140 replies to this topic

#41 Capn_Binky

Capn_Binky

Posted 20 September 2011 - 18:09

Awesome!

#42 Elem_Klimov

Elem_Klimov

Posted 20 September 2011 - 18:13

So many thanks 777. The patch does what it says on the can! At last I have RoF back and flying like it should. The SE5a is superb now and I've ordered the RE8. This truely is the flight sim to beat all others and all due to the team behind it. :S!:

#43 HARRYq

HARRYq

Posted 20 September 2011 - 18:41

Ah…pre-ordered the new bird.

Merci bon 777 for a new twoseater and the blood, sweat and thears ya have lost at work.

Stay on road to victory. Skoll ! :D

Thx a lot. :S!:

#44 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 20 September 2011 - 18:47

Not finally, trimmers will come later.

I love you! Thank you for improving the S.E.5a.

Wow, that's like landing and asking for directions! Awesome idea! What an immersive new feature!

Hmm. And who exactly would one ask when one lands in the middle of nowhere? It'd be fine if it only occurred at airfields and towns, but I can't say I approve of being forced to use this feature. I love figuring out for myself where I am, as in reality, and I can't do that if I'm told where I am.

So is the "kicking due to field mods issue" what causes people to just randomly drop out of servers?

It often kicked people when they spawned an airplane for which you didn't own the field mods. So there should be a lot fewer disconnections now from those who don't own field mods. It only occurred upon spawning, so if you've never had a problem with being kicked the moment you spawned, you probably won't notice a huge change. But if you did have that problem, then you should not have it anymore (unless it was coincidence for you).

#45 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 20 September 2011 - 19:00

I think the kicking out was happening a lot, and mostly it was because of the field mods bug.

Of course, it's disgraceful to kick players for not buying everything you offer, but it was a bug and luckily they tended to it quickly :).

As for the icon on the ground feature: you'll never figure out where you are by landing, since that does not give you any view over the landscape or any waypoints. You will always try to do that from the air, without this feature.

This feature just gives you an extra option, that does not interfere with normal navigation.

That's how I see it, anyway.

#46 TomBass

TomBass

Posted 20 September 2011 - 19:16

Thx for this wonderful sim and your fantastic work. Rise of flight really changed my direction in airplane and flying history. Lookin forward for things to come in future- salute and cheers to the rise of flight team and all who are involved in this fantastic project. Thank you.

#47 McMatt

McMatt

Posted 20 September 2011 - 19:20

Tnx. Great job. Now I can put setting even higher than before.
MSI Z87-G43 | i5 4670K@3.4 (4.0) | Corsair Vengeance 16 Gb DDR3 PC3-1500 @ 1866Mhz |
 Gigabyte GTX760 WindForce 3X OC Rev. 2.0 2GB GDDR5 | SAMSUNG SyncMaster 2433BW 24" @ 1920 x 1200 | 
Windows 10 64 bit Pro | Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5

#48 J5_Wolf

J5_Wolf

Posted 20 September 2011 - 19:20

Thanks Guys!

#49 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 20 September 2011 - 20:15

Wow, that's like landing and asking for directions! Awesome idea! What an immersive new feature!

Hmm. And who exactly would one ask when one lands in the middle of nowhere? It'd be fine if it only occurred at airfields and towns, but I can't say I approve of being forced to use this feature. I love figuring out for myself where I am, as in reality, and I can't do that if I'm told where I am.
Does the icon disappear when you take off again? I assume it does. Given that, I see little downside to it as I see no reason to land unless you are ending your flight or "asking directions." Any other reason to land in the middle of a mission?

Also, I assume even if you land in the middle of nowhere, you have to assume someone is there on the ground who could tell you where you are in France. I would guess you would show them your map and they would point to (roughly) where you are. Not sure about landing in enemy territory or NML to do this though…

It's an interesting and unexpected new feature. I can see it potentially being useful if you get dragged way off course chasing or fighting an enemy when flying in low, rainy weather and are having a tough time finding the way home.

#50 J300_Paulus

J300_Paulus

Posted 20 September 2011 - 20:21

Could you explain what happens with performance? Now I have 30 fps on the ground. Yesterday I had 45. In my opinion this patch is not a great job.

#51 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 20 September 2011 - 20:27

It's an interesting and unexpected new feature. I can see it potentially being useful if you get dragged way off course chasing or fighting an enemy when flying in low, rainy weather and are having a tough time finding the way home.

