- - - - -

Fokker E.III "Happy Tree Friends" Edition

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Harlej

Harlej

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:28

I've liked skinning for RoF…

For me Eindecker is one of last for pioneering era. I feel it different than other in RoF. Flying with it reminds me "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" and other funny stuff like "The Benny Hill". I tried to do something that could reflect my attitude. Happy Tree Friends series is definitely silly and not related with aviation but still makes me happy and has many graphic objects to put on skin.

I tried it, still works deadly :x
DOWNLOAD

Hope, I won't hang on the tree for this one :xx:

And one more thing. I used here alpha channel for wire wheels copied from Sachsenberg skin by Panthercules :S!:

#2 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:39

Voting no (any fictional plane that doesn't have clear markings), but it's certainly a bold one :D

#3 SYN_Kollwitz

SYN_Kollwitz

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:55

sorry mate, a no from me too…

while you have the skills for a nice skin, its a bit too silly to put in the fictional skins. As Jorri stated, it has no markings, but…. at least it is not pink ;)

#4 -bbob

-bbob

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:43

Haha, thanks for a good belly-laugh. :D

I'm afraid I have to vote no, though. This is of course not a reflection of your skills, but rather the subject matter, lol.

Now. Where did I put that eye-bleach?

#5 Harlej

Harlej

Posted 11 February 2012 - 13:12

Oh, C'mon guys, it's for fun section :P

Ok, I see, everyone chooses Eindecker and that skin to get look of Nieuport or D.H.2 because there are crossess only on fuselagae. Why you are so conservative in issue of marks? That wasn't problem for years in any other game and we already have some captured skins, eaven for E.III. I see that the most popular scheme for fictional skin is one colour as background + few stright stripes and emblem found at Google.

I understand you can feel disgusted with subject. Maybe for game time use something like this:
:D

I hope you see clearly that I'm just joking ;)

I seriously respect comunity rules nad your votes :S!:
Ps. Thanks for honor goal :lol:

#6 N28_Uberplane

N28_Uberplane

Posted 11 February 2012 - 14:08

Happy Tree Friends….

Nightmares…

=IRFC=

#7 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 11 February 2012 - 17:20

Wow - this may be the most lopsided negative vote I've ever seen on these polls.

I actually voted "yes" on this one (looks like it was just me and the OP who did so) because I hate to see anybody denied the ability to use their own skin if they want to, BUT - would everybody who voted "No" please forward a copy of this thread to Laser and ask him to PLEASE update his skin manager tool to handle .dds preview pictures? Thanks :lol:

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#8 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 11 February 2012 - 17:58

Technically - Good
Artistically - Tasteless but funny
Markings - I don't care (especially on personal skins and Eindeckers)

Yes, though I am afraid I can't help you anymore.

#9 navair2

navair2
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 11 February 2012 - 18:04

HAHAHAHA! :lol:

* Wipes tears from his eyes *

I can't…I CAN'T see this thing flying over the front…I had to vote no…but for sheer entertainment purposes, that skin is tops :D

IMO there are just some things that shouldn't be allowed to be painted on the side of an aircraft. If there was a way to just limit it to multiplayer, now THAT would be a hit. :lol:

Case: Corsair 650D Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4 PSU: Antec TruePower New 750 Blue CPU: Intel i5-2500K ( Socket 1155 )

CPU Cooler: ZalMan CNPS9500A LED GPU: EVGA GTX 580 MEM: 8 GB G.Skill PC12800 DDR3 1600
Soundcard: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Monitor: Samsung 2343 BWX 23"@ 2048 x 1152 OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

#10 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 11 February 2012 - 18:16

Really? I voted NO ….. don't like Tella Tubbies either …..

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#11 FREDFREDBURGER

FREDFREDBURGER

Posted 11 February 2012 - 18:21

I voted yes as a sympathy vote… It is colorful though and I give you that.

#12 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 11 February 2012 - 19:53

Hell no

#13 Harlej

Harlej

Posted 11 February 2012 - 20:18

It's a lesson for me what the taste of community is. After browsing forum I must say that you love monotonous accents with strips. It's my risk putting here stuff ;)

But I note one thing. Skin is here one day and got already 40 votes. If you dont't like skin you have to vote no, otherwise you worry that you will have to watch it in game all the time. You don't have to collect all skins. For me plenty of skins like template + stripe and something at side is a waste of resources.

Thx for your participation in topic.
Btw. has someone checked what is underside of the aircraft :S!:

#14 12F_Henri

12F_Henri

Posted 11 February 2012 - 20:40

A new style why not. But it's too modern for that period. :?

#15 FREDFREDBURGER

FREDFREDBURGER

Posted 11 February 2012 - 20:51

It's a lesson for me what the taste of community is. After browsing forum I must say that you love monotonous accents with strips. It's my risk putting here stuff ;)

But I note one thing. Skin is here one day and got already 40 votes. If you dont't like skin you have to vote no, otherwise you worry that you will have to watch it in game all the time. You don't have to collect all skins. For me plenty of skins like template + stripe and something at side is a waste of resources.

Thx for your participation in topic.
Btw. has someone checked what is underside of the aircraft :S!:

The underside is more war-like than the top but still… ;)

#16 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 11 February 2012 - 21:26

For me plenty of skins like template + stripe and something at side is a waste of resources.

That guy got humour… Sadly the term "semihistoric" never came to his mind…

Some skins may seem as if they only got stripes added, but there's way more in the details. Some skins… well, concerning some skins, you're right.

#17 Harlej

Harlej

Posted 11 February 2012 - 22:14

I'm not sure I understand well. English is not my native language and sometimes I help myself with translator. Pleas don't be offended if something sounds rude. I just think that more of personal skins look very similar. They don't have that what makes them really personal. Semihistoric? Ok. I understand that someone wants to have something more own that other stuff. But another semihistoric skin looking like previous? Please notice that posted Albatros is not act of malice. I just had free day and wanted to paint something own to RoF.

#18 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 11 February 2012 - 22:56

I never understood it as an act of malice (your Albatros), and your English seems pretty good to me.

Yes, many personal skins look similar. But not all of them are just stripes pasted onto the original template in three minutes. There are people who give a lot of attention to details like variations on factory paint jobs that give it an individual note beneath the rather conservative personal paint.
At least that's what I try to do when doing a personal skin.

Besides, I'm not at all offended by the lack of crosses on the wings. Especially the Eindecker is so easy to distinguish. But you can't expect every RoF player to know all planes, that's why the reactions on markings are quite polar.

#19 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 03 March 2012 - 17:30

Poll concluded; thread locked.

I was trying to process this one for submission to 777, but I keep getting errors when trying to download the file. Can you please check it, and maybe upload it again somewhere else and send me a PM with a working link?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users