Photo
- - - - -

Jagdgeschwader II Megapack.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 06 October 2011 - 14:09

Hey dudes, this is getting closer to release so I think it's time to start voting on the skins. Additional skins will also be added as I finish them.

56 Skins complete so far. That's the lot!

Here is the download link. Enjoy! It's a biggie 190mb. v3

http://www.mediafire...g1xbbbsxtg9r3sr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mediafire...g1xbbbsxtg9r3sr

Some of these are also D.VII's

I will also include an Albatros/Pfalz pack, rather then including them as separate download they will be in here, hopefully that's acceptable to everyone.

In addition i have updates for 4 previous skins, 3 for Alpha channel errors and 1 for historical inaccuracy. So hopefully these can over-write their previous versions?

Many of these already exist in-game with wild variations in colour tone and with historical inaccuracies, so this pack will correct all of these.

current in-game variations.

Mega kudos and a lot of your praise should go to ImPeRaTor for providing lots of historical details and information, as well as elements from Jasta 13 that he and Vanderstock have worked on. As well as Alexandra and everyone else I stole stuff from. Because of Imperator these should all have the correct Lozenge and tape combinations dependent on manufacturers.

Jasta 12

Fokker DVIIF, Jasta 12, Pilot Unknown, Two Band Marking, September 1918

Fokker DVII, Jasta 12, Ltn d R. Hans Besser, September 1918 (note the unique wheel coverings on this fighter)

Fokker DVII, Jasta 12, Ltn d R. Herbert Bock, August 1918

Fokker DVII, Jasta 12, Ltn. d R. Alfred Greven, Late 1918

Fokker DVII, Jasta 12, Default (Note this will have a closed cowling on the final version)

Fokker DVIIF, Jasta 12, Pilot Unknown, One Band Marking, September 1918

Fokker DVIIF, Jasta 12, Default

Jasta 13

Fokker DVII, Jasta 13, Ltn d R. Paul Wolff, Jasta 13, September 1918

Fokker DVII, Jasta 13, Gefr Arnold Michaelis, Jasta 13, October 1918

Fokker DVII, Jasta 13, Default, Jasta 13, Late 1918

Fokker DVII, Jasta 13, Pilot Unknown, 'Gretel', Late 1918

Updated: This is now the correct early Fokker version flown by Buchnar, note the Cockarde making a bullet hit. It's not certain whether the Werewolf picture is on this aircraft but i have kept it.Fokker DVII, Jasta 13, Ltn. Franz Büchner, October 1918

Fokker DVII, Jasta 13, Ltn Werner Niethammer, Late 1918

Fokker DVII Default, Jasta 13, June 1918 (the Jasta used a plain green nose so initially so that will be the default for the Fokker DVII. The DVIIF will get the green nose with the diagonal white stripe, as that came into effect later.)

Fokker DVII, Jasta 13, Uffz. Johannes Fritzche, June 1918

Albatros D.V, Jasta 13, Ltn. Werner Niethammer

Albatros D.V, Jasta 13, Default 03/1918, Post March 1918

Fokker DVIIF, Jasta 13, Unknown Pilot, Diagonal Stripe

Fokker DVII, Jasta 13, Ltn d R. Grimm (thanks to Imperator this skin and several others has been substantially upgraded since this picture was taken)

Fokker DVII, Jasta 13, Uffz. Heinrich Piel, June 1918 (Note the cockardes marking bullet holes from English fighters)

Fokker DVII, Jasta 13, Pilot Unknown, Star Marking, Mid 1918

Fokker DVII, Jasta 13, Albert Haussmann

Jasta 15

Note, I have fixed all the tail bracings, serial number errors and incorrect louvres in the following pics, but not updated the previews.

Fokker D.VIIF, Jasta 15, Hptm. Rudolf Berthold, July 1918

Fokker D.VIIF, Jasta 15, Ltn Oliver von Beaulieu Marconnay, Jasta 18, August 1918

Fokker D.VIIF, Jasta 15, Ltn Joachim von Ziegesar, August 1918

Fokker D.VIIF, Jasta 15, Gustav Klaudat, August 1918

Fokker D.VIIF, Jasta 15, Georg von Hantlemann, June 1918

Fokker D.VIIF, Jasta 15, Default Skin, Late 1918

Fokker D.VIIF, Jasta 15, Ltn d R. Josef Veltjens, Late 1918

Fokker D.VIIF, Jasta 15, Pilot Unknown, Crest?, Late 1918 (This unknown pilot only appears in one photo of Jasta 15, it is unsure what his crest is, whether it is a Crest a shield with a crown, perfume bottle or grenade? I have tried to recreate it as close as possible from the photo)

Alba/Pfalzes

I have these two photos here showing the entire Jasta lined up and since a lot of the assets and pilots are the same as those of Jasta 18, I wanted to be able to have every one of these pilots in the game. Now with my previous Jasta 18 skinpack you will have a near 100% accurate Jasta 18 with the Iron Cross Blue/Red from August 1917 - March 1918 to the transfer to Jasta 15 in March 1918 and the Balken Cross, then the transition to the Fokker D.VII/D.VIIF in June 1918 till the end of the war.

