Photo
- - - - -

HALL sensor wireing (simped)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:14

I would like to know can this Bodnar print also work on my old gameport MS-FFB stick??? Al the gameport/usb converters seems to have problems with converting the FFB signal.
MS-FFB sidewinder gameport
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#42 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 23 June 2012 - 14:21

Hey all,
I have my Simpeds (without Brakes) for a about a Year now,like them alot. However,I had some thoughts about modding them. I have the chance to get the Base of a Thrustmaster Warthog Stick pretty cheap (I didn't even dare to ask the guy I can get it from what he does with the rest of the Stick). So my question would be,will it work if I remove the Hallsensor and the Board from my Simpeds and just replace it with the Sensor and the Board of the Warthog? I could just try it out,but I know I'm very good at breaking things. So I just wanted to know if it is even possible to mod the Pedals this way before I take the risk to break them completly.

Thanks in advance.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#43 hq_Peter_Zvan

hq_Peter_Zvan

Posted 23 June 2012 - 17:21

Dont think its doable.
Its not the sensor that is the problem on the simpeds - its the electronics that convert the sensor signal to the computer. They are just 8 bit so dont have the precision.
So the board is the one that has to be replaced / bypased. Hall sensor on the simpeds is just fine.

#44 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 23 June 2012 - 17:34

Yes,I would use the board inside the Warthog,the one thats already conected with the Warthogs Sensor. I'm just not sure if there are different Sensors. The Joystick has 2 axis,while the pedals only have 1. This way I dont have to buy a Soldering Iron,and even better,I dont have to mess with all the wiring stuff. I'm not good at fine and cautious works.^^

#45 EAF331_Starfire

EAF331_Starfire

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:38

Hi
Does your pedals have breaks?

I am a bit tired of Cougar standing on a chair next to my desk ;)

:-)
Starfire

Meanwhile by Peter and Sahaj ;)

With the help of Peter I moded my Simpeds today and everything works fine, big thanks to Peter for that !

Here some evidence :

From 128 dp to 1285 dp through smoledering business ;)

:S!:

#46 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 24 June 2012 - 17:21

Yes,I would use the board inside the Warthog,the one thats already conected with the Warthogs Sensor. I'm just not sure if there are different Sensors. The Joystick has 2 axis,while the pedals only have 1. This way I dont have to buy a Soldering Iron,and even better,I dont have to mess with all the wiring stuff. I'm not good at fine and cautious works.^^
It might work Pirato, but you would certainly have to do a little engineering to mount the new sensor.

Although the Warthog has two axis on the joystick there's only one sensor, this is fixed directly below the joysticks shaft which has a magnet in its base. When you move the joystick the sensor detects this movement and resolves it in the two directions (or 3D as Thrustmaster calls it). The T.16000 uses a similar sensor.

The fact you are only going to move the magnet in one axis on the rudders in theory shouldn't be a problem, but you will have to mount the Warthogs sensor at 90 deg to the motion rather than underneath and parallel to the motion. You might also need to use the magnet from the warthogs shaft (which is smaller and stronger), rather than the one already in the Simpeds. Again you will have to do a little engineering to mount the new magnet, as on the Warthog it's mounted very close to the point of rotation of the shaft.

I might try and get hold of a cheap T.16000 and see if it's possible.

#47 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 25 June 2012 - 14:28

Thank you Sid for the Reply. I was afraid it's a little more complicated than I hoped. Maybe i go for a T16000 then,if i ever decide to try it out.

The Warthogs base is propably too expensive for just an experiment anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users