Photo
- - - - -

Flying Circus

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

#601 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:21

I like the message side of it, it seemed to work well this evening, guys where even apologising when it happen. But I agree it should be friendly aircraft only, I got one of these messages for hitting the flag pole near my own base while trying to defend it (just me and one enemy there), more worrying my aircraft immediately took damage. Is kill shooter now on as well?

Track-dogfight.2014-02-23_19-15-01_05.zip

#602 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:15

Every time someone asked to enable this option, I talked about this side effects.
It works for all objects. No options.

#603 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:53

Thanks for the info, I'll see how it goes.

Is it possible to have the 'Penalty' message in the text buffer and a points penalty without the 'Return friendly fire' damage to the players aircraft?

#604 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 24 February 2014 - 13:38

without changes in the game code - no …

#605 CGardner99

CGardner99

Posted 25 February 2014 - 00:38

The only way to truly get a handle on what ills flying circus is active admins. New Wings has admins at all times and for the most part things seem fine (though they do have some issues, as always absolute power corrupts).
Just not sure what can be done within the frame work of the game. Was not aware of all the side effects of the implementation of the friendly fire as it stands I'm not sure I want to bother with it.

#606 .:level:.

.:level:.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 14:37

The only way to truly get a handle on what ills flying circus is active admins.

+1

#607 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 16:06

Active admins (demi gods in a plane) soon as you start active admins there the ones who dont have fun, every winge moan, and petty pop will have em all screaming ban them ""they shot me landing BAN" they called me a dick BAN" politics 100% fun 0%, poor admins then have to play the bad guy, kick the culprit the others say bad call, don't kick em its favroutism, bottom line is your never gonna please all the people all the time, friendly fire on or off its always gonna be a no win situation to someone, sheeeesh I remember the big moan at one time cause the windsocks didnt move, what next my tyres arnt wearing down realisticly and the SE5a has one rivit less than the real thing, nothing wrong with flying circus just inexperienced pilots pissed off at getting shot down by experienced pilots=frustration

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#608 Mad_Marx

Mad_Marx

Posted 26 February 2014 - 14:08

+1^

friendly fire warning on, and for the rest in my opinion when somebody misbehaves in FC he normally will be gently (or the hard way) corrected by the rest so no admins needed.

#609 TX-EcoDragon

TX-EcoDragon

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:15

=J13=mamochka 24hr ban for intentional friendly fire

#610 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:33

=J13=mamochka 24hr ban for intentional friendly fire
PMSL hes got away with it for years and they finaly caught up with him, but how come if friendly fire is on, surly he would have just shot himself to bits?????

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#611 Fokker_you

Fokker_you

Posted 07 March 2014 - 17:49

Hi Vaal, I know you've said you don't have time
To edit maps and so on. But is it possible
To make the early war maps a bit more
Frequent? Like TDM Verdun 3 and CF lake?
I mean TDM hills runs 3 times in the cycle.
It would be nice if it wasn't dr1 v camel all the
Time. S!

#612 hamburg1984

hamburg1984

Posted 07 March 2014 - 18:17

I Have one Wich please for the Flying Circus!

Please devide the planes into allied / axis, it would be more realistic to fight as allied vs axis planes and as axis vs allied planes, i meant its rubbish to fight dr1 vs dr1.

#613 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 07 March 2014 - 18:25

I'd go along with that. Image

TDM Verdun 3 and CF lake (with its destroy targets concept rather than fly around a flag concept) are my favourite maps.

TDM hills comes around far too often.

#614 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 07 March 2014 - 18:50

I'll say it again you can't please all of the people all of the time, without a poll, you only have your own preferences, for instance I like DR1 V DR1 it pitts dr1 pilots against each other, better dr1 pilot wins, same with camel, but not everyone likes it, predominantly FC works well, it caters for the majority. when the trolls had there own server I had request from none trolls on plane sets, and by far the most populated were when the camel and dr1 were on, we barely had anyone on in early only plane sets, so in the end we had to cater for the majority, and to be honest FC server is running almost identical to our old server with the maps put up, most pilots flick from FC to wargrounds to get the plane sets they want

#615 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:48

ok, i changed rotation list
list in first post
Flying Circus
You can offer your own lists.

About planesets
I can offer such an option. You (active pilots) are creating an initiative group. At least 3-5 people. Discuss planeset for each mission, negotiate among themselves. Then send me an updated planeset. Frequently change planeset for large quantity of the missions I will not. But once a month, I think I can.

Please, if you'll do it - do it in a separate topic. Eg Flying Circus Planesets.

