#81 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 09 October 2011 - 22:41

Heres a good idea, make targets float at 3000m, then its a win win for all! :D

Just a joke guys! ;)

#82 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 10 October 2011 - 00:49

You still haven't shown evidence of how fuses were set. I know in your other thread you are trying to get that figured out. But, looks like the early news is that bombs were often dropped from 100 feet.

That not true if you read it right the Germans had some of them armed at 656' feet. The only one that said 100' hasn't shown were they got it. So we can't go by that yet either.

#83 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:08

You ignored some postings by Tom Cundell then – three quotes of dropping bombs low. As Jorri said, the jury's still out on this.

#84 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:30

You ignored some postings by Tom Cundell then – three quotes of dropping bombs low. As Jorri said, the jury's still out on this.

I read them, I show were I found my resources he hasn't. :S!:

#85 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:53

All of them are taken from my upcoming Paper on Sopwith Camels as ground attack, The Arthur Gould Lee ones are from Low Parachute and the Stock one is from an IWM held diary archive so unlike your internet based sources I can't link to them I'm afraid.

You can read the full referenced work when it's published. :S!:

By the way copying citations from wikipedia is not giving sources - if you find it on the internet you should link by hyper-link to where you found it, not where the author says he found it.

Since the internet is your only source for things it's usually very easy to find your sources - google the quote. But it would be nice if you gave us the link to save us the hassle rather than pretending you got it from a book.

#86 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 10 October 2011 - 14:25

All of them are taken from my upcoming Paper on Sopwith Camels as ground attack, The Arthur Gould Lee ones are from Low Parachute and the Stock one is from an IWM held diary archive so unlike your internet based sources I can't link to them I'm afraid.

You can read the full referenced work when it's published. :S!:

By the way copying citations from wikipedia is not giving sources - if you find it on the internet you should link by hyper-link to where you found it, not where the author says he found it.

Since the internet is your only source for things it's usually very easy to find your sources - google the quote. But it would be nice if you gave us the link to save us the hassle rather than pretending you got it from a book.

Actually TC I have about 1,600 books to my collections. I will start scanning where I find the information. Will you?

#87 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 10 October 2011 - 14:54

You could start with using verbs :)

#88 242Sqn_Wolf

242Sqn_Wolf

Posted 10 October 2011 - 15:03

You could start with using verbs :)

Why when pictures are so much more effective.Attached File  228868_155237054556078_153889274690856_304379_74488_n.jpg   16.45KB   87 downloads

#89 iowa-1966

iowa-1966

Posted 10 October 2011 - 17:07

S!
My ' upcoming paper'? what big brains you have- thats a serious load. In any of these conflicts the OOD was to ' destroy all targets of oportunity. Bomb low and high, the object is not to give any of you a " pleasurable experience' it is to destroy you. Pilots would drop the kitchen sink overboard if it would land on your head in the trenches. Nutup, and thanks for flying with us today!

Sean McDermott

#90 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 10 October 2011 - 17:15

Knickers, I don't see how your comments are relevant to what is being discussed here. And, you should probably get to know some of the folks that have been around here a while.

#91 Tom-Cundall

Tom-Cundall

Posted 10 October 2011 - 17:50

I wouldn't worry about it Arjisme - Knickers doesn't like me since he admitted to supporting the IRA and I pointed out what a massive twat that made him. (I'm not sure where you are from but if you're unsure about the scum that makes him it's equivalent in offensiveness to saying you gave money to Al Qaeda)

I don't lose sleep over what bottom feeders like him and Wolf think of me. Everyone knows their opinions and comments are worthless and they hate that fact and rebel against everyone whenever they can. Seriously desperate for any legitimacy at all.

#92 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 10 October 2011 - 18:56

Ah, I remember a thread like that. I didn't realize the connection.

#93 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:09

Somewhat on topic: In "The struggle for the Air" by Charles C. Turner (Link: http://www.archive.o...einair19100turn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.archive.o...einair19100turn), the author talks about quite a few low-level bombing raids undertaken by the allied nations, even by HP's. If you read chapter 13 - "Bombing the Germans", he mentions quite a few cases of planes bombing targets from a few hundred feet. Having said that, this book does seem to be quite propagandist, so I am not sure how reliable it is. Still interesting though..

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#94 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:24

Thanks, Flashy! Will have a look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users