- - - - -

Flying Circus

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

#641 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:22

I agree with SeaW0lf, the DVII would be a better choice for certain maps/missions (no I don't want to see DVIIF removed altogether).

About planesets
I can offer such an option. You (active pilots) are creating an initiative group. At least 3-5 people. Discuss planeset for each mission, negotiate among themselves. Then send me an updated planeset. Frequently change planeset for large quantity of the missions I will not. But once a month, I think I can.

Please, if you'll do it - do it in a separate topic. Eg Flying Circus Planesets.

Do you want to kick this off SeaW0lf by creating a new topic? I'd be happy to volunteer to be part of any 'initiative group'.

That would be cool, Sid, because I miss the DVII at FC. Where do I place the topic? Maybe tomorrow I'll write it down. Today I am ready to hit the sack :D
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#642 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:24

As long as there is more early war

you lot have the fate of FC :D

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#643 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:35

Early war empties the server. They're not going to add more early war missions.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#644 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:21

Empties server from Camel/Dr1-only aces.
If 777 wants to sell all planes, then they should have a chance to be used in MP.

#645 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:27

I agree with SeaW0lf, the DVII would be a better choice for certain maps/missions (no I don't want to see DVIIF removed altogether).

About planesets
I can offer such an option. You (active pilots) are creating an initiative group. At least 3-5 people. Discuss planeset for each mission, negotiate among themselves. Then send me an updated planeset. Frequently change planeset for large quantity of the missions I will not. But once a month, I think I can.

Please, if you'll do it - do it in a separate topic. Eg Flying Circus Planesets.

Do you want to kick this off SeaW0lf by creating a new topic? I'd be happy to volunteer to be part of any 'initiative group'.

@Sid
Deep respect for you flying underdogs on FC.
And… chivalry.
:S!:

#646 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:48

That would be cool, Sid, because I miss the DVII at FC. Where do I place the topic? Maybe tomorrow I'll write it down. Today I am ready to hit the sack :D

I would have thought the same section as this post would be fine Mission Making & Servers, just title it something like "Flying Circus - Planeset Discussion" (I think =FB=Vaal just wants us to have it separate post from this one).

The first thing we need to do is define what missions we have now and which aircraft are available in them (I'm away for the next couple of days, but I'll have a go at this when I get back if no one else has done it already).

I also think any changes we suggest, should be small tweaks rather than sweeping changes. The FC server is generally popular as is, say just swapping the DVIIF for the DVII in one mission and see how it goes to start with.

#647 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 06 April 2014 - 13:26

I would have thought the same section as this post would be fine Mission Making & Servers, just title it something like "Flying Circus - Planeset Discussion" (I think =FB=Vaal just wants us to have it separate post from this one).

The first thing we need to do is define what missions we have now and which aircraft are available in them (I'm away for the next couple of days, but I'll have a go at this when I get back if no one else has done it already).

I also think any changes we suggest, should be small tweaks rather than sweeping changes. The FC server is generally popular as is, say just swapping the DVIIF for the DVII in one mission and see how it goes to start with.

Cool, thanks. And I agree, one mission change would be a good way about it.

#648 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 06 April 2014 - 15:03

I would like to help guys…

Here's an actual FC missions rotation list
(L) means "late" = includes Camel/Dr1
(E) means "earlier" = no Camel/Dr1 :)

Of course it's very rough influenced by the fact that many 'aces' avoid flying anything except Camel/Dr1, so it was made for me and Piri to have a better chance to join 'ace'-less missions :x

tdm_island_1" (L)
tdm_hills" (L)
ctf_lake_1" (L)
tdm_verdun_2" (E)
tdm_lake_1" (L)
ctf_island_1" (L)
cf_lake" (E)
tdm_verdun_1" (L)
ctf_lake_2" (E)
ctf_verdun" (E)
tdm_verdun_3" (E)
ctf_island_2" (E)

I will expand it (full planes list) according to actual status in Wolfie's new topic if you like.

#649 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 06 April 2014 - 16:32

Of course it's very rough influenced by the fact that many 'aces' avoid flying anything except Camel/Dr1, so it was made for me and Piri to have a better chance to join 'ace'-less missions :x

tdm_island_1" (L)
tdm_hills" (L)
ctf_lake_1" (L)
tdm_verdun_2" (E)
tdm_lake_1" (L)
ctf_island_1" (L)
cf_lake" (E)
tdm_verdun_1" (L)
ctf_lake_2" (E)
ctf_verdun" (E)
tdm_verdun_3" (E)
ctf_island_2" (E)

I will expand it (full planes list) according to actual status in Wolfie's new topic if you like.

