Photo
- - - - -

Gamearena 24/7 Dedicated Server

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#1 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:06

Gamearena Rise of Flight Dedicated 24/7 Server.

AUSTRALIA DEDICATED SERVER has come online TODAY.

BIGPOND customers will be very happy with this 24/7 dedicated server, as it means that you are flying online UNLIMITED USAGE on your internet account.

Please be respectful to other players and have FUN in the skies.

Anyone who can create missions for the server is very welcome to contact me, and i can get them uploaded to the server.

Best Regards
RAF_Wolf (GameOp)
Tony.

#2 TX-EcoDragon

TX-EcoDragon

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:07

Nice!

#3 Double_Tap

Double_Tap

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:46

Whoo Hoo!
Thanks Wolf for getting this up.
Will be on soon.
D_T

#4 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:38

:) Looking forward to our battles D_T , miss the tumbles :)

Runs smooth but really need to know how to add more planes to the missions , server gets full to easy when map is 5 v 5

Can anyone make some missions that have full plane sets available ,about 7 per plane…

Or show me how to add planes to a mission please.

Best Regards
RAF_Wolf
Tony.

Attached Files

#5 O_Caldwell

O_Caldwell

Posted 25 August 2009 - 13:30

A BIG thank you to RAF_Wolf for your effort in arranging and setting up this server. The connection for Aussie players is rock solid with no lag on my end, highly recommended.

I am totally new to the Multyplayer scene and was lucky enough to come accross another of RAF_Wolf's posts inviting you to join their Aussie Furballs via Teamspeak and hav'nt regretted one moment. I found them to be a very helpful and patient group that helped a noob like me to improve my some what meager skills. I would recommend all Aussie players to visit this server and see for yourself.

Best Regards,
_Caldwell
(Paul) :D :D :D

#6 3DDevil

3DDevil

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:30

Thanks this is awesome.. I will be online tonight for sure!!… will also download Gamespeak as well!! S! Thanks again guys!!!

#7 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:07

Update :)

New missions with larger plane options now running on the server :)

#8 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:41

Update :)

New missions with larger plane options now running on the server :)

Wolf FTW~S!~ Cheers for organising the server

#9 3DDevil

3DDevil

Posted 27 August 2009 - 21:32

Had a great time last night. Thanks… By the way WOLF I am in process of ordering a new sound card and microphone headset… any suggestions?? :)

#10 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 27 August 2009 - 21:40

Yes it was great last night, except i kept eating German lead… :shock: Thanks for all the good work Wolf, its very muchly appreciated by all the Aussie ROF flyers. To all those German pilots from last nite, i will get my revenge!!! :evil:

#11 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 27 August 2009 - 21:59

Had a great time last night. Thanks… By the way WOLF I am in process of ordering a new sound card and microphone headset… any suggestions?? :)

Devil I don't think you will need a sound card. But if you do want to get one I would suggest the following *use to have computer business very savy on hardware*:

Creative Sound Blaster 5.1VX $22 (this is all anyone really needs)

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Half Height OEM $88

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCIe $99 (if you want pcie)

Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset with Microphone, In-Line Volume Control, 40mm driver units, Frequency Response - 20Hz~20kHz $41.00

Razer Carcharias Gaming Headphones, Full over-ear coverage, superior gaming audio, clarity and bass, noise Filtering Microphone., adjustable $103.00

Those prices I got from my wholesaler altech, search http://www.shopbot.com.au">www.shopbot.com.au to find the cheapest deals. Hope that has been of help ~S!~

#12 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 28 August 2009 - 00:20

Hello :)

I must say i was slightly reserved about giving out teamspeak ip details on a forum , but to be honest IM GLAD i made the post :)

REALLY good to meet and have a laugh with you all , good fun and worth while.

Looking forward to more GOOD people joining in the fun we have.

Chaos your a man of many talents :)

I will be trying to get a RISE of Flight room specially for you gentlemen to use on Teamspeak.

Best Regards
RAF_Wolf
Tony.

#13 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:10

Hello :)

I must say i was slightly reserved about giving out teamspeak ip details on a forum , but to be honest IM GLAD i made the post :)

REALLY good to meet and have a laugh with you all , good fun and worth while.

Looking forward to more GOOD people joining in the fun we have.

Chaos your a man of many talents :)

I will be trying to get a RISE of Flight room specially for you gentlemen to use on Teamspeak.

Best Regards
RAF_Wolf
Tony.

The same wolf it was a pleasure to play with you guys especially in a game like rise of flight. It reminds me of my red baron 2 days-

On a side note, I wouldn't mind getting back into IL2 and seeing some MP, I just downloaded the latest patches from AAA, Can't get the mods to work I have to run the game in clean mode or it will crash at 95% No 6DOF :( has anyone had this problem and know of a fix? What do the mods do exactly?

