• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

#41 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 29 January 2012 - 00:04

#42 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 29 January 2012 - 00:50

If you don't understand the reasons for wanting the name changed - chances are that YOU are one of the reasons.

The mentality here is simple enough - it is not unlike the 2nd graders complaining because the teacher is watching the playground at recess and wont let them bully the 1st graders.

Grow up.

I understand the reasons quite well. A few people complaining for beeing shoot down
(they were probably enjoying the scenery) was just an excuse to close the most popular server and bring people to your server.
Where were already prepared Capture The Flag missions with unlocked fuel and allowed vulching (to make the transition smoother).
Just because people did not want to play the way you imagined.

MAXV88, OVER AND OUT.

I guess I'm confused I was in the Flying Circus(ex-Newbie) today looked like it was working fine to me.

Maybe you should read the original post.

#43 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:55

The funny thing about it, most of the "aces" on the newbie server flew there to recover their ego after getting hammered on the full real servers.

Instead of making that next step in learning to fly and fight (read: think - act) in RoF online all they did was turn on the easier thing to do (read: shoot down): new pilots.

If you don't like to be policed on a server for being, sorry to be harsh, an egoistic a-hole to the community, well then we don't loose to much anyways.

A newbie willing to learn the ropes is more likely to stick with this in the long term if he gets a chance to at least take off and fly around a bit instead of being lit up by a parked bomber on the field or vulched by a self-proclaimed ace. Sorry, your epeen will not grow anymore there.

I'd rather have 10 newbies that got no clue what they are doing than one egomaniac driving off anyone that has potential to enjoy RoF MP in the long term.

#44 JGBFlyer

JGBFlyer

Posted 29 January 2012 - 19:30

Vulching… The rule should state: Taking off at air base being over run would be a bad idea. Choose another air base.

#45 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 29 January 2012 - 19:38

Why don't you fly on one of the other servers (hq or IRFC or Syndicate) where people who have owned the game almost two years fly?

Why were you flying on the Newbie server at all? Let alone on New Wings if you are only there to vulch/prey on inexperienced players.

Even if you want a quick jump in and fight fur ball there is Fast Food or even Flying Circus now.

#46 GrassGuy

GrassGuy

Posted 29 January 2012 - 20:29

I'll never understand it….. There seems to be quite a focus on "vulching" which in the end in my view is silly. The end game here (especially in the dog fight servers) is to get kills so in the end you feel better about yourself and your ability to flymore skillfully :roll: then the people in the server. That is sarcasm with a thread of hard truth running through it. Even the "big full real" servers become giant dog fighting arena's when they get loaded up to 40-50 head. For me if you are going to cry about someone vulching a kill out from under you or WORSE getting shot while taking off then maybe just maybe (more sarcasm :cry: ) you should fly single player where you control the environment. In the real world people are people and human nature being what it is….they is going to flame you whenever they can. Maybe it would better server the people who complain about getting vulched to channel that energy into becoming more proficient which when they do will equate to a thicker skin. It's a GAME and the purpose of it when we sift through all the niceties is to flame the guy nearest you…..admit it or not that is why people are here. Complaining about this stuff is like a guy whining about another guy sniping his target in a FSP shooter….it's silly.

#47 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 29 January 2012 - 20:47

Let's end the offtopic.
Tnx

#48 rolikiraly

rolikiraly

Posted 29 January 2012 - 20:57

It's a GAME and the purpose of it when we sift through all the niceties is to flame the guy nearest you…..admit it or not that is why people are here.

I definitely don't go to multiplayer to shoot someone down on take off. Maybe i'm the exception that proves the rule.
Sorry for offtopic :S!:

#49 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 29 January 2012 - 21:58

Let's end the offtopic.
Tnx

Bump! Let's. This topic is about the Flying Circus server.

#50 iowa-1966

iowa-1966

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:40

this was a fun server before- I went on it yesterday and the plane selection stunk. If your afraid of being shot down go fly on he servers that cater to ' new' guys. Whoever owns this server really ruined it by caveing into the great whining masses- christ, the real war was ' shoot anything that moves' If you own a server I guess it's your right to ruin it- Schaefer is correct, this view of WWI aircombat as some noble gentlemanly sport is false.

Sean McDermott

#51 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 30 January 2012 - 18:18

It's not about being noble it's about not misleading new players into a hostile environment where they can't learn and become meat for people's egos - and hence never enjoy or play MP again. Using the name "Newbie" kind of attracted them there oddly…

No-one is stopping you flying there or even vulching people there now - but hopefully new players will go to a more suitable site.

