Photo
- - - - -

Flying Circus

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

#561 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 26 December 2013 - 23:17

one thing is certain… there's a lot more fun when some top planes are unavailable

^^ This.

There will always be some scouts that are better than others, but the perpetual Dr1/Camel thing was old 2 years ago.

#562 Nrohtnalu

Nrohtnalu

Posted 26 December 2013 - 23:28

The Bristol problem is pretty much home made and typical for FC since the most rare version was choosen that saw its service tiem well aftr WW1. The Falcon II version would fit much better and simply is not that über-performing. And I wili never understand why there is no single overwing MG option fpr the Bristols.

#563 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:41

Now I do not have time to create and edit missions.
If someone create or edit mission - I'll add it to the server.

#564 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:04

Hey Vaal,
Since we are at suggesting things,it would be really nice if we would have some more early Planesets like in the Flying Circus TDM Verdun 3 or Flying Circus Capture Airfield Lake maps. Flying Circus seems to be a 2 Plane show (Camel/Dr1^^) mostly which is really sad because especially the earlier RoF Planes have much more to offer than this.
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that the maps with those early planes are the most enjoyable.

I agree with Pirato, I love playing Camel/Dr1-less maps too, even that I've finally managed to domesticate those two beasts :)

#565 Nrohtnalu

Nrohtnalu

Posted 27 December 2013 - 21:28

It would not be wrong to have a few targets for light bombers in tdm, could change the merry go round at treetop level behaviour a bit if there is somethign to defend…right now you can fly around in a F.E.2B at 4000 feet for 1 hour completely unmolested and drop one of your three 112 pounders here and then on spwawning planes….thats all. Just today i circels in a Felixstowe for 45minutes at 6000 feet above the waypoint…nobody bothered since they were all occupied with the merry go round spawn all 120seconds gain game. You can have a stragetical level even on fast paced action oriented maps, all it needs is a reason. Think of it as soem "wargrounds lite" and it could bring some fresh spirit into the somewhat dull FC missions. oh and having actual real airfields on verdun and hill maps to take off and land would help a lot for heavier planes.

#566 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 27 December 2013 - 22:57

Hey Vaal,
Since we are at suggesting things,it would be really nice if we would have some more early Planesets like in the Flying Circus TDM Verdun 3 or Flying Circus Capture Airfield Lake maps. Flying Circus seems to be a 2 Plane show (Camel/Dr1^^) mostly which is really sad because especially the earlier RoF Planes have much more to offer than this.
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that the maps with those early planes are the most enjoyable.

I agree with Pirato, I love playing Camel/Dr1-less maps too, even that I've finally managed to domesticate those two beasts :)

I also like to See more of those missions, even if I actually prefer the late-planeset. But I hate to fly Dr1 all the time to be able to defend myself. At least you could reduce the amount of missions including camel dr1 and pup. Thx

#567 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Posted 30 December 2013 - 19:24

I also like to See more of those missions, even if I actually prefer the late-planeset. But I hate to fly Dr1 all the time to be able to defend myself. At least you could reduce the amount of missions including camel dr1 and pup. Thx

Oh poor boy :) you have to defend yourself …

… and you play RoF from the beginnig, only two uber planes on fumes … that's sad, just my opinion but of course everybody is free to play what he/she likes.

Be the first and give the example but how if stats are on the way.

S!

Attached Files

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj / Operations Officer / 1. Eskadra Mysliwska / 1. Pulk Lotniczy / http://www.1pl.boo.pl

bannerf11esks.png?raw=1

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com

#568 von_Semmel

von_Semmel

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:47

… and you play RoF from the beginnig, only two uber planes on fumes

S!

1) I do not fly since the beginning… not even 2 years. (Wed 16 Feb 2011, 23:10)
2) I fly other planes as well. But not on FC.
3) I tried often enough to give the example during the last months. Doesn't change anything.
4) The stats are down, so I actually dont give a f***. The only stat I am interested in is my accurace.
5)Check out other good pilots fuelloadouts. they are at the same level as mine.

