1.021b - hotfix is ready!

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#121 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:10

Torrent is just for full download. We never said it was for updates. Use Update in game to update.

Jason

#122 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 24 September 2011 - 15:04

Torrent is just for full download. We never said it was for updates. Use Update in game to update.

Jason

For anyone still confused, Jason is speaking about this,

Maybe we should consider a sticky on how to update your ROF? I've seen this question manyyyy times. :geek:

#123 D.Smith

D.Smith

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:30

Well Ive installed the 1.021b patch and ROF has returned to its 1.020 performance with only slight stutter - thank you Jason and the team. :) I am temporarily using a HD6970 with 2GB and there is little to no improvement over my HD5870 so it looks like I will be going back to Nvidia next time.

Cheers

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln (1864)

#124 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 25 September 2011 - 17:52

I would be wary of judging graphic card performance based on the numbering of the models. You should not assume that an HD6970 will perform better than an HD5870. Better is to read up on the two cards to understand how they are different.

Looking at Tom's Hardware Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart you can see that an HD6970 is only a little better than an HD5870 and, therefore, you may not see any improvement in one over the other. Using that chart, he recommends choosing a card only if it is 3 tiers or more higher than your current card. To see a worthwhile jump in performance over an HD5870, you should consider an HD6990 or a GTX 590.

#125 D.Smith

D.Smith

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:37

OK thanks arjisme….still I would have thought that the xtra GB of video memory would have helped with ROF. My video memory usage went from 69% to 35% but little to no difference in the smoothness of the gameplay. It looks to me that video memory is not as important as I thought. :S!:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln (1864)

#126 Frankyboy

Frankyboy

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:24

the game cant run smother than smoth…….

#127 Bue

Bue

Posted 30 September 2011 - 23:37

When i try to download this hotfix from the torrent linked i get nothing. I let it sit for 2 days. Am i doing something wrong here? .. It wont even let me play without the update and i fully purchased it. Also trying to use the updater in game it says "Failed to perform update, see update.log for details"

OK so just answered my own question. If anyone else has this problem just run game as administrator and the updater works fine…

#128 zaratustra

zaratustra

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:04

Hi,

1.021 HD6850 CF stutter @ any gfx settings.
1.021b HD6850 CF NO stutter at all :-)

Thank you for hf.

Best,
Zaratustra

#129 vonWedelHasso

vonWedelHasso

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:59

Downloaded, installed but than messages :can not create HDR depth surface and can not create multisampled offscreen target surface appeared and no changes in the game-what am i doing wrong?

#130 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 02 October 2011 - 13:54

Downloaded, installed but than messages :can not create HDR depth surface and can not create multisampled offscreen target surface appeared and no changes in the game-what am i doing wrong?

No idea mate. Try the recovery option, but beware it takes out all your snap views.

#131 SwordOfGer92

SwordOfGer92

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:37

am i the only one who cant download the demo-version, neither via http nor via torrent?
the torrent just keeps showing "connecting to tracker" and the http stops downloading before the 3.9gb are full. Can anyone tell me what i can do now?

#132 Flakbird_1

Flakbird_1

Posted 04 October 2011 - 23:02

am i the only one who cant download the demo-version, neither via http nor via torrent?
the torrent just keeps showing "connecting to tracker" and the http stops downloading before the 3.9gb are full. Can anyone tell me what i can do now?

When I downloaded it, it was 3.7 Gb…

#133 SwordOfGer92

SwordOfGer92

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:59

1.021b is 3.9gb.
And it doesnt work. Either it stops in the middle of the download or the download speed is at 10-20kb/s

#134 Flakbird_1

Flakbird_1

Posted 05 October 2011 - 13:19

1.021b is 3.9gb.
And it doesnt work. Either it stops in the middle of the download or the download speed is at 10-20kb/s

Is your hard disk full? That would be your "C" drive.

#135 SwordOfGer92

SwordOfGer92

Posted 05 October 2011 - 13:36

no, i have still 1.3TB free ;) and with the http it was the same problem on my old computer, but there the torrent worked. I would copy the program from the old computer but i dont have any external drive that is big enough

#136 Flakbird_1

Flakbird_1

Posted 05 October 2011 - 18:20

Hmm… I'm sorry, I can't help you. :(

#137 gendos

gendos

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:59

Thanks for this link! I shure that i can use it for play=)

#138 freemann

freemann

Posted 16 November 2011 - 15:56

Is this how I get the gamme to launch
currently after purchasingICE version.. getting error 10005 update youurgame????
please help

#139 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 16 November 2011 - 16:10

Is this how I get the gamme to launch
currently after purchasingICE version.. getting error 10005 update youurgame????
please help

Hi freemann,

You'll have more chance of official response if you make a new topic in the technical support board:

riseofflight.com/Forum/viewforum.php?f=353

Also, you can email rof@777studios.net to get help with your question.

Someone else had the same problem yesterday but that got fixed by itself, does the problem still persist for you or does it work if you try now?

#140 varan74

varan74

Posted 16 November 2011 - 16:25

It's a pleasure to see how reactive you are..

Thank you very much

#141 flapping-brown

flapping-brown

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:43

[b hello guys long time since i was on here.
this will be in the wrong place i guess but struggling find my way on forum now.
since rof was born , yes i was in at the start , i have had terrible problems with the pilot views both head and camera and found far too complex to understand at 75.
track ir i have working still i think but the new setup has left me in a deeper hole regarding the views and stick config.
i use xp52pro here as always .there are wheels and sliders which i shud be able to assign to say mixture ail/rud trim and radiator setting but yet again i find they are hard if impossible to assign.
i never have had problems when devs do updates no stutter or graphic stuff as many have so dunno why i cant get the set up right ever….ok im a bit slow on this stuff.
the old system for say pitch trim i eventually got working but didnt really understand it fully……oh why is all this views/ control stuff soooo complex ….in il2 its so easy and wish was same here……it has limited the time i have spent on rof and feel must be many who play little after installing it due to this reason?
perhaps more can be done to simplify it rather than worrying about if the neiuport is too good at altitude for example most wont fuss if it is. its pandering to the fanatics about perfection/historical correctness that will make the game less attractive to the masses who want to fly fight and enjoy.
its great and always has been graphically excellent, please someone post or email me a full setting up of the head/control panels that works for them …xp52pro appreciated if you use one…….]777 devs i really think its this complicated control system thats putting many off the game ….just my view but perhaps yet another revamp will either make or break it for further cornering the flight sim market.
best wishes geoff weale …flapping brown et al.geoff@3lew.freeserve.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users