#52 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 30 January 2012 - 20:55

I see the stat pages for the Flying Circus Server are coming along nicely :S!:

http://flying-circus.riseofflight.net/

Are you going to run the "Tours" on a monthly basis?

#53 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 30 January 2012 - 23:23

Statistics are still being tested, so maybe sometimes it will not be available.
About of tours now i have nothing to say, i not thinking about it.

#54 Pirlouit

Pirlouit

Posted 04 February 2012 - 23:41

Where the hell is the Spad VII ?
It was available in quite many scenarios on Newbie, and here … nothing … :cry: :cry:

This was a very important and widespread plane : 5600 were built and it was used until very late in the war.
It should be available ! :S!:

#55 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 05 February 2012 - 00:14

I second that! I'm really missing my trusty Spad 7 aswell.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#56 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:32

spad7 added to some of the mission.

#57 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:52

Vaal,thank you so much! :S!:

#58 Kelp

Kelp
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 05 February 2012 - 16:06

Thanks Vaal for playing on the ball as usual and adding the Spad7.
BTW much appreciate the refurbishing.
Seems to go sweet this we to.

#59 Pirlouit

Pirlouit

Posted 05 February 2012 - 22:46

Yes, thank you Vaal for our beloved Spad 7 !! :S!:

#60 Hoogie

Hoogie

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:17

Great server Vaal.

There has been some pretty good action on there the last few nights and it has been tonnes of fun.

Ignore the whiners. The server is still tops in my books.

#61 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:32

Tried the server for fun last night and I had a ping value of 5 ! Everything run so smooth, in terms of connection quality and stability absolutely amazing indeed what stands in sharp contrast to the FF server, unfortunately :(

What I cannot stand however are the icons thatswhy it is not a true alternative for me.

BTW I wish our FF server would run similar but it is rather the opposite. I guess mainly due to the bad connection and instability the FF server sees almost no action recently.

:S!:

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj / Operations Officer / 1. Eskadra Mysliwska / 1. Pulk Lotniczy / http://www.1pl.boo.pl

bannerf11esks.png?raw=1

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com

#62 19te.Deafbee

19te.Deafbee

Posted 10 February 2012 - 13:34

This has been my favorite server since I started playing ROF. Still is.

But the reason I loved it was because of its fast actions. You could quickly get in the air an into the action.

But why now so big maps? People including myself quit, when you have to fly for 15 minutes and gets shot down in a second.

Thanks for a great server.

#63 Pirlouit

Pirlouit

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:08

What I cannot stand however are the icons thatswhy it is not a true alternative for me.

The icons + no virtual instruments panel makes it an intermediate server somewhere beetween NewWings and FastFood. This allows pilots with an intermediate level to fly and therefore a server where the only help is icons has it's own place.

#64 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 14 February 2012 - 13:24

I'm not a seasoned multiplayer (haven't played RoF lately, at all). Yesterday I decided to take a peek into some multiplayer action and entered Flying Circus.

Unfortunately, I couldn't hit a thing (guess I hit an AlbV several times, it was smoking but refused to go down until his friend shot me out of the sky.) :)
Also, I took off in a Dolphin and bombed an enemy aerodrome (4 bombs on the barracks, but they didn't even get scratch - LOL). Guess that the barracks are too strong for the bombs that I was carrying on the Dolphin. Need to learn more about bombs.

When I fly against the AI, I usually put four or five of them at once against me (different skills mixed, from average to ace), and I don't have trouble shooting them down (using AI mod to make them more unpredictable). At the server, things were *way* different. It seemed to me that I was hitting other planes, but they just weren't being damaged. I live in Brazil, so it may be some kind of "lag"? (I doubt that, though). Tried to fly as a gunner but my gun was always turning full right or left at the slightest touch of the mouse… couldnt understand why. Need to check offline.

I remember playing online several months ago (don't remember the server, but it was pre-1.2x version), where I managed to shot down 4 opponents in a row during a good and intense furball. Boy, after yesterday, I think I was just lucky that time. :)
Anyway, even being shot down repeatedly (and at least two times by ground fire), it was interesting to try online again. Very sharp shooters there. I guess I'm some 10 years worth in training behind the schedule. :P

Cheers.

Edit: by the way, I'm seeing people talking about icons… the only icons I saw were marks in the map showing the objectives (I fly full realism). Is this ok?

#65 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 14 February 2012 - 14:20

If you press "i" there will show up a small black X on all planes in your view. If you get close to 0.7 distance they will turn red for enemy or blue for friendly and the Planetype will be shown aswell as the pilots name if you're at about 0.15 distance. Not all Servers offer this setting,but Flying Circus does.