If you really think you have a chance in another plane… lets try and find out. I cant even remember to meet you during the last months, so dont judge me.

This post should not sound agressive in any way. :?

#569 von_Semmel

von_Semmel

Posted 11 January 2014 - 17:32

Hey Vaal, could you place a house or something like that between these MG stations and the spawn area? This groundfire killed me twice today http://youtu.be/tvnmpcff0NM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

#570 A.Challenge

A.Challenge
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 19 January 2014 - 23:16

If these stats are from FC it points out an interesting issue. While flown on the most sorties, the DR1 is only fifth in average score.

SPAD 13.C1 23.33 SE5a 22.00 Fk D.VIIF 17.16 R.E.8 14.66 Fk DR1 14.48

Mind you, this is a very small sample, but while it shows is that many people seem to choose the DR1 over other available aircraft, they aren't really scoring better with it. If fact, they have a better chance of improving their scores with a different machine.

It would be interesting to see how it works out with a bigger sample.

campribV.png

#571 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 20 January 2014 - 00:56

Oh poor boy :) you have to defend yourself …

… and you play RoF from the beginnig, only two uber planes on fumes … that's sad, just my opinion but of course everybody is free to play what he/she likes.

S!

Says the one who is *always* in the best scout available, usually the Camel.

#572 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:23

Mmmm! I don't think i will reply on that topic :roll:

But i want to thank the team for the great missions who entertain us so well.
Bravo to the team :S!:

#573 HotWaxtWeasel

HotWaxtWeasel

Posted 22 January 2014 - 18:40

I am finding that the Mission Files do not download today. I went into my Multiplayer folder and killed all of the Flying Circus files, but that didn't help either. Time to fly on another multiplayer server I guess.

#574 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:16

Maintenance on the server, the problem with the disc

#575 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 14:57

Clem …. if the servers can be fixed, the server operators will fix them as quickly as possible. Have patience. Good hunting to you …. Salute!

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#576 Fokker_you

Fokker_you

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:48

Hello,
The FC server is my favorite server on ROF.
I was wondering if you guys are going to add
The GBR Nieuport 17 C.1 'cause that plane
Is to awesome to be left out. I was rather disappointed
When it first came out that it wasn't on
The maps. Just a thought to consider.
S!

#577 RusFlyer

RusFlyer

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:10

Hello.
On the Server, there are many maps & many planes on every nation, but …
1. Can you change time limit from 60-90 min, to 20-30 min. I can (… & other players) play in ROF only 2-2,5 hours only. (… playing only 2 maps?)
2. Map options usually contain planes "late 1917-1918" years. Why not 1916- early 1917?
3. Why German & other sides got DR1, DVIIF, why allies got Camel always, but never take a place accelent Fokker DVIII? It's a good plane. I never seen them on the net battles. You can answer - it's a best, or it's a balance crusher … but why this plane saled on the shop, why some players got this for the personal collection, for the "neverfly" option?
It so injustice for that good plane.

Best regards from russian emotional ROF fan.

#578 RusFlyer

RusFlyer

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:19

Yesterday i was flying for one & half hour … on the only 1 (one) map!!! (Verdun) Why? Why this is so long? Why map rotation time is not 20-30 minutes? Battles was evewere, massive, with huge activity along the airspace. That was good …, but map can changed in a half of a present timer.

#579 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:24

Hello,
The FC server is my favorite server on ROF.
I was wondering if you guys are going to add
The GBR Nieuport 17 C.1 'cause that plane
Is to awesome to be left out. I was rather disappointed
When it first came out that it wasn't on
The maps. Just a thought to consider.
S!
Re: Flying Circus

Hello.
On the Server, there are many maps & many planes on every nation, but …
1. Can you change time limit from 60-90 min, to 20-30 min. I can (… & other players) play in ROF only 2-2,5 hours only. (… playing only 2 maps?)
2. Map options usually contain planes "late 1917-1918" years. Why not 1916- early 1917?
3. Why German & other sides got DR1, DVIIF, why allies got Camel always, but never take a place accelent Fokker DVIII? It's a good plane. I never seen them on the net battles. You can answer - it's a best, or it's a balance crusher … but why this plane saled on the shop, why some players got this for the personal collection, for the "neverfly" option?
It so injustice for that good plane.

