file="Dogfight\flying_circus_tdm_lake_1"

file="Dogfight\flying_circus_ctf_island_1"

file="Dogfight\flying_circus_cf_lake"

file="Dogfight\flying_circus_tdm_verdun_1"

file="Dogfight\flying_circus_ctf_lake_2"

file="Dogfight\flying_circus_ctf_verdun"

file="Dogfight\flying_circus_tdm_verdun_3"

file="Dogfight\flying_circus_ctf_island_2"

Was no time for thorough testing missions, bugs possible.

Later the server statistics will be available at the addresses.
http://fc.riseofflight.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fc.riseofflight.net and http://flying-circus.riseofflight.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://flying-circus.riseofflight.net

#2 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 25 January 2012 - 16:30

Sounds great, Vaal! You're a bloody hero for the ROF community, many thanks.

#3 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 25 January 2012 - 17:47

Good move.

#4 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 17:53

Nice ….. Thanks

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#5 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 25 January 2012 - 18:47

Thanks Vaal! Love the new name.

#6 KonradFriedrich

KonradFriedrich

Posted 25 January 2012 - 20:20

Vaal, to change the name of this server is a good thing, really.
And the name "Flying Circus" a very good choice.

But - the loss of the name "newbie-server" possibly will annoy some of these schoolmaster guys…

How often they told us to be "Pro's" or "Aces" with severe ego problems?
How often did they insinuate that we have insignificant genitalia?

It was annoying to be insulted by these comedians… really. :x

I want to take this opportunity to send the best wishes to Dr. Lustig :ugeek: (Dr. Funny). A guy who - in contrast to his name, is anything but a funny fellow… :cry:
I still have the chat-log of your warm-hearted insults - I will keep it in honors.
:S!:
Sorry for the dirty laundry, but that just had to be said.

The most funny thing is that some guys say I am an ace…
Wow, you could get cocky! Unless I run into the real good virtual pilots… :mrgreen:
Hmm … Perhaps it was a compliment and I've just misunderstood? :oops:

Best regards to all virtual pilots. :S!:

Newbie server - rest in piece… :mrgreen:

#7 MAXV88

MAXV88

Posted 25 January 2012 - 21:37

New pilots are safe now. NEWBIE server is now dead, and Flying Circus is empty.
Hooray! Why should not we close all the places where people have fun. Safety first!

Ps: Do not go to the Flying Circus server. It was once a NEWBIE server.
There were some bad people there. They might shoot at you!

#8 JGBFlyer

JGBFlyer

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:38

As long as that one map where you gotta fly for like 10 mins to get to the middle is gone. it was in Verdun. It's okay if there's like 15 people on there but even then. Other than that I love this server. For guys like me that have to play on pretty much the lowest settings possible and can't see anything until it's like 100m in front of you, the aids are great, and it doesn't make me an ace that's for sure. Still get like 8 percent accuracy lol.

#9 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 26 January 2012 - 16:07

Hi all,

MAXV88,I believe not everyone had Fun on this Server. I think it was very frustrating for someone that just did his first Step to Multiplayer. He joined the Server,missleaded by its former Name,where he as soon as he was in the Air gets shotdown by a obviously experienced Pilot in a Dr1, a Camel or whatever. At first it may not be that bad,but if it happens all the time when he goes Online I imagine,for some it's more a put off than anything else. Because of that I think it was a good idea to get rid of the missleading Name "Newbie Server". For those who want 1 or 2 hours of quick ,uncomplicated Action can still log onto "Flying Circus".

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#10 ST_Agent86

ST_Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 26 January 2012 - 19:37

LOL R.I.P. Newbie Server ! :lol: :S!: "Flying Circus" fits well ! Good Form Vaal 8-) :S!:

#11 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 26 January 2012 - 19:38

Has anything changed other than the name?

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#12 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 26 January 2012 - 20:03

Has anything changed other than the name?

No just the name and addresses.

#13 =FB=Vaal

=FB=Vaal
  • Developer

Posted 26 January 2012 - 20:13

No just the name and addresses.
really? ie game server settings have not changed, as well as part of the mission and planesets in others?

#14 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 26 January 2012 - 23:54

WTG Vaal :S!:

I like the new settings, I think it will be popular once everyone gets used to the new name.

#15 JGBFlyer

JGBFlyer

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:09

maybe in brackets for a limited time say it was once the newbie server?

