Photo
- - - - -

The Big Wishlist

• Please log in to reply
608 replies to this topic

#561 jdbecks

jdbecks

Posted 22 August 2012 - 20:03

Built in voice chat just for your side..not inter side chat ability, I know it may not seem realistic but most times I fly I check TS, I check the unofficial ROF TS and the server TS. The busiest I saw was the syndicate server ts but it was all the syn guys flying for he allies but no central pilots logged on.

Sometimes I find it quite lonely flying multiplayer on ROF if you understand what I mean, you see other guys but if people are not using vent it can be a pain to communicate and or plan attacks etc just with the chat box.

#562 Panthera

Panthera

Posted 24 August 2012 - 21:42

The top speed & climb rate of the Albatros series really is in dire need of an increase to get it to its' real and competitive level.

#563 emmisofia

emmisofia

Posted 10 September 2012 - 17:27

I know it's still beta and this wish is quite a lot, but I'd like a possibility to start career from much earlier date, maybe even a year earlier, at the very early stage of aerial combat. This would mean a need for some new planes, which makes the wish so a lot… But as suggestion, Morane-Saulnier L would be an interesting addition to the fleet for this time period. ;)

Also possibility to play co-op career with friends would be awesome!

Random engine and structural failures and bird strikes! (Optional choice of course, not sure how many are as masochistic players as I am.)

Some kind of pilot's g-force indicator would be useful when flying in cloudy weather. Some push button to see how the pilot feels the direction of pull with some color coded arrow maybe? As there are not many ways to feel your plane's attitude, visualization would help to indicate whether you're feeling the plane to be maybe somewhat straight or does it pull you somewhere… I don't know if that makes any sense… And I'm not a real pilot, so don't know how good sense do you even get of your position by listening to your body in flight.

And last things, which has been said many times… Parachutes for balloons and late German planes and ground machine guns and rifles. :D

I know those wishes are much and I feel like apologizing for making rude suggestions to a great game like this… :oops: But those things have come to my mind when flying…

#564 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 10 September 2012 - 18:17

And I'm not a real pilot, so don't know how good sense do you even get of your position by listening to your body in flight.

I think as it stands now, it's fine. It's very easy to get disoriented in clouds, and you absolutely cannot trust the feelings in your body to make corrections for straight and level flight. Very many pilots, even today, have died when flying into clouds because the didn't trust their instruments. The ace Albert Ball died when he flew into a cloud and came out inverted, unable to recover before impacting terrain.

Listen to the RPM to keep from climbing or diving, and maybe use the compass to maintain a heading. That's about all you can do.

#565 emmisofia

emmisofia

Posted 10 September 2012 - 22:35

You're probably right, and I wasn't suggesting any kind of ground indicator, but pilot's feeling of pull, which could be even more disorientating than the little feedback you get when you can't see anything but your instruments, which don't really give any info in many planes, and that's what gave the idea. Don't know if it would be even helpful or just harmful. Either way, probably not worth coding.

And yea, those are the indicators I use, among the little movement of pilot's head. Even if it's risky, I've found clouds very appealing when enemies nearby as I'm flying mainly recon in multiplayer. :D

Thanks for commenting. :)

#566 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:55

Yeah, I didn't mean to shoot you down, so please don't get that impression :S!: Despite the lack of inner-ear sense, you can still end up upside down in a cloud in ROF - I have! :lol:

Anyway, I posted this video in another thread. It shows a change that Daidalos team made to Il-2 pilot-camera views.

The result is a more anthropomorphic and immersive view experience. How easy or difficult would this be to implement in RoF?

#567 Kye

Kye

Posted 02 October 2012 - 18:28

Not read though the thread but:

More damage to the cockpits. I.e. smashed dials, bullet holes in the dash and fuselage
The ability to wipe oil and blood off of goggles.

#568 Winston60

Winston60
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:16

What's the latest news on the flight model for the Albatros D.Va? Does 777 still need to look at this, or is it agreed that it's performance is modeled accurately?

#569 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:05

… and maybe use the compass to maintain a heading. That's about all you can do.