#616 CGardner99

CGardner99

Posted 08 March 2014 - 19:52

What is going on in the Flying Circus server, a lot of my kills are going unreported. Is there a kill cache that has to be cleared or some setting adjusted. Just blew apart a Halb Cll showed pilot dying and yet no credit. Is this a bug /side effect of having the FF protection on. Is anyone else experiencing this, is there something I can do on my end. Anyway just curious as to a cause.

#617 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 08 March 2014 - 20:03

What is going on in the Flying Circus server, a lot of my kills are going unreported. Is there a kill cache that has to be cleared or some setting adjusted. Just blew apart a Halb Cll showed pilot dying and yet no credit. Is this a bug /side effect of having the FF protection on. Is anyone else experiencing this, is there something I can do on my end. Anyway just curious as to a cause.
Make sure your kills are on the enemy :D

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#618 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 08 March 2014 - 20:42

Something is wrong,the Statswindow is sometimes completly blank and then no kills,accuracy,points are getting updated. This happens pretty often and on every map.It could be Masterserver related.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#619 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 08 March 2014 - 21:41

This is still not fixed, please plant some trees here: CTF Lake 2 (i think)

#620 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 08 March 2014 - 22:10

Something is wrong,the Statswindow is sometimes completly blank and then no kills,accuracy,points are getting updated. This happens pretty often and on every map.It could be Masterserver related.

Agree, happened to me quite a few times I clearly destroyed a plane, saw it disintegrate, but got no kill.
No biggie, love the server, but…
You know ;))

#621 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 08 March 2014 - 23:34

I find the first 3 kills go unrecorded then it seems to see you after that, weird

#622 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 08 March 2014 - 23:44

It seems to be a master server issue, because at Wargrounds it is the same thing. Several of my kills were not scored and the stats window sometimes goes blank in the middle of the mission.
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#623 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:26

It seems to be a master server issue, because at Wargrounds it is the same thing. Several of my kills were not scored and the stats window sometimes goes blank in the middle of the mission.

Yes, saw that blank stats window several times too…
Will try to make a PrintScreen next time.

#624 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:05

About lost kills, stats and etc
This master server problems - please report in this topic
MASTER ISSUES - please post here

This is still not fixed, please plant some trees here: CTF Lake 2 (i think)
I already answered this question. It can not be corrected in the mission editor. You can contact support.

#625 RemonttiRene

RemonttiRene

Posted 27 March 2014 - 00:24

Those CTF missions are just so annoying that I usually quit playing. There are always couple of bombers that park their plane on enemy airfield/flag and gun down planes taking off. But the real problem is that they are really hard to kill once they have landed. They can just keep shooting you even if their plane is wrecked. Couple of nights ago there was a Gotha landed on my airfield that was missing a wing and the fuselage was cut in half, but the gunner was shooting planes trying to take off.

Even that Brandenburg is really hard to kill once it has landed. You just better bomb them to get rid of them.

Not much to do with air combat…

#626 ACE-OF-ACES

ACE-OF-ACES

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:01

Those CTF missions are just so annoying that I usually quit playing.
I love FC's CTF maps!

There are always couple of bombers that park their plane on enemy airfield/flag and gun down planes taking off. But the real problem is that they are really hard to kill once they have landed. They can just keep shooting you even if their plane is wrecked. Couple of nights ago there was a Gotha landed on my airfield that was missing a wing and the fuselage was cut in half, but the gunner was shooting planes trying to take off. Even that Brandenburg is really hard to kill once it has landed.
When I see an enemy bomber at my airfield, I switch to a different air field.. If there are no other air fields, than you just have to deal with it the best you can, which is even harder now with the FF turned on.. Before you could take off in a bomber and bomb the enemy bomber sitting at your airfield, but now chances are you will blow yourself or other team mates up in the process. But, this scenario does not happen often enough to justify turning off FF IMHO, Nothing is perfect, but FF is great in deterring over the shoulder shooters who for some reason think they should not have to stop shooting when a team mate maneuvers in closer to the enemy for the kill.

You just better bomb them to get rid of them.
Better yet, shoot them down before they get to your base! The goal of a bomber is to bomb the base and anyone at the base, it's what they do! And if they land or get shot down at your base, all it really proves is your side is not doing a good enough job at shooting down the bombers before they get there! ;)

Not much to do with air combat…
So? FC is not a realistic server! Thus it would be silly to expect realistic actions.. It is a shoot-em-up Quake high score style of server where anything goes.. Except team killing and offensive language! Other than that anything goes!

We all define what is 'fun' and one mans fun is another mans boredom.. If you don't like the setting at FC, try some of the other servers that have more realistic settings.. Just keep in mind that no flight sim ever was, is, or will be REAL! Hence the name SIMULATION!