Hey how are the missions your working on, I saw a server with password on it, something about testing is that you?

Anyhoo !S and see you in the skys next week sometime *have assignments so can't play atm*

#14 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:30

Wolf if you haven't already seen this new mission post here is the link http://riseofflight....php?f=64&t=2673">viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2673 This sounds very fun :)

#15 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:56

Hello Chaos,

Yes ive been ,,,, testing missions ,,,, not just NEW missions , also testing plane limits per mission and other tests ,but it been good fun.

RAF_Aussie has a new telent :)for mission creations , and even with not manual instructions has been having some sucess in creating missions.
He's got a talent and a stubborn streak for not giving up and i think within the next 2 days we will have around 5 new 12 v 12 missions , but we have done something different , with these NEW missions , we have set the missions up with ONE AI planes both side so that if someone joins the server ,and finds no one else in the server , he can fly a mission or 3 ,while people arrive to join the fun.

Even though the server can run 16 v 16 missions very well, i think it is slightly too CPU heavy for low end pilots computers ,trying to process whats happening within the server , and so we have come to a balance of 12v12 plus 2 AI planes flying , one each side.

While the server is new i think its the right way to go , till its popular.
Hope you all approve

Register on http://www.RAF662.com">www.RAF662.com for help and advice on IL-2 , i think we can help alot with that hassle , or just catch up with me on RAF662 teamspeak.
Its worthwhile downloading the UI1.1 (2Gig ish) and UI1.1.1 patch (small) but do not install them till you catch up with us , just get your IL-2 1946 installed and update patch to 4.08v , to check the version you are using look at the bottom left of the load screen.

Best Regards
RAF_Wolf
Tony

#16 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 30 August 2009 - 23:05

Hello Chaos,

Yes ive been ,,,, testing missions ,,,, not just NEW missions , also testing plane limits per mission and other tests ,but it been good fun.

RAF_Aussie has a new telent :)for mission creations , and even with not manual instructions has been having some sucess in creating missions.
He's got a talent and a stubborn streak for not giving up and i think within the next 2 days we will have around 5 new 12 v 12 missions , but we have done something different , with these NEW missions , we have set the missions up with ONE AI planes both side so that if someone joins the server ,and finds no one else in the server , he can fly a mission or 3 ,while people arrive to join the fun.

Even though the server can run 16 v 16 missions very well, i think it is slightly too CPU heavy for low end pilots computers ,trying to process whats happening within the server , and so we have come to a balance of 12v12 plus 2 AI planes flying , one each side.

While the server is new i think its the right way to go , till its popular.
Hope you all approve

Register on http://www.RAF662.com">http://www.RAF662.com for help and advice on IL-2 , i think we can help alot with that hassle , or just catch up with me on RAF662 teamspeak.
Its worthwhile downloading the UI1.1 (2Gig ish) and UI1.1.1 patch (small) but do not install them till you catch up with us , just get your IL-2 1946 installed and update patch to 4.08v , to check the version you are using look at the bottom left of the load screen.

Best Regards
RAF_Wolf
Tony

Oh I already patched it ages ago, with 1.1 and 1.1.1 I think. I have the steam version so maybe thats the reason I have troubles :(

#17 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:20

Chaos , do a post on raf662.com , one of the wizkids will sort it out im sure.

#18 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:56

Hi Wolf, not sure if your online, but after the last patch and when entering the server, it is not giving any planes to select? Tryed both opposite and order, and still no planes to select?

#19 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:24

Yeah sorry gentlemen

If your game updated AUTO to the new patch that was released today ,you can not fly on the server because it did not get updated to new version of the game.

It appears the master server does not like being updated :)

Taken the server off-line till tomorrow ,so i can get it fixed up with the new update, And , Upload a new mission called RAF662_LastLight at the same time :)

Should be running again tomorrow

Best Regards
RAF_Wolf

#20 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 02 September 2009 - 21:00

Thanks Wolf, i was only a little worried…MMMMM a new mission, this will be fun.. :D

#21 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 02 September 2009 - 21:05

Hi Wolf. I'm afraid I can't find the TS info you speak of. I'd be interested in getting on with you gents (pardon if I use the term rather loosely).

8-)

TB

#22 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 02 September 2009 - 23:13

Hi Thunderbolt, the TS info is:

IP - 216.246.7.71
Password: Fighter101
Room: ROF

I hope you dont mind me passing this info on WOLF. ;)

#23 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 02 September 2009 - 23:32

S!

Good on you herby :)

TX , join anytime , and very welcome mate

Im going to work on the server today so fingers crossed :D

#24 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:06

Hay all,

I found ya..hehe

I have picked up the teamspeak info and downloaded it so might be able to chat with ya all rather then type and loose myway when flying with you all.

