Photo
- - - - -

Mod Compilation (with JSGME organization!)

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#121 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 23:23

Hm, haven't seen my SE5 mates boom and zoom them once yet. I'm glad I finally know where to look for these damn things though, 25 missions in PWCG and I haven't seen a single DFW until now.

#122 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 07 December 2011 - 23:38

Are you using Criquet's AI Mod and flying Mods On?

All the BnZ scouts (SPADs, Biffs, SE, etc.) extend a long way.

One of the things the BnZ Mod AI do pretty well is Drag and Bag. Sometime they drag for me, other times I drag for them. Lots easier getting kills if you use your wingmen (or they use you) as bait ;)

#123 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 23:44

Yeah I am HT, they boom and zoom fine against scouts but whenever they see a DFW they become too bedazzled by the glistening purple paint and all line up to be shot.

And I agree, I love using my friends as bait to get good shots on enemy planes!

#124 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 07 December 2011 - 23:47

lol.. you and me both.. while the gunner is blazing away at my AI's, I'm off to the flank and above just waiting to zoom down on the blighter!

#125 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 07 December 2011 - 23:49

Well lucky you! Whenever I zoom down the observer is horrified by my ugly green paint and decides to shoot me up instead!

#126 geejay4

geejay4
  • LocationUK - Surrey

Posted 08 December 2011 - 17:12

Gavagai - I am trying to download the JSGMEROF mod, and have made several attempts, but the downloaded Zip file keeps telling me that it is 81460 bytes short. Any idea what the problem might be?
Best regards,
Geejay.

#127 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:45

Sorry, I have no idea. What program are you using to unzip it?

#128 JimmyBlonde

JimmyBlonde

Posted 09 December 2011 - 13:10

Corrupt download probably, try to download it again.

#129 geejay4

geejay4
  • LocationUK - Surrey

Posted 09 December 2011 - 15:44

Gavagai - ref to JSGMEROF corrupt download - I am using Winzip 8.0, and I have tried twice today with the same result.
Geejay

#130 arjisme

arjisme

Posted 09 December 2011 - 16:34

geejay, I just tested downloading and opening the file and all worked fine for me. However, I am using WinZip 15.0 on a Windows 7 laptop. The file is not corrupted.

#131 AlHo

AlHo

Posted 09 December 2011 - 16:46

Gavagai - I have got all 3 gunner mods on using JSGME (yours, ricky133's and Avimimus') is this overkill and will there be conflicting files? I have had a couple of crashes lately although I am pretty sure they are unrelated to the mods. Seems to work ok but I am not sure if they just overwrite each other depending on the order they are applied.

#132 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 09 December 2011 - 19:11

Gavagai - I have got all 3 gunner mods on using JSGME (yours, ricky133's and Avimimus') is this overkill and will there be conflicting files? I have had a couple of crashes lately although I am pretty sure they are unrelated to the mods. Seems to work ok but I am not sure if they just overwrite each other depending on the order they are applied.

When you activate the mods in JSME it says that the files are already altered in another mod, if they clash. You should see this message every time you activate avimuims' mod after activating Gavagai's mod. So no it doesn't work. You have to choose one.

#133 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 09 December 2011 - 19:49

Yes, only one gunner mod at a time. In some cases the error message comes up because mods merely share some of the same folders, but in this case overlapping is bad.

I didn't mean to include avimimus' mod and copied it over by accident, no matter though. If you're seriously frustrated with watching your AI wingmen die against two-seaters then it's a good fix. On the other hand, if you're flying a two-seater, then it's best to go with the regular AI gunner mod.

#134 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 09 December 2011 - 20:27

Gav.. Can I just confirm then that it's ok to use the 'ai gunner' mod with the reduced 'tracer frequency' mod as they share the same folders and display the same warning message?

#135 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 09 December 2011 - 21:14

Yes, that is ok.

For example guys (and gals), with my jsgme I have the following enabled:

AI gunner mod
Criquet's AI pilot's
No-delayed bomb fuzes
Reduced tracer frequency (this one really adds challenge!)

Plus, I have feathered's oil texture in there, too. I'll go ahead and include that this weekend.

#136 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 09 December 2011 - 21:18

Gav, i don't remember if it's AI gunner mod related, but my AI gunners don't sit down anymore after firing…is it cause of the mod?

#137 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 09 December 2011 - 21:25

Fifi, I'm pretty sure it's the mod. When I run default, he sits down. When I run it with the gunner Mod, he doesn't.

#138 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 09 December 2011 - 21:28

AH, Ok Tom.

Gav, dou you think it's fixable?

#139 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 09 December 2011 - 21:37

That's new to me. I'll look into it. It happens every time the gunner stands up to fire?

#140 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 09 December 2011 - 21:39

Yes. I saw it with Bristol and RE8 (the one i fly), but i'm sure it's the same with others.

#141 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 09 December 2011 - 21:42

And you're certain it only happens mods-on?

#142 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 09 December 2011 - 21:46

Can't try it right now, but TOM confirmed it.

If i recall well, this problem happened with 1.022.

#143 AlHo

AlHo

Posted 09 December 2011 - 23:25

Thanks for clearing the AI gunner mods matter up. Just gonna use the normal gunner AI mod now.