Absolutely! Great find 777! :D

#52 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 20 September 2011 - 20:59

Could you explain what happens with performance? Now I have 30 fps on the ground. Yesterday I had 45. In my opinion this patch is not a great job.

You need to read our News posting again. We explained it all. It was the extra boost in frames we buitl for 1.021 that caused all the problems. Sorry, but to eliminate stutters we had to even out FPS for all.

Jason

#53 Josh_Echo

Josh_Echo

Posted 20 September 2011 - 21:11

Not sure about landing in enemy territory or NML to do this though…

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about.

Yep, but I dislike having no option to disable it.

#54 J300_Paulus

J300_Paulus

Posted 20 September 2011 - 21:12

I don`t need an extra boost. I want 1.019/1.020 performane! Nothing more.

#55 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 20 September 2011 - 21:26

#56 Zent

Zent

Posted 20 September 2011 - 21:42

Hmmm…. i have mixed feelings about this hotfix patch…

on the good side: SE5 fix of course !!!

and single GPU ATI stutter fix !!

and rather good single GPU Ati performance… at least its good on my card… (5970, cat 11.8))…mostly fps in the range between 40 and 60 (quick mission, rainy, overcast,all land objects on, 6 planes take off), in air mostly 60 (using v-sync, windowed mode and thus automatically single GPU operation, but Multi GPU in ROF checked) at 1920x1200 res and 4x aa, 8 AF and most options to max… (except lights and forest)… this is really nice performance and absolutely good to play.

BUT on the negative side: Crossfire is still NOT working correctly. At least on my dual GPU it is actually working (both GPUs on their proper speed, sharing the load) but the effect to fps is NEGATIVE… with other words i have fps between 30 and 45 with crossfire…also the MultiGpu switch in ROF settings doesnt work properly, independent of its setting Crossfire is automatically activated in fullscreen mode.

I really dont want to complain, just mention this. I understand that AMD is not cooperative at all and i am really sad about this, but i still wonder why CF worked so properly then in 1019 and 1020 and why we cant simply go back to this state with the games graphics engine and just keep the other new features.
I helped a tiny little bit with this patch by testing some new dlls etc. for the ROF team and i kept pointing out over and over that this issue wasnt resolved. So the official patch is out now and its still unresolved…i would like to hear a word whether the team is aware of this and still hopes to fix this in the future or whether the issue is abandoned now…

I wonder what results do people with normal Crossfire (normal= two cards instead of two GPUs on a single card as in 5970 / 6990 ) have…?
Is crossfire negative scaling issue only on my system or can others report that too ?

But anyway, the game is nicely playable, so what do i care… and i am gratefull for the ongoing development and refinement… just bought the RE8 although i really dont care about the plane, just because i will buy all the 777 Rof stuff by principle, in order to help them to keep up the good work !

#57 GAJIT

GAJIT

Posted 20 September 2011 - 23:00

The hotfix has really done wonders for my FPS - well done.

I have ordered the RE8 - looking forward to it!

#58 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 20 September 2011 - 23:04

No stutters here and fps is somewhat better too. Great job 777

#59 tempered

tempered

Posted 20 September 2011 - 23:29

We need a "gift the dev team a bottle of vodka" option in the store :)

#60 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:22

TO ANY ATI USER STILL EXPERIENCING STUTTERS:

I suggest downloading Gamer Booster 3 as a way to mitigate all stutters in ROF. I downloaded it today (as was recommended by REDVO) and all my stutters (which had not ceased after the 1.021b patch) are all gone.

However, it is an .exe. I understand many people have a problem with downloading .exe's from the internet. I'm just warning you now that it is an .exe. ;)

My Kaspersky internet security found no issues with the download and it appears to be legitimate.

#61 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:55

A great team and great leadership from Jason. Hats off to you guys for all that work.

RE8 bought, SE5 career under way … the best sim just got betterer.

#62 USAMP

USAMP
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:46

With new patch, I sometimes have the game freeze for a split second, aiming aids will not stay on (have to activate for each flight by right clicking), and direction indicators of enemy and frendily planes direction no longer show. Worked fine before hotfix. My PC stats:

Intel core I7 Processor, 3.20Ghz
12 GB DDR3 1600 memory
AMD 6970 2GB single card

#63 lepoormerit

lepoormerit

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:00

Great news! I look forward to updating my game as soon as possible.