Best regards from russian emotional ROF fan.

1) No, most of the players and including me satisfied with this time limit.
2) Now there is only one such mission. And most of the people always leave the server. It is not popular.
3) Re: Flying Circus
Cheglok did a good mission with this plane, and I add it

#580 RusFlyer

RusFlyer

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:32

My mistake … evewere* - everywere.
OK. Thanks for answer.

#581 von_Semmel

von_Semmel

Posted 14 February 2014 - 21:01

Satanas3 - disconnects when somebody is on his 6

Attached Files

#582 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 14 February 2014 - 21:06

His RL stat indicates that he needs to improve his disconnect skills. :lol:

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#583 Nooney

Nooney
  • LocationOn your 6 Boooooom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 15:48

What they dont realise (cus there not there to see it) when they disco the last one to shoot em gets the award, the only thing you dont see is there death, so I'm thinking there mentality is shot down is better than a death (for whatever reason they see that), skill improvment zero, self esteem 100, dick head status top score :lol:

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#584 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Posted 16 February 2014 - 16:41

What they dont realise (cus there not there to see it) when they disco the last one to shoot em gets the award, the only thing you dont see is there death, so I'm thinking there mentality is shot down is better than a death (for whatever reason they see that), skill improvment zero, self esteem 100, dick head status top score :lol:

+1

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj / Operations Officer / 1. Eskadra Mysliwska / 1. Pulk Lotniczy / http://www.1pl.boo.pl

bannerf11esks.png?raw=1

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com

#585 HotWaxtWeasel

HotWaxtWeasel

Posted 20 February 2014 - 19:20

We talk so much about who is the most moronic of fliers pretty frequently, but I was looking at stats the other night and find something Noteworthy.

It seems that when you cull your way down the February list of top pilots scores you will not find anybody at the very top who seems to know how to get off the trigger when near a friendly aircraft. The first pilot listed at the top without a friendly kill? Pirato. And take a wild guess who takes the cake for most friendly kills with his flailing, shoot at everything that moves technique….

I'm trying to be positive here so you will have to research it yourself.

How many folks would love to see a "land your score for credit" algorithm written into the scoring engine? I see that to be the only way to influence the often selfish flying to be more like the repercussion of dying in battle and losing everything.

#586 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 20 February 2014 - 19:33

This month's team killing leader is only in that position because a certain team killing expert has not been flying in February.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#587 CGardner99

CGardner99

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:09

It seems that when you cull your way down the February list of top pilots scores you will not find anybody at the very top who seems to know how to get off the trigger when near a friendly aircraft

Well I don't see it. I (Hells Angel) have only 6 FK vs 677 kills for a FK rate of less than .88%. The only one who really stands out is Monty Python2 with 25 FK vs 223 kills for a whopping FK rate of 11.3%, which I find excessive. Otherwise everyone else including you (.67% FK rate) are at the less than 1% to 3 % FK rate and given the aggressive cutting in front of pilots firing and the fur balls that develop, I think that is acceptable (surprised its not higher). ST_Pirato has just been lucky this round last month he had 3 FK vs 299 kills for a .99% FK rate.

#588 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:32

I'm always amused when anyone starts complaining about anything that happens on FC.

Free Plank!

#589 HotWaxtWeasel

HotWaxtWeasel

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:49

I am not complaining. I just think that Pirato didn't get those stats by luck. It happened that way by conscience and working as a team mate. I am just pointing out that it isn't easy to make it into that slot squeaky clean. I cant do it either. I usually end up unleashing on some out of control nut on my team by the 2nd week.

It would be interesting if the Stats engine had a Team Mate of the month category and a Public Enemy category. Public enemy could hold up the most shameful of the bunch like a pillory of humiliation, as it should be. A guy that makes it into the top of the Public Enemy list….I don't want him on my wing, don't want him on my team, don't want him anywhere in my hemisphere Man.