#627 ST-Zeno

ST-Zeno

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:58

But, this scenario does not happen often enough to justify turning off FF IMHO, Nothing is perfect, but FF is great in deterring over the shoulder shooters who for some reason think they should not have to stop shooting when a team mate maneuvers in closer to the enemy for the kill.

… or forget that they are in a plane and ram their teammates by the try to steal their kill. Ramming an opponent in combat can always happen in fact of airspeed is to high or simple wrong decicions. More than half of beeing killed is in case of getting rammed,mostly by teammates. This needs a penalty system.

#628 ST-Zeno

ST-Zeno

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:05

list in first post
Flying Circus

About planesets
I can offer such an option. You (active pilots) are creating an initiative group. At least 3-5 people. Discuss planeset for each mission, negotiate among themselves. Then send me an updated planeset. Frequently change planeset for large quantity of the missions I will not. But once a month, I think I can.

Please, if you'll do it - do it in a separate topic. Eg Flying Circus Planesets.

for me is balnce the most important thing. in the tdm hills map the allied planes are underpowered
and had only little chance to win the round. the DR7f had no equal opponent. Take it out the planeset please. :)

#629 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:17

list in first post
Flying Circus

About planesets

for me is balnce the most important thing. in the tdm hills map the allied planes are underpowered
and had only little chance to win the round. the DR7f had no equal opponent. Take it out the planeset please. :)

I don't see the DVIIF dominating TDM hills at all. The plane set is sort of complete and it starts from Camel/Dr1 and goes down through S13 and SE5a/DVIIF and so on so forth. By the way, I don't recall when was the last time I flew it.

The DVIIF and Pfalzes are kinda off balance in the mission against Nieuports, Spads and SE5a. It could have the DVII instead, although it seems underpowered in ROF. The Pfalz is perhaps the biggest parasite of the game, since people say that it was a clumsy balloon booster and it is used in ROF to balance most plane sets, which creates another aberration.

In fact, mission builders must have a hard time to set up the plane set. Since I read Gould Lee saying that the Albatros series was a sort of boom and zoomer for Pups, and in ROF it is the opposite, I can't fly them anymore (I wasn't flying them anyway). Today I flew one, because I had too, and I was thinking: "What a bummer, because the plane itself is a badass." And they were.

#630 RemonttiRene

RemonttiRene

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:40

Better yet, shoot them down before they get to your base! The goal of a bomber is to bomb the base and anyone at the base, it's what they do! And if they land or get shot down at your base, all it really proves is your side is not doing a good enough job at shooting down the bombers before they get there! ;)
The bolded part I agree. I'm not certain, but it feels like killing the gunner is the only way to stop a landed bomber from shooting you. Sitting at enemy airfield sounds base camping to me and that's not generally accepted in any game.

We all define what is 'fun' and one mans fun is another mans boredom.. If you don't like the setting at FC, try some of the other servers that have more realistic settings.. Just keep in mind that no flight sim ever was, is, or will be REAL! Hence the name SIMULATION!
I usually get my arse kicked in Wargrounds server and sometimes at Fastfood server. But there is not always enough players in there but in FC there usually is. I guess "Icons on" setting is reason to that.

#631 ACE-OF-ACES

ACE-OF-ACES

Posted 28 March 2014 - 18:37

… or forget that they are in a plane and ram their teammates by the try to steal their kill.
teammates by the try to?

Did you mean FF is great in deterring over the shoulder shooters who for some reason think they should not have to stop shooting when a team mate maneuvers in closer to the enemy for the kill, but now the shoulder shooters who for some reason think they should ram team mates that maneuvers in closer to the enemy for the kill.

Sad but true, now that them smacktards cant shoot you they will most likely just ram you.. But when you have guys like that who feel they have been robbed by a team mate who is actually closer to the enemy and thus has a better solution to fire..

What can you do? In the real world and a realistic server, the farther back team mate should switch to covering his team mate who is closer to the enemy, not shoot his team mate or ram his team mate.

And that ram thing is just another example of why FC is NOT a realistic server!

Ramming an opponent in combat can always happen in fact of airspeed is to high or simple wrong decicions.
Agreed, ramming can happen anytime anywhere.. Why just the other day I was in the super market and this good looking girl was shopping.. So, I took my shopping cart and intentionally rammed into hers, just to strike up a conversation!

More than half of beeing killed is in case of getting rammed,mostly by teammates.
Which is just more proof that FC is not a realistic server.. most of the folks that fly in FC are shoot-em-up bang bang gang bang types that migrated from games like Quake to flight sims.. Sadly their high scores are more important to them than air combat tactics

This needs a penalty system.
Agreed.. I think FF is great in that it forces those who shoulder shoot to think twice about shooting.. and for those that feel the need to ram their team mates for flying better than they are such that they got in closer to the kill.. It would be nice if they could come up with a penalty for that!

