Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Realistic gun sounds for Rise of flight

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#161 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 16 December 2011 - 19:43

what the heck is that scope sight thingie?…my world has just been turned upside down and i must have!!

It is an Aldis gun sight. If you go on to the store page and look under field mods, you will find them; available for British machines, French machines and for some Central rides, like the Albatros DIII. :S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#162 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 17 December 2011 - 00:03

I wonder if we will get an update on the sound mod today? :D I am really looking forward to the sound mod! :P I will have to keep checking here and on Youtube for signs of a new Niky video! :lol: :S!: MJ

I will update the first post with what i need to do in 1.2 and what has beeen done:

Things that need to be corrected in 1.2:

-right vickers has more echo than left vickers undone
-Observer's lewis internal sound disproportioned undone

-reduce lewis internal sound volume by 15% undone

-reduce external gun sound by 15% undone

-Increase wind volume by 20% done
-boost metallic tilting undone

See first post for updates on what has been done
:)

#163 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 17 December 2011 - 00:05

I wonder if we will get an update on the sound mod today? :D I am really looking forward to the sound mod! :P I will have to keep checking here and on Youtube for signs of a new Niky video! :lol: :S!: MJ

I will update the first post with what i need to do in 1.2 and what has beeen done:

Things that need to be corrected in 1.2:

-right vickers has more echo than left vickers undone
-Observer's lewis internal sound disproportioned undone

-reduce lewis internal sound volume by 15% undone

-reduce external gun sound by 15% undone

-Increase wind volume by 20% done
-boost metallic tilting undone

:)

Awesome! :D Thank you for the update Niky! :S!: MJ

#164 =IRFC=Vasco

=IRFC=Vasco

Posted 17 December 2011 - 15:27

Niky,

I just tested your file with the current RoF beta version - they must have reordered the sounds in that file, because the sounds are now all over the place. You'd better test it with the new patch when it's released otherwise people are going to have real prolems if they didn't back up the original file.

=IRFC=Vasco

#165 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 17 December 2011 - 15:44

Nice sounds Niky, many thanks!

If I may suggest, please consider using the Combat Ace downloads section for RoF 3rd party modders. That way all mods will be available in one place, will be easier for people to find (one stop shopping), and threads will not get buried with links to these terrific contributions.

http://combatace.com/files/category/417-rise-of-flight/

#166 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 17 December 2011 - 16:08

Niky,

I just tested your file with the current RoF beta version - they must have reordered the sounds in that file, because the sounds are now all over the place. You'd better test it with the new patch when it's released otherwise people are going to have real prolems if they didn't back up the original file.

=IRFC=Vasco

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:cry: This is going to take so much time to correct :cry:

Bandy: My mod is already at combatace, although its the old version: http://combatace.com...rise-of-flight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://combatace.com...es/file/12495-r … of-flight/ ;)

#167 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 17 December 2011 - 16:39

Niky,

=IRFC=Vasco

Vasco, did you install the mod via JSGME initialy?

#168 =IRFC=Vasco

=IRFC=Vasco

Posted 17 December 2011 - 18:37

No Trooper,

I just zipped up the original and put it back when Niky's mod failed.

=IRFC=Vasco

#169 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 17 December 2011 - 20:15

Niky,
oh no! I am really looking forward to this mod. I can't wait to see how the changes alter the in cockpit experience. Thank you for working on it Niky. I am sorry that we can't use the mod, right at the moment, but it will be a great addition, in due time. Thank you again! :S!: MJ

#170 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 17 December 2011 - 21:44

That's not cool for you Niky. If the devs have changed sounds files for next patch, your work so far could be all messed up as said Vasco…
Best is to save somewhere the original sound folder to back it up in case of troubles, as i did.
Just before downloading next update, i will back it up to be updated by new patch.
People who didn't save original sound folder could always hit "recovery" to get it again.

#171 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 19 December 2011 - 20:45

Available on first post and here, the last version for 1.022 patch:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4Y04MTWY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4Y04MTWY

changelog:

-Observer's lewis internal sound corrected
-reduced lewis internal sound volume by 15%
-reduced external gun sound by 15%
-Increased wind volume by 20%

It won't be anymore updates until next rof patch (1.023)

happy hunting :)

#172 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 19 December 2011 - 21:24

For it being only 200MB, this download is taking considerably longer (an hour) than the previous version I downloaded (which took more like a couple minutes). :|

#173 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 19 December 2011 - 22:08

It is very slow.

Xmas vacation and all those kids (like AJ ;)) playing on the internet, I suspect.

#174 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 19 December 2011 - 22:24

Thanks mate.. just over 4 mins here to download..

#175 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 19 December 2011 - 22:30

Thanks everyone. Feel free to post your point of view about the wind. Too much, not enough, perfect? :)

#176 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 19 December 2011 - 23:42

It is very slow.

Xmas vacation and all those kids (like AJ ;)) playing on the internet, I suspect.

I suspect it's all those ol' geezers (like HT) looking up good retirement homes. :P :lol:

#177 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 19 December 2011 - 23:54

Took me about two hours to download it and I have a very fast connection. :(

If Trooper did it in four minutes he must have paid for the Premium Service ;)

I really suggest a better site….

#178 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 20 December 2011 - 00:01

No, not got the premium service mate.. just had to wait a minute and a half for normal access and then it was just over 4 mins.. so not too long here for some reason..