#64 paco7425

paco7425

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:15

Fantastic job…stutter desappeared at all…congratulations to the programmer team and thank you guys.

saludos

#65 catchov

catchov

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:48

I have to say 777 you are outstanding. :S!: I'd be happy to have you blokes around for a barbie at my place anytime. :D We could discuss FM's and stuff and talk about the old kites and heroic airmen over a few cold beers. Might get some sheilas in too. :P It may be a bit cramped if you want to stay overnight but it's shaping up to being a really warm, sunny Spring down here in Oz so who cares :)

Well done you crazy chaps. :S!: You've done it again. Is there no limit to your talents ? I think not. It's just gets better. :)

#66 Finkeren

Finkeren

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:02

Great work 777! In one split second I've gone from hating the S.E.5a's guts to thinking it's the best energy fighter in the sim! I really like the tweaks to the FM, it actually feels a bit more like flying the Brisfit now, which is what I'd expect it to.

Never had too many troubles with stutters on my new rig, so can't really comment on that, but it's great that you're making RoF as accessible as possible.

Preordered the Harry Tate. Not that I expect to fly it that much except for the (masochistic) LOLs, but I guess it's my way of paying for all the other great work you've done. And also my collection just wouldn't be complete without it. RoF = Pokemon.

#67 Baal2

Baal2

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:18

Good update, but the fps increase from 1.021 has disappeared :(

#68 anfield_ace

anfield_ace

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:23

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how to show FPS's when flying in the sim?

Thanks for that!

anfield ace…

#69 anfield_ace

anfield_ace

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:45

Hi Guys,

Further to my previous, since update 1.021, my system occasionally shuts down completely when flying, as if the power has been switched off! never happended prior to update! anyone else with this problem?

Sys:- I5, win 7, 4gig ram, ati amd 6950!

anfield ace…

#70 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:50

Are you overclocking?

#71 anfield_ace

anfield_ace

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:52

Hi, Yes,

Both cpu and video card have been overclocked when purchased I believe!

#72 89

Posted 21 September 2011 - 13:55

You need to read our News posting again. We explained it all. It was the extra boost in frames we buitl for 1.021 that caused all the problems. Sorry, but to eliminate stutters we had to even out FPS for all.

Jason

That is an unfortunate decision for us less than top of the line Nvidia users. I can also report a drop in performance of approximately 30-20% with new patch compared to 1.021 patch. Thats HUGE!

So HUGE thanks to An.Petrovich for his fantastic job on SE5a :S!: , but HUGE "boooo!" to your graphics programmers that decided to peg down Nvidia performance to ATI's. :(

#73 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 21 September 2011 - 14:38

It's hardly the programmers fault if ATI refuses to cooperate with 777 Studios or even give feedback how to solve the stutter issues. Contact with nividia allowed them to much improve performance, these opimisations however were not compatible with ATI. If those chaps at ATI got off their asses we would all benefit from this boost…

I think this was my last ATI I bought tbh.

#74 Greywing2

Greywing2

Posted 21 September 2011 - 14:41

well If that helps our buddies with ATI cards Im all for it…

#75 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 21 September 2011 - 14:47

It's hardly the programmers fault if ATI refuses to cooperate with 777 Studios or even give feedback how to solve the stutter issues. Contact with nividia allowed them to much improve performance, these opimisations however were not compatible with ATI. If those chaps at ATI got off their asses we would all benefit from this boost…

I think this was my last ATI I bought tbh.

ATI didn't change anything.

It was 777 that made the changes.

I don't see how you can blame the card manufacturer.

And it's AMD now (they bought ATI quite while ago). Try to keep up :mrgreen:

Glad it's been fixed, though.

#76 89

Posted 21 September 2011 - 15:11

Glad it's been fixed, though.

Not for Nvidia users like J300_Paulus and myself it hasn't.

#77 Flakbird_1

Flakbird_1

Posted 21 September 2011 - 15:39

Thank you so much for all your hard work, especially the Harry Tate. Can't wait to fly it! :S!:

#78 nort72

nort72

Posted 21 September 2011 - 15:58

Русскоязычной темы подобной не нашёл, пишу здесь. После обновления фризы пропали, но в карьере появились вылеты, картинка замерает как скриншот звук при этом идёт, потом вылет и окошко с надписью ошибка програмы rof.exe
возможно это не связано с обновлением но раньше ничего подобного не было. Больше пяти минут не получается находится в карьере.

#79 bluesdragon

bluesdragon

Posted 21 September 2011 - 17:02

Thanks for the fix guys. I am stutter free again!

#80 I./JG53_Adi

I./JG53_Adi

Posted 21 September 2011 - 17:08

S! & very thx 777 Sir's…

maybe is possible in the future to have more german text in carrer mode also ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users