Photo
- - - - -

Mod Compilation (with JSGME organization!)

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#161 SirFreddie

SirFreddie

Posted 12 December 2011 - 00:48

Errm! I use the AI mod redpiano and always fly the SE5a… I find the DVa one of the easier planes to take out (I don't believe I'm any kind of 'Top gun' either!). I find they USUALLY stall if I'm taunting them from above… and if I get on their tail I can usually match their manouvres (don't do this when outnumbered unless his wingmen are engaging friendlies).
You can always do a serious dive and 'get out of Dodge', then wiegh up your options.

The same applies for the Pfalz DIIIa, though I find this a more slippery fish when up close.

With both advesaries I use lots of side/rear views (Not using TIR yet!)to let me know when it's advantageous to turn to avoid his prop hanginging attack or turn and dive on his stall :S!:

Oh! and when you merge, make a shallow,wide, climbing turn after passing (This can work when running away also).

#162 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:16

Yes, shallow passes is one thing I'm forgetting. Need to re-implement that into my tactics. Thanks Freddie.

By the way Gav could we get an all tracers mod for the sake of gunnery practice?

#163 SirFreddie

SirFreddie

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:22

I remember someone mentioning a paintball effect to register hits (for practice). If 777 can do ricochets then 'pink splats' can't be that hard to do can they???

#164 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:18

Yes, shallow passes is one thing I'm forgetting. Need to re-implement that into my tactics. Thanks Freddie.

By the way Gav could we get an all tracers mod for the sake of gunnery practice?

Sorry, that is not possible for anything except a turret gun.

#165 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:26

I remember someone mentioning a paintball effect to register hits (for practice). If 777 can do ricochets then 'pink splats' can't be that hard to do can they???

That would require loading a lot of textures very quickly, I doubt it's really possible at the moment because RoF already has to handle a lot of big texture files but having a decal for each bullet strike would be awesome. The original Mafia had it for cars which was fun, I remember writing my initials on a few with the Chicago Typewriter.

:x

#166 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:03

Just about every game out there has decals for bullet holes Jimmy, if it's hard to process then I can't imagine it would be such a common feature.

I was just curious if it could be modified that way.

#167 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:05

Can you explain why? If you can make reduced tracers and no tracers why not all tracers?

Yep, you're right Freddie, just needed to be reminded of the shallow dives and that remedied the issue, got 3 albatros in one mission. Satisfying when everything clicks back into place.

#168 Zoltann

Zoltann

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:34

:o Geeeez…

Thanks for the hint gavagai, I was on a wild goose chase :?

I used a download manager for your zip file. For some reason it deleted/skipped the MODS folder.

So I ended up with these funny ".PHP" files, where nobody ever heard of.

Using standart download it is OK.

Thanks for your reply, Zol.

#169 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:21

Can you explain why? If you can make reduced tracers and no tracers why not all tracers?

Because I was only able to get reduced tracers by using a trick. All guns in RoF are set to have a bullet/tracer ratio of 2:1. But what you see as a tracer is not really a tracer, but an image attached to a bullet. There are two bullet types, and by removing the image for one of those bullets, you get a tracer ratio of 5:1.

Why not adjust the tracer ratio? We're not allowed to adjust anything in the aircraft files for fear that someone could enable aircraft he does not own.

#170 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:36

I see, they should just move the aircraft activation entirely server side to remove that possibility.

#171 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 12 December 2011 - 13:41

I've never seen this before, but with the AI mod the Dr1 is not flying properly in a strong wind, it's really really funny actually! He's flipping side to side and stalling like an injured player.

I just deleted the Dr1 file, he doesn't need the mod as much as the other planes do.

#172 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 12 December 2011 - 15:31

And deleting the Dr1 file solves that problem? If so, I'll remove it in the next upload.

#173 geejay4

geejay4
  • LocationUK - Surrey

Posted 12 December 2011 - 18:22

Gavagai, JimmyBlonde & arjisme.
Thanks for replies, gents.
After another six attempts to download the full file it suddenly gave up and completed.
Many thanks.
Geejay.

#174 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 12 December 2011 - 19:30

Yes, but removing the DR1 from mod, it will fly to the deck (as mods off) at first encounter, and do not keep altitude anymore… :(

#175 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 13 December 2011 - 16:01

Maybe it would be possible to fix Criquet's Dr1 file so that it flies in the wind properly? I would first need to know how to recreate what Taipan saw.

#176 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 13 December 2011 - 19:38

The few DR1 i saw in my N28 career were flying pretty fine.
They have a strange tendency to snap roll quite often though (alone, not in a urgency manoeuvre) and going into spins they can recover most of time…but independently to the wind force to me.

#177 O_Taipan

O_Taipan

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:12

And deleting the Dr1 file solves that problem? If so, I'll remove it in the next upload.

Yes, Dr1 is my flight leader I am in a DVa. Same mission same wind and no Dr1 mod he takes off and leaves us for dead lol. But that's nothing to do with the mod.

#178 =IRFC=Vasco

=IRFC=Vasco

Posted 19 December 2011 - 16:12

Gentlemen,

Can anybody tell me who the author of the mod that reduces tracers from one every three bullets, to one every six bullets is? I want to try to put a mod together for training air gunners by increasing the tracers to one-in-one and making them much bigger and brighter.

I just need to know what file I need to edit and the values to adjust.