I've seen some pretty good Pilots lately on the Server,so you may had just bad luck and ran into a few of them repeatedly. And as for hitting the Plane,if you not hit them at critical areas such as engine or Pilot etc. it can feel as if they live forever.^^ But i guess lag can also be a factor there. Maybe try to give even more lead than what you are used to in Singleplayer.

#66 MPcdn

MPcdn

Posted 18 February 2012 - 23:18

Great server but you have one map called CTF Lake 2 that you can not use airfield by the lake even if you have that flag. It makes for a lot of long flying and the map is up a long time. Can you make so flights are shorter by opening up al air fields.

Thank you

#67 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:03

tnx, this is a bug
will be fixed

#68 Fabioccio

Fabioccio

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:23

The connection from mine is good, apart from one fellow that went under the terrain during a dogfight and passed through it like a ghost (…lagging…cheating…I don't know), the combat are amusing.
The padlock view is the best advantage you have there, especially if you don't own a trackIR (like me :( ).
Only one thing: more planes please!
I end up always using SE5a or Camel against Fokker D7F or DrI (why there's never the fokker D7 ?)
Why not a mission with early planes like neuport 11, alb DII, RE8, Pup & C. ?

#69 MPcdn

MPcdn

Posted 19 February 2012 - 13:48

It was a bug good to know. Thank you for taking the time to set up the server!

On the plane side can you add PUP.

Thank you

#70 89

Posted 26 February 2012 - 13:35

Who and for what reason decided to make FLying Circus server with the stupid knights/corsairs theme? Was there a poll here or did 777 just decide it was a great idea?

I personally hate it and will not fly there- flying an antante planes and shooting antante planes looks and feels crap. Plus, its pointless to try and zoom in and identify the plane- wahtever it is it could be friend or foe.

Will have to fly on New Wings now- the only other server with normal plane sets and markers.

#71 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 26 February 2012 - 13:44

There's still fastfood for ya.

#72 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 26 February 2012 - 14:14

Who and for what reason decided to make FLying Circus server with the stupid knights/corsairs theme? Was there a poll here or did 777 just decide it was a great idea?

I personally hate it and will not fly there- flying an antante planes and shooting antante planes looks and feels crap. Plus, its pointless to try and zoom in and identify the plane- wahtever it is it could be friend or foe.

Will have to fly on New Wings now- the only other server with normal plane sets and markers.
Я организатор этого сервера. 777 не имеют никакого отношения к нему. Не нравиться не летай. Никто не заставляет.

п.с. маркеры на этом сервере тоже есть
п.п.с. и за языком следи

#73 89

Posted 26 February 2012 - 14:28

There's still fastfood for ya.

Fast food does not have plane icons.

#74 89

Posted 26 February 2012 - 14:30

Я организатор этого сервера. 777 не имеют никакого отношения к нему. Не нравиться не летай. Никто не заставляет.

п.с. маркеры на этом сервере тоже есть
п.п.с. и за языком следи
когда-то сам писал что не "не враг себе чтоб делать смешанные сеты самолетов", а тут на тебе…

#75 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 26 February 2012 - 14:57

Даже если и писал, только дураки никогда не меняют своего мнения. Сейчас уже не помню о чем была речь, но если про ньюбай - то я остаюсь и сейчас при своем мнение - для новичков такой пленсет лучше не ставить. А в цирке почему нет, фан от этого есть.
Кроме того емнип только 2 или 3 миссии из 10 имеют такой пленсет.

#76 89

Posted 26 February 2012 - 15:30

Кроме того емнип только 2 или 3 миссии из 10 имеют такой пленсет.

Не знал. Ну ладно буду заглядывать в Цирк в надежде на 80-70% попадания на "правильный" плейнсет. Спасибо за ответ.

#77 Kelp

Kelp
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 29 February 2012 - 13:57

Funny 89, when last month you wrote in the General section - post subject,What would make an interesting campaign? Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:43 pm, I quote :" …as I think RoF lacks a non-historic campaign with fictional character that would be more free to have various fun elements that would otherwise be impossible due to historical ties." LOL
Toggle on the icons sport, might make all the difference; goes with the relaxed flying options made available, like it was on Newbie and is on NW. Only if you did/do fly those while you seem to forget, temporary selective amnesia?
Know a troll when you read one :)

#78 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 29 February 2012 - 18:27

Hello all,
Don't know if its just me,but since a few days I can not see Flying Circus on the Serverlist anymore.

#79 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 29 February 2012 - 18:57

server problems, blue screen, when the problem will be solved - I do not know yet

#80 ST_Agent86

ST_Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 29 February 2012 - 19:18

Ahh Thanks for the update Vaal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users