#16 iowa-1966

iowa-1966

Posted 27 January 2012 - 13:37

You folded just like a cheap suit

Sean McDermott

#17 -bbob

-bbob

Posted 27 January 2012 - 14:01

Great initiative, Vaal.

I think that this will serve to intimidate new players less.

#18 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 27 January 2012 - 14:44

Don't say in brackets 'Newbie Server' otherwise nothing is solved by this change. Newbies will still get drawn there and think that is the place to go and learn except now as stats are on leaderboard twats (stat-whores) will have their fill of them like jackals and hyenas around a wounded deer.

Which is exactly what the name change was to prevent.

#19 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 27 January 2012 - 14:52

Where does it say "Newbie Server" in brackets?

#20 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 27 January 2012 - 15:11

Thanks for doing this Vaal! Good move.

#21 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 27 January 2012 - 15:19

Nice name, I like it. Maybe I can fly here sometime now too :D

#22 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 27 January 2012 - 15:21

Nice name, I like it. Maybe I can fly here sometime now too :D

I had the same thought as well :D

#23 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 27 January 2012 - 17:12

Where does it say "Newbie Server" in brackets?

maybe in brackets for a limited time say it was once the newbie server?

#24 JGBFlyer

JGBFlyer

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:27

man, you re-post my suggestion and still don't get it? Did you even read it? Maybe this will make more sense.

The Flying Circus (Formally the NEWBIE server)

Just so people who don't come on here maybe go and check it out the changes and such and leave that up there till maybe the end of Feb. As of now it's rarely got players since the change. They've all migrated to New Wings with their stupid rules.

#25 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:55

The name change is good and addresses an issue the community has raised for a long time, which is that the "Newbie" server is a poor place for newbies to get their feet wet flying MP. Now that the name is changed, I agree with Tom that it would just defeat the purpose if "(Formally the NEWBIE server}" were in the name – even if only for a limited time. Real newbies will get drawn to it still. The non-newbies that flew there all the time would figure it out sooner or later (apparently they have since you said they've all gone over to the New Wings server anyhow).

#26 JGBFlyer

JGBFlyer

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:13

The New Wings server aint a newbie server at the moment. That's for sure.

#27 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:50

Just curious, but what is the basis for this statement?

#28 MAXV88

MAXV88

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:52

Among other things:
Attached File  Screenshot104420.jpg   80.68KB   437 downloads

#29 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:31

Vulching is more or less allowed on any server now. Want to know why? Because people do have better things to do than policing a server crowd going mental.

De facto, New Wings is the real Newbie Server, as it offers NEW pilots to RoF and MP a place to work on the various skills involved; with assitance by veteran flyers that is.

The old Newbie server was nothing more than a few regulars (non-newbies if you like) going rogue on the back of new flyers, effectivley harming the community by their egoistic actions.

New Wings offers guided training in a very controlled environment, Newbie Server was a rapefest. Comprende?

#30 MAXV88

MAXV88

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:09

Vulching is more or less allowed on any server now.
That was the problem then just only on the NEWBIE server?

Because people do have better things to do than policing a server crowd going mental.
But it had to be done on the NEWBIE server?

The old Newbie server was nothing more than a few regulars (non-newbies if you like) going rogue on the back of new flyers, effectivley harming the community by their egoistic actions.
These same people are now flying on New Wings server, and will do the same things.

New Wings offers guided training in a very controlled environment,..
For >30 players?

De facto, New Wings is the real Newbie Server,..
Therefore, the old one had to be nuked? Why you could not find new players in some different way?

Comprende?
Yes, "you" did a good thing in an ugly way and achieved little or nothing. At least for now. I hope that things will get better.

#31 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 28 January 2012 - 13:08

Vulching is allowed….

Read the name about red flares. Don't want to be vulched - fire a red flare.

Now that that's sorted, let's keep this discussion about Vaal's server?

#32 EclecticRazor

EclecticRazor

Posted 28 January 2012 - 13:25

Vulching is more or less allowed on any server now.
That was the problem then just only on the NEWBIE server?

Because people do have better things to do than policing a server crowd going mental.
But it had to be done on the NEWBIE server?

These same people are now flying on New Wings server, and will do the same things.

New Wings offers guided training in a very controlled environment,..
For >30 players?

De facto, New Wings is the real Newbie Server,..
Therefore, the old one had to be nuked?

Comprende?
Yes, "you" did a good thing in an ugly way and achieved little or nothing. At least for now. I hope that things will get better.