=IRFC=Vasco

#179 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 19 December 2011 - 17:11

Yes Vasco, that would be me. However, reducing the tracer ratio was just a trick. Normally you are not allowed to adjust the ratio, but for turret positions you can, so you are in luck.

How much guidance do you need?

Each gunner position has a file, and in the file there's a place to set the tracer ratio. The default is 3, which means a 2:1 ratio. Changing it to 1 makes every bullet a tracer.

There are also files for the ammunition types (2 German, and 2 British). There you might be able to make the tracers bigger by adjusting the visual radius.

Good luck!

#180 =IRFC=Vasco

=IRFC=Vasco

Posted 19 December 2011 - 17:27

Thanks Gavagai,

That was just what I needed.

=IRFC=Vasco

#181 =IRFC=Vasco

=IRFC=Vasco

Posted 20 December 2011 - 13:07

Sorry Gavagai,

I can't identify the files I need to edit. Can you give me their names and locations?

=IRFC=Vasco

#182 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 21 December 2011 - 22:16

Here Vasco. This folder goes in "Luascripts."

Attached Files

#183 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 23 December 2011 - 18:11

Updated for 1.023.

#184 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 23 December 2011 - 19:55

Thank you sir.

#185 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 23 December 2011 - 19:58

I see we have to reinstall the mod compilation after 1.023?

#186 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 23 December 2011 - 20:14

Never mind, i saw the other thread.
Will delete the "Caeroplane" file in Criquet mod.
Thanks for the fix Gav! :S!: …and happy Christmas to you!

#187 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:42

I didn't install the mod oil texture after the update and this is what came of it.

Just thought I'd let ya know.

#188 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 24 December 2011 - 16:03

Oh, it is no longer compatible! I will let feathered know. Thank you.

#189 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:40

Is the AI mod still actually working as of the update? In three separate missions today I've experienced the AI doing the same downright stupid maneuver of spiraling downward towards earth, twice against Fokker DVII's and once against Albatros D.III's.

#190 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:53

Criquet's adjustments are relevant for aircraft like the SE5a, Spads, Pfalz D.XII, Nieuport 28, i.e. aircraft that turn like crap. Otherwise you won't notice much difference between modded and stock.

#191 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:59

Well, i can see a difference for Albatros (all of them) and Fokkers EIII and DR1 (others i didn't met yet).

But depending on what skill level they have or you fight against ;)

Some certain skill tend to keep altitude while others not, or just as the same as mods off.

#192 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:06

Okay Gav, I must not have noticed them doing it before the patch then.

#193 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:18

Gavagai,

Thank you for this mod compilation and for keeping it current!

Broadside

#194 BSS_DrGlow

BSS_DrGlow

Posted 28 December 2011 - 00:12

Hi guys, this the first time trying mods.So I unzip the JSGME to, C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight\data, is that OK ?? . I'm asking because I selected no tracers and did a quick mission in a Spad, 1st mods on, then mods off but it seems the same, or maybe its just me

#195 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 28 December 2011 - 00:59

Hi guys, this the first time trying mods.So I unzip the JSGME to, C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight\data, is that OK ?? . I'm asking because I selected no tracers and did a quick mission in a Spad, 1st mods on, then mods off but it seems the same, or maybe its just me

Glow:

Check the instructions in the first post of this thread. You should unpack the files into your Program Files, not your RoF Folder.

Hope that helps!

#196 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:35

Hrm. I thought it was c:\Program Files\Rise of Flight

or in my case: c:\games\RoF\JSGME.exe

#197 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:50

You should unpack the files into your Program Files, not your RoF Folder.

You can put it in main ROF folder. No problem at all. It's working fine here.
Then, throw the application icon on your desk, and choose whatever mod you want.

#198 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:44

Well, it appears it works either in Program Files or RoF but not in RoF/Data.

Here's what Gav's instructions are in Post #1:

October 1st, 2011

I am replacing the original mod compilation with a JSGME mod enabler. Expand it into your root directory that contains RoF, e.g. C:\Program Files
You will see three things in the zip file. A folder called JSGMEMODS, the JSGME .exe, and a config file (that may or may not be necessary, but they have it there for HSFX, so I included it).

Simply double click on the JSGME.exe, and you will see a little menu come up with the names of different mods. Select the one you want, and use the arrow to move it to the 'activated mods' side of the menu. If you see a warning about a folder already having been modified, ignore the warning.

#199 BSS_DrGlow

BSS_DrGlow

Posted 28 December 2011 - 18:19

Thank you Gents.
HT you are right it works in both places.
I understood and followed the instruction on the first post but I didn't see any real difference with the tracers off, so I assumed the install path was wrong and the JSGME was not working right, my mistake. But I can definitely see the difference now that I have mixed it up with a few AI. WOW! these mods make ROF a whole new experience, I love them. Thank you Gavagai and all others that are involved with these Mods. :D

Again thanks for the help guys

#200 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 28 December 2011 - 19:27

WOW! these mods make ROF a whole new experience, I love them.

Agreed , I am using the AI & Gunner mod in my career and the new campign. I was in the second mission in Vanders Campaign and was jumped by 3 SpadXIIIs and they zoom and boomed me and when I got hits on one and had him smoking, he dove away for home and left me in his smoke. All of this was at 2500m and they never went for the deck. Thanks

S! Blade<><

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users