#144 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 10 December 2011 - 00:22

Gavagai: I confirm mods off, the pilot sit down after firing, but never mods on (with AI gunner mod)

Other weird thing i noticed mods on: the gunner simply desapear when dead!
Don't think it's the same mods off…

If you can look into this, and update your AI gunner mod, it would be great and i thank you in advance. Cause i'm only using your mod for gunners, so much more accurate! :S!:

#145 elephant

elephant

Posted 10 December 2011 - 00:30

A dead gunner disapears in Mods Off as well, in the same way a plane wreck disappears after a while…
It's kind of a game feature, not a glitch. ;)

#146 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 10 December 2011 - 00:41

A dead gunner disapears in Mods Off as well, in the same way a plane wreck disappears after a while…
It's kind of a game feature, not a glitch. ;)

:0o: Really? Didn't know about that…was quite sure to have seen dead gunners in rear seat some time ago…oh, well, if you say so, i might be wrong then ;)

#147 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 10 December 2011 - 00:47

I've seen dead gunners slumped in the back of the aircraft.. didn't realise they dissappeared?

#148 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 10 December 2011 - 00:51

Gav, i don't remember if it's AI gunner mod related, but my AI gunners don't sit down anymore after firing…is it cause of the mod?

With AI gunner mod on, if you toggle Control C after he has finished firing he sits down again.

#149 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:00

With AI gunner mod on, if you toggle Control C after he has finished firing he sits down again.

:) Yes, it was a tip i gave some time ago…but still annoying thing.
Hoping Gav will solve it!

#150 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:43

I am in the middle of looking into it and thought I would report something interesting. There's a file that controls the ranges at which the gunners open up. You remember people complaining about their gunners opening up from 1km away? Well, guess what! They changed the values that control that back to the previous settings! :0o:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but that wasn't mentioned in the change logs.

—————-

The problem is definitely with the turret files in the world objects folder. I did a few tests, one mods off, one mods on but nothing in the lua scripts folder, and one mods on with the RE8 turret file. The only time the gunner failed to sit down was with the RE8 gunner file in the world objects folder.

I only changed one thing, the sector limits. This may have to do with the new loading system mods-on that reduced the load times…we'll see.

#151 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:14

I am in the middle of looking into it and thought I would report something interesting. There's a file that controls the ranges at which the gunners open up. You remember people complaining about their gunners opening up from 1km away? Well, guess what! They changed the values that control that back to the previous settings!

Tell me if I'm wrong, but that wasn't mentioned in the change logs.

As said in other thread, i don't see any opening fire range change for mod off (in 1.022)
It seems to me the same silly far distance.
777 told me they didn't plan to change it soon.
Anyway if something has been change in the file since 1.022, it doesn't make that much difference…

Good luck for the gunner fix!…and don't forget to tell us :D

#152 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:07

It's not looking good Fifi. I made another test with the default Re8 turret file mods-on, and the gunner sat down just fine. Changing the sector limits so that gunners do not fire through the fuselage is the only change I've made, but with 1.022 that is causing the AI not to sit down. I don't know what the heck has happened.

#153 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:04

Crap! That is really silly.
I much prefer the gunner NOT firing through fuselage anyway…so, too bad for the standing up gunner :(
We have a tip to make him sit down by toggeling the seats, but we can't do it for other planes!
Strange thing to see those 2 seaters flying with this stupid gunner :lol:

#154 Zoltann

Zoltann

Posted 11 December 2011 - 16:03

Hi,

How do I open PHP files to activate via JSGME?

No readme or other info in mod. Cant be that hard right? :mrgreen:

Thanks, Zol.

#155 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 11 December 2011 - 18:02

PHP files? I don't know what you're talking about. Can you explain more?

#156 Zoltann

Zoltann

Posted 11 December 2011 - 19:56

Well,

The content of the JSGMEROF.zip, which you post on your first post at the bottom…

After download it contains a single file.PHP:

"October 1st, 2011

I am replacing the original mod compilation with a JSGME mod enabler. Expand it into your root directory that contains RoF, e.g. C:\Program Files
You will see three things in the zip file. A folder called JSGMEMODS, the JSGME .exe, and a config file (that may or may not be necessary, but they have it there for HSFX, so I included it).

Simply double click on the JSGME.exe, and you will see a little menu come up with the names of different mods. Select the one you want, and use the arrow to move it to the 'activated mods' side of the menu. If you see a warning about a folder already having been modified, ignore the warning.

The only small changes that have been included are sector limits for the Gotha and HP nose gunners. Normally they act like additional tail gunners, firing through the engines, struts, etc. Now their fire will be more restricted to the front hemisphere, although both can still fire over the top wing, so watchout!

———

Little update October 2nd: "No tracers" alternative included in the compilation.

———

November 22nd: update for the RE8 and N17. Single Lewis gun F2B still a WIP….pour encourager les autres.
Attachments:
JSGMEROF.zip [386.83 KiB]
Downloaded 284 times

Last edited by gavagai on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 12 times in total."

#157 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 11 December 2011 - 19:58

You should see a zip file, Zoltann. I don't even know what a PHP file is. What application do you normally use to open a compressed file?

#158 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 00:20

Does anyone feel like the mods on ai is too good, I'm starting to not want to use it. Specifically fighting Albatros D.Va's with my SE5, the albie never stalls, they always turn perfectly with me, get a pop shot and just drop down back into perfect formation. I haven't been able to kill a single Albatros in a week.

#159 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 12 December 2011 - 00:28

Does anyone feel like the mods on ai is too good

Well, no! In fact, i feel almost the inverse! :)
But i keep it on, just because in most cases they down dive always on top trees…
Just this thing justify the AI mod use.
Oh…and the fact gunners are more accurate…but it's an other mod :D

#160 BADMUTHA

BADMUTHA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 00:35

It might just be that I suck or that I don't have rudder control but I've been incapable of killing albatros and Pfalz this last week and it's been the most infuriating time I've had with this game.

they just never stall, thusly never leave themselves open.

I wish someone would just make a guide on how to effectively use each plane, I've been banging my head against the SE5 wall since august now and I still suck with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users