Thanks, Ami. I'll post it tonight. Or if any of you want to get ahead and post it, no problem. I vote for the DVII in the Verdun mission (with four airfields). The mission without Camels and Dr1, of course.

#650 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 06 April 2014 - 16:56

I disagree. Last time I played early war there were 36 on its peak.

tdm_island_1" (L)
tdm_hills" (L)
ctf_lake_1" (L)
tdm_verdun_2" (E)
tdm_lake_1" (L)
ctf_island_1" (L)
cf_lake" (E)
tdm_verdun_1" (L)
ctf_lake_2" (E)
ctf_verdun" (E)
tdm_verdun_3" (E)
ctf_island_2" (E

Thats a nice mix!

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#651 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 06 April 2014 - 17:41

tdm_island_1" (L)
tdm_hills" (L)
ctf_lake_1" (L)
tdm_verdun_2" (E)
tdm_lake_1" (L)
ctf_island_1" (L)
cf_lake" (E)
tdm_verdun_1" (L)
ctf_lake_2" (E)
ctf_verdun" (E)
tdm_verdun_3" (E)
ctf_island_2" (E)

Thanks, Ami. I'll post it tonight. Or if any of you want to get ahead and post it, no problem. I vote for the DVII in the Verdun mission (with four airfields). The mission without Camels and Dr1, of course.

Do it SW.
I will help gladly if I can.

#652 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 06 April 2014 - 18:15

I disagree. Last time I played early war there were 36 on its peak.

Feel free to disagree, but you're wrong. Vaal posted it in here a few months ago. Early war empties the server, and he must have the stats or he would not have posted it.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#653 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 06 April 2014 - 18:27

I also think the loss of Camel and DR1 noobs is very refreshing.

Early War only loses 2-3 players now when I play. A while ago, I'd agree. But now? They seem to reach the same peak.

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#654 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:59

I am certainly glad that began self-organization. Better late than never.
But I already have made ​​a different decision
I give rights to the server to another person and his team.
Re: Flying Circus
hardmid aka =AxA=_OOO
They are more active in ROF than me
So it is no longer my "project"

#655 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 07 April 2014 - 15:01

I guess this explains the servers move to RU, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they come up with.

#656 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 07 April 2014 - 16:01

Will they present themselves to the community and perhaps lay their future intentions for the server so that we can be in the loop?

#657 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 07 April 2014 - 16:05

Will they present themselves to the community and perhaps lay their future intentions for the server so that we can be in the loop?

Would be nice…

#658 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 07 April 2014 - 16:08

Oh, and a BIG thank you Vaal for all your work on Flying Circus!!!

#659 ST-Zeno

ST-Zeno

Posted 07 April 2014 - 20:35

Server in the process of moving to another hosting. If all goes well - that stat update after the move.

Please, can you tell us how long we have to wait for at least? (date) would be nice! thx

#660 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:32

Server in the process of moving to another hosting. If all goes well - that stat update after the move.

Please, can you tell us how long we have to wait for at least? (date) would be nice! thx
Now it does not depend on me, so I can not say any specific terms.
previously expected that the move to be completed this week.

#661 ST-Zeno

ST-Zeno

Posted 09 April 2014 - 15:03

Now it does not depend on me, so I can not say any specific terms.
previously expected that the move to be completed this week.

thx, that will be great.all we RoF-fans will waiting for :S!:

#662 ACE-OF-ACES

ACE-OF-ACES

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:55

Better late than never.
Well with that said, it is not too late to thank you for all the great times you provided us with your server! I just hope the new owners don't make the mistake a lot of new owners make by making a lot of changes. Granted FC is not the most realism server, but I think it is safe to say that it is one of the funest servers! Good luck in what ever it is your doing that has taking you away from us!

#663 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 10 April 2014 - 16:09

^^

#664 2LtBlake

2LtBlake

Posted 16 April 2014 - 14:33

where's the circus?
I didn't realize that it had been sold, has the name changed or is it just gone?
:(

#665 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 16 April 2014 - 15:03

Yesterday it was still there…no idea where it has gone.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#666 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 16 April 2014 - 15:05

Yesterday it was still there…no idea where it has gone.

