! I enjoy the challenge! Yes, OFF has more planes and represents the early part of the air war in more detail, and for that aspect I enjoy it. I guess what I'm saying is that I will keep supporting Rise of Flight (by buying every plane, map, and campaign the devs put out) in the belief that all will be made right in the world and the early war (1914-1916) will eventually be modeled and an amazing career model will become available for offline play. No offense to the amazing online squads out there (my profession does not lend itself to a consistent schedule, otherwise I would join a squad!)

#42 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:47

Hope RoF haves as many planes as there is in IL2 now.Maybe more.
Hope people consider the not so notorious airplanes,even the ones that were only sketches in a 1919 edition.

#43 Squiffy66

Squiffy66

Posted 05 May 2012 - 16:16

There is an early type at Rhinebeck Aerodrome, NY in French blue with deflector plates. It used to fly but normally sits on static display at the front gate these past few years. Haven't been in a while so it may not come out any more. Maybe it's on the list to refurbish again?

#44 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 28 October 2012 - 23:23

…I still can't believe someone would actually climb into one of these beasts, KNOWING that your propeller would be absorbing repeated impact of a point-blank bullet bouncing off the deflector plate on a regular basis! Though i would absolutely LOVE to see this plane in RoF! Eindecker…meet Saulnier.

#45 Lieste

Lieste

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:20

Hmm… well most of the bullets will miss the propellor (or there is no point firing at all)… plus the ratio of solid to empty disc is favouring most rounds passing. It also is not a huge problem to hole the prop with a bullet or two ~ the problems arise when a synchroniser timing fails so that 'every' round hits rather than misses…

#46 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:20

I wonder if there are any updates on this project. Looks great, and the Morane N is one of my favorite designs.

#47 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:05

….Though i would absolutely LOVE to see this plane in RoF! Eindecker…meet Saulnier.

+ 1

I wonder if there are any updates on this project. Looks great, and the Morane N is one of my favorite designs.

+ 1

And… simple mathematics formula
gives me the final number 1 + 1 =
22. :)
So… I agree with you two guys -
multiplied by 22, yup.
I wonder, also… :( But doubt.

#48 WF2

WF2

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:14

There is an early type at Rhinebeck Aerodrome, NY in French blue with deflector plates. It used to fly but normally sits on static display at the front gate these past few years. Haven't been in a while so it may not come out any more. Maybe it's on the list to refurbish again?

It never flew according to Jean DeMarco back when he was at ORA. It has wing warping and no one was willing to fly it, not even Cole.

#49 Capn_Binky

Capn_Binky

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:36

#50 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 29 October 2012 - 13:27

Would love to see the Morane in game.

#51 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 29 October 2012 - 18:29

Beautiful design BTW, but I think it will never be released by 777 for Rof, so why does the maker not put it as a static object, most be possible now the SDK is released. :idea:

edit, the same to the Hanriot, Zeppelin and other samples that were showing here on this board.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#52 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 29 October 2012 - 23:08

Why not???It was an important plane from the early war (I guess).

It's a very sleek aircraft,seems to have been designed to be fast.

And are wing warping planes very dangerous?

#53 ROFnut

ROFnut

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:38

Great job! Would be interesting to see this in-game especially since the MS had no interrupter gear; relying instead on a deflector mounted on the blade. The consequence of course is that you had bullets flying all over the place which makes for some "interesting" combat. The plane was also equipped (very early war) with a hook which when dropped would tear the wings of an opponent like the Taube. Imagine seeing that in game!

I'm unsure 777 will allow outside aircraft mods to be used as their business model relies on offering new aircraft and features for purchase. It keeps the game alive which is a good thing. Still, I'd like to see some early war aircraft make their way into the game.

#54 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 30 October 2012 - 18:23

Why not???It was an important plane from the early war (I guess).

It's a very sleek aircraft,seems to have been designed to be fast.

And are wing warping planes very dangerous?

