Chaos

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:04

Tute will be available somewhere else

#82 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 09 September 2009 - 20:16

hi Chaos,

Thats very cool on the skins thing. will be giving that a go,

Do I have to go out and buy Photoshop. And for myself who is not really up on the play of the computer talk DDS Plug in ?

Sorry if i sound so thick. ( perhaps I am )

Anyway thanks for help

Steve

P.S thanks for you help on the IL2 thing.. :)

#83 chaosserver1982

chaosserver1982

Posted 09 September 2009 - 20:48

hi Chaos,

Thats very cool on the skins thing. will be giving that a go,

Do I have to go out and buy Photoshop. And for myself who is not really up on the play of the computer talk DDS Plug in ?

Sorry if i sound so thick. ( perhaps I am )

Anyway thanks for help

Steve

P.S thanks for you help on the IL2 thing.. :)

After I finish the photoshop tute, I will try to work out a way to do it using free software.
DDS plug in is for photoshop only (it enables photoshop to edit the file).

You can get a 30 Day free trial of photoshop, If you picked up an older version of the software on ebay that would surfice too. There is not a lot of difference between the latest flavor and that which was offered 5 years ago.

#84 TJTAS

TJTAS

Posted 09 September 2009 - 20:55

Gimp is free and has a DDS plugin I believe. If not there is also DDS converter 2.1 which is a stand alone program to convert to or from DDS.

Gimp is pretty crap IMHO but then i've spent a lot of time with Paint shop pro and Photoshop (as well as delux paint and a few others). However you can't quibble too badly at the price… Free.

Attached Files

#85 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 09 September 2009 - 21:09

oops I replyed in my server account :/

I have used Gimp before, that may be an option, is it very big?

On another note
Hey wolf I just got a dedicated server ac and would like to host 1v1 on weekends or by request, could you give me some advice?

I would like to make some mission files that are as close to instant DF as possible.

#86 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:29

Not a problem Chaos , it would be a honour to help :)

It would be easier to help by talking than typing if you can get on teamspeak , it would speed things up and you could have the missions ready in minutes

Well Done :D

One question on your tutorial , were do the file/ skin go after it is made and completed , please say it doesnot over write a original file or i might cry LOL
Got some really good skinner artists in RAF662 and i think you have light the imagination of squadron markings :D

#87 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:59

Not a problem Chaos , it would be a honour to help :)

It would be easier to help by talking than typing if you can get on teamspeak , it would speed things up and you could have the missions ready in minutes

Well Done :D

One question on your tutorial , were do the file/ skin go after it is made and completed , please say it doesnot over write a original file or i might cry LOL
Got some really good skinner artists in RAF662 and i think you have light the imagination of squadron markings :D

It goes into:

G:\Games\Rise of Flight\data\graphics\skins\albatrosd5 (you will have to make the two last folders) Put the skin in albatrosd5 folder and you are good to go

#88 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 10 September 2009 - 22:37

I have set up Dserver script but get an error when I try to load it:

… Server name 'Chaos Deathmatch (IN TESTING PHASE) 1V1'
Loading mission 'Multiplayer\Cooperative\1_v_1_DogFight1//1_v_1_DogFight1.mission' (Multiplayer\Cooperative\1_v_1_DogFight1//1_v_1_DogFight1)…
!!! ERROR: Mission not found

Script reads:

[rotation]
random=false;

delay=15000

file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\1_v_1_DogFight1//1_v_1_DogFight1"

I have tryed the full path of the file, that doesn't work, could you tell me what I'm doing wrong O_o

#89 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 10 September 2009 - 23:32

I left the login n passord off this but it may help Gamearena sds file below.

ONE important thing to test lol
Test the mission works i did make those 3 missions rather fast :)
But if you need more missions just let me know on teamspeak :)

Hope it helps, good luck

data/config28000.sds

mode=0 //0 - COOP mode is the only mode available. Do not change.

