=CAM=Voss

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:29

Thx for reply!!

Regards!!

Voss

#82 rolltide

rolltide

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:11

Fifi, Great stuff. Your settings and a little tweaking made improvement in my viewing pleasure.

I think its time you got a medal!

Salute! Roll Tide!

#83 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 31 October 2012 - 19:12

Thanks Fifi. I applied your settings and it improves the visuals with still good and solid FPS.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#84 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 31 October 2012 - 20:27

Real important I think, that people do the experimental job and publish there adjustments after positive results.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#85 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 31 October 2012 - 21:17

Glad it works for you, and i could help somewhere :D

In fact, my settings don't aim for full or max FPS, but rather aim for the "thin red line" to get max eye candy with enough good FPS for most situations…if you see what i mean.

I don't even run FRAPS to get numbers, my eyes tell me if it is smooth enough playable or not :)

#86 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:04

Fifi, I use practically the same settings as you (except for a couple of optimization settings) and have the pretty much the same image quality you've shown in your screenshots, which I'm very happy with. The only thing that would make me happier right now with regards to image quality would be a bigger monitor. :mrgreen:

#87 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:07

Yes, but bigger monitor means higher resolution…to keep a nice clean/neat image without big pixels, and this has a perf cost…unfortunately!
I'm actually really on the edge with my 27" 2560X1440, in regard of my CPU/GPU combination.
But still really pleased like that :)

#88 Mormac

Mormac

Posted 25 November 2012 - 21:38

Thanks for the settings,they work great

#89 thx1138

thx1138

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:13

Hi FiFi

Thanx for sharing. WoW using your settings gives me a much more beautiful world than before and still have fast framerates. (got to install fraps still) I can't believe how beautiful it looks, and I already thought it looked good.

THANKS !

I'm running a Asus G 74SX laptop, i7 2670QM, 12 gig ram, GTX 560M 3 gig GDDR 5. Win 7 HP 64 bit

Hi,

Wanted to share my latest best settings, after hours of testing on my system (I5 2.66 GHz, GTX 580, Win7 64, 6Go RAM).

I used FRAPS to check the FPS each time, but it seems the FRAPS numbers doesn't appears when taking screen shots :?.

I'm running 280.26 Nvidia drivers too, without any CTDs so far.

I didn't expect some results, using only inspector Antialiasing instead of ROF one…
It seems i've get always jagging lines on plane whatever Nvidia inspector AA settings!
Most of all, inspector AA seems only to affect the plane in hangar, but not in game!
(in hangar, the plane turning have usually very bad jagging lines, like if there is no AA at all, even with ROF AA set to 8)
So, or i get nice AA in hangar, or i get nice AA ingame, but never in both!…(anyway i prefer ingame!)
To get completely rid of jagging lines (mainly on plane), only ROF AA set 8 works very good.

Before the test, i was running game like Jason said: ROF supersampling on, ROF AA X2 (or X4) and AF to bilinear with no settings in inspector. Pretty good quality, but around 30 FPS average and 70% memory used…
After the test, with the settings above, i get awesome quality, 40 FPS average and 64% memory used!

On pict above, i get full 40 FPS even with forest (they are really FPS eater) even turning around my plane. When zooming on plane i loose only 2 FPS.
Inside cockpit is 5 FPS more.
No shimmer, nice wires, but still few blinking trees…and hangar sides (flying high).
Most of all, my plane edge lines are absolutely jagging lines cleaned…full zoom or not, inside cockpit or not (it was not the case even with highest AA inspector settings :? )

On pict above, no waving ground at all, even with 280.26 drivers. But i had to set X4 spares grid supersampling in inspector to not have it.
I get 25 FPS average when on ground like that. Anyway, the more we close the ground, the more FPS we loose. Flying low on ground, i get 30-35 FPS which is good enough to me.

I'm very happy with those settings, and hope it could help some same system users :S!:

#90 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:50

Cool Mormac and thx1138!

