#41 OxysTaxiService

OxysTaxiService

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:34

ta wolf {champion ) will get into it tomorrow . tonite is flying nite i hope

#42 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:48

Bad news

Server has Locked up on the SOMME map ,and i already know that if i reset the server to remove the mission ,,it will not come back up online again afterwards .

Sorry gentlemen , i have hands tied till monday 9pm.

#43 OxysTaxiService

OxysTaxiService

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:05

is there a way to work around this wolf eg like wait
for this map to finnish then all jump back in

#44 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:10

Damn the Somme!!! Will wait patiently until Wolfey gets it sorted..New maps sound awesome, cant wait to kick some butt, and get my butt kicked..

#45 3DDevil

3DDevil

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:13

Wolf couldnt access the server tonight. Comes up with a loading error??… Anyone else having problems? :shock: Or just me? :oops:

#46 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:32

Yes I am to.. but wolf is on to it i see him there today testing(well i think its him).

All hail wolf…lol

#47 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:48

Well gentlemen :)

The server is down till monday , sorry , i realise you can see it in multiplayer screen and sort of join it , but its not going to work :)

Ive had 4 hours throwing multiple options at the server and moving ENG files around to see if i can bypass the mission transmission lock error and it is dead lock ,stallmate or stuck in limbo-land ,:) you may even say its gone walk about in NO-Mans-Land ,,, i know why and i know how to fix it and it all have to be done monday :(

Sorry , but im only human.

The Guru's / ADMIN at gamearena will fix it up and get the server running smoothly , and i will delete the SOMME Mission !

unfortunately the server restarts on what ever mission it had last run , but the somme mission has an error , so it became a catch 22 loop , i had no idea the mission had a error till the update was made to the server and it highlighted the issue.

Anyway will post on monday when its fixed up :)

#48 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:26

Well gentlemen :)

The server is down till monday , sorry , i realise you can see it in multiplayer screen and sort of join it , but its not going to work :)

Ive had 4 hours throwing multiple options at the server and moving ENG files around to see if i can bypass the mission transmission lock error and it is dead lock ,stallmate or stuck in limbo-land ,:) you may even say its gone walk about in NO-Mans-Land ,,, i know why and i know how to fix it and it all have to be done monday :(

Sorry , but im only human.

The Guru's / ADMIN at gamearena will fix it up and get the server running smoothly , and i will delete the SOMME Mission !

unfortunately the server restarts on what ever mission it had last run , but the somme mission has an error , so it became a catch 22 loop , i had no idea the mission had a error till the update was made to the server and it highlighted the issue.

Anyway will post on monday when its fixed up :)

Just like to say cheer and thank you for all the hard work your doing Wolf, we wouldn't have a server if it wasn't for you.

Thank you S!

#49 3DDevil

3DDevil

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:41

+1 Thanks WOLF… you are a champion and a true Gentleman of the Air S! ;)

#50 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 05 September 2009 - 17:03

Ah, the growing pains of a new flight-sim. While it can be ultimately frustrating at times, it really is exciting.

Thanks for the server and the effort Wolf. See you Monday. ;)

#51 GOZR

GOZR
  • LocationAshland, Oregon

Posted 05 September 2009 - 17:40

Wolf can you overwrite the Somme mission in question ? and teh error will go away… normally

#52 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 05 September 2009 - 23:48

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone would like to compete in a scrum on a specified date every month?

3 flights 1v1 in aircraft of choice winner goes on to fight someone out of the next tier-

>(A vs B) (C vs D) (D vs E) (E vs F)<

(A & C Wins) (D & F Wins)

>>(A vs C) (D vs F)<<

(A & D Wins)

>>>(A vs D)<<<
Etc…

#53 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 06 September 2009 - 13:30

Chaos , i have seen this type of thing happen on other flight sims , but it was 2v2 , 3v3 , 4v4 style,,,, 1v1 means alot of organising but squad v squad is actually easier to setup.

