Photo
- - - - -

BS Skins Remover

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Laser

Laser

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:24

Official skins have more 'ambiguous' names (e.g. can be something like 110201.dds), which can match more than one preview dds (i.e. belonging to a different plane, in a different preview folder), especially if you don't update the skin-preview match pairs, as the Skin Manager help mentions - so this could be a cause. <RoF>/data/graphics/skins/<Plane type>/ is not the same as <RoF>/data/swf/planes/<Plane type>/ (which you can see by reading in Skin Manager the paths above a displayed dds preview image). So for each 'new' planes, new skin-preview match helper pairs should be added in Skin Manager, to better guide the program in finding the correct prevews. E.g. for the Halb you should add 2 new pairs:

HalberstadtCL2:Halberstadt CL.II
HalberstadtCL2au:Halberstadt CL.II 200hp

When multiple previews are found for a skin, they will be all shown. There we'll just have to scroll down eventually until we found the right plane type -> that's the right skin for it.

In the case of the Pfalz D12, if you look into the match pairs, you'll see that by mistake the Pfalz D12 and the Pfalz D3a have their match pairs REVERSED, so it should be corrected to:

PfalzD3a:Pfalz D.IIIa
PfalzD12:Pfalz D.XII

… so in this particular case that's why the previews were a little 'messed up'. I could say that it was deliberate, to make you read the help and use those pair helpers :lol: but of course it was just too fast editing at late hours.

#42 neuro

neuro

Posted 25 March 2012 - 19:19

So what about <RoF>/data/swf/planes/<Plane type>/ ? can we simply delete all the path/to/<plane type>/ folders? Can we even delete the whole /path/to/swf/planes/ directory?

#43 Laser

Laser

Posted 25 March 2012 - 20:13

So what about <RoF>/data/swf/planes/<Plane type>/ ? can we simply delete all the path/to/<plane type>/ folders? Can we even delete the whole /path/to/swf/planes/ directory?

That path stores the *previews* (former jpg, now dds format) of the skins. I don't recommend deleting the whole path, ideally you should - optionally - delete only those dds previews of the skins you also delete (from the other path data/graphics/skins/… ). Anyway the contents of this path don't take too much space, i don't think that all possible previews occupy more than ~ 300 mbytes of disk space.

Those previews aren't used only by Skin Manager, most importantly they are used by RoF itself :P So if you do delete all that path, you won't be able to preview skin selections (e.g in the quick mission).

#44 neuro

neuro

Posted 25 March 2012 - 23:11

OK. Thx.

#45 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 28 May 2012 - 18:15

Hi Neuro,

Are you still updating your utility? I have a fresh RoF install after updating and it is going to be very useful in a just a few minutes.

#46 neuro

neuro

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:29

it's updated to 1.024 because there are no 1.025 community packs yet. It will be updated again when skin packs #12 are released.

#47 neuro

neuro

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:02

^updated the same day as skin packs 12 were released, but I forgot to mention it here.

#48 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:30

Thanks!

#49 neuro

neuro

Posted 28 December 2012 - 13:52

Update: next version (v.9) is in the works. I hope to get it done by tonight, otherwise it'll be on Monday.
I'm being a bit more aggressive at deleting 'neon and barbie' skins (as Dutch put it), or as I call them 'clown skins', but im not removing any *historical* 'clown' skins, and it seems that a lot of WW1 pilots liked it pretty colorful (e.g. 'candy stick' skins in red/white spirals…) but as I said, if i's historical it's going to stay.

AGAIN: if you use this tool you trust my judgment about what skins to remove and which ones to keep.

I'll post again in this thread and update the link as soon as im done.

[EDIT]
This is going to take longer than expected because the Fictional Pack 13 skins dont show up in the Skin Manager, so I'll have to load up the game to see the skins, then figure out the filenames… but I'll get it done. Be patient (as the doctor said)

#50 neuro

neuro

Posted 31 December 2012 - 16:54

Update: added to the list some new BS-markings skins. Also noticed that a few users had their skins deleted in every plane they had a skin for so far, so I added them to all other planes preemptively. I havent gone through all the new skins yet but I guess there's more stuff to delete. Expect another update either when the Skin Manager is fixed, or when I feel like checking all the skins one by one in game.

Download Bullshit Skins Remover v.9 <= Click!

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Extract the .zip file. You will get a file called 'patcher' or 'patcher.bat', depending on your Folder Option settings
- Drop the patcher into your main RoF directory
- Right click on the patcher and choose 'run as administrator'.
- If everything worked, the patcher should delete itself at the end of the process

#51 neuro

neuro

Posted 06 January 2013 - 16:38

update <=click!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users