ServerName="GameArena Rise of Flight"
victoryCount=1
ranked=1
spectator=1
//protection=""
maxClients=32

[rotation]
random=true;

delay=15000

//file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\12_vs_12_Baloon_2"
//file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\12_vs_12_baloon_attack_cover"
//file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\12_vs_12_Barrage_Patrol_1"
//file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\12_vs_12_factory_attack"
//file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\12_vs_12_FRONT_LINE_CAP"
//file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\12Vs12_Dogfight"
file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\RAF662_Airfield_Attack"
file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\RAF662_DawnRaid"
file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\RAF662_LastLight"
file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\RAF662_Op_Pancakes"
file="Multiplayer\Cooperative\RAF662_Operation_Jericho"

[end]

//Mission settings (choose true or false mission for mission otions select)
padlock=false
subtitles=true
aimingHelp=false
autoCoordination=false
autoMix=false
autoPilot=false
autoRadiator=false
autoStart=false
autoThrottle=false
autoThrottleLimit=false
easyFlight=false
enemyIcons=false
engineNoStop=false
friendlyIcons=true
hotEngine=true
invulnerability=false
navigationIcons=true
noBreak=false
noMisfire=false
noMoment=false
noWind=false
simpleDevices=false
unlimitAmmo=false
// unlimitedMapIcons=true
unlimitFuel=false

#90 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 11 September 2009 - 00:15

yeah that worked, The server is up, but I might have to fiddle with my ports now, cheers wolf

Uses a lot of CPU Its using 1/4 on my quad.

#91 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:17

Lessons learned when making missions before the instructions got released have given me DO and DONOT do List for missions .

Some do not do items make the CPU run 3/4 of quad or even 100% LMAO
I tested the extremes :)

In time missions will grow in structure and complex and even get to the point that gameplay on present day CPU will struggle , but in time this very powerful mission editor will produce AMAZING missions , out reaching the dreams we have today.

For running a server , try to keep plane count below 14 v 14 at all times and AI planes flying do slightly effect gameplay i have been testing that with one mission in the gamearena server that has 16 AI planes flying while Human pilots are flying , you will see the stutter as any object comes into your field of view and starts processing its flight data connected with your viewport.

The better the CPU quad the smoother this stutter would be , but no matter how good it is it will be present.

With the missions i made for you chaos the airfields are JUST close enough so that you can see them so you may not actually see the stutter or it happens as your taking off and would not notice it ,as it loads the data viewport as you SPAWN so 1 v 1 gameplay should be very very smooth indeed , i thought you would appreciate that , hope you still join us all in gamearena server , as i do like the challenge of getting on your SIX :)

But saying that I AM ,look forward to going head to head in lean mean fight mode with you on your server.

WELL DONE !

Best regards
RAF_Wolf
Tony

#92 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:23

One last thing :)

If your server is sucessful and you get enough willing pilots to arrange a dogfight tournament , let me know and i will see if i can organise a EXTRA Gamearena server to cater for your needs.

I think 4 v 4 tournament would really bring a positive online growth to this smart flight sim.

On a regular bases , maybe monthly or fortnightly tournaments even.

Gladly help in anyway i can.

Wolfie

#93 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:44

I got the server up, and it has been running for a while. I had a play with one mission and added mission 4, *don't know if its going to work, I copied and pasted what you already had there, and moved it, Added some rain :)

Could you see if you can see my server, I have it port forwareded to my lan IP atm from my server, and running it from my computer atm before I put it on the server.

I can see it here but I'm on the same network as my server and it comes up as lan

Server is called"Chaos Deathmatch (TESTING PHASE) 1v1"

And yet again wolf cheers for all your help !S

#94 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:06

Yep its up and running

Chaos the missions i made you can do as you like with them , no need to copy n paste …

Just drag the mouse box over all items then use mouse to drag all selected to a new location on the map.

Rain , wind, misty low level cloud weather /fog will cause your CPU to warm up , and adding wind means you ave to take into account the direction pilots take off and the area they would be fighting , wind assisted advantage

Rain in a 1v1 map not sure about that one ,,, but it did happen so it would be historical

Anyway its running mate congratulations
Check out your manscreen of the game in afew days and you may see a Winged Server badge :)

Welcome to the club

Wolfie

#95 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:20

Oh this is becomming like a Aussie server lolly shop.. Now which one do i choose to play on??Well done Chaos, Wolfie and TJTAS…

#96 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:25

Yep its up and running

Chaos the missions i made you can do as you like with them , no need to copy n paste …

Just drag the mouse box over all items then use mouse to drag all selected to a new location on the map.