The last 1v1 contest i know of that was held was around 2005 in china on the 6DOF servers in il-2 , won by schnee known now as RAF_Sola :) , dead right! i recruited him :D

If only 30 pilots want to fly 1v1 it makes more time waiting than 30 pilots fighting 5 v 5 or if possible 200+ pilots fighting 12 v 12.

If alot of interest and people flying on the server wanting this then i can make a EXTRA Dedicated server

If it was to happen it would be more than 1v1 because of time logistics and downtime for the public as making a extra dedicated server just for 30 pilots is not worth the hassle involved.

Get 200+ pilots and hey GAMEARENA would do it heheheheehe
OR
Keep the Gamearena server FULL for a WEEK !
If its full for a full week i can ask for a second server or more :)

But very good and welcome suggestion ,RAF662 squadron would jump in on the fun im sure :D

Best regards
RAF_Wolf

#54 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 06 September 2009 - 19:53

Hi ALL,

Just want to say a big thank you to wolf and the crew for giving my a helping hand last night.

had a lot of fun. ( But its all you guys fault ) my eyes feel like sand paper today.lol Keeping me up till 2am..

Was cool also to have a sneek preview of a new map the wolf is devloping very cool no waiting around strait into the action.

Any way thanks alot you guys

See ya in the sky

Steve.

#55 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 06 September 2009 - 23:22

Sorry for the late one steve , but it was a good laugh :)

like i mentioned alot of GOOD PEOPLE join the teamspeak , and lastnight was a fine example of a normal night , good to see you enjoying the banter :)

trying to get the server running again so finger crossed :)

Best regards
RAF_Wolf
Tony

#56 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 06 September 2009 - 23:28

If you get it running Wolf i will kiss you, figuratively speaking that is!

PS: Good Luck…..

#57 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 07 September 2009 - 00:42

I'm hoping they Fix MP so we can have 1v1 death matches.

But currently we could have 4 sets of 2 fly off into differnet directions then fight, the winers fly back land.

#58 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:47

Hay Tony,

No worries i have had later ones.

had a ball last night will jump back on again tonight when i get home from my part time job ( tend bar on Mon,Tues,Wed night).

Chaos, mate not a good idea, It would be me always flying back as the winner… I am just that good ( Not )….LOL

Chat again soon,

Steve

#59 OxysTaxiService

OxysTaxiService

Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:50

i agree with the others wolf ur the Da man . i will personaly sacifice a chicken in ur name and that all the hard work that u have done will be worth it. Having a place to play thats fair, with no cheating ,friendly and the abilty for other plays to FORGIVE you when u collide with them more than once , makes it easyer to say sorry or its my fault, is a nice change .
ps. Wolf i only have a black chicken is thst ok ? :lol:

#60 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:35

Servers up just @ 5:30Pm , and if it crashes again im going to need that Chicken to beat the living daylightz outta someone , i truly have no clue if its running good or if its going to get stuck on a mission and sit in No-Mans-Land whistling kentucky fried chicken songs @ me

Wing and a prayer for tonights flying gentlemen :)

5 new missions in the map rotation , tested but aww shuckz its the best i can do @ map making..

IF any of you can make and understand the Editor , make it known here please ,, and join me on teamspeak please.

Best Regards
RAF_Wolf
Tony

#61 OxysTaxiService

OxysTaxiService

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:53

OK chicken on standby

#62 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:01

Chickens???

Okay I missed something lol!~

#63 Welshie

Welshie

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:06

From ShyteHawk to Chicken Hawk in one easy lesson (From the film "Battle Of Britain")
Taka-taka-taka-taka ;) :D

#64 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:22

Well its working but with some odd things happening

Download errors and the 5 new missions are not loading this might be the cause of the error boots you all have hit tonight , sorry about that and i will try and see why its happening tomorrow .

Regards
Tony

#65 Welshie

Welshie

Posted 07 September 2009 - 13:19

I blame Double Tap…..Odd things seem to happen when He's around ;) :D

#66 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 07 September 2009 - 14:13

Well If someone could whisper a wish it would be a Double_Tap , 12 v 12 missions with 1 AI plane taking off on both teams :D

That would be good right now :)

#67 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 07 September 2009 - 22:44

Another great night on MP gents, thanks everyone(English & French)for helping me eat dirt.. :roll: And for those unlucky enough to stray into my gun sights and get hit, i was just as surprised as you. :lol:

#68 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 08 September 2009 - 00:36

UPDATE

Server FIXED !