This will make Jasta 15 the only squadron in-game to be able to represent every single plane in the squadron in-game.

Plane 1: Hptm. Rudolf Berthold

Plane 2: Ltn. Walter Dingel

Plane 3: Unknown Pilot (Interestingly this plane seems to have no personal marking, a real life 'default'

Plane 4: Oblt. Ernst Wilhelm Turck (This plane was originally flown by Harald Auffarth, then Turck)

Plane 5: Ltn. Oliver von Beaulieu-Marconnay

Plane 6: Unknown Pilot, Chevron (This pilot also is known to have flown a Alb D.III (OAW) with the same marking, but his name is unknown)

Plane 7: Ltn. Johannes Klein (Shown here with his later marking of a narrower belly band than previous when he was flying with Jasta 18)

Plane 8: Ltn d R. Josef Veltjens

Plane 9: Ltn Burckhard von Buttlar

Plane 10: Unknown Pilot, Horseshoe (This pilot had served with the squadron in Jasta 18, and a photo exists of his plane at the time crashed, so he must have survived and served with Jasta 15 as well)

Plane 11: Unknown Pilot, Lightning Bolt

Plane 12: Ltn der Reserve Arthur Rahn

Plane 13: Unknown Pilot, Star Marking

Plane A: This is a Halberstadt CL.II, evidently in the squadron colours, so I shall have to skin that when we get our Halb.

Jasta 18:

Fokker DVII + DVIIF, Jasta 18 Default (The original default has several errors matched now to the current Raben skins ingame)

Pfalz DIIIa, Jasta 18 Default (Original default was incorrect, this is simply the Muller skin with a tiny edit to the cockpit stripe so full credit goes to the original skinner for this one)

Jasta 19:

Jasta 19, Fokker D.VIIF, Ltn. d R. Ernst Riedel

Jasta 19, Fokker D.VII, Max Klieforth (this plane was originally thought to be Schafers of Jasta 15 but M. Thiemeyer has proven it to be Kliefforth's)

Jasta 19, Fokker D.VII Default

Jasta 19, Fokker D.VIIf Default

I have pinched some of Panthercules, Alexandra, Imperator as well as some other skinners undoubtedly so hopefully no toes are stepped on. But thank you to those chaps.

#2 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 06 October 2011 - 14:15

Nice work :S!:

#3 rOEN911

rOEN911

Posted 06 October 2011 - 14:32

Thumbs up…

Cant wait to get my computer back so i can make some art-screens using the Jasta19 skins

#4 redcoat22

redcoat22

Posted 06 October 2011 - 16:53

Things are really coming together. Quite exciting

#5 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 06 October 2011 - 17:16

Good show, not much jasta19 in RoF, Zoring did you get the JG-II book!!!
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#6 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 06 October 2011 - 18:38

Thanks chaps, first page now updated with 8 more skins iirc.

I did get that book Dutch2 :) Good read! Jasta 18/15 history is now finished so Viks should have all he needs for them now. Will upload final copy tomorrow.

Can't wait to see any new pics of your roen :) Feel up to recreating the entire lineup of Jasta 15 once we have that Halberstadt CL.II in ROF? That would be epic.

#7 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 06 October 2011 - 19:34

Congratulations! I urge you to lean back now and dwell in a sense of accomplishment!

#8 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 06 October 2011 - 21:10

Nice work! Megapack indeed!

#9 J5_Wolf

J5_Wolf

Posted 06 October 2011 - 21:38

I second what Rumey stated! salute

#10 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 06 October 2011 - 22:20

Wonderful!

Yes, of course.

#11 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 07 October 2011 - 16:16

Thanks chaps :) Bing! Done, 49 skins in this pack just have to go through now and double check a few tiny manufacturer details etc. Then the monstro text file in all the languages ugh! Oh the pain. So download will be slightly delayed while I plow through that, don't want to upload nearly 200 megs twice.