If you don't understand the reasons for wanting the name changed - chances are that YOU are one of the reasons.

The mentality here is simple enough - it is not unlike the 2nd graders complaining because the teacher is watching the playground at recess and wont let them bully the 1st graders.

Grow up.

#33 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 28 January 2012 - 15:34

@MAXV88: Granting, for the sake of argument, that the New Wings server is every bit as hostile to actual newbies as the originally-named Newbie Server was (and I don't agree with that premise regarding New Wings, btw), how on earth was it better for newbies to keep the "Newbie Server" named as such? If it was a rape fest for them on the Newbie Server and now it's just a rape fest on New Wings, it is still far better to change the name of Newbie Server to remove the name "Newbie."

If that leaves us with a new problem of where should newbies go to ease into MP, then so be it. But at least they aren't being falsely led into a newbie-hostile environment.

Having said that, I completely disagree with the assertion that New Wings is newbie-hostile.

#34 iowa-1966

iowa-1966

Posted 28 January 2012 - 17:38

Ever since I bought the first copy of this game in 09 people have been doing what they want- is a name change gonna affect this? doubt it. It seems some want to control the way others fly ( under whatever guise they think will be helpfull to new pilots) A safe place? Fly anyway you want - anywhere you want, if the owners dont like it ban that person. Keep this nonsense up and youll lose a lot more than you gain- that server was a hell of a lot more fun than any of the others- see how long before it tanks

Sean McDermott

#35 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 28 January 2012 - 18:06

Ever since I bought the first copy of this game in 09 people have been doing what they want- is a name change gonna affect this? doubt it. It seems some want to control the way others fly ( under whatever guise they think will be helpfull to new pilots) A safe place? Fly anyway you want - anywhere you want, if the owners dont like it ban that person. Keep this nonsense up and youll lose a lot more than you gain- that server was a hell of a lot more fun than any of the others- see how long before it tanks

Sean McDermott

All they did was change the name. Why are you upset about that?

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#36 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 28 January 2012 - 18:09

I don't understand why some people are so unhappy about the name change.
I can say that I am a bit responsible for it because it was me who brought up the topic recently in the Russian part of the forum. Though I honestly wasn't expecting such effect.

However, if you liked the style of Newbie server then I don't see why you should be disappointed with the current one?
Missions and settings are very similar and even better now.

Do you think that it is less populated?
Well, maybe, but I think that noticeable part of previous population were actual newbies making their first flights only to be butchered by some aces. That is not a good sportsmanship.

Population now should be split in a better way between New Wings and Flying Circus. This means that people can play both servers depending their mood, but previously it cannot be done because New Wings was often empty (at least for me).

#37 JGBFlyer

JGBFlyer

Posted 28 January 2012 - 19:14

Because i recognize all the names that were on the old "NEWBIE" server on the New Wings Server. Those guys aren't newbies. Don't be fooled by some guy that has the name "Just Learning" and "SkyChaser444" is quite good. More names I could mention.

#38 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 28 January 2012 - 19:16

The New Wings server is administrated. And many veterans there join, with the idea to help out newcomers.

#39 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 28 January 2012 - 21:11

Because i recognize all the names that were on the old "NEWBIE" server on the New Wings Server. Those guys aren't newbies. Don't be fooled by some guy that has the name "Just Learning" and "SkyChaser444" is quite good. More names I could mention.

Yes you do tend to see them on the New Wings when Flying Circus isn't busy. At least you have a choice to be a target, or not. There are areas on new wings mission where you don't have to ingage in dogfights.
Attacking a airbase is suicidal. You can shoot a red flare if you want to disengage. If people aren't following those rules they will get banned. Join them on teamspeak you hear some of the coversation that goes on. On top of all that if someone shoots does manage to shoot you down. then so what, at least your not a global stat.

#40 MAXV88

MAXV88

Posted 28 January 2012 - 23:40

If you don't understand the reasons for wanting the name changed - chances are that YOU are one of the reasons.

The mentality here is simple enough - it is not unlike the 2nd graders complaining because the teacher is watching the playground at recess and wont let them bully the 1st graders.

Grow up.

I understand the reasons quite well. A few people complaining for beeing shoot down
(they were probably enjoying the scenery) was just an excuse to close the most popular server and bring people to your server.
Where were already prepared Capture The Flag missions with unlocked fuel and allowed vulching (to make the transition smoother).
Just because people did not want to play the way you imagined.

MAXV88, OVER AND OUT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users