Hay Wolf when ya getting to Wanaka ? (Awesome part of the Country). Good to see that you are coming over to the light side of the force( Be it in the South Island ) Maybe get a Kiwi server up and runing when you have settled in.

I have purchased all the aircraft now so looking forward to testing my skills out (or lack of)

Anyway catch you guys in the sky..

Cheers
Steve11

AKA Smiladon :mrgreen:

#25 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:41

SNIFF…SNIFF. 7.40pmest and no server yet..The world is so cruel… :(

#26 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:22

With you there Herby, :(

10-30 pm here and now sever….

Good thing come to those towait.

#27 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:52

Server is down? :(

#28 OxysTaxiService

OxysTaxiService

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:32

hi guys cant wait to play if only as a target

#29 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:36

LOL Oxy..You manage to do quite well when i'm trying to shoot you down. Very slippery.. And you can be my wingman any time..Sorry i didnt mean to quote that awful movie… :lol:

#30 OxysTaxiService

OxysTaxiService

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:08

SOMEONE herd me (first forum). THANKYOU herb and i will be ur wing man any time . cant say how much fun i had with u guys ,herb ,wolf and others. can u emagine my horra to see gamearena gone :shock: finding this forum has rest my fears about useing international servers so thanks again herb and to everyone who helps with this server ps. u can have spelling or a modest speed typing , not BOTH

#31 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:26

:D Sorry for the delay gentlemen,

The server wil be back up ASAP , the last update just did not like our server master system , but good news is its given me time to create some new missions

3 missions in total and some changes to original missions to make them user friendly.

we might turn off the Padlock function , does any one mind if we turn this off for awhile to see how game play evolves.

Sorry for the delay.

Steve11 aka smiladon , We already have a New Zealand Squadron on Rise of Flight :)

Best Regards
RAF_Wolf

#32 OxysTaxiService

OxysTaxiService

Posted 03 September 2009 - 13:20

thanks wolf ur a good man. truning off padlock dosnt affect me i use ir4. looking forward to useing teamspeak withyou guys if thats ok , but have to work on some ts issues first .

#33 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 03 September 2009 - 19:40

Hay wolf,

really! Can you point me in the right direction for the Kiwi squadron.

have got ts now went to do the link thing through your squardron web site but no luck .

Nice lady keep on sayig error….

Cant wait to meet you all in the skys again.

Steve.

P.s how do you put a pic on your profile on this site ?

Cheers

#34 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 03 September 2009 - 21:28

Hi Steve, go into: forum settings, profile, edit avatar.Can also add a sig if you want..

#35 OxysTaxiService

OxysTaxiService

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:32

just saw the aussie server is up look forward to being shot at by u guys

#36 OxysTaxiService

OxysTaxiService

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:02

guys seaming how the sever is up (ta who ever helped with that) and it is a friday nite what time will u guys be flying tonite ,mass attack u know or is another nite a better bet, ill read back later to find a time 8-)

#37 Herbs107

Herbs107

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:06

Oxy, i should be on around 9.00PMest, others usually appear around 8.00pm. Steve is in NZ, and usually earlier. Its been 2 days only, and i have had the worst cold turkey experience. Why is this game so addictive???

#38 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:59

:D Server up ,but it feels old news as you guys post it as it happens LOL

Ive uploaded 5 new missions to the server but they will only be approved and run on the server this MONDAY …
YES ive added a mission ,that has the NEW Albatros DIII :)

i haven't got round to changing the server settings , and this will not happen this weekend , so talk it over , padlock ON or OFF :) and i guess we should be asking ICON's ON or OFF :)

Anyway , catch you in the Skies :D

See you all on Teamspeak
ip 216.246.7.71
password fighter101
(join as unregistered , but with a nickname)

CheckSix !

Best Regards
RAF_Wolf

#39 OxysTaxiService

OxysTaxiService

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:59

thats right wolf u do all the hard work ,while we take the glory announcing the server back up….. :lol: .just kidding wolf ,ur work is truely appreshated
(sorry spelling = beers) wolf u ROCK …NOW HERB ill see you there at 900pm no ts yet but soon ,i fly german cant stand the spad cant see out
c u around 900pm ok guys

#40 O_WolfPac

O_WolfPac

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:04

If you have never used Teamspeak before a quick list of instructions below .

1 Download Teamspeak-Client 2 @ http://www.teamspeak...?page=downloads">http://www.teamspeak...?page=downloads
2 Install.
3 Open and press connection.
4 Left Click mouse button on "Server" and select "ADD SERVER" call it RAF662 TS .
5 Fill in IP address 216.246.7.71 and password fighter101
6 Give your self a Name :)(nickname)
7 Make sure you select Anonymous , your not registered with the server only RAF662 members get registry rightz.
8 Connect button opens the server in LOBBY Mode or Rest Room.
9 Click the room words to join that session.
10 Join Rise~of~Flight Room.
11 Have fun :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users