Things corrected in 1.231:

-Repaired, working with 1.023 patch

Things corrected in 1.22:

-Observer's lewis internal sound corrected
-reduced lewis internal sound volume by 15%
-reduced external gun sound by 15%
-Increased wind volume by 20%

:)
This mod replaces original machinegun sounds with high quality real maxim/lewis gun recordings
(courtesy of C2builder) to get the most realistic and qualitative result possible.
ALSO FOR GERMAN MACHINEGUNS

Small youtube presentation (note that youtube vid sound is of lower quality though):

Download new version 1.231:

Note: Link deleted. Mod does not work with version 1.30b. If new version of this mod is made that does work with the latest version of ROF please let me know. Thanks. Jason.

Thank Repiano for the reupload

Lewis gun in 1.1:

Lewis gun in 1.1 above

Spandau internal sound presentation by HQ_Jorri:

:S!:

Externel and internal vickers presentation by JoeCrow:

EDIT:
Thanks everyone for your comments!

"
If you like this mod please drop me an appreciation.
If you dislike it comment it so that it can be improved. I'll change it to suit community likings if needed."

#2 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 06 December 2011 - 22:11

S! Niky

They Sound great!!

Hay Han any chance of putting these sound in game ?? "please"

O_Smiladon

#3 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 06 December 2011 - 22:13

Hell yes! That sounds great! Is it only for Entente planes? Are you going to mod the Central aircraft gun sounds too?

#4 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 06 December 2011 - 22:13

The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

???

#5 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 06 December 2011 - 22:35

Have to say I prefer the original sounds by far, sorry.

#6 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 06 December 2011 - 22:37

Hm I'm not sure…judging by the video (haven't tried them myself yet) I do like them, but I'm not sure if it wuld stay that way and I'm also not sure if it's entirely realistic, because in a plane you don't have the ground and a wall of trees to reflect any of the sound.

#7 =FB=Chapay

=FB=Chapay

Posted 06 December 2011 - 23:01

Заголовок: Realistic gun sounds for Rise of flight

:x

This mod replaces original machinegun sounds with high quality real maxim/lewis gun.

Finally came the time when each user can insert additional modes in the game and see the game so how can it its outlook and education. :S!: BRAVO!

#8 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 06 December 2011 - 23:07

Hm I'm not sure…judging by the video (haven't tried them myself yet) I do like them, but I'm not sure if it wuld stay that way and I'm also not sure if it's entirely realistic, because in a plane you don't have the ground and a wall of trees to reflect any of the sound.

What Jorri says, although I like them better than the default ones I am not sure it is the optimal replacement.

#9 SirFreddie

SirFreddie

Posted 06 December 2011 - 23:22

Didn't one of 'our' 777 sound guys move to sort out CloD sounds? On first listening the Lewis gun sounds pretty good Niky :S!:

#10 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 06 December 2011 - 23:23

Listening again, I do like the sounds, but the echo is just way too much…especially on the lewis. You can tell it's being fired on the ground and not in the air.

#11 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 06 December 2011 - 23:41

Listening again, I do like the sounds, but the echo is just way too much…especially on the lewis. You can tell it's being fired on the ground and not in the air.

That's exactly what I thought, it sounds like they were recorded inside an empty shipping container and they are nowhere near the fidelity of the sounds we already have.

#12 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 06 December 2011 - 23:50

Awesome! Great work Niky!

#13 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 07 December 2011 - 00:01

Good effort..

#14 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:41

Just tried them out and they sound great, a little odd sometimes but for the most part they sound very nice.

#15 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:43

From the video, while the airplane is in flight, I cannot hear the echo though. I can hear it in the N11 on the ground with the engine off but in flight I do not.

#16 SirFreddie

SirFreddie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:57

Jorri after listening again it is very obvious you are correct :S!:

Good sound though Niky :D

#17 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:02

I think you'd be better off taking the sounds we already have and dirtying them up a bit rather than working with those low quality samples. There's a saying in sound engineering which goes: "You can't polish a turd."

#18 SirFreddie

SirFreddie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:07

You can polish a 'Dinosaur' turd!!!

I don't believe that hurts your basic argument though Jimmy :lol:

#19 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:47

TBH I do really like the vickers sound..

#20 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:49

Quite an improvement but not really professional recordings. Sound like they were lifted off those YouTube MG videos. Still, better than the default! Thanks!

#21 Disposable_hero

Disposable_hero

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:59

I can see where some furhter tweaking on the default gun sounds would really improve the immersion effect of ROF….these new onea aren't perfect but they definately show the short comings of the in-game sounds..

#22 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:08

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Thanks for ALL comments positives and negatives!

However some of you judge without reading the readme and without testing only based on YT vid which is a very fast insight!

So i will paste here part of the readme:

"
If you like this mod please drop me an appreciation.
If you dislike it comment it so that it can be improved. I'll change it to suit community likings if needed."

#23 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:11

Thanks a lot Niky :P Glad it's a french mod :lol:

I think you're effort is great for better immersion.
Though, i have to try it tomorrow, but it sounds already great on video!

#24 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:20

I tried it in game and not only does it work mods off but it sounds great IMO. I can't really hear any echo personally but it sounds more dynamic and interesting than the default.