Though, i have to bring up to date my latest settings for best FPS/eye candy.
I have new I7 875K @ 2.93 Ghz since last settings above, and still my Zotac 580 1.5 Gb and Win7 64 with 16 Gb RAM.
I have also new Samsung monitor 27" running 2560X1440 with very good colors (don't need to tune the ROF saturation file in data/startup) and "magic bright" factory equiped…for incredible image depth (but it doesn't show on screen shots, unfortunately).

Attached File  RoF settings.jpg   128.5KB   564 downloads
Attached File  Rof sound.jpg   73.26KB   564 downloads
Attached File  Nvidia inspector.jpg   166.25KB   564 downloads

+ for awesome enhancement, without FPS impact, the SweetFX of Jason that i have tuned for my rig:
Attached File  SweetFX_settings_Fifi.zip   2.97KB   93 downloads

Honestly, ROF never has been so beautiful (even in hangar window because of SweetFX)
Keep in mind this SweetFX stuff seems to render different on some monitors settings…

As said in Jason thread about SweetFX, i'm running it via JSGME very easily as for any mod.

#91 Eckhart

Eckhart

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:54

I noticed that Fifi has triple buffering turned on:

For those who use TrackIR: DON'T TURN ON TRIPLE BUFFERING

forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=51462#Post51462

By the way. the new TrackIR software is out: 5.2
It works great and is much smoother.

So don't forget to get rid of triple buffering if you use TRACKIR

#92 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:48

Hm…never noticed any issue with triple buffering on…
Gonna check again.

#93 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:20

New version 5.2 screwed up all my curves :evil:
Impossible to get them back correctly…crap.
Can't set up dead point as precisely as previous version.
Back to old version.

As for triple buffering, Eckhart may be right. Little smoother without.

#94 thx1138

thx1138

Posted 26 November 2012 - 15:58

Ok, here are two screen shots using FiFi's settings

#95 thx1138

thx1138

Posted 26 November 2012 - 16:10

And a screen shot before using Fifi's settings. (lower alt tho…) The reduced gamma correction in FiFi's settings made the landscape look much more realistic. Also increased forest grass/landscape detail all combine to make a really smooth looking ROF world. The landscape is too bright (over saturated ?) in this pic, making it not look as good as the new settings

#96 thx1138

thx1138

Posted 26 November 2012 - 16:19

And thanks for the heads up on the new Track Ir software, works fine here.

#97 Eckhart

Eckhart

Posted 26 November 2012 - 16:25

New version 5.2 screwed up all my curves :evil:
Impossible to get them back correctly…crap.
Can't set up dead point as precisely as previous version.
Back to old version.

As for triple buffering, Eckhart may be right. Little smoother without.

Hope you kept a backup copy of your TIR profiles.
I have no problem with the new version which works just fine (had it overwriting the old version so it is still in the x86 folder). If you want to avoid any problem you have to uninstall the old version first and then install the new one (keep your profiles as a backup)
Don't forget to give it admin rights to get it to work properly.

#98 PilsnerPilot

PilsnerPilot
  • LocationPilsen, Czech Republic

Posted 26 November 2012 - 16:30

Hi Fifi. :S!:
I used your settings and the result is very nice. Even seems to me that the game runs smoother than before.
I have AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win 7 64 bit, GTX 560Ti with driver 295.73 and I am satisfied. I have 50-60 FPS. Only close to the ground at around 30 FPS. Thanks for sharing settings.

#99 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 26 November 2012 - 20:09

Hope you kept a backup copy of your TIR profiles.

Yes, fortunately!
Still don't know why all was messed up…
Anyway, i uninstalled the new 5.2 and downloaded again old one, and everything is back again :D

Ok, here are two screen shots using FiFi's settings

Have you noticed how wood parts and metal parts are nicely enhanced?
And visi is so neat now.

Thanks for sharing settings.

You're welcome :S!:

#100 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 26 November 2012 - 21:07

Thanks Fifi for your setup. Worked like a charm here.
Also, I was lucky and didn't have problems with TIR 5.2. Liking it very much, in fact.