And this is only, because the RoF compass isn´t very realistic. You can´t use the real one to keep the heading in clouds. (the real one only shows the right value, when in straight and level flight - as soon as you bank, pitch, pull g´s it´s off)

You can use the RoF compass like a gyro to easily survive clouds - but you would always go out in a dive, when in a real plane without a gyro instrument (either rate of turn, or horizon).

I would vote for a compass fix, and the little arcade compass should be switched off in full real servers.

#570 Lord_Flash

Lord_Flash

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:52

Clouds should be pretty disorientating and even modelling the pull on the body wouldn't do it - Cecil Lewis mentions in his memoir that he flew into a cloud and came out of it with the plane flying perfectly straight with correct rudder at 45* of bank, so God knows how the body works in clouds.

#571 AB1_J0NJ0N

AB1_J0NJ0N

Posted 16 December 2012 - 14:46

Not read though the thread but:

More damage to the cockpits. I.e. smashed dials, bullet holes in the dash and fuselage
The ability to wipe oil and blood off of goggles.

Smashed dials would be seriously cool. Oil on the windscreen as well as your goggles would be nice too.

#572 zachanscom

zachanscom

Posted 01 January 2013 - 22:26

Built in voice chat just for your side..not inter side chat ability, I know it may not seem realistic but most times I fly I check TS, I check the unofficial ROF TS and the server TS. The busiest I saw was the syndicate server ts but it was all the syn guys flying for he allies but no central pilots logged on.

Sometimes I find it quite lonely flying multiplayer on ROF if you understand what I mean, you see other guys but if people are not using vent it can be a pain to communicate and or plan attacks etc just with the chat box.

use hand signals. they're in the game for a reason.

#573 Panthera

Panthera

Posted 09 January 2013 - 21:57

When will we get this baby ? 8-)

Man I'd love to cruise around in that giant :D

#574 wellness

wellness

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:11

How about this one ? :o

Plane name: Siemens Schuckert VIII

or this one: zeppelin vgo III

#575 Panthera

Panthera

Posted 10 January 2013 - 17:41

The Siemens Schuckert VIII sadly didn't see any service during the war however, where'as the Zeppelin Staaken R.VI did, with some rather amazing specs to boot:

Performance
Maximum speed: 135 km/h (84 mph; 73 kn)
Range: 800 km (497 mi; 432 nmi)
Endurance: 7-10 hours
Service ceiling: 4,320 m (14,173 ft)
Rate of climb: 1.67 m/s (329 ft/min)

Armament
Guns: 4 x 7.92 mm (0.312 in) Parabellum MG14 machine guns in nose, dorsal, ventral and upper-wing positions
Bombs: up to 2,000 kg (4,409 lb)of bombs stored in internal bomb bay (capable of carrying two 1,000 kg PuW bombs)

#576 Mercur

Mercur

Posted 12 January 2013 - 18:19

Miss first the German Bomber AEG. G.IV for Late 1916/Early-Mid 1917-Maps
- 166km/h, 4500m, 2x7,92mm MG, 400kg Bombload
- little (for a better perfomance on PC), fast, many bombs^^

Next miss
- Nieuport N°24 (against Alb. D.Va)
- early allied Bomber (1916!)

#577 realCallahan

realCallahan

Posted 12 January 2013 - 18:41

Big wishlist, aha…
Peace mode and historical important planes like Spirit Of St. Louis and Bleriot!
:)
Lehmann

#578 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:42

Biggest plane miss on RoF so far is the Caudron G.IV.

#579 SYN_Ricky

SYN_Ricky

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:49

Biggest plane miss on RoF so far is the Caudron G.IV.

+1 :S!:

#580 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:23

And I'd like to see that Voisin.Looks an interesting plane.

#581 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:40

Rearvision mirror please.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#582 Vic3

Vic3

Posted 01 April 2013 - 16:39

still waiting for the pfalz dr-1 :)

#583 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 01 April 2013 - 19:35

Yeah, well, you're gonna be waiting a lonnnnnng time.

#584 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2013 - 19:55

… and maybe use the compass to maintain a heading. That's about all you can do.

I know I already complained about this possibillity a few times. But again: this is only possible in ROF because of the limited model of the compass (acts like a gyro). In RL you can´t use the compass !