#12 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 07 October 2011 - 17:56

Feel with you about that stupid languages file, I do not need them and this is holding up many skinner I think. Can not wait for the link to test them, if to big split the link into plane type or jasta.

edit: Why not making a poll, F??k that languages files ;)
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#13 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 07 October 2011 - 17:57

I really wish some community members would come forward to help skin makers with those text files, polls etc, making all those skins sure is work enough as it is I think :)

#14 DennydD

DennydD

Posted 07 October 2011 - 18:55

Keep up the good work! Yes!

DennydD out.

#15 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 07 October 2011 - 22:46

A BIG FAT …YEEEHHEEEAAS!
Great compilation

#16 Grizz10

Grizz10

Posted 08 October 2011 - 00:22

Very Nice Work.

#17 elephant

elephant

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:10

Yes from me too…
BTW do you need any of my corrected Alb. D.V Johannisthal, hood layers and alpha?

#18 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:29

I will happily take that template elephant.

#19 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:18

Did you update all the screenshots, some of them still have the wrong tape.

#20 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:45

No all the old screenshots are still the same. Jasta 12 and 19 are correct and a few of the 'early' Jasta 13 are ok.

#21 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:03

Ok, skinpack uploaded and completed. All the albatrosen updated thanks to Elephant's excellent template. Also mega kudos to ImPeRaToR for invaluable historical assistance. Thanks to all the skinners I stole from and Imperator for the fantastic historical info.

Final tally:

57 Skins

Jasta 12: 7
Jasta 13: 15
Jasta 15: 24
Jasta 18: 7 (4 Corrections from my previous pack)
Jasta 19: 4

#22 elephant

elephant

Posted 12 October 2011 - 15:04

Just noticed a little error on the hacked Albatros D.III.
They have their (overpainted) fuselage crosses misplaced in the default OAW position.
The crosses should be shifted to the tail for Johannisthal machines.
(you can use the markings layer from Graf's Johannisthal Mod template)…

#23 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:21

Ah thank you elephant, good eye! this error and a few more technical ones spotted by Imperator are now corrected and updated in this latest version here:

http://www.mediafire...g1xbbbsxtg9r3sr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mediafire...g1xbbbsxtg9r3sr

#24 I/JG53_Witt

I/JG53_Witt

Posted 14 October 2011 - 16:18

Awesome work!!
I have a question: Hantelmann skin is for D.VII or for D.VIIF? Your first topic declare is for D.VIIF, but file is for D.VII…
Thanks!

#25 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 14 October 2011 - 16:24

It's for the D.VII, after a bit of research he was found to be flying one of the very early fokkers when his plane was captured when flown by another pilot, it's unlikely that the engine was upgraded in that particular fighter.

#26 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 14 October 2011 - 16:39

Impressive!

Yes!

#27 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:44

Moved this down here to the main historical poll section because there are several plane types represented in this pack and it doesn't really belong in any one sub-forum.

Please include in your final download .zip file some sort of readme document in which you clearly indicate which of these submissions are intended to replace skins already in the game (and which skin pack the skin being replaced was in), so that I can clearly communicate that to 777 in my submission.

Also, I noted in your current download file that it appears you have tried to cram all of the .txt file info into a single file. You need to have a separate .txt file for each skin, each of which has the correct file name and has only the information appropriate to that skin.

Please post in here or in your first post when you have completed all the work and uploaded your final version with all the requirements met.

Tremendous amount of good work here. Looking forward to seeing it in the game :S!:

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#28 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:21

Hey Panther, I have included multiple info in every txt file for every pack i have done so far without problem? I can change it if I need to just tedious.

The other stuff will be done shortly.

#29 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:31

Hey Panther, I have included multiple info in every txt file for every pack i have done so far without problem? I can change it if I need to just tedious.

The other stuff will be done shortly.

Yes, I know - I have had to fix everyone you have submitted so far. The previous packs were fairly small so it wasn't that big a deal, but I really don't have time to do that for a pack this large, so I'm going to have to ask you to fix it yourself this time.

Sorry, but I'm kinda pushed for time lately, given some things going on IRL at the moment.

Cheers,

Panther

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#30 Zoring

Zoring

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:55

Ok Panther, didn't realise that sorry to have made more work for you! It's all been done now anyhow, but i won't upload the entire pack again, just the txt file. You should have told me off earlier!

I have included a txt file called _REPLACEMENTS_ with all the info, as well as one skin that was mislabeled in the original pack. Hope it all makes sense :)

So ignore the txt file in the original download.

http://www.mediafire...8bz65hbk8w7tigb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mediafire...8bz65hbk8w7tigb

#31 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:27

Very impressive!

#32 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:24

Poll concluded; thread locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users