St Mihiel Campaign Support Thread

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#81 fokker

fokker

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:34

Hi Vander, this evening I'll retry the mission 4 to
see if it works.
Because I don't have received a replay to my question.
Can I ?

Thank you.

#82 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:53

Duh! I hadn't noticed your post!

I'll forward this to Viks as he probably knows what to do. I can't control account settings.

#83 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 15 May 2012 - 13:53

Viks says the problem should be solved. Please try again.

For authentication problems it is always best to contact RoF support directly, since they are the only ones that can deal with this.

rof@777studios.net.

#84 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 15 May 2012 - 16:53

Confirmed. All working now. Thanks SYN_Vander and Viks for your help.
I'm really liking to fly the campaign.

#85 fokker

fokker

Posted 15 May 2012 - 21:01

It works !!!
Thank You Vander !!!
Thank You at all !!!

#86 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:12

Hey Vander!

Just flew this campaign again and exactly as in the first run, I didn't get any awards … are there any special criteria? Even got all "special" missions on the bonus missions.

#87 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:46

Hey Vander!

Just flew this campaign again and exactly as in the first run, I didn't get any awards … are there any special criteria? Even got all "special" missions on the bonus missions.

Yes, there are medals and special awards. I'll look up the rule set, so you can check if there is some sort of bug in the award system.

#88 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:56

Last weekend I did play the jasta 13 missions, good piece of work, but I can not see my total results from these two missions.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#89 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:10

Here are the awards you should get:

St. Mihiel Bar - Purchase campaign

St. Mihiel Victory Medal - Finish campaign (after 33rd mission)

Binoculars - Completing 20 secundary objectives in campaign
Silver Badge for wounded - 5 times wounded in battle as German Pilot, but survived
Letter from Mary - 5 times wounded in battle as Allied Pilot, but survived
Iron Cross 2nd Class - Destroyed 5 Allied aircraft in total
Distinguished Service Cross - Destroyed 5 German aircraft in total
Iron Cross 1st Class - Destroyed 10 Allied aircraft in total
Distinguished Service Cross w Bronze Oak Leaf - Destroyed 10 German aircraft in total
Knights Cross with Swords of the House Order of Hohenzollern - Destroyed 20 Allied aircraft in total
Distinguished Service Cross with Two Bronze Oak Leaf - Destroyed 20 German aircraft in total
Knights Cross of the Order of Max Joseph - Destroyed 5 Allied aircraft in one mission
Distinguished Service Cross with Three Bronze Oak Leaf - Destroyed 5 German aircraft in one mission

#90 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:02

Thanks for the reply Vander! Haven't gotten a single one of those except the purchase campaign bar - maybe it's because I already have them?

Either way, good to know the criteria. It's a shame it doesn't work but the campaign itself is great! Actually, it's the first offline mission pack I have played more than once in years.

#91 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:06

Thanks for the reply Vander! Haven't gotten a single one of those except the purchase campaign bar - maybe it's because I already have them?

Either way, good to know the criteria. It's a shame it doesn't work but the campaign itself is great! Actually, it's the first offline mission pack I have played more than once in years.

Thanks, I will forward this to 777 devs, maybe they can see if the scoring criteria have been properly implemented. We have added three new "awards" so it would be a shame if no-one could see them!

#92 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 31 May 2012 - 17:07

Given the such criterias, I confirm the medals are definitively broken. But, hey, it is the same thing for me with the online awards since day one of the game.

#93 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 31 May 2012 - 17:41

Given the such criterias, I confirm the medals are definitively broken. But, hey, it is the same thing for me with the online awards since day one of the game.
Ditto

#94 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:09

Last weekend I did play the jasta 13 missions, good piece of work, but I can not see my total results from these two missions.

Would like to know are there any total stats to check your total results. Downed another Spad on my 3th mission.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#95 Mellokeith

Mellokeith

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:22

Would buying this Campaign give me new maps and squadrons for career mode or just in campaigns mode?

#96 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:04

Would buying this Campaign give me new maps and squadrons for career mode or just in campaigns mode?

It has absolutely nothing to do with career mode.

#97 Huetz

Huetz

Posted 03 June 2012 - 13:31

I'll elaborate on Luke's answer a bit.

To answer your questions, no you will not get any new maps and squadrons for career mode. What the campaign does give you is a set of handcrafted missions in a truly historical setting. If you're looking for immersion and sort of a "storyline" the campaign is the place to fly.

Overall, these missions do have all seperate, detailed briefings, a diary-style intro, and generally a lot more specific stuff (static planes on ground in your squadron colors, etc.) going on around you than in the generic career mode, so you get the impression that you truly are only a small part of a bigger battle.

I've said it twice already on this thread, everyone interested in flying offline should really get this, this campaign is a pretty flawless example of how SP missions should look like.

#98 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 03 June 2012 - 13:50

Very well said :)

#99 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 03 June 2012 - 14:54

I've said it twice already on this thread, everyone interested in flying offline should really get this, this campaign is a pretty flawless example of how SP missions should look like.

Word!! :S!:

#100 Mellokeith

Mellokeith

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:02

Thanks. I'll have to check it out… :S!:

#101 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:46

Thanks, I will forward this to 777 devs, maybe they can see if the scoring criteria have been properly implemented. We have added three new "awards" so it would be a shame if no-one could see them!