When were you there Piri?
I flew with Zeno and Nooney in the evening but haven't seen you.
:(

#667 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 16 April 2014 - 15:07

I wasn't there yesterday,but I saw the server in the List.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#668 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 16 April 2014 - 15:08

Next time join us
:x

#669 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 16 April 2014 - 16:00

… but ATM rly no FC in the servers list…
:?

#670 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 16 April 2014 - 17:19

I hope it will show up… it's the server thatgets most of the players… it would be a HUGE loss for 777 if it was all gone.

#671 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 16 April 2014 - 17:27

They might be fixing something. The problem is, we don't hear anything. Sounds like one of those mystery movies :D

But the community is strong. Don't loose heart.

#672 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:17

Back on! :) hope the stats work too… ;)

#673 ST-Zeno

ST-Zeno

Posted 17 April 2014 - 14:00

Back on! :) hope the stats work too… ;)

its a main server problem :x

#674 The_Welsh_Git

The_Welsh_Git

Posted 20 April 2014 - 15:48

Had a good day on the circus today. Played a lot of single player but put the game down for a few months. New job so didn't have time to practice. Rudder pedals broke. Bought some new ones and decided to dive in on multiplayer. figured out I couldn't take off as my rudder was inverted on every new plane.. probably took out a couple of team mates that way but I fixed it. Think My K/D was about 0 for 30 but never got any grief from the other players. Never got called NOOB or whatever (I guess NP means new player :) ) Either way I helped my team onwards to several massive defeats but was still treated with civility. Nice to see. Promise to practice a bit more before I go play again

#675 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 20 April 2014 - 16:38

Welcome to multiplayer! NP means "no problem" :D

#676 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:02

Seems the stats in FC have gone, Trolls used them for there Ace of the month comp, looks like FC has competition now, AH=sid= has launched a new server Aces falling its moderated, (cuts down on dick heads), and looks a more polished setup than FC, based in GB (good ping)the new owners of FC done very little if anything since taking over from vaal, I for one am moving to AF server.

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#677 raffles

raffles

Posted 04 May 2014 - 13:12

Great little book selling in "The Works" bookshop in the U.K. now for £5.96 called "Aircraft of World War 1" Great coloured profiles of the aircraft employed by all nations which I have not seen before.

#678 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 04 May 2014 - 13:42

I have it. Nice book.

#679 =AxA=_OOO

=AxA=_OOO

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:02

Всем доброго дня.

Статистика сервера долго была недоступна, но мы ее "подняли" и заставили работать.
Целью переноса было сохранение результатов всей 15Gb базы данных статистики за прошедшее со старта сервера время. Отсутствуют только апрель и май 2014, во время которых делался переезд.

Скоро статистика станет доступна по старым адресам: http://flying-circus.riseofflight.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://flying-circus.riseofflight.net и http://fc.riseofflight.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fc.riseofflight.net

Резервные адреса статистики уже доступны по адресам: http://fc.axeman.su" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fc.axeman.su либо http://flying-circus.axeman.su" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://flying-circus.axeman.su

Просьба по возможности зайти на сервер и помочь нам протестировать работу сервера, нагрузку на него и его старую новую статистику.

Кроме того, если у кого-нибудь есть пожелания по работе сервера - мы будем готовы рассмотреть и принять их в разработку в целях дальнейшего развития ресурса.

Спасибо, ждем Вас в нашем общем небе!

——————————-
Eng:

All the good days.

Stats has long been available, but we have "raised " and forced to work.
The purpose of the transfer was to preserve the results of all 15Gb database statistics in the past with the server start time. Absent only in April and May 2014, during which makes moving.

Statistics will be available soon at the old address: http://flying-circus.riseofflight.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://flying-circus.riseofflight.net and http://fc.riseofflight.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fc.riseofflight.net

Reserve address statistics are available at the following addresses: http://fc.axeman.su" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fc.axeman.su or http://flying-circus.axeman.su" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://flying-circus.axeman.su

Please possible to access the server and help us test the server load on him and his old new statistics.

Also, if anyone has suggestions on the server - we are ready to consider and adopt in their development in order to further develop the resource.

Thank you, waiting for you in our common sky!

Sincerely, =AxA=_OOO & Air Group =Axeman= (=AxA=).

#680 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:11

Flying Circus - moved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users