#101 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:58

I think I saw it somewhere, now can't remember where…
but I'll try here.
So, I read that you gain some performance by turning off
AA & AT in RoF settings and instead turning them ON - in
nVidia control panel. Nice trick, I'll try it. Last night, when
I do that - no matter which options I choose in nVidia CP,
game react only on those frome the game itself. It's not
the first time for me to play with nVi_CP but didn't try it
for RoF cuz I was thinking - that it's better to leave it on
the game to handle.
And yes… of course - I make sure that "override any
application settings" is used. I'm running out of ideas
here…. anyone ? :?

#102 thx1138

thx1138

Posted 29 November 2012 - 15:08

Thanks for poasting. I've just always let the game decide. Here are my settings with a GTX 560M 3 gig DDR5 video card in my laptop. Game runs smooth as silk in single player and online MP.

I changed nothing in the nvidia CP all the settings are what it chose once I pointed it to the game.

And here is what it looks like on Flying Circus yesterday.

#103 der_zahn

der_zahn

Posted 29 November 2012 - 15:28

Over riding the RoF AA and AF settings and using the Nvidia Control Panel AA and AF only work with RoF post effects off. Try turning the AF setting to Bilinear and AA to no using the game launcher and setting it to whatever you want to try in NVCP.

The game runs a lot smoother for me with Nvidia CP controlling the AA/AF… your mileage may vary.

#104 tvrtko

tvrtko

Posted 30 November 2012 - 15:18

Over riding the RoF AA and AF settings and using the Nvidia Control Panel AA and AF only work with RoF post effects off. Try turning the AF setting to Bilinear and AA to no using the game launcher and setting it to whatever you want to try in NVCP.

The game runs a lot smoother for me with Nvidia CP controlling the AA/AF… your mileage may vary.
Thanks for answer.
Ok…. I'll test it with "post process"
OFF but I'm afraid my sweetFX will
stop to work then. :? And I doubt
I can live without it now…
I think I tested it and it wont work
with "post process" OFF. Oh hell…. :x

#105 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:00

Thanks, =Fifi=, these settings look great on my system. :S!:

With some of the noobs just joining, I thought it would be good to bump this post to the top.

Also, just wondering if you've tweaked your SweetFX settings since you last posted them, as I've been far too lazy to experiment for myself … :mrgreen:

#106 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 25 December 2012 - 00:15

No, no others changes…

#107 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 21 May 2013 - 18:46

Well, here is mine, used togheter Fifi's nVidia setup. Basically, I used a more "agressive" contrast curve, bringing visual more like "real life" to me.

Attached File  SweetFX_ROF_settings.zip   829bytes   45 downloads

#108 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:09

Ohoh!…glad ROF forum kept my old thread with all my settings!
It's going to be easier to run it back! :lol: :S!:

#109 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 03 September 2013 - 19:12

Welcome back after the underwater aventure of SH
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#110 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 03 September 2013 - 20:51

Welcome back after the underwater aventure of SH

Thanks Dutch :S!:

#111 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 03 September 2013 - 21:03

It made me think: do the settings affect the server’s playability or it does not matter? In other words, high settings require a server and a computer with good transfer rates? My actual video card is on the average side of things (HD 6870), so it might not be a problem for me, but if in the future I consider an upgrade should I throw server bottlenecking into the mix? I rarely play offline.
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#112 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 03 September 2013 - 21:44

Hi Seawolf,
I believe so. High settings can affect server playability, of what i recall. But i didn't play online since very long…
(BTW, SeaWolf is a nickname for submarine simulation!…)

#113 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 03 September 2013 - 22:15

Hi Seawolf,
I believe so. High settings can affect server playability, of what i recall. But i didn't play online since very long…
(BTW, SeaWolf is a nickname for submarine simulation!…)

Ha! Maybe I should join the RNAS! One of my favorite Revell models to build were submarines ans warships :D I would go nuts about them.