But even if they don't the good news is there are not too many out there that consider ramming to be an option.. let alone a skill.. I only know of one flyer in FC that resorts to ramming on a regular bases, and is so proud of his ramming skills that his handle reflect it, i.e. RamrJamr

#632 ACE-OF-ACES

ACE-OF-ACES

Posted 28 March 2014 - 18:46

Sitting at enemy airfield sounds base camping to me and that's not generally accepted in any game.
Generally.. but it does not break the rules of the FC server.. Thus when you see such things, don't get mad, get even!

I usually get my arse kicked in Wargrounds server and sometimes at Fastfood server. But there is not always enough players in there but in FC there usually is.
Sad but true, but such is life with flight sims in general

I guess "Icons on" setting is reason to that.
Emmm maybe, but, I think FC has a lot to do with the fact that it caters to the shoot-em-up bang bang high score types that have made their way into flight sims over the past 10 to 15 years.. 20 years ago it was not like that.. Well it was far less like that anyways! Back in the day of Air Warrior where you paid $12/hr to play on the Genie network you were less apt to play flight sims unless you real Real REAL loved flight simming! And that kind of love tends to go hand in hand with the more adult and realistic types of players.

Now with free and or near free to play online flight sims.. You get a lot of kids that could not even tell you who won WWII let alone know the difference between TnB and BnZ tatics thus most of what you see is kid-os flying circles about 100ft of the ground just waiting for a chance to pull the trigger.. Which is fine, to each his own, sad part is some of those think that is the way it was! I actually like those types online at times.. They make for good target practice and calibration of guns! ;)

#633 ST-Zeno

ST-Zeno

Posted 31 March 2014 - 20:13

Why did FC- Stats stops counting records since 29.3.14, 18:40 pm? meanwhile i got over 40 victories not count. Our squad names the best pilot of the month and uses this stats. its not that important but a big part of fun in RoF. Hope its getting fixed soon.

#634 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 31 March 2014 - 20:16

Server in the process of moving to another hosting. If all goes well - that stat update after the move.

#635 Bump

Bump
  • LocationColorado

Posted 01 April 2014 - 13:46

Why just the other day I was in the super market and this good looking girl was shopping.. So, I took my shopping cart and intentionally rammed into hers, just to strike up a conversation!
I gotta try that tactic!

#636 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 01 April 2014 - 16:53

Why just the other day I was in the super market and this good looking girl was shopping.. So, I took my shopping cart and intentionally rammed into hers, just to strike up a conversation!
I gotta try that tactic!
One of the conditions is tho your not ugly so think again bambi chewer :xx:

#637 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 03 April 2014 - 23:20

Server in the process of moving to another hosting. If all goes well - that stat update after the move.

I see the FC server has now moved from 'DE' to 'RU'.

This evening started with lots of players warping-disappearing-reappearing-warping, but it seemed to get better as the night wore on.

The Master Server is still playing up though with lots of instances of "No Statistics on Game Server - empty statistics list", "No kill notifications", "Delayed kill notifications" all evening. :(

Any idea how long before the FC 'stats' will be up and running again?

#638 =AxA=_OOO

=AxA=_OOO

Posted 04 April 2014 - 17:25

Возьму на себя смелость ответить.
Статистика оптимизируется, так как в ней за два года накопилось много информации.
Активировать статистику планируется на следующей неделе. 8-)

I dare say. Usage optimized since two years, it accumulated a lot of information.
Activate Statistics is scheduled for next week. 8-)

#639 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 05 April 2014 - 14:23

I have a suggestion to make.

Why not replace the DVIIF for the DVII in the missions that don't have the Camel or the Dr1? Except for the Island with no Camels/Dr1, when it is cool to pit the DVIIF against each other.

Other than that, it is unbalanced, especially because the DVIIF has always the Pfalz to make pair with; an aberration of a plane that should not be in any mission. Not to mention that I never seen the DVII at FC.

It is a furball server, and since we have many FM errors, to make a historic balance is impossible anyway. If the N28 had an accurate FM, when they said it was very maneuverable, with good speed and two guns, the scenery would change dramatically.

But the way things stand, I think that the DVIIF with "supercharger" should be only present in uber missions.

#640 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:03

I agree with SeaW0lf, the DVII would be a better choice for certain maps/missions (no I don't want to see DVIIF removed altogether).

About planesets

Do you want to kick this off SeaW0lf by creating a new topic? I'd be happy to volunteer to be part of any 'initiative group'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users