GameArena admin called FreeWheelin - Steve found the problem in 3 minutes flat , and fixed it up jst as quick :)

Sorry for the download errors people got last night but it should run smoother from today onward.

Also

5 NEW MISSIONS should work !

#69 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:48

CHAPS, THREE CHEERS FOR WOLF AND FreeWheelin.."HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY". Nice work Wolfey. Hi Ho, Hi Ho, its off to No-Mans Land we go.

#70 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:27

As Duff Man would say " OH Yeah"

Got my bandwidth back so watch out guys Im back…

See you all tonight when I get home from my pub dutys.

Steve

Attached Files

#71 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:36

All of the new missions have at least one AI plane each side that take off and DOGFIGHTs , yes it ATTACKs you ,,, :) if you come close to them , all set on ACE so give them respect they have attitued and hold a grudge LOL

If you like the idea of one AI take off on both teams i can set the other 5 missions up with this setup so all missions will start even if only one person is in the server.

The only bad thing i can see with this style of new mission is that when you select a plane and goto the hanger and setup convergance , if you report ready and your computer is a fast computer then a slower computer may not be ready and the game will of started before they have loaded and selected a plane….

I think i can solve that issue by making the mission REPORT READ starting mission countdown be abit longer but at the same time reduce the end mission statistics timer countdown to say 5 seconds.

Anyway , will be doing some fine tuning to the gamearena settings of the server later in the week.

Below is a list possible changes
Friendly Icons will stay ON , but enemy icons OFF
Padlock OFF
End of Mission Statistics page timer from 60 seconds - to - 5 or 10 seconds
Start of mission reported ready countdown timer from 60 seconds to 80 - 90 seconds (ish)

If this causes issues i can always turn them back on again , but lets see how it goes first.

Best Regards
RAF_Wolf
Tony

#72 OxysTaxiService

OxysTaxiService

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:12

Wolf u are man of honour and talent, thankyou for ur and others work on this server.
I have decided to sacifice ANOTHER CHICKEN in your name, this will have to be the last chicken for while as the nextdoor neigbour is getting suspicious about her missing hens, AH' to hell with let the blood flow i say and releases the dogs of war

#73 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 08 September 2009 - 21:08

Hi All,

Hay wolf you mentioned you guys also play IL2, What version of the game you guys play?

Can I just get a copie of the orginal game and go from there or is there a differant copie i have to look for ?

regards
Steve

#74 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 08 September 2009 - 22:35

Hi Wolf, I'm also interested in playing IL MP as well. Have IL1946 patched to 4.08, and as asked by Steve, what further patches are required to join the fun?

#75 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 08 September 2009 - 22:36

Hi All,

Hay wolf you mentioned you guys also play IL2, What version of the game you guys play?

Can I just get a copie of the orginal game and go from there or is there a differant copie i have to look for ?

regards
Steve

Mate if you get the steam version its only 9 USD and its the latest version with everything bar the user made patch that you can download for free S!

#76 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 08 September 2009 - 22:55

Hi,

Thanks Chaos for coming back so quickly, Will go hm at lunch and do the download thing from steam. Can you give us the link for the user made patch ?

Thanks for that

Steve

#77 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:30

Hi,

Thanks Chaos for coming back so quickly, Will go hm at lunch and do the download thing from steam. Can you give us the link for the user made patch ?

Thanks for that

Steve

You have to register with the following site, its in there Unified installer download *i think* If you have trouble I think wolf would be the man to ask S!

http://allaircraftar...forum/index.php">http://allaircraftar...forum/index.php

#78 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:55

(:

#79 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:29

Chaos = YES!

Also , i know a place to host them so poeple can download and install , how does that sound :)

see you on teamspeak soon

#80 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:22

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users