Yes, I thought so about the servers. But does anybody know in which extent? I am considering to make a VGA upgrade at the end of the year, maybe in 2014, but I don't want it to be an overkill for servers. The thing is, the GTX 770 replaced the GTX 670, then it makes little sense to get a GTX 670. Perhaps a GTX 660TI, I don't know.

#114 W.Hauke

W.Hauke

Posted 04 September 2013 - 00:28

Hey Seawolf,

The server and your computer have no idea what the graphics look like on either end, they only care about the information being passed between them. Having your settings set so high that your computer slows down will inevitably slow down the rate/size of information leaving your computer.

Think of it this way:

It is NOT like pouring liquid down a funnel and having better graphics is like pouring even more liquid down the funnel.

It IS like pouring liquid down a funnel while you balance yourself on one leg, standing on a chair.

Better graphics don't affect the communication between one computer and another, but better graphics can sometimes make it harder for one computer to "say the words" to the other computer. Better graphics are just one more thing for your computer to handle in addition to communicating with another computer. Most computers do just fine in this task, and you would really REALLY need to have some serious slowdown in order for your computer to mess up in the communication area because of graphics. Basically, you would be way more concerned about getting 2 FPS than you would be about your connection with a server!

#115 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 04 September 2013 - 00:41

Hey Seawolf,

The server and your computer have no idea what the graphics look like on either end, they only care about the information being passed between them. Having your settings set so high that your computer slows down will inevitably slow down the rate/size of information leaving your computer.

Think of it this way:

It is NOT like pouring liquid down a funnel and having better graphics is like pouring even more liquid down the funnel.

It IS like pouring liquid down a funnel while you balance yourself on one leg, standing on a chair.

Better graphics don't affect the communication between one computer and another, but better graphics can sometimes make it harder for one computer to "say the words" to the other computer. Better graphics are just one more thing for your computer to handle in addition to communicating with another computer. Most computers do just fine in this task, and you would really REALLY need to have some serious slowdown in order for your computer to mess up in the communication area because of graphics. Basically, you would be way more concerned about getting 2 FPS than you would be about your connection with a server!

Ah, got it! It does make sense. It is less badly, because although I don’t overclock it, my i7 should handle the info passing though altogether with the joint work with the VGA. Or at least I can get a good balance in between graphics and playability.

Thanks,

#116 W.Hauke

W.Hauke

Posted 05 September 2013 - 00:18

http://www.mediafire...psq20fzuaa8csba" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mediafire...psq20fzuaa8csba

Follow the directions in the above document! I don't really know what these instructions are doing exactly, but my FPS went from ~15 to ~60 after following these steps and I have a supremely shitty processor.

Take some time to search google (in english. i'm not sure there are many discussions in portugese) and really try to understand what all the settings do and how graphics processing works. I ask you to do this because no matter what advice you're following about what settings you should use, it is never ever EVER going to work the same way for you…if at all! There are so many variables in the equation that it is basically impossible to apply one person's solution to another person's computer and have it work the same.

That being said, I DO know that the process in the link I posted above turns off anistropic filter optimization. It has a very small effect on image quality with a HUGE performance gain. I think this has more to do with the way the Rise of Flight engine works and not as much to do with the actual performance characteristics of your computer. If you notice no effect, just turn it back on and it's like nothing ever happened.

If you follow those directions correctly, you will have a new program called nVidia Inspector. There is a way to greatly increase performance (for a lot of people) while also displaying some nice graphics using this program. You could also completely eliminate that annoying shimmer! If you'd like some personal help getting that set up, I'll be glad to assist you. It takes no time or effort at all.

I just spent a week tweaking things and I think I'm in a pretty good spot right now. I'm running a GTX670, and the only reason I didn't go for a 770 is because I didn't think that the difference in cost justified the increase in performance.

Around the holidays in America, every single retailer in the nation has some seriously nice sales going on. I know you guys celebrate christmas in Brazil, but I don't know if it's a giant consumer orgy like it is here! Don't wait all the way to 2014 to buy a new graphics card! Be sure to check all the American stores that will ship to you, I bet you can find a great price. I also bet that nVidia and AMD will "unveil" new cards around that time and the prices for the "old" cards will drop. There is also the possibility that the video card manufacturers will adjust their prices when the new gaming consoles hit the market before the shopping season in order to stay competitive.