#585 Bullets

Bullets

Posted 01 April 2013 - 19:58

You can always dream of flying it..

#586 steppenwolf_

steppenwolf_

Posted 26 April 2013 - 21:48

I'm a little late to the party, but I'd love to see a more dynamic POV(perspective movement on bumpy take off or landings, high turns, etc.) Also, I think it'd be neat if the grass moved from the prop wash! These have probalby already been said, but I had to add my 2 cents. Thanks for a great game!

#587 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 26 April 2013 - 23:55

I know this is strange to ask and it isn't the main focus of the game,but I would like to see the handguns rate of fire increased (for realism sake) at some moment.
And the planes damage models to be revised.

#588 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 26 April 2013 - 23:56

I know this is strange to ask and it isn't the main focus of the game,but I would like to see the handguns rate of fire increased (for realism sake) at some moment.

Huh? Have you ever even fired a handgun? What exactly is wrong with the rate of fire right now?

How, exactly?

#589 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 27 April 2013 - 00:08

Huh? Have you ever even fired a handgun? What exactly is wrong with the rate of fire right now?

The delay between pressing the mouse button (or trigger) and the gun firing.You can't fire fast in RoF if you press it quickly.

How, exactly?

I'm not sure,but I don't believe that any plane after falling from great heights and hitting the ground,even more with nose first and high speeds,will just have relatively small deformations and cracks on its fuselage.Also,in two seaters and multi crew planes the gunners sections should break and separate from the plane depending on the impact or damage.

#590 AldoUSMC

AldoUSMC

Posted 23 August 2013 - 16:57

Multi-Player:

Ability for pilot of a bomber/bombing aircraft to allow a human player in the appropriate seat to execute the bombardier function…again…if the pilot desires.

Implement this for aircraft where the pilot was not actually the one who sighted and released the bombs.

I know that some pilots would not want to allow others to do this (that's their reward for flying and making it to the target area) which is why I write make it a "selectable" option in-game so each pilot can choose to allow or not allow.

Semper Fi
AldoUSMC

#591 GregiFo

GregiFo

Posted 16 January 2014 - 15:50

The idea of a demolition cocpit is really great. Many games include it..when other plane hit you, ok, there's blood and oil on your face, the holes in wings, fuselage but the cocpit is like nothing goin' on. It should be more real, breaking gauges, holes in cocpit, broken windshield..

#592 M.H

M.H

Posted 14 June 2014 - 16:49

Parachutes for the balloon crew . We can see them bail out .

#593 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 16 July 2014 - 00:13

It should be more real, breaking gauges, holes in cocpit, broken windshield..

True,also maybe with the broken windshield the sound of the wind could get louder.Is that possible to be done (if cockpit damage is done)?

#594 lederhosen

lederhosen

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:31

Salut

I think we should hear the wires "singing" when we dive. Seems all pilots heard this and made them very nervous too.

danke

#595 Pursuivant

Pursuivant

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:54

The default loadout for planes in the Quick Missions should be just guns, not guns and other ordinance.

Currently, you have to manually deselect guns + bombs/whatever if you want "clean" opponents for a quick dogfight.

#596 redbaron62

redbaron62

Posted 28 December 2015 - 15:36

please... a parachute.... how many lifes will be save with a parachute?

#597 Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:55

The balloon crew got parachutes very early in the war, both on the allied and german side, however the allied pilots did mnot get parachutes because the generals believed that they would be tempted to abandon their aircrafts unnecessarily. From 1916, the germans gave parachutes to some of their recon and bombing crews, and from 1918 even some fighter pilots got it.

If a bear can be in the artillery, why not in the airforce too?

#598 Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Posted 29 December 2015 - 19:41

I hope the RoF team will fix so that the front is moving as it did during the offensives of WW1 and not just be static and just look as it did in August 1918

If a bear can be in the artillery, why not in the airforce too?

#599 redbaron62

redbaron62

Posted 29 December 2015 - 23:50

yes i see

#600 Makomea

Makomea
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:51

Wishlist:

1. Fix the Sopwith Camel

2. Fix the Sopwith Triplane

3. Fix the Sopwith Pup