#179 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 20 December 2011 - 00:07

No, not got the premium service mate.. just had to wait a minute and a half for normal access and then it was just over 4 mins.. so not too long here for some reason..

Curious… :?:

#180 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 20 December 2011 - 00:09

Thanks everyone. Feel free to post your point of view about the wind. Too much, not enough, perfect? :)

Thanks a lot Niky. :D I will try it out and report back to you. :S!: MJ

#181 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 20 December 2011 - 00:56

Took me an hour and thirty to download.

Might try Mediafire.com next time Nicky?

#182 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:03

Yeah, definitely use a different site. Waiting 60 seconds before you can download is just annoying. :lol:

#183 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:05

Tried it out Nicky, the external sounds different/better. I can't tell any difference in wind sound.

Internal guns sound fine to me.

#184 Woops

Woops

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:33

I managed to download it in around 13 minutes, I noticed a second download going on in the background. I stopped it and the download sped up quite quickly. As to the sounds I agree with redpiano, external sounds are better but I couldn't make out much difference in the wind sound. But I like what i'm hearing anyway,
Cheers.

#185 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:47

Niky,
I really liked you sound mod a lot. I could actually go for more of the wind sound, but all around, I love the gun sounds and the external sounds. :S!: MJ

#186 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:06

Ok guys thanks for report, i will try on my side to boost the wind to an important level to see if the difference is notifiable. If successful i will repost the updated version. :)

#187 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:52

Strangely, i prefer the version 1.1 to the new one.
Wind is ok in 1.1, and i hear no improvment in 1.22.
My sound system has to be weird :lol:

Anyway, after one week at least of using your sound mod, i tried to come back to stock sounds…just to feel the difference… :o When my Bristol gunner open fire, if i don't look at him, i just hear nothing!
I can't fly with stock sound, now…i feel something is missing :lol:

#188 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:02

Haha thanks fifi :)

#189 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:18

I'll say that I've been switching between your mod and stock sound and I think I agree partly with Jimmy blonde's initial point that the gun sounds don't totally fit with the "soundscape". They have a very tinny sound to them compared to the stock sound which is more of a dull snap, I'm not sure which I like more.

#190 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:35

It is very slow.

I suspect it's all those ol' geezers (like HT) looking up good retirement homes. :P :lol:

:lol:
Remember this you cheeky young whippersnapper:

Being an ol' geezer is no bad thing when you consider the alternative…
:lol:

Niky: Thanks mate. Downloaded in less than 2 minutes here.
:S!:

#191 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 20 December 2011 - 18:37

I'll say that I've been switching between your mod and stock sound and I think I agree partly with Jimmy blonde's initial point that the gun sounds don't totally fit with the "soundscape". They have a very tinny sound to them compared to the stock sound which is more of a dull snap, I'm not sure which I like more.

It certainly will take getting used to. I think we are so used to hearing the dull snap you speak of that anything else seems out of place. I mean the only real sounds we hear in ROF are artillery/bombs, collisions, engines, gunfire, and wind. None of those are very metallic "sharp" sounds so it is easy for this one to seem out of place in the soundscape.

#192 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 20 December 2011 - 18:56

Could someone maybe upload to media fire or some such? I get 13Kb/s will take over 3 hours.

#193 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 20 December 2011 - 22:22

http://www.filesonic.com/file/4311073464/rgs_rof_1.22.rar

Apparently mediafire has a 200mb limit for free users. If you want this taken down niky let me know.

#194 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 21 December 2011 - 00:09

No problem upload it wherever you want :) thanks btw

#195 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:12

Thanks Nicky and redpiano

#196 WWIFlyingAce

WWIFlyingAce

Posted 21 December 2011 - 13:04

I like the new gun sounds but as the wind - I have flown in a few different open cockpit biplanes and I don't recall hearing the wind so much as the engine…
my 2 cents…

#197 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 21 December 2011 - 19:06

I like the new gun sounds but as the wind - I have flown in a few different open cockpit biplanes and I don't recall hearing the wind so much as the engine…
my 2 cents…

WWIFlyingAce
That is an interesting point. So in an open cockpit, it is the engine and not the wind that should be most dominant? Then, maybe, after 1.23, Niky could raise the engine sound; for inside the cockpit? What better way to hide the engine sounds of others, than to boost our own engine sounds! ;) I know that there are SPAD 13 pilots certainly up for hearing a little more from the orchestra, up front! :lol: :S!: MJ

#198 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 21 December 2011 - 19:37

+1 I'm all for experimenting with increased engine sounds.

#199 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 21 December 2011 - 19:47

And yet people are asking him to boost the wind sound previously??
This can easily get out of hand as Niky tries to repond to each and every request..

#200 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 21 December 2011 - 20:16

And yet people are asking him to boost the wind sound previously??
This can easily get out of hand as Niky tries to repond to each and every request..

I really like the last mod, by Niky. There is nothing wrong with a little wind sound. In a convertible car or on a motorcycle, I hear a bit of wind and certainly in a car, at 130 mph, I have heard the engine and the wind! :lol: I imagine that you hear some wind, at least if the engine is cut, on an aeroplane. My expectation, though not confirmed, is that the engines of these machines must be particularly loud. I am thinking of my experience on motorcycles, where you definitely hear your engine and it is the domainant sound, other than wind. I guess it would be best if Niky just consults with actual open pit pilots and people with experience in open cockpits; to create a definitive mod, rather than to tweak the mod over and over, for 1. 23. :) :S!: MJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users