Rain , wind, misty low level cloud weather /fog will cause your CPU to warm up , and adding wind means you ave to take into account the direction pilots take off and the area they would be fighting , wind assisted advantage

Rain in a 1v1 map not sure about that one ,,, but it did happen so it would be historical

Anyway its running mate congratulations
Check out your manscreen of the game in afew days and you may see a Winged Server badge :)

Welcome to the club

Wolfie

Fantastic!

Thats great news.

Cpu heating up isn't too much of a problem its all cooled via water and a 10x120x360mm Radiator

#97 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:34

Oh this is becomming like a Aussie server lolly shop.. Now which one do i choose to play on??Well done Chaos, Wolfie and TJTAS…

Mine won't be up all the time, as I share the server with my brother and a mate, all this is linked via a 2km wireless network that is 99% reliable but sometimes it will go down.

I'll post dates when it will be up.

Probably not for everyone but being able to fly, and fight the same aircraft could be a lot of fun.

I had an idea for a server map and or game mode last night.

I don't think its possible to implement with the current mission editor as you need to be able to respawn.

But anyways back to the idea;

In a 12 VS 12
~You start with 25 respawns.

~This match would probably go for quite a while.

~Every objective you complete gives you 5 respawn points.

~If you die you respawn till your team have no respawn points left.

~Objectives are placed on the map close to german & allied airfields.

~Airfields starting positions are dynamic (ie when you die you can choose an airfield to respawn, maybe one closer to an objective).

Yeah might be a little wild but I think outside the box somtimes. I also want to make a ww1 pilon racing map with those big green hoops that they provide in the lessons, now that would be cool~!S~

#98 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:21

HMMM how do you get those BIG GReen HOOPS …..

They would be very handy to place ,,,,, that give me a idea chaos hehehehe

#99 Double_Tap

Double_Tap

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:29

I love this cutting edge server and a huge thanks to Wolf and the others who made it happen.

I am making a start on some Multiplay missions and will focus on a traditional Coop style mission where all fly on one side. At the moment I am still coming to grips with the ME. Last night I did some testing to try to find out what the maximum distance is that an object will appear in visual range.

Using a series of blimps, spaced at 250m with each fourth one raised to mark the kilometer, it appears that with all graphics maxed out, the distance that an object will appear is 5 kilometers.

This distance is important to know as it is apparent that when you reach a certain number of planes, the game will revert from air to treacle and everything slows down. We need to be able to deactivate unchosen planes and remove dead pilots and spawn new planes, all the while keeping within the limits of the game engine. For immersion you don't want planes spawning and despawning within visual range.

Big green hoops with a series for each plane would make for a great air race. If you make the hoops small and place objects either side, the ME can decide the victor.

~E!~
D_T

#100 TJTAS

TJTAS

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:02

When my server is up its running more "Mission" based scenarios. Preferably for Co-Op play. Also I hate the swapping sides all the time nonsense (opposite and order). On my server German is always Opposite. I would welcome any mission based (co-operative missions) that anyone builds and wants to share (please keep to German = opposite though)

#101 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:06

Excellent ! DT , just Excellent !

I think, when your ready Double Tap, i will organise & setup a second server as the missions we talked about would be coop base campaign style and sound Amazing :D
The complex and possibilities of the Mission editor can give me a headache.

They deserves the merit of a EXTRA Dedicated server .

I hope ,Rise of flight dont mind a extra server 24/7 8-)

Take your time Double Tap , but look forward to the results.

TjTAs i have already started doing the same , makes for orderly gameplay when you know what side your joining…

Best regards
RAF_Wolf
Tony

#102 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:56

Many people play on the weekends?

I was hoping to get some feedback from the 1v1 server, I will run it at about 9:00 tonight if a few people could try to join it and post what you think, that would be great.

Also the server will eventually password protected with gday as the password. It also says australia only, to keep pings low. If your close to australia and have a ping lower than 250 then that would be acceptable.

!~S~

#103 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:09

Is up, but Think its faulty, can anyone connect?