#590 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 21 February 2014 - 13:34

I might be out of place here,( I don't fly FC ) if you can get the Admins to turn on Friendly Fire. That should cut down some of the team killing.
O yea the name should be the Shark Tank Server :D :S!:

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#591 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 21 February 2014 - 13:55

It would be interesting if the Stats engine had a Team Mate of the month category and a Public Enemy category.

What algorithm would you use to determine those "winners"?

Free Plank!

#592 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:46

It would be interesting if the Stats engine had a Team Mate of the month category and a Public Enemy category.

What algorithm would you use to determine those "winners"?

Flying wingy/moaning about FMs²?

#593 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:18

I might be out of place here,( I don't fly FC ) if you can get the Admins to turn on Friendly Fire. That should cut down some of the team killing.
O yea the name should be the Shark Tank Server :D :S!:
+1 your gonna get friendly kills by nature how many of us have been in the server, had team mates gun you on purpose or accident, and you then go into when in rome mode, if your getting gunned by the usuall knobs you tend to shoulder shoot them when its them on a 6, so what do you do play the honour card and move off, they get away with it forever more, or gun an be dammed they feel there justified in doing what they do cause everyone does it to them, friendly fire turned on solves it, when the Trolls had there server it stopped friendly fire overnight.
For those who dont know friendly fire on means any damage you would have inflicted on your team mate is returned to you and they get no damage, it's as if you were shooting at yourself.
as for Pirato having no FK that dosent suprise me his accuracy is one of the highest I've seen in rof, he is a gentleman so much so I sometimes question is he truely a troll lol.
get in touch with Vall asking for friendly fire switched on, if enough ask he'l put it on. :x

No matter how good you are there are a million other people better than you boy.....Homer Simpson.

#594 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:33

get in touch with Vall asking for friendly fire switched on, if enough ask he'l put it on. :x

Good idea, commander… in reality - all your ideas are great… :o (hint: medal)
Remember me shooting you down by friendly fire, when I just wanted to frighten you by shooting close to your plane and I shot you down by accident?
LOL, haven's seen you so mad for ages :lol:

Now seriously; I am all for that FF switch to be applied on FC.

#595 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:45

I'd rather they left kill shooter turned off, there are other ways they could control this;

Friendly Fire, a suggestion

#596 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:54

Those are good suggestions, Sid!

#597 Nooney

Nooney

Posted 22 February 2014 - 19:09

Yea they are good suggestions sid but another topic will come up in here and it will be lost, I suggest another thread souly for FC friendly fire with a poll anyone wanna start it??????

#598 Mad_Marx

Mad_Marx

Posted 23 February 2014 - 17:52

In my opinion FF in FC is something that will happen always. When 20 pilots swirl around each other its bound to happen you pop one in a teammate. More annoying to me is that some think they have to take matter in their own hands if you make a mistake. Not in my nature to call out names but most in here know whome i mean.

but maybe this will help. I know it can be done, only had 1 penalty today in 4 hours of flying and did it on purpose :mrgreen:

btw, leave Pirato alone…..best teammate you can have and always helpfull :S!: (allthough he's a german :mrgreen: )

#599 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 23 February 2014 - 18:17

Friendly fire penalty implemented.
Nice!

#600 CGardner99

CGardner99

Posted 23 February 2014 - 23:35

Friendly fire has been implemented on the Flying circus server. I was firing at a Felix F2A which had landed on my airfield and incurred a penalty for evidently hitting ground targets at my base as there where no friendly aircraft any where near. Now that is all well and good and I do see the need for something to be done about all the friendly fire done to friendly aircraft, but if that is the way it is implemented then we need to make adjustments if possible. From what I could tell for hitting ground targets incurs a 10 point penalty per event. I cant tell you how many times friendly ground fire has shot me down over my own airfield or blasted me as I spawned. So hopefully something can be done, until then be careful when defending your fields from crashed bombers and Felixs or like me you will see all your points gone for absolutely no reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users