I mean this self-made object as so to speak, if 777 wants to release I think it will be done by there selfs.

Would like to see this as a static object on the fields when flying a N11 and now the SDK is released this should not be the problem.

ps: @lorddreidecker why not get the wing warping EIII???
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#55 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 30 October 2012 - 20:53

The Morane Saulnier Type N is a very nice looking ride. So, it would be a match up for the Fokker E.III, I guess? I just wish that The Morane Saulnier Type N had the speed of Bristol M.1. :P

:S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#56 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 31 October 2012 - 00:11

This Bristol plane looks great too!

BTW,a hook on the MS?That would be a very LULZ weapon mod.

#57 ROFnut

ROFnut

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:35

Yup, it happened in March, 1915, when a MS "shot down" an Alb.BII and the British introduced the Farnborough Fiery Grapnel to counter Zepplins. Lots of novel ideas to destroy enemy aircraft before the machine gun became practical. Looks like the Russians also put a grapnel on their MS's.

http://www.theaerodr...es-air-war.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theaerodr...com/forum/2001/ … r-war.html
http://www.century-o...der Kozakov.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.century-o...ight.net/Aviati … ozakov.htm
http://wiki.answers....hter_plane_used" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wiki.answers....Q/What_was_the_ … plane_used
http://www.century-o...nal defence.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.century-o...ight.net/Aviati … efence.htm
http://news.bbc.co.u...e/plain/A912124" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.u...a/place-lancash … in/A912124

The MS would be great plane for early war Rise of Flight…

#58 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 31 October 2012 - 18:33

The Morane Saulnier Type N is a very nice looking ride. So, it would be a match up for the Fokker E.III, I guess? I just wish that The Morane Saulnier Type N had the speed of Bristol M.1. :P

Now… :? I could swear that I already fly this
plane, Bristol M.1 just can't remember where.
Did Red Baron 3D has it ?? Or it was in Flight
Simulator, with all of his 2.946.386 planes !? :shock:

But Morane, ah…. Image

#59 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 31 October 2012 - 18:53

Why add such a hugely detailed model as a static object? It would be a waste of computer power.

#60 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 31 October 2012 - 20:18

Guess nothing more power that taking off with one plane lesser in your flight and who is saying this can not be reduced to lesser if needed.

I think this is a great opportunity to use these efforts as a static object, other wise these will get lost.
And not only this one we have also Hanriots, Oefag, Zeppelin etc.

#61 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 31 October 2012 - 20:57

Now… :? I could swear that I already fly this
plane, Bristol M.1 just can't remember where.
Did Red Baron 3D has it ?? Or it was in Flight
Simulator, with all of his 2.946.386 planes !? :shock:

But Morane, ah…. Image

Tvrtko,
I am not too sure where you had a Bristol M.1, as ROF is my first WW 1 flight sim and I never had a WW1 plane in Flight Simulator. :P The Morane Saulnier Type N is a rather attractive looking machine, Tvrtko! Let's just say, it has the Hollywood movie star looks! Though it may not have been produced in high numberes, relative to the Fokker E.III, I could see how the Morane Saulnier Type N would be a good match for the E.III, in single player or multiplayer.

#62 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 31 October 2012 - 21:02

No offense to Vander, and anyone else doing great work for the community,, but if we had just a few skilled and dedicated people working on static objects we could have had a few dozen already.

#63 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 31 October 2012 - 22:01

Tvrtko,
I am not too sure where you had a Bristol M.1, as ROF is my first WW 1 flight sim and I never had a WW1 plane in Flight Simulator. :P The Morane Saulnier Type N is a rather attractive looking machine, Tvrtko! Let's just say, it has the Hollywood movie star looks! Though it may not have been produced in high numberes, relative to the Fokker E.III, I could see how the Morane Saulnier Type N would be a good match for the E.III, in single player or multiplayer.