#104 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:30

chaos , how do you know what your ping is in rise of flight ?

tried going in your 1 v 1 and got booted to mainscreen , check your firewall n ports ect.

#105 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:54

chaos , how do you know what your ping is in rise of flight ?

tried going in your 1 v 1 and got booted to mainscreen , check your firewall n ports ect.

Yeah have been trying to work out whats wrong, Think its a port thing.

Um with ping you cannot see it with rise of flight but you could use cmd netstat -a to view all connected ip's and ping them from there.

In flight sims people lag, and the planes go out of sync, its noticable if someone has a bad ping.

#106 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:45

Thanks Chaos :) i thought i was going mad , when you mentioned 250ms ping and started wondering if my game was missing some extra screens of infomation i couldnt see :)

My guess on the issue its either ports or firewalls

Normaly one or the other.

Good luck.

#107 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 18 September 2009 - 13:41

Still no go :(

Can play it in lan but I think there is a problem with our network.

Windows Server (Virtual machine) connects to linux via a virtual link, then connects to a router that connects to another router 2kms wireless link, that connects to yet anothe router *house*, that connects to my computer.

Currently I'm trying it from my computer before I put it on the server might have to change some QS settins.

#108 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 19 September 2009 - 15:06

Headsup

If the server goes off line for any reason

1 Dont worry ,i didnot break it again :)
2 Join teamspeak and tell a RAF_name tag Member , they will pass on the message to RAF_Midnight for you.
3 Leave a post message on the link below
http://www.gamearena...ead.php/5002036">http://www.gamearena....au/forums/3156 … hp/5002036
4 Leave a post on link below as RAF_Midnight is a GameArena Gameop , like me :)
http://www.raf662.co...ead.php?t=28954">http://www.raf662.co...ead.php?t=28954

Im Moving to New Zealand on wednesday 23rd September , may take a week or 3 to find a home and tinternet connection :)

See you soon

Regards
RAF_Wolf

#109 Double_Tap

Double_Tap

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:38

and tinternet connection

Two tin cans and some string? NZ Broadband? ;)

Good luck with the move Wolf. We are going to miss you.

~E!~
D_T

#110 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:31

Have a safe trip Wolf, Hope to see you back online soon

PPS Checked out your zepplin WOW thats cool how long did that take to model? I'm looking into getting 3d studio and having a crack at modeling, but probably not untill the end of semester as I have some really hard courses that have me studying till wee hours in the morning..

anyhooo S!

#111 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 21 September 2009 - 13:38

I now have all the skins!!!! 400MB's

Will work on that tute over the next few weeks

#112 Welshie

Welshie

Posted 21 September 2009 - 13:50

I hear NZ Carrier Pidgeon is probably the most stable connection You're gonna get over there Wolf….That's of coarse if None of the locals Shoot it down for their lunch ;) :shock: :lol:

#113 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 21 September 2009 - 20:10

for anyone interseted in skinning the skins are located in ~\Games\Rise of Flight\data\grapics2.gtp

Google unGTP.exe for the extractor

#114 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:18

Chaos GT Skin Work in progress (unfinished I only did half an hour on this skin this morning)

Attached Files

#115 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:23

More fiddling

Attached Files

#116 Welshie

Welshie

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:28

Love the Reaper Logo on the side Chaos :)

#117 schultzar

schultzar

Posted 07 October 2009 - 11:47

Never see anyone in the GA Server and it's been a full 7 days.

#118 RAF_Sharkzz

RAF_Sharkzz

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:33

:o
~S~
WOLF mate I finally made it I think :roll:
not sure where to go ,,,thanks for the info
NOW I think I need a ROF check ride :oops:

#119 Proccy

Proccy

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:11

Me neither I dont even know how to connect. In RoF multiplay I dnt even get a connection and if I try to connect from GameArena I get a error message saying no software .Please help

Lieut. (A./Capt.) Andrew Weatherby Beauchamp-Proctor, D.S.O., M.C., D.F.C., No. 84 Sqn., R.A. Force.

#120 DeathTripp

DeathTripp

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:03

More fiddling
Woah man, how did you do that?? That looks great!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users