In short, start shopping for a new card on sites during the end of the last week of November in order to find the best deal you will get all year.

#117 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:01

http://www.mediafire...psq20fzuaa8csba

Follow the directions in the above document! I don't really know what these instructions are doing exactly, but my FPS went from ~15 to ~60 after following these steps and I have a supremely shitty processor.

Take some time to search google (in english. i'm not sure there are many discussions in portugese) and really try to understand what all the settings do and how graphics processing works. I ask you to do this because no matter what advice you're following about what settings you should use, it is never ever EVER going to work the same way for you…if at all! There are so many variables in the equation that it is basically impossible to apply one person's solution to another person's computer and have it work the same.

That being said, I DO know that the process in the link I posted above turns off anistropic filter optimization. It has a very small effect on image quality with a HUGE performance gain. I think this has more to do with the way the Rise of Flight engine works and not as much to do with the actual performance characteristics of your computer. If you notice no effect, just turn it back on and it's like nothing ever happened.

If you follow those directions correctly, you will have a new program called nVidia Inspector. There is a way to greatly increase performance (for a lot of people) while also displaying some nice graphics using this program. You could also completely eliminate that annoying shimmer! If you'd like some personal help getting that set up, I'll be glad to assist you. It takes no time or effort at all.

I just spent a week tweaking things and I think I'm in a pretty good spot right now. I'm running a GTX670, and the only reason I didn't go for a 770 is because I didn't think that the difference in cost justified the increase in performance.

Around the holidays in America, every single retailer in the nation has some seriously nice sales going on. I know you guys celebrate christmas in Brazil, but I don't know if it's a giant consumer orgy like it is here! Don't wait all the way to 2014 to buy a new graphics card! Be sure to check all the American stores that will ship to you, I bet you can find a great price. I also bet that nVidia and AMD will "unveil" new cards around that time and the prices for the "old" cards will drop. There is also the possibility that the video card manufacturers will adjust their prices when the new gaming consoles hit the market before the shopping season in order to stay competitive.

In short, start shopping for a new card on sites during the end of the last week of November in order to find the best deal you will get all year.

Thanks! I'll save the file for now, because I running a HD 6870. Since it is three years old, I might upgrade it. The prices will drop until it gets closer to the GTX 670, so I’ll wait a bit. Since the GTX 700 series came just a couple months ago, they won’t be launching anything until Q3 of 2014.

I think that every western country have a “Christmas rampage”, unless it is undergoing an economical crisis, but here, with taxes and all, the cost of electronics hit heavy on the wallet. It is not like in the US, but at the same time people get more attached to the buying thing because it is more of a challenge. To import by Amazon, for example, we pay 60% of taxes over electronics, so it is better to buy over here in case you need an RMA.

#118 W.Hauke

W.Hauke

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:39

oh ok i see. maybe try searching for the method for turning off the anistropic thing on your card. It really helped me more than anything else. Might just be a nVidia thing, but it's pretty easy to switch it on and off in any case, so it's worth a shot!

#119 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 05 September 2013 - 20:01

oh ok i see. maybe try searching for the method for turning off the anistropic thing on your card. It really helped me more than anything else. Might just be a nVidia thing, but it's pretty easy to switch it on and off in any case, so it's worth a shot!

Mine is set to "Use application settings", so it might be ok. In fact, I consider that my VGA is doing a hell of a job since it is three years old and back then it was a middle level card. But I suppose that now it is time to give it a bump!

#120 W.Hauke

W.Hauke

Posted 06 September 2013 - 17:28

I think that rise of flight defaults to it being on, so you have to turn it off in your vid card settings no matter what the game tells you. I think it's an issue in the ROF engine that makes the filtering hog up resources, not that we have outdated video cards or anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users