Ah…
you're on my friend list. :P
Is that a problem to you ? :mrgreen:

#64 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 01 November 2012 - 00:59

Tvrtko,

Ah…
you're on my friend list. :P
Is that a problem to you ? :mrgreen:

Tvrtko,
This is not in the least a problem. It is my privilege to make it onto your friend list. I shall strive to stay there. Thank you for the honor! :S!: Misha James

#65 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:20

Is there any flight test data for the Morane N? I've just read the usual anecdotal flight reports about its scary handling. McCudden (Flying Fury) I think remarks about seeing one at an airfield and when he questions someone about it the pilots suggest no one will fly it.

I know only a handful were built and they didn't see much action. Did anyone get a confirmed kill with one of these, as opposed to the Morane L? Some of the early French aces, are supposed to have flown the Morane N but all their kills seem to be attributed to other types.

#66 piecost

piecost

Posted 05 November 2012 - 18:45

Unfortunately I have not seen any data for the N, but have some performance for the BB biplane. Not that it helps.

#67 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 05 November 2012 - 19:12

Is there any flight test data for the Morane N? I've just read the usual anecdotal flight reports about its scary handling. McCudden (Flying Fury) I think remarks about seeing one at an airfield and when he questions someone about it the pilots suggest no one will fly it.

I know only a handful were built and they didn't see much action. Did anyone get a confirmed kill with one of these, as opposed to the Morane L? Some of the early French aces, are supposed to have flown the Morane N but all their kills seem to be attributed to other types.

The Morane L is another machine to consider introducing into ROF. The Morane L would bring the Pfalz A1 into the game, too; assuming that the L and A1 typically had the same performance.

#68 Mogster

Mogster

Posted 05 November 2012 - 20:35

The Morane BB or Morane L would maybe be better for ROF career mode than the Bullet. With the BB you could have the two seater or the version with the overwing Lewis, with the L you could have the two seater or the Garros version with the Hotchkiss.

The Bullet's such a cool looking plane though, people will keep asking for it till we get one :)

#69 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 05 November 2012 - 21:21

The Bullet's such a cool looking plane though, people will keep asking for it till we get one :)
Amen to that !!!
:S!:
Yup…. :roll: "they" will ask for it.
Till the judgement day I guess. :twisted:

Read my lips, afterall.
Signature, I mean…

Some… bonus (propaganda) :mrgreen: material:
(can't decide from which is his better side) :D

#70 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 21:29

(can't decide from which is his better side)

This one for sure! :D

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#71 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 07 November 2012 - 18:28

Damned guys I want that plane :D

#72 Squiffy66

Squiffy66

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:32

Thanks Capn!

#73 WF2

WF2

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:42

I would love to see this aircraft in game with WORKING deflector plates!

#74 Capn_Binky

Capn_Binky

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:32

I would love to see this aircraft in game with WORKING deflector plates!

I can only imagine the impact on the aircraft's engine from multiple bullet strikes to the plates, lol.

#75 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 01 December 2012 - 19:30

Looks damn good how do ya do that stuff?

#76 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 01 December 2012 - 21:29

Maybe a silly question,but I just figured out…was there any chance of the bullet after hitting the deflector coming back right into the pilot's head?

#77 SupaGringo

SupaGringo

Posted 04 December 2012 - 20:34

^^very unlikly but not completly impossible

#78 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 04 December 2012 - 20:53

I don't think there's any record of
pilot killed (even wounded?) by his
own machinegun.
And… the number of this (N) type
type manufactured helped for sure. :lol:

Just hope we'll get MS …sometime.

#79 piecost

piecost

Posted 05 December 2012 - 00:55

The deflector plate is angled so the bullet should ricocet to the side. I would have thought it practically impossible to come straight back. Can any gun experts confirm or otherwise?

I would be more worried about the deflector plate and the propeller failing. Having said that; some IIRC RNAS Bristol Scouts used a non-synchronized Lewis gun firing through the prop. Up to something like half a dozen bullet holes per blade were patched before the propeller was scrapped!

#80 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:28

I wonder when will this one make an appearance in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users