#25 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:23

I tried it in game and not only does it work mods off but it sounds great IMO. I can't really hear any echo personally but it sounds more dynamic and interesting than the default.

Unzipped in JsgmeMOD folder, it works mods off?? :shock:

#26 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:25

Some answers:

Hell yes! That sounds great! Is it only for Entente planes? Are you going to mod the Central aircraft gun sounds too?
They are for all mate, including Central

Have to say I prefer the original sounds by far, sorry.
Don't feel sorry. Even the best mods get dislikes, everyone has the right to his own opinion.

That's exactly what I thought, it sounds like they were recorded inside an empty shipping container and they are nowhere near the fidelity of the sounds we already have.
They were recorded in totally open field as you can actually see in C2builder and my vid ;)

I think you'd be better off taking the sounds we already have and dirtying them up a bit rather than working with those low quality samples.
And I think that you'd better actually testing them before commenting so much ;) i hope you don't take that in an offensive way but YT vid is just a low quality insight

Quite an improvement but not really professional recordings. Sound like they were lifted off those YouTube MG videos. Still, better than the default! Thanks!
44100hz 16bit stereo which is actually the normal setting for High audio setting in rise of flight. Recorded from different locations, single shot multi shot, just like FMOD developpers recommendations.

However if you have access to anything more professional please share ;)

As i said i will improve to fit community likings.

Some people complained about Lewis resonnance, have you tested it inflight? Is it still too much resoning while inflight?

#27 Woops

Woops

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:27

I couldn't hear the gun in my DH2 cockpit while on the ground before takeoff with engine off, but when flying it's clearly audible. When I returned from the short flight I could hear it in the cockpit with engine off! Whatever. From a noob's point of view I rather like it.

Cheers.

#28 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:35

@Woops: Thanks for your comment. No it's not supposed to be that way. And i works normally on my DH2. Is anyone else having this problem?

#29 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:46

Unzipped in JsgmeMOD folder, it works mods off?? :shock:

I don't use JSGME, I just backed up the original file and put it directly into the audio_hi directory like the readme says. I was playing multiplayer for a bit and to my surprise they worked mods off.

#30 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:00

:( 274 Mo to download…it's gonna be more than one hour here…

#31 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:09

And I think that you'd better actually testing them before commenting so much ;) i hope you don't take that in an offensive way but YT vid is just a low quality insight

Nope, the YT vid present a clear comparative basis, your sounds stand out like dogs balls as being inadequate, sorry but they just don't fit the rest of the soundscape.

Not being rude but if you have a basic grasp of soundscapes you'll know what I'm talking about.

#32 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:29

Nope, the YT vid present a clear comparative basis, your sounds stand out like dogs balls as being inadequate, sorry but they just don't fit the rest of the soundscape.

Not being rude but if you have a basic grasp of soundscapes you'll know what I'm talking about.

Don't be mad because i point out the fact that you talk out of nothing.

By now i'm pretty sure everyone has understood with your 5 negative posts your unconstructive point of view, about something you didn't even test.

So thank for your usefulness.

PS: in the case you change of mind and decide being constructive, which i doubt, please be sure to test SEVERAL aircraft because they sound not exactly the same even with the same gun. Something you couldn't tell on the limited time YT vid. :o :mrgreen:

#33 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:31

Nope, my points were totally constructive. You're hypersensitive to criticism.

#34 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:38

Nope, my points were totally constructive.

I'll leave that to others appreciation.

In the meantime if you are not willing to test my mod you are as much useful to me as balls on a wooden Indian , x)

#35 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:40

Oh forgod's sake keep it civil, you both.

I'm looking forward to trying the sounds when I get home. At any rate, it's a good idea and a good initiative.

HT: es, the sounds were directly taken from the youtube videos.

#36 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:49

Sorry mate but I'm being civil as I can. I don't think these sounds fit in with the rest of the RoF soundscape. I appreciate the effort because the RoF soundscape lacks resonance but this mod tries to substitute reverb for resonance.

#37 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:57

HT: es, the sounds were directly taken from the youtube videos.

Yes, and as i mentioned, the best quality download you can get from his videos are high quality ROF wise. I'm glad he permitted even to use his work and it's the best we can get unless someone has better recording material and maxim guns. I'm open to any initiative. :S!:

PS: the recording cannot be improve however the modding can. What do you think HQ about the echo in the air for Lewis gun? Is it too much for you?

Edit: not all the sounds are from him, some are ingame original sounds that i modded.

#38 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:04

I think that the basic sounds are quite good. It might be worth running them through a sound editor (like 'Wavepad') and juggling with the reverb.

#39 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:08

I think that the basic sounds are quite good. It might be worth running them through a sound editor (like 'Wavepad') and juggling with the reverb.

Great idea! Please when you do it don't forget to post the FSB for others to test :S!:

#40 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:09

Could you mention the credits of this mod in your original post? It's only fair to the original sources. Also mention it if you used the sounds with their permission (especially from a third party). You can't be too clear or careful about these kind of things. It also helps us see which new sound comes from where and what you did with it (just 'rip' and convert it or edit it as well).

Things that are important for any mod, IMHO. You're the first one to do this, and now that we found out the sounds can be used in mods off mode as well, you certainly won't be the last. Best to set a good example to all those who might follow with sound mods!

thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users