- - - - -

Captured Albatros in French service

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Harlej

Harlej

Posted 06 September 2011 - 14:35

Hi :S!:

That's my first RoF skin. It's not historical but in my opinion higly probably. I found photos only of captured D.II I meant to do plane overpainted by mechanics in field workshop.

Download

Maybe you'll like it :)

#2 hq_Overmax

hq_Overmax

Posted 06 September 2011 - 14:55

Ah this captured plane skins have been discussed a lot here. Your excused since it's your first skin. ;)

A no from me though. I hope to never see such a skin flying, nor is there an appropriate mission for it.

#3 SYN_Flashman

SYN_Flashman

Posted 06 September 2011 - 15:01

Captured planes don't get used online (in other words you can ONLY select german planes on the german side) so what happens is someone flying for the germans in an Alb would use your skin. Confusion then reigns as who attacks who? In short, they are generally unwelcome.

Might I suggest if you are going to make a captured skin that you at least make a historical one and show the evidence for it from books etc. There are some around.

On a technical point, you need to be very careful with whites and the alpha layer. Your skin glows far too much! I have had this trouble myself and had a whole pack of skins rejected for this reason.

Anyhoo, keep skinning its fun!

#4 MattM

MattM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 15:07

I usually don't vote no on fictional skins. I voted no in this case though. Afaik, the MP missions which have a D.Va for the Entente side are pretty rare and it's also impossible to use it in the career mode.

So its use is highly limited and people are more likely to "abuse" it than to use it the way it should be used. Say a fictional mission, featuring a few D.Va, probably in a mix with SPAD VIIs, on a patrol. But that's possible in mods-on mode and loading single missions doesn't even take that long afaik.

I think you did a good job on that skin, but i'm voting against releasing it in the next fictional skinpack.

#5 44_Ziuk

44_Ziuk

Posted 06 September 2011 - 15:19

In my opinion this is a good fictional skin. In rof is too many monotonous skins…

#6 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 06 September 2011 - 15:20

Voted no. This will only get abused and exploited in multiplayer. It is not a historical skill so that is no excuse either.

If you want to use it, use it in mods-on mode.

#7 44_Ziuk

44_Ziuk

Posted 06 September 2011 - 15:28

Nice hq Lobbying….

How many servers with players are on mods-on mode?

It is not a historical skill so that is no excuse either.
What???

#8 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 06 September 2011 - 15:34

Nice hq Lobbying….

How many servers with players are on mods-on mode?

It is not a historical skill so that is no excuse either.
What???

Very few, and exactly for this reason (as well as long loading times of course).

And the poll system is here for a reason. Just because our squadmembers share an opinion, doesn't mean our votes count higher than yours..

It's a well-made skin, though. I'd love to see more work from you, Harlej. Just don't agree with this concept.

#9 MattM

MattM

Posted 06 September 2011 - 15:50

Nice hq Lobbying….
I was still typing my post while nobody posted yet. Didn't feel like deleting it, just because another hq member posted before me. :shock:

And no, it has nothing to do with hq lobbying. I mean, i could vote anonymously next time, if that would make you feel better.

#10 Harlej

Harlej

Posted 06 September 2011 - 16:38

Thx guys for your opinions and votes.

Maybe it isn't typical skin but i'm not sure it's completly useless. Evean online that is issue of map and briefing. I don't thinka that people could try to use it in bad way. We allready have few skins of captured planes in official packs. In fight first you recognise silhouette, you don't wait with gunning to see nation marks. Allso we have already hundreds personal skins for each pilot and for each aircraft. They could be useful but not more than for only one player.

Anyway, keep waiting for more from me :S!:

#11 VoX

VoX

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:23

It does sadden me to vote no to such a nice looking skin but I feel that it would get abused in multiplayer, the fact remains that there are some people out there that would use it to gain the advantage, the 1 second recognition of Central could mean the difference between being shot down and doing the shooting down.

Would love to see a camel in those colours though.

#12 elephant

elephant

Posted 22 September 2011 - 14:02

If wou want a historical captured by the French D.V, here is one…

Attached File  AlbatrosD.Va.D.5695~17 captured by the French, note the skull and cross bones.jpg   200.72KB   144 downloads

Attached File  Untitled-1.jpg   292.97KB   144 downloads

:S!:

#13 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:16

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users