Any news on that?

#102 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:58

mmmm, no. I'll try again.

#103 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 16 June 2012 - 17:52

Hi Vander.
I'm still flying the campaign. So far, loving it. Haven't shot down a single plane yet, but managed to damage two, destroyed a balloon, and most important: got back alive on every single mission, although several times damaged or wounded.
I would like to ask about a specific behavior: does the enemy planes disappears "automagically" when over NML while returning home? It happened to me two or three times (when I was in pursuit), and I'm wonder if this is the default behavior (by design).

#104 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 16 June 2012 - 19:56

Yes, it is by design that only planes and vehicles within view distance are turned on. So it's best not to use external views except for your own plane.

This way you can fly all around the St. Mihiel map and see vehicles, trains, balloons and every airfield will be populated and enemy aircraft will take off if you get close enough. If I would turn on all these objects even if you are not near them, your PC would grind to a halt! :)

#105 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 17 June 2012 - 16:35

Yes, it is by design that only planes and vehicles within view distance are turned on.
Thanks for the quick reply Vander.
What puzzles me is that I was in pursuit (close) to the planes in question (one of them vanished when I was still shooting at it from 100m away). I rarely use external view (only for occasional screenshots), and even then, only from my own aircraft.
Anyway, it's good to know that it's worthless to pursuit an enemy if it is above NML. This turns the missions flown on friendly territory a kind of "timed" missions, i.e., if you can't down the plane until you reach NML, go home. :lol:

#106 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 17 June 2012 - 18:23

Yes, it is by design that only planes and vehicles within view distance are turned on.
Thanks for the quick reply Vander.
What puzzles me is that I was in pursuit (close) to the planes in question (one of them vanished when I was still shooting at it from 100m away). I rarely use external view (only for occasional screenshots), and even then, only from my own aircraft.
Anyway, it's good to know that it's worthless to pursuit an enemy if it is above NML. This turns the missions flown on friendly territory a kind of "timed" missions, i.e., if you can't down the plane until you reach NML, go home. :lol:

Ah well…there is this other thing… I can only detect distance between the player plane and the flight leader of an enemy flight. If a wingman of a en enemy flight gets separated from his flight than it's possible it will disappear right before your eyes if the enemy flight leader is too far away. I haven't found a way around this yet.
In theory you should be able to chase an enemy flight across the map and maybe see other planes as well.

#107 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 13:10

mmmm, no. I'll try again.

bump!

#108 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 15:52

Re bump!

#109 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 27 July 2012 - 16:25

I bumped the devs twice, but still no answer! :( Will try again….

#110 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 22:11

Hummmm… Ok, then I hope they will finally answer about this and make a fix…

#111 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:48

I earned an Iron Cross 2nd class so far.. lol!

#112 89

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:04

Just wanted to thank Vander for a great campaign - my very first campaign that I'm flying on full real settings (and absolutely loving it!).
Also wanted to note of a small bug/misprint: I believe this is the first Spad mission and the task is to meet the bombers at 11:00am, but this should be 10:00am.

#113 PJ

PJ

Posted 17 September 2012 - 16:30

I'm unable to continue the campaign since the 1.028 update. I'm getting a message saying that missions are not available for my account. Does this have something to do with missions having to be saved again in the new format?

#114 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 17 September 2012 - 16:37

Probably, but that shouldn't be your problem. Let's see what the devs have to say.

#115 PapaFlo

PapaFlo
  • LocationInnsbruck

Posted 17 September 2012 - 16:46

Same Problem here. Can't start any of my missions of St Mihiel. But i have the same ERROR #10020 with all my Campaigns ( Hat in the Ring, Du doch nicht and Training Campaign). :cry:

intel i7 7700k@4,5Ghz watercooled with be-Quiet Silent Loop 240, GSkill Aegis 16 GB DDR4 Ram@2800Mhz, GigaByte GA-Z270-Gaming K3, Gainward GTX 1080 phoenix glh, TM Warthog throttle and stick (with 7,5cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek yoke, Saitek throttle quadrant x 2, Saitek trimm wheel, Gametrix KW 908 Jetseat, TrackIR 5

#116 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 17 September 2012 - 16:46

rgr, wait a bit, gotta be resolved soon.

#117 PJ

PJ

Posted 18 September 2012 - 00:02

it's working now, thanks

#118 Dads1958

Dads1958

Posted 19 September 2012 - 20:52

Do we need to download the patch 1.028 again?

#119 =FB=VikS

=FB=VikS
  • Developer

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:48

Do we need to download the patch 1.028 again?

Negative, but in case if you use ROF with online login mode - youll need to update it till the latest version in case if you havent done it yet.

#120 Dooga

Dooga

Posted 12 January 2013 - 21:23

Sigh, the cover-the-balloon-busters mission…

The AI balloon busters are way too cool for my taste - when approaching a balloon they throttle down to idle, in the middle of heavy flak. Then, they don't shoot at the damn things half of the time that they could, so they need at least two, often a lot more passes with two aircraft to actually blow one up. While I'm trying to fend of the D